Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Knight posted:

Palahniuk comes across as resentful of Fight Club fans and the attention it still gets while no one wants to adapt his other works, so it's likely Fight Club 2 was made out of spite.

Which explains the ending of the 2 where he just says, "see, you people won't be happy with any ending I give you so my self - insert character will smugly explain why :smuggo:"

The third one isn't much better. The narrator and Tyler team up to figure out why there is a disease spreading around through a sex pyramid scheme. They never explain who is behind it, ever. There's also an alternate dimension involved where captives are either enslaved or live in nirvana. The difference is never really explained. Neither is why Hitler and Napoleon and other historical figures are also captives. The narrator also gets plastic surgery to look more like Tyler for reasons. The cancer lady from the first book is also an action star who participates in an orgy, also for reasons.

Eh, early Palahniuk is OK. Choke and Invisible Monsters still hold up. This is not early Paluhniuk.

Judakel posted:

also lenny kravitz's kid can't act. she's just hot

She's better in bit parts and few lines, like in Fury Road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

How many live action Batman films have been made in the last 30 + years lmfao

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://twitter.com/ViewerAnon/status/1448738468964806670

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
i imagine test audiences are just hogs eating their slop. they must clap often for drivel given what makes it out

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

indigi posted:

it’ll be release day VOD too lol

the trailer i saw said "only in theaters"

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Judakel posted:

i imagine test audiences are just hogs eating their slop. they must clap often for drivel given what makes it out

i would clap too if batman showed up in a movie unexpectedly and started beating up criminals

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Stairmaster posted:

the trailer i saw said "only in theaters"

yeah same indigi lied

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Is that the butler from the Gotham TV show?

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

Who the gently caress claps at a loving movie, what the gently caress

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 216 days!

babypolis posted:

yeah im loving sick of batman as a character, he loving sucks. but barely keeping it together psycho batman could be interesting i guess

so bvs batman

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Hodgepodge posted:

so bvs batman

bvs didnt really develop batman well

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

Lugubrious posted:

same kinda people that clap after a flight

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 216 days!

Judakel posted:

bvs didnt really develop batman well

what if i told u martha

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Hodgepodge posted:

what if i told u martha

thats another horrible thing about it, yes

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Lugubrious posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_gGdmGV8WI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN-4lawwC0Q

Assepoester has issued a correction as of 05:17 on Oct 17, 2021

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
I’m a little stinker 😝

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
when the date got pushed to October it was included in part of WB’s “everything in 2021 will be vod on release” but I guess the push to 2022 changed it up

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Lugubrious posted:

Sitting in the back of the dark theater, clapping at the end of the opening song from The Pest

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Good soup! posted:

Sitting in the back of the dark theater, clapping at the end of the opening song from The Pest

I saw the pest the day it opened. I made my brother take me to see it.

he was so mad.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lol that rules

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Good soup! posted:

The dame walked in and looked as if she lived in a society

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

indigi posted:

when the date got pushed to October it was included in part of WB’s “everything in 2021 will be vod on release” but I guess the push to 2022 changed it up

:magemage::filez:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lmao just remembered seeing the first Spiderman in theaters and everyone hootin and hollerin and clapping when Peter Parker won the wrestling match

My brother and I were laughing so hard, it was just out of nowhere, they started cheering like a loving homerun had been hit

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
whole lotta "film buffs" upset at people enjoying movies

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Peanut President posted:

film buffs are virgins

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

indigi posted:

yeah like 70% of crime investigation is talking to witnesses, victims, and non-criminal associates and you can’t really do that at midnight with a mask and cape

You could if you weren't a pussy

Stairmaster posted:

i would clap too if batman showed up in a movie unexpectedly and started beating up criminals

I'm reminded of a dream I had recently where I'm just accepting that Batman is a regular character in Steven Universe

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Peanut President posted:

is the baby gonna cwy

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Oh boy it’s that part of the thread where we all try to show how mature and artistically sophisticated, and totally old enough to stay up past 8 mom, we are by attempting to one up each other in performatively hating super heroes and communal fun.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

MLSM posted:

How many live action Batman films have been made in the last 30 + years lmfao
Billionaires need power fantasies too, but the world is not quite ready for Luthor.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
every time someone tries to bring up something that isn't cape poo poo it doesn't work. yall just want to talk about superheroes.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Billionaires need power fantasies too, but the world is not quite ready for Luthor.

Iron Man is like 80% there

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Iron Man is like 80% there
I'm sure they appreciated the hero worship, but hated the fact it implied they needed to make a big sacrifice to earn it.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

galagazombie posted:

Oh boy it’s that part of the thread where we all try to show how mature and artistically sophisticated, and totally old enough to stay up past 8 mom, we are by attempting to one up each other in performatively hating super heroes and communal fun.

i am a child and i think they're legit bad

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

galagazombie posted:

its not performative. i think you are a baby who likes baby movies as evidenced by this post

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

galagazombie posted:

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

alan moore is such a troll

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

every time someone tries to bring up something that isn't cape poo poo it doesn't work. yall just want to talk about superheroes.

i went to watch the director's cut of kingdom of heaven last night but then i just played some back 4 blood instead

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

I had same argument after watching birth of a nation, and told my friend about it.
When I told him about the scene where a euro kid scares too black kids by dressing up as a ghost, he parodied the batman line with: A ghost I will become.

That line makes me giggle.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/zachbdunn/status/1265508914931683328

TURN IT OFF!
Dec 26, 2012

Speaking of disgusting little freaks; when's the next Mission Impossible coming out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

i'd love to see the reaction in movie theaters to the "No!" scene in the first movie of the new planet of the apes series
i was acting like the gorilla in the cage and i was watching it at home so it must've been crazy in a theater