Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

You can upload video straight to imgur. Think it even gives you the option to keep/remove sound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

we got ducks here too, didnt have to go to any kind of zealand

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I started thinking about the Bengals game and got pissed off all over again.

Having flashbacks of idiots saying this is why you draft a kicker :smuggo:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Butker and Tucker were both UDFAs. Roberto Aguayo was a 2nd round pick. Mason Crosby is one of the he most reliable kickers in the league. So is Rodrigo Blankenship.

Kicking is chaos my friends. Embrace it.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I started thinking about the Bengals game and got pissed off all over again.

Having flashbacks of idiots saying this is why you draft a kicker :smuggo:

He's been very good in general. Tbh blame the QB for throwing 2 bad picks or the coach for playing conservative in field goal range.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Neat bird pics. But where's the warblers and sparrows!! :D I like that one on the stone ledge thing but don't know what it is.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The first photo is clearly an elephant not a bird

4:1 bird to elephant. Almost no elephant by %. Surprised you even saw it

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Kawalimus posted:

Neat bird pics. But where's the warblers and sparrows!! :D I like that one on the stone ledge thing but don't know what it is.

Not sure, I don’t even know what it is I’m shooting in those regions

Here’s one from Fiji
https://i.imgur.com/5Fx1Ue3.mp4

Here’s the Eagle from Alaska, it’s slow motion so give it a minute and the eagle’s gonna swoop in
https://i.imgur.com/HGXawLM.mp4

Gatts fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Oct 14, 2021

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Gatts posted:

Not sure, I don’t even know what it is I’m shooting in those regions

Here’s one from Fiji
https://i.imgur.com/5Fx1Ue3.mp4

Here’s the Eagle from Alaska, it’s slow motion so give it a minute and the eagle’s gonna swoop in
https://i.imgur.com/HGXawLM.mp4

I was just being an rear end about the warblers and sparrows and being a small bird snob. Don't worry about it!! There might not even be any there.

I know that top one pretty sure that's a Common Myna. They've even been introduced in FL now.

And cool vid also. There's another type of Eagle up that way too called a Steller's Sea Eagle. And apparently a captive one got loose in like Pennsylvania or something a while ago! I wonder if they ever caught it. It would be funny to see that and think I had some sort of mega rarity :D that is if I recognized it in the first place and didn't think it was just a Imm Bald.

The bird I wanna see that's in Alaska is called a Bluethroat!! I want to see the adult. Those are way in the north of Alaska I think.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

all of these birds are commons, not a single mythic anywhere

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
mythic birds blow

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Here's some good ole southern OH birds.

A woodpecker on a bird feeder I got recently:

Here's a bird that got into my house a few years ago:

Who Dey!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Who Dey!

Congrats on your bird

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Who Dey!

I regret to inform you that the bird is now the rightful owner of your star trek spaceships

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

I made him leave since he pooped on the Tie Fighter. It was something akin to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0nICyhwIMQ

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Here's some good ole southern OH birds.

A woodpecker on a bird feeder I got recently:

Who Dey!

Top one is a red-bellied woodpecker. Bottom one is a Carolina Wren. I always think how annoying a Carolina Wren would be to have as a pet with how loud its song is.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

I always think how annoying a Carolina Wren would be to have as a pet with how loud its song is.

Thinking about it keeps me up at night tbh

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

https://twitter.com/Pickswise/status/1448701137700462592

Garrett doesn't seem like a horrible person so I take this more in a light hearted way than a cringe way.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

epic meme..!!

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Mystic Stylez posted:

epic meme..!!

It is good

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Hopefully they're on the way to push him down some stairs

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the steelers and bengals will have the same record leading into their second big showdown

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
https://theathletic.com/2889928/202...ry=ted%20nguyen

Someone finally explained why the Ravens pass catchers are always running routes into one another's spots.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm not going to ask for the whole thing but can we get a synopsis

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Some Excerpts posted:

Ravens offensive coordinator Greg Roman reinvented his running game with college ideas years ago when he had Colin Kaepernick with the 49ers, which ultimately led to the unique Ravens’ running attack we see today. With the help of his current staff, it looks like they are infusing more college ideas into their passing game. They’re more creative, they’ve opened up the playbook and they’ve given their receivers a ton of freedom with their route running. At times, their spacing can be poor because of the freedom their receivers have, but it’s hard to argue with the results....

One of the reasons the Ravens are able to throw the ball downfield so much is because they see a lot of off coverage. Teams don’t want to play press-man against the Ravens because they want to keep eyes on Jackson in case he keeps the ball on an option play or takes off on a scramble. As a result, the Ravens’ receivers have free releases and can get downfield without being harassed.

Marquise Brown, who also does his fair share of freelancing, looks like a sharper route runner this year and when he’s isolated, he’s embarrassed defenders.

Conclusion posted:

The chart on the left shows Jackson’s completion percentage from different locations on the field this season and the chart on the right shows from 2018-2020. Jackson still lets a pass get away from him here and there and when it does, it can look ugly, but he’s consistently hitting passes all over the field. Defenses can no longer just give him access throws to the outside.

Can the Ravens be more disciplined with their route running and spacing? Yes. I’m sure it’ll be something that the Ravens staff continues to work on, but it’s hard to ignore the numbers they are producing. Brown is taking the top off defenses and the Ravens are featuring Andrews’ ability to freelance and get open. The Ravens’ passing game isn’t a precise West Coast passing attack and their spacing isn’t always ideal, but they’re playing free and loose. Jackson is aware of what defenses are doing and he’s making adjustments on the fly.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

A Fork-tailed Flycatcher was in Pasadena MD today. Wow!!

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Puppy Bowl posted:

https://theathletic.com/2889928/202...ry=ted%20nguyen

Someone finally explained why the Ravens pass catchers are always running routes into one another's spots.

Ted Ngyuen is really great, I love all of his poo poo. And it definitely sheds light onto some of the most head scratching stuff from last year .I remember posting some of the route concepts from the (I think?) Titans playoff game that seemed totally psychotic at the time. I can't argue with success and the players seem like they've really stepped up in terms of feeling the coverage and using their flexibility to adjust, along with Lamar hitting those windows.

It still just seems odd system for an offense that consists almost exclusively of young skill players. You could probably say they were playing the long game of hoping everyone sort of grows into it, but I do wonder if it would've made more sense to get those players running stricter routes, maybe with pre-snap options - at least as far as just developing the players goes.

Although I can only say this without true insight, and it'd take a deeper dive to see if this wasn't what they were already doing, just either bad decision making, bad route running, or bad route concepts (letting two dudes run option routes and not making sure that the options make sense and don't run into each other)

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The passing game stuff is encouraging. And this makes me more excited for players like Bateman knowing they have an actual chance at development.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Josh Bynes looks 10 years younger. Player of the game.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Josh Bynes should get in the Ring of Honor constantly coming in to rescue Ravens seasons

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wish I could know what Bynes did but CBS moved it out of my area but Sunday Ticket is still crying about it being blacked out

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dang the browns really struggled against the chargers huh

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

it's superbowl or bust for the ravens this season

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

AndrewP posted:

Josh Bynes should get in the Ring of Honor constantly coming in to rescue Ravens seasons

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
And single handedly winning the 2012 Superbowl.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

when players go to the cincinnati bengals to recharge, they come back home energized. james harrison. josh bynes. myles garrett. it feels so good to not be in cincinnati

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

chamois posted:

it's superbowl or bust for the ravens this season

AFC Championship is our peak. We ain't touching Buffalo. Unless someone else ices them.