Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Let's not pollute the thread further, link me to a good summery of the ending please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Alaois posted:

the only good thing about attack on titan was its ending being so bad it made even its diehard fans and defenders give up on it

That explains a lot. Was that before Game of Thrones and the Star Wars sequels?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Velocity Raptor posted:

Geneticists, too!

See the Sonic Hedgehog gene, and it's inhibitor Robotnikinin.

Unfortunately, there was also the alcohol-sensitive mutant of Drosophila called Cheapdate.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
I've never heard the term "cheap date" to mean anything sinister myself - just that they only need a small number of drinks to have had enough. I assume it has some date rape-y meaning in your part of the world?

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Can you degenerate weebs stop talking about disgusting anime already.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Drone_Fragger posted:

degenerate weebs ... disgusting anime

X:X::Y:Y

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Gromit posted:

I've never heard the term "cheap date" to mean anything sinister myself - just that they only need a small number of drinks to have had enough. I assume it has some date rape-y meaning in your part of the world?

that's exactly what it means, though idk if you're in the right thread

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

why is it called attack on titan when it's an attack by titans

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

why is it called attack on titan when it's an attack by titans
I only watched up until that one point regarding the main character but the whole show is about attacking the titans

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

By popular demand posted:

Let's not pollute the thread further, link me to a good summery of the ending please.

iirc it's "the human-eating giants are Jews, actually", according to the original writer.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

FFT posted:

iirc it's "the human-eating giants are Jews, actually", according to the original writer.

I don't know if he has ever gone outside but I think I would probably notice if being jewish meant you were a hundred feet tall.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

that sounds like Slaan has been reading the Protocols Of The Elders Of Zion
:confuoot:

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Drone_Fragger posted:

Can you degenerate weebs stop talking about disgusting anime already.

Look, some of us don't have anything to bring to the table for the monthly firearm/Star Trek/LotR/tipping waitstaff derail. This is all we have.

Anyway, Attack on Titan was airing while I was teaching English in Japan and all the girls at my junior high were obsessed with this one super creepy character.

The first episode is pretty amazing, but the rest of the series is an absolute hot mess. Goddamn does the opening theme slap, though.

Modal Auxiliary has a new favorite as of 13:19 on Oct 17, 2021

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Me watching the multi-page anime derail I started

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

It's a w̴̦͇̱̙͓͖̼̩̪̼̞̏̽͝ͅe̵̛͕̳̰̹̅͆̆͆̾̾͒̚̕͝ļ̵̢̡̡̡͎͉̠̖̝̪̟̬͈̅̎̀̿̌̏͐̆̇̕͘c̸̢̩̙͇͇̃͜ͅo̵͚͉̟̻̭̞̘̯̺̖͋͌̒̈̿̂͑̈́̑̌m̸̡̝͉̭͙̤̳̤̲̩͓̖̹͖͑̇ȅ̷̘̯̪͛̿̅̊͂̎̈́̏̇̔̕̚͘͠ ̴̡̧̡̢̛̬̳̙͚̞̜̼̒̂̀͛̑͝m̴̧̡͙͚͇̟̞̌̿̊a̴̢̟͕̝̗͉̲̮̍̍̉͝t̴͕̳̍̈̂̾̃̂̒̅̾̑͝

https://twitter.com/kayseeshuster/status/1449211222600081417

-Zydeco- has a new favorite as of 14:22 on Oct 17, 2021

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

flavor.flv posted:

Me watching the multi-page anime derail I started

You should buy a boat.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Trabant posted:

You should buy a boat.

:xd:

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Attack on my titanus.

e: 717455

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 16:20 on Oct 17, 2021

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

I mean, in this one small instance he's right. All property is a money pit unless you are using it to suck money out of tenants.

E. Not to say that it's somehow worse than an NFT lol

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Next they’ll say not to clack the salad tongs together.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Platystemon posted:

Next they’ll say not to clack the salad tongs together.

They can kiss my rear end

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
I prefer my novelty anime swords without all the loving judgement.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I'll be dead in the cold ground before you tell me I can't clack the BBQ tongs or aoogah the bike horn

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
You're poo poo out of luck there I'm afraid my friend. Your only recourse is probably to learn blacksmithing, and ply your shameful trade in nighted sheds and hovels in the unlovely forgotten outskirts of your unfortunate place of habitation. Or hyposensitization thereapy, where you don successively more deplorable aheago t-shirts until shame and judgement no longer affect you.

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 17:45 on Oct 17, 2021

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

FFT posted:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Honestly can't tell if that's a put-on, a weird misinterpretation, or legit.

So I'll just go with "anime bad".

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Who, me? I was talking to that other guy.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Attack on Titan was good back in season one when the intro was still such a banger and when I still thought it might be like a critique of the far-right mindset in Japan. But then it turned out the author was far right adjacent himself and actually no it's a glorification of militarised ethnonationlism.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Woof.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Actually it's insanely important they can do that :eng101:. The Survey Corps fling themselves about at high speeds on grappling hooks, and if your blade hooks on something it's far safer for it to just snap off instead of pivot you into a wall or something at high speed. The big metal boxes hanging off their thighs carry a set of replacement blades, because they're absolutely gonna snap off in use and they just slap new ones onto the handle.

I see you have studied the blade

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Hey, can anyone recommend 5-10 amines for me to watch? Which one is the best out of those?

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Cocaine Bear posted:

Hey, can anyone recommend 5-10 amines for me to watch? Which one is the best out of those?

I watch approximately one anime per year, give or take. When I had covid I laid in bed watching Cells At Work and I greatly enjoyed this incredibly anime interpretation of the human immune system.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

Cocaine Bear posted:

Just stick to Miyazaki movies: the only good animes

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Cocaine Bear posted:

Dragonball
Dragonball z
Gundam Wing
Big O
Cowboy Beebop

this is all I could remember from toonami

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Zil posted:

Dragonball
Dragonball z
Gundam Wing
Big O
Cowboy Beebop

this is all I could remember from toonami

Akira
and
Ghost in the Shell
are the only good animes

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
The worst part about anime isn't the anime (I have no strong feelings either way) it's the fuckin' fan club that comes out of the woodwork

It's just a loving cartoon you weirdos, why are you so invested

edit: the only good anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Cocaine Bear posted:

Mad Bull 34
Wicked City
Golden Boy
Apocalypse Zero
MD Geist
Video Girl Ai
Sins of the Sisters
Eiken
Elfen Leid
Kite

These should all be considered classy, family-friendly, and not at all alienating, stupid, shameful, weird, or nasty.

ante posted:

The worst part about anime isn't the anime (I have no strong feelings either way) it's the fuckin' fan club that comes out of the woodwork

It's just a loving cartoon you weirdos, why are you so invested

Oh cool haven't gotten to use this golden oldie: