Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

People who like good wrestling, I suppose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/RobViper/status/1449559728053489664?t=N42xWLKyRKrGqLN02d6iQw&s=19

Thread of Real Angry

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

robviper cares more about lucha libre title belts than any lucha libre promotion ever has

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Me. I wanna see this. These two guys would put on a loving clinic. Let's go. Gimme this poo poo Coward Tony.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

I know nothing about AAA BTS stuff besides the fact that Konnan still smells his own farts, is anything in this thread valid or is it simply "X Promoter is a POS and I hate them and if we just get rid of them everything will be beter"?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Alaois posted:

robviper cares more about lucha libre title belts than any lucha libre promotion ever has

tbf that is his point

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

last paragraph is stupid but the rest is just someone not liking something for perfectly valid subjective reasons

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

tbf that is his point

i know i wasn't saying that as a criticism i was saying it as an aspect of his personality

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/HashtagLowBlows/status/1449188556879056898

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Replace that gif with one from Bryce reffing invisible man vs invisible stan

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

He's almost entirely right. He'd loving know, he watches it. If you can't get mad about "title changes happening so the booker can get a job elsewhere" then what in wrestling can you get mad about? If you're answer is "nothing, getting mad about wrestling is dumb" then I mean, sure, if we're rational beings I guess. He likes the style of wrestling and wants it to be good. Whom among us can't relate to that (New Japan fans, raise your hands)?

People got madder than this about WWE for years & still watched it (some people on this board still do despite getting mad several times every week).

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

finally. i was waiting for it, and i'm in total agreement. your rear end has been forked

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

forkboy84 posted:

He's almost entirely right. He'd loving know, he watches it. If you can't get mad about "title changes happening so the booker can get a job elsewhere" then what in wrestling can you get mad about? If you're answer is "nothing, getting mad about wrestling is dumb" then I mean, sure, if we're rational beings I guess. He likes the style of wrestling and wants it to be good. Whom among us can't relate to that (New Japan fans, raise your hands)?

People got madder than this about WWE for years & still watched it (some people on this board still do despite getting mad several times every week).

Yeah, doesn't seem like a bad take, just angry.

Hasn't AAA been on the downward slide since Peña died?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, doesn't seem like a bad take, just angry.

Hasn't AAA been on the downward slide since Peña died?

AAA was on a fairly hot streak in the year and a half before the pandemic. It's hard to really judge where they are now, and this is kind of a funny thing to get mad at given the nature of AAA but I get being upset. Like, AAA rarely treats their titles with any respect, but AAA coming up with this way to change the titles is pretty funny and weird in a vacuum. If you described it to someone they might think AEW was doing it to bury AAA not that AAA wanted it!

The match ruled though.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

One of my favorite thing about wrestling Twitter is when dudes start their tweets with stuff like “As I’ve spoken about before” like folks have been cataloging their previous grievances in case they need to refer back to them later.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/WrestlePurists/status/1449712584848969731?s=20

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
https://twitter.com/hangman_stark/status/1449738148443918349

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

:allears:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Spermgod posted:

last paragraph is stupid but the rest is just someone not liking something for perfectly valid subjective reasons

quote:

It's an match that is anywhere from ~30% to 75% strike battles. If Cena & x did the "yay/boo" thing as nauseam, the sub would crap all over it.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

"I'd love a cup of coffee."

"Here you go, just how you like it, with cream, sugar, and piss"

"You pissed in this? No way am I drinking it"

"I thought you wanted coffee! You're so fickle!"

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

he's kind of right, but only in the sense that a faction pin eater is not quite the same as a jobber

which isn't the argument he's making

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Yeah, the whole thread honestly comes off as less stupid since I don't think his main point is even that AAA doesn't care about the titles but that AAA doesn't care if the booker is using the titles as a way to personally get a job with AEW. No idea for true it is but he's probably right if it does end in Konnan becoming the equalizer for the Lucha Bros against the FTR interference.

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Oct 17, 2021

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I think it’s a bad take because in AEW Konnan is associated with Santana & Ortiz and Lucha Bros already have both Alex Abrahantes and PAC to balance out Numbers Game.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

If you’re watching AAA for title changes you’re doing it wrong.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I think it’s a bad take because in AEW Konnan is associated with Santana & Ortiz and Lucha Bros already have both Alex Abrahantes and PAC to balance out Numbers Game.

yeah but the Lucha Brothers are going to beat FTR in Mexico, where those two won't be.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

The whole point of cake is to eat it, that's what it's for. Dumb analogy aside, do you think WWE wrestlers actually believe the poo poo they say in these interviews or are they just trying to brown nose?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

JT Smiley posted:

The whole point of cake is to eat it, that's what it's for. Dumb analogy aside, do you think WWE wrestlers actually believe the poo poo they say in these interviews or are they just trying to brown nose?

I think if they're WWE born and bred, I think they do.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if its a text only interview, chances are high its Vince yelling at an intern to type his words

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

JT Smiley posted:

The whole point of cake is to eat it, that's what it's for.

The original way round was "eat your cake and still have it"

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
So I know almost nothing about AAA but has anything like this ever happened before? People keep saying that AAA titles don't matter but then has there ever been a situation in the past where 2 white Americans have held the AAA tag titles?

Also could someone who knows lucha explain why titles don't seem to matter in AAA? Why even have titles at all if they're not going to mean anything?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Elephant Ambush posted:

So I know almost nothing about AAA but has anything like this ever happened before? People keep saying that AAA titles don't matter but then has there ever been a situation in the past where 2 white Americans have held the AAA tag titles?

Also could someone who knows lucha explain why titles don't seem to matter in AAA? Why even have titles at all if they're not going to mean anything?

The Lucha Bros won the titles from The Young Bucks.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

The Hybrid 2 also held the AAA belts, although Angelico is South African and Jack Evans is from another planet.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Davros1 posted:

The Hybrid 2 also held the AAA belts, although Angelico is South African and Jack Evans is from another planet.

wrong, they're actually both from Heaven

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

AAA belts at least get defended and change hands, CMLL titles can often exist in a state of non-existiance

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Pylons posted:

The Lucha Bros won the titles from The Young Bucks.

Well then

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

titles don't matter as a defense mechanism for so many wrestlers just taking off somewhere with no notice

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Elephant Ambush posted:

Belts are treated entirely as a prop in Lucha; means to an end to get to the thing that REALLY matters: Apuestas!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

SatoshiMiwa posted:

AAA belts at least get defended and change hands, CMLL titles can often exist in a state of non-existiance

Electrico has held the Mexican National Middleweight title since 2013. He has defended it seven times.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Kenny Omega has held the AAA Mega Championship for two years as of Tuesday and Deonna Purrazzo just won the women’s championship. AAA has no problem putting their titles on non-Mexican Nroth Americans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Alaois posted:

wrong, they're actually both from Heaven

lol