Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

feedmegin posted:

I'm not sure that's true err also who are you?

tory mp david amess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
The killer has now been named and is being held under the anti terrorism act, which I assume gives the police much much longer to hold him before needing to charge.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Chuka Umana posted:

What if I said I was a socially conservative but fiscally Marxist militant anti-Zionst who hopes the Tories burn in hell?

I'd say you sound like Iosif Dzugashvili (seriously, the way that radical Feminist Marxists like Alexandra Kollontai were treated by the Party loving blew, & also gently caress anyone who has ever described homosexuality as "bourgeois degeneracy")

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Didn't he actually try and claim that was terrorism-themed performance art?

that rings a bell, yeah

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

forkboy84 posted:

I'd say you sound like Iosif Dzugashvili (seriously, the way that radical Feminist Marxists like Alexandra Kollontai were treated by the Party loving blew, & also gently caress anyone who has ever described homosexuality as "bourgeois degeneracy")

fwiw most if not all stalinists (and Soviet Union lovers in general, really, esp older ones) i know are extremely socially-conservative. like, to the point it's kinda hard to discern them from *actual* ultraconservatives until they start going on about how Felix Dzerzhinsky was cool actually or whatever

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

feedmegin posted:

I'm not sure that's true err also who are you?

Ten years ago most of the ex-LF crew were still licking their wounds in offsites and IRC and famous leftist firebrands like nodrog were allowed to post unmolested (hah).

In fact I decided to do one of those tedious OTD things, and 10 years ago today this was the sort of posting going on in the "Most leftist thread in the forums(tm)":

nodrog posted:

However if you want to cut pensions, you need to replace them with something else if you want to keep attracting good candidates. The better pensions/lifestyle/etc associated with public sector jobs arent just a fringe benefit; theyre one of the main selling points, and help them to be competitive with private sector jobs despite the lower salaries (for some positions at least).

Just seconds away from calling for armed revolution to institute the JDPON!

thrashingteeth
Dec 22, 2019

depressive hedonia
always tired
taco tuesday

Chuka Umana posted:

What if I said I was a socially conservative but fiscally Marxist militant anti-Zionst who hopes the Tories burn in hell?

Utter dullard tbh

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Chuka Umana posted:

smile, nod, walk away

an anthem for all times

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Lungboy posted:

The snippets of news I've seen on the killing say the chap had been reported to Prevent but wasn't an active MI5 person of interest. God only knows of that's true or not.

Being reported to Prevent basically just means you're a black British Muslim, though.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Every single covid death and every single death due to austerity is just as tragic and horrible as David Amess's death.

Moreso, in fact, because those people didn't cause it.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I mean it's been said but on the same day that MP got stabbed his government was pushing to absolve its border guards of any responsibility for the deaths of refugees. Why should I care more about this guy who had the power to make things better and didn't when in all likelihood he was going to vote to let people drown?

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Gonzo McFee posted:

I mean it's been said but on the same day that MP got stabbed his government was pushing to absolve its border guards of any responsibility for the deaths of refugees. Why should I care more about this guy who had the power to make things better and didn't when in all likelihood he was going to vote to let people drown?

Technically, he was likely to vote for absolving Border Force staff of guilt if their boats rammed dinghies packed with refugees.
There's a difference between "letting people drown" and "making people drown", and Amess was merely spared from being on the wrong side of it.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

I love the idea of describing oneself as “socially conservative”. It’s basically sugarcoating the fact that you hate women and LGBT people.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean to them, that is a virtue.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

David Amess murder suspect lives on sought-after North London street which used to be home to actor Roger Lloyd Pack who played Trigger in Only Fools and Horses

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
property investors playing the long game

Eararaldor
Jul 30, 2007
Fanboys, ruining gaming since the 1980's

crispix posted:

or michael stone

:mcrappe:
Did not see the jeans at first and it looked like he was flying towards the camera.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/DPJHodges/status/1449630390449229826

gently caress off Dan.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Schadenfreude is linked with low self esteem.

Tesla ownership is linked with low self esteem

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Schadenfreude is linked with low self esteem.

It's also linked to a good sense of humour. Makes u think

Wow, can't believe the wrongest person in the world is wrong again.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

David Amess murder suspect lives on sought-after North London street which used to be home to actor Roger Lloyd Pack who played Trigger in Only Fools and Horses

We must show our respects by framing his murder in the only thing tories really care about - how it affects house prices

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

Tesla ownership is linked with low self esteem

The personality of Tesla is excitement & sophistication.

We use brands as self-expressive statements, particularly the cars we drive and the clothes we wear.

Tesla has an exciting, visionary, charismatic, courageous, spiritual personality.
Driving a Tesla provides a self-expressive benefit—others will observe and make judgements about you.

Oct 4, 2005

Lol, the twitter comments are having none of it

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

NotJustANumber99 posted:

We use brands as self-expressive statements, particularly the cars we drive and the clothes we wear.

Tesla has an exciting, visionary, charismatic, courageous, spiritual personality.
Driving a Tesla provides a self-expressive benefit—others will observe and make judgements about you.

:hmmyes:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I will admit that I am getting a certain amount Schadenfreude at the thought that the cunts who actively decided that it will be 6 months before my son gets his ESA element of universal credit (and is on £52 a week, £21 of which goes to the council for rent), are sat in their enormous taxpayer funded houses going “leopards eating my face?!”

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

You just gonna post through it, eh?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Gonzo McFee posted:

You just gonna post through it, eh?

You can forums post from the dashboard of your Tesla while the autopilot careens you directly into a concrete divider at 90mph. Probably

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

1965917 posted:

Lol, the twitter comments are having none of it

https://twitter.com/Adam5of/status/1449634535520542722

:allears:

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Ban Only Fools and Horses, get that sick filth off are screens.

And completely collapse UKTV GOLD's programming schedule, lol.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

loving lol. Lmao.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/MargotLJParker/status/1449632725573545986

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Is Strasbourg the new Brussels. Can't keep track of the city where the baddies are now

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

the sex ghost posted:

Is Strasbourg the new Brussels. Can't keep track of the city where the baddies are now

Strasbourg bullies the UK about human rights, barmy Brussels bullies the Brits about bendy bananas.

Luxembourg doesn't get mentioned a lot even though it's technically where most EU law is decided

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Good LinkedIn etiquette says that you don't update your job description until you know you have the job, just in case you end up looking like more of a twat than usual.
https://twitter.com/anataboga/status/1449374252935831553

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
That Raab feels confident enough to attack the Council of Europe now is loving terrifying.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

They firmly believe their actions will never have consequences (for them) its very "Don't worry men they couldn't hit an elephant from this dist..."

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Now we're out the EU what even are the consequences of pissing them off?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I parked behind a tesla today and let me tell you I had to think twice about whether I would be better off finding another space in case it burst into flames for no reason and took my car with it.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Country status: hosed.

quote:

Austerity was seen by many switchers as an unfortunate but necessary economic policy, while higher taxes on the those earning high salaries were viewed as punishing hard work and success.

quote:

The report, while praising Keir Starmer’s recent party conference speech, found that among those ex-Labour backers who had switched to Boris Johnson in 2019, the Conservatives were now seen to have “a record of delivery” on issues such as Brexit, the furlough scheme, vaccinations and running the economy since 2010.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/oct/17/labour-needs-big-ideas-to-win-voters-back-report-warns

The main thing I associate the Tories with delivering is 160,000+ deaths, but nobody asked me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Report by labour frontbench MP says labour leader very good, big speech.

Also mother's day card says mum best mum in world, big if true.