Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The dialogue in that The Batman trailer was... kind of bad, honestly. But it's got a very distinctive look. I'm interested, though the slow pan to the most obvious reveal in the world of what was in the coffee cup was pretty silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

I thought that trailer was pretty cool, I love some of the fighting and the look of it.

Also don't mind Batman's extremely effective bullet stopping body armour. Is it a bit fantastical? Sure. But so is Batman, even in more grounded takes. There is no such thing as a realistic Batman.

Karloff fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Oct 16, 2021

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'm honestly mostly surprised they just straight up call him Riddler in the trailer. It feels like they've been scared to use the names for like 20 years. Even Marvel feels like they only just started letting people just casually drop Captain Marvel or Spider-Man into conversation.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I like the look of the movie and the tone, although I agree that the dialog was a little iffy. However, a lot of it is taken out of context so I'm not going to really worry about it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASv687MKU80
Shazam: Fury of the Gods

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Gaz-L posted:

I'm honestly mostly surprised they just straight up call him Riddler in the trailer. It feels like they've been scared to use the names for like 20 years. Even Marvel feels like they only just started letting people just casually drop Captain Marvel or Spider-Man into conversation.

I'm glad we seem to be mostly past the "make fun of the weird name" era of these films. The audience is willing to accept weird poo poo, you don't have to wink at them and undermine the very idea of your story like that. I remember the original Ant-Man trailers had cracks about the name "Ant-Man," which were thankfully not in the movie itself.

e: the one possible version of that I will accept, speaking of Shazam, is pointing out how weird it is that the hero and the wizard have the same name now

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

site posted:

you know, I've seen this tweet a lot the past day or so and is it weird to anybody else that this is just like, 3 randos?? there's no indication that these are mcu stans or anything, it's just...people who don't like the art? but the tweet calls them mcu fans just to get a rise out of the twittersphere

https://twitter.com/nicisadic/status/1449211962664030209

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

I like The Riddler as a character a lot but he seems way less interesting than all of the non-Riddler things happening in that trailer. Zoe Kravitz is nailing it as Catwoman and Colin Farrell having a big ol' snack on the scenery could be a real joy.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Arist posted:

The dialogue in that The Batman trailer was... kind of bad, honestly. But it's got a very distinctive look. I'm interested, though the slow pan to the most obvious reveal in the world of what was in the coffee cup was pretty silly.

The dialog felt like snippets cut from the Nolan Trilogy.
I think Batman looks awesome though and I like that they are using the same city aesthetic from the first Crow movie (yes indeed, it can't rain all the time).
I'm kind of worried that Riddler will just be Joker-lite though.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
batman at least looks good, visually

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Yea Batman looks and sounds really good. The trailer really gave the movie a noirish gothic vibe (going back to the Crow atmosphere) and I am all in for that.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Madkal posted:

Yea Batman looks and sounds really good. The trailer really gave the movie a noirish gothic vibe (going back to the Crow atmosphere) and I am all in for that.

Yeah, I'm definitely digging it.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I was starting to think I was burnt out of live action Batmen, but the Flash teaser got me hyped.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Overall looks good, but the part where Pattman hits the glass was very funny, he looked like a wimp.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/RobertSecundus/status/1449460313145888769

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think I might just be tired of gritty, para military, noir Batman. I'm not saying that's the wrong way to do Batman. I just was like "oh, more explosions and grumbling noises."

And Peacemaker definitely felt very Deadpool and derivative in some ways, but could be fun.

I am curious about Shazam/Black Adam though. Separately and if they connect in any way.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Oct 16, 2021

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Apparently this is fake and I wish I never found that out.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Madkal posted:

I think a few days ago Matt Reeves confirmed that's the vibe he is going for. And probably more detective Batman too! Which I welcome and would love to see.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

Yeah, that'll be cool, the detective stuff in previous films has just been intermediary scenes to move the plot along. Building the structure of the story around solving a case is different and exciting.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

STAC Goat posted:

I think I might just be tired of gritty, para military, noir Batman. I'm not saying that's the wrong way to do Batman. I just was like "oh, more explosions and grumbling noises."

I feel like they've just beat that horse to death for almost two decades. After watching the trailer i just wanted Bruce to get therapy.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
The first trailer gave me major "Se7en" vibes, and this new one did nothing to dissuade that other than having some fights.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

JT Smiley posted:

I feel like they've just beat that horse to death for almost two decades. After watching the trailer i just wanted Bruce to get therapy.

Yeah, even a bit further back if you got Burton. But he was also way over the top. But Nolan, Snyder, and now this all feel like slight variations of the same song. And maybe its teh right song but I don't get excited for it or especially interested anymore.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Batman just walking through automatic fire is dumb but that was a visually impressive shot.

I dunno what they're going for with the story, but it looks good and all the actors seem to fit their parts.

I am getting kind of burned out on grim and gritty Batman though.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

The Batman trailer looks good.

I am getting tired of this kind of take on Batman though and I would loving kill to get an honest-to-god Batfamily movie.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I think the movie will be good but the trailer is a big nothing for me. It's generic Nolanesque Batman doing Nolanesque Batman things...interrogation, car chases, beating up poor people, getting nagged by Alfred about his life issues. Is that really all they have to show us?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

JordanKai posted:

Apparently this is fake and I wish I never found that out.

Me being wrong happens a lot but I'm genuinely glad in this case.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

BrianWilly posted:

I think the movie will be good but the trailer is a big nothing for me. It's generic Nolanesque Batman doing Nolanesque Batman things...interrogation, car chases, beating up poor people, getting nagged by Alfred about his life issues. Is that really all they have to show us?
That's all movie batman is now

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Vandar posted:

I would loving kill to get an honest-to-god Batfamily movie.

My dude/dudette/duder have you seen the best Batman movie, Lego Batman?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

What the hell, why am I excited about a bunch of DC movies? What universe is this?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

IUG posted:

My dude/dudette/duder have you seen the best Batman movie, Lego Batman?
It’s not a movie, but the upcoming Gotham Knights game has Nightwing, Robin, Red Hood, and Batgirl as the playable characters

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I genuinely didn't realize how much Batman movie fatigue I had until I watched the trailer and the only emotion I could muster out of my body was "okay, sure?"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I set out to do a binge of all them Superman and Batman films back when the Snyder Cut was coming out and that was like March and I got to the Nolan Batmen and just... haven't seen them or Snyder or any of the rest yet. I was actually excited to revisit the Nolan films when I started since I haven't seen them in like 10 years but then... I just couldn't actually get excited for more Batman.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

"I have been trying to reach you"

"About your car's extended warranty" my brain filled in automatically.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

You cast Aldis Hodge and waste his rear end on Hawkman, who is horrible. Other than that I liked all the trailers.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

STAC Goat posted:

I set out to do a binge of all them Superman and Batman films back when the Snyder Cut was coming out and that was like March and I got to the Nolan Batmen and just... haven't seen them or Snyder or any of the rest yet. I was actually excited to revisit the Nolan films when I started since I haven't seen them in like 10 years but then... I just couldn't actually get excited for more Batman.

if it helps the nolan batman movies are completely unconnected from the snyder movies and there is no reason at all to watch them before watching the snyder cut

site fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Oct 17, 2021

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Just watch a pallet cleansing Batman film. The best Bat-movie. The only one brave enough to have 4 villains, a serious bomb threat, and even threats to world peace

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
watching Lego Batman is a good choice, i agree

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

site posted:

if it helps the nolan batman movies are completely unconnected from the snyder movies and there is no reason at all to watch them before watching the snyder cut

I just was cycling through the Batmen. I had as like West > Burton > Timm > Schumacher > Lego > Nolan > Those Modern West Films > Snyder. I just kind of couldn't work up the interest for the Nolan or Snyder when I got there because I decided I was just tired of it and it all felt very similar.

I'll probably give it a try again over the winter. I just can never seem to get in the mood.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

site posted:

watching Lego Batman is a good choice, i agree

You know what? I ain't even mad cause you are also right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Arist posted:

I'm glad we seem to be mostly past the "make fun of the weird name" era of these films. The audience is willing to accept weird poo poo, you don't have to wink at them and undermine the very idea of your story like that. I remember the original Ant-Man trailers had cracks about the name "Ant-Man," which were thankfully not in the movie itself.

Not sure this movie is the best example, though. Calling him the Riddler but then having his look be... classic Invisible Man it looks like, is not really embracing the character fully.