Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
You know what nevermind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
:cmon:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Spoeank posted:

You know what nevermind

Hell of a way to start a new page, but I'm just adding to the problem at this point.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Ha, those two posts make me worried that I said something abnormally dumb after a slight effort post.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Let's just do an entire page of self referential meta commentary.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

pmchem posted:

Hey remember when McConnell and Trump stole a Supreme Court seat and now abortion rights are gone but sure a dem vs GOP controlled senate is no different, both sides same to liberals, right guys

abortion rights are gone under a dem majority with biden though

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

pmchem posted:

Hey remember when McConnell and Trump stole a Supreme Court seat and now abortion rights are gone but sure a dem vs GOP controlled senate is no different, both sides same to liberals, right guys

I love thought-terminating exercises that shield dem pols from responsibility while they hold all the levers of power.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

I'm interested now.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Leperflesh posted:

Manchin is being exactly who he's always been. Sinema is a traitor to her constituents and voters and should be recalled, if there were any way to do that. But the only way to effectively govern in the US congress is to have a significant majority. The republicans learned that same lesson when the last significant act of John McCain before he died was to kill the attempt to end the affordable care act, which I'll remind you drat near happened.

It did happen. McCain took his cancer ridden carcass to DC to vote down the individual mandate before croaking. He just wanted to poo poo on Trump but in the end he fell in line before he died

Pattinson is the "this makes me uncomfortable" Batman from Shortpacked

e: lol Alfred is played by Andy Serkis

Intruder fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Oct 16, 2021

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
I love that the solution is always just to vote even harder for the empty suits who never deliver, can’t ever just admit that they’ve been conning us. It’s also just infuriating to be told to just wait another cycle as if people haven’t waited decades to get basic protections or as if we have decades to spare as the world burns.

for the delusional I’ll spoil the next two elections for you, they’re gonna lose both bc they’ve done gently caress all to run on and it’s just a question of how badly they get whipped

pmchem posted:

good thing the dems fought tooth and nail to stop the 3 straight conservative justices which is why they all got in with zero dem votes right?

but at least they didn’t roll over and let the republicans rob them of a seat under Obama

and they certainly didn’t allow a feeble cancer ridden justice to stay in the place with zero pressure on her to retire bc it’s more important to fetishize people than actually be a functional party capable of wielding power

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Oh cool another round of "Democrats and Republicans are exactly the same" this always ends well and changes many minds.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

we'll still have our scripted entertainment though

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1449522744203399168

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Some poor old bastard was counting out 10 and 5c pieces today to try and pay for 3 cans of tomato sauce, some tooth paste, 5 apples, a couple cans of tuna a big bag of pasta and was like 3 dollars short at the grocery store. I just paid his 14 dollar bill and sent him on his way with his sock full of change.

I think I might donate my booze money from this month to a foodbank or something cause I'm not drinking. Poor guy looked like he was about to cry.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Oh cool another round of "Democrats and Republicans are exactly the same" this always ends well and changes many minds.

fair enough, one hopes people are capable of getting fed up but seems unlikely at this point

In other news, randomly took a drive into VT today and goddamn I forgot how beautiful this state is especially with the leaves changing. It reminds me so much of Colorado too. Prettier in the fall of course but it’s got that breathtaking mountain vibe

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Relentlessboredomm posted:

fair enough, one hopes people are capable of getting fed up but seems unlikely at this point

In other news, randomly took a drive into VT today and goddamn I forgot how beautiful this state is especially with the leaves changing. It reminds me so much of Colorado too. Prettier in the fall of course but it’s got that breathtaking mountain vibe

Being fed up is one thing and totally understandable, but it turns into a pissing match of "Dems are failures and can't do anything right" vs "the only reason we have X is because Dems are in charge" and there's no in between. We can have good things while acknowledging being a "big tent party" loving sucks.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
All I want is for Sinema and Manchin to die separately in actual accidents with enough mystery around them that they drive right wingers to foam at the mouth for years

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Normal poo poo happening in my hometown

https://twitter.com/BAMAFollowers/status/1449492139084337163

Actually....not the first time these fanbases have exchanged gunfire. At that stadium, even

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://mobile.twitter.com/latimes/status/1449564891522617344

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Good on them getting that fund covered. 400 mil is a big deficit but for Hollywood and all that… that’s peanuts

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Guess hollywood studios do not have a notion that Carol in accounting can operate a boom mike unlike John Deere.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Speaking of Batman, I look like I went toe to toe with him after three days of dirt biking at an off-road/dunes complex in Indiana (gross). I’ll have to try to upload the clip of me eating poo poo in a large mud puddle within like 20 minutes of entering the gate, but it’s been pouring the whole weekend and multiple bikes and people have been fully submerged at some point this weekend.

Also riding around in pouring rain in muddy mucky woods has strong Jurassic Park vibes and it’s cool af.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Freaquency posted:

We’ve talked a bit about trucks in here in the past few weeks, and I wanted to link a post that A blog on Defector linked sometime this week that I just got around to reading: https://www.thedrive.com/news/26907/you-dont-need-a-full-size-pickup-truck-you-need-a-cowboy-costume

I think it’s pretty spot on. The SO and I do a lot of outdoorsy stuff and my little Jeep Renegade has been able to handle all of it. When we got the dog we added a rooftop carrier to make up for the fact that his spoiled rear end takes up the whole back seat, but otherwise it’s been the perfect size from day one. We took it out to canyon country in UT last week and it had zero issues handling the OHV roads out there, and then when we get back to the city I can parallel park in pretty much any space available. It just seems like we would *in theory* be the right demo for a big truck and even we don’t need one, so all of the people rolling around in duallies to the grocery and back are mystifying to me.

This is my parents' neighbor to a T. Ex-Marine, white collar manager/director since we've known him, sports car aficionado when I was growing up. Shiny new F-150 sitting in the driveway when I was home in July. Gonna have to sneak a peek at the bed next time I'm home because I'd be surprised if he ever uses it!

That Ben Shapiro cowboy picture the other day actually reminded me of him because he's gotten deep into ol' Benny's stuff over the last year or so. I'm sure it's unrelated to the truck :v:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

GD_American posted:

All I want is for Sinema and Manchin to die separately in actual accidents with enough mystery around them that they drive right wingers to foam at the mouth for years

Both of their states have republican governors so I presume it would put Mitch back in the majority leader seat

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Welp I reached a breaking point and cried for what seemed an hour today after my partner and I got home from helping my family sort through and pick out my grandma's stuff. It all sucks and I kinda want to hermit for the next few days with my cats and a buch of edibles.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
https://twitter.com/TurboJehtt/status/1449499315970314242

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Ehud posted:

What kind of coffee do you all buy to make at home and how do you prepare it?

I’ve been getting the medium roast from Trader Joe’s and it’s pretty good for such inexpensive coffee. I make it in my French press.

I get various local roasted stuff & depending whether it's a weekday or weekend, I set my burr grinder for either my drip coffee machine or for my French press. Speaking of which, I need to get another bag when I head to the farmers market today, along with some lettuce & tomatoes. The pork belly I turned into bacon last Sunday begs to be cooked and I'll eat BLT's for lunch all week.

Even though I want large tomatoes for sandwiches, I got these small green ones my studio mate brought in to work that I've let ripen on my kitchen counter. Made Shakshouka yesterday with them and it was the best version I've done yet.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Welp I reached a breaking point and cried for what seemed an hour today after my partner and I got home from helping my family sort through and pick out my grandma's stuff. It all sucks and I kinda want to hermit for the next few days with my cats and a buch of edibles.

It's hard to lose someone you care about and the most important thing is that you grieve and take care of yourself properly. Cuddles with cats is definitely a good way to do it as well.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

how the gently caress an antibiotic cause Tendon Rupture?

Anyway, if you get Traveler's Butt, go to the urgent care, so they can do a chest x-ray and you can pass out during that, get EMT'ed over to the ER get an IV in you, then get a prescription for levofloxacin and hopefully my tendons don't explode???

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

how the gently caress an antibiotic cause Tendon Rupture?

Anyway, if you get Traveler's Butt, go to the urgent care, so they can do a chest x-ray and you can pass out during that, get EMT'ed over to the ER get an IV in you, then get a prescription for levofloxacin and hopefully my tendons don't explode???

FQs can make tendons pop. It’s true.

Also wtf why did you pass out

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

FQs can make tendons pop. It’s true.

Also wtf why did you pass out

They were trying to give me a chest x-ray (came in complaining that I had slept the previous 30 hours, felt awful, and had butt stuff) and I guess I was super dehydrated, because I remember gripping the thingy then the next thing I know I'm on the ground and the nurse is screaming

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The nurse is screaming? That's a comforting thing to wake up to.

Feel better soon Football friend.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I'm so fat I can't sleep which leaves me tired as hell. I'm stuck in this infinite loop of poo poo. At least during the work week. Thankfully it's the weekend so I woke up and went on a bike ride and feel really good. I just wish I could do this during the work week but 10 hour days just murder me. But ANYWAY I feel great right now and I'm ready for some football!!!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

My sweet puppy Marge died suddenly this morning. God loving drat it. Almost made it to 9.

:negative:

She will be missed.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

LeeMajors posted:

My sweet puppy Marge died suddenly this morning. God loving drat it. Almost made it to 9.

She will be missed.

I'm so sorry :(

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

She will be missed.

Oh man what the gently caress

I’m so sorry dude

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That's just awful. I'm so sorry Lee.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Awh gently caress, sorry to hear that Lee

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm so sorry Lee :smith:

This is a sad page

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

LeeMajors posted:

She will be missed.

I'm so sorry :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

LeeMajors posted:

She will be missed.

NOOOO! I am so sorry