Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

ill take your largest swastika earrings. No, that's too big.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

#3 is like the goatse of coke designs, I’ll take it. Also 2 and 20 please

I used to love those 70s-80s t-shirt shops with designs all over the walls and racks of them to flip through. Some of the sex and drug references were confusing as a kid but you gotta learn somewhere

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

There was a thing old humor magazines (MAD, Cracked, Sick, etc) did for decades where they put speech bubbles on old film stills, and I don't know who thought they were funny or interesting, but I always thought they suuuuuuuucked.

Hilarious!!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Pastry of the Year posted:

There was a thing old humor magazines (MAD, Cracked, Sick, etc) did for decades where they put speech bubbles on old film stills, and I don't know who thought they were funny or interesting, but I always thought they suuuuuuuucked.

Hilarious!!

Those are usually called 'fumetti'- which is Italian for little puffs of smoke, or talk balloons. In Italy it's the slang term for all comics but it became known as the term fro photo-comics in the west. Usually you'd take photos and draw on them and add the word balloons.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

nsfw

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I just can't get over the obscene-slogan t-shirts done in Cooper Black. They have immense accidental shitpost energy

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

I like the singular non-biker related nihilist cartoon that shows up once an issue.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm enjoying the ads written in vernacular.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

NOT ONLY DO I THINK HELMUTS ARE HORRIBLE I MUST TELL EVERYONE HELMUTS ARE BAD AND ANTI FREEDOM JOIN ME SHOUT IT WITH YOUR OL LADY
"HELMUTS KILL FREEDOM!"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
It's got real Sexual Assault: The Magazine vibes.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).
Fantastic!!

Easyriders is so loving ridiculous. I love it, even though much of it is horribly offensive.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Tonally it's really weird to watch it go from this occasional wistful outsider-art poetry and illustration to six pages of cock fighting.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

:same:

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

If I recall bikers are a superstitious lot and they should have somewhere in that catalog "demon bells" that you have on your bike to attract demons and capture them in the bell that you uh keep.
We need an easy rider Pokemon

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
PISS
ON
DISCO

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

nsfw

and always remember

no putt no butt

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

The innocent joy of having your tits out in Easyriders and knowing that nobody would ever see the photos unless they read Easyriders.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Easy Rider and its eternal war against the ending “g”

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

nsfw

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Lol that pic reminded me I have this (sorry for crappy quality of photo):

Someone left this treasure, framed and everything, in the basement of a house I lived in during grad school. I've been toting it around for years, apparently for just this moment.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Sir Nose posted:

Someone left this treasure, framed and everything, in the basement of a house I lived in during grad school. I've been toting it around for years, apparently for just this moment.

Haha, heck ya. I'm always amused when I'm somewhere and stuff like that is displayed. I'm sure Easyriders framed posters are hanging up in a lot of pole barns throughout the midwest.

nsfw

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Sir Nose posted:

That is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Yeah what is the KKK up to? Those rascals always have something silly going on, right?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Scratch Monkey posted:

Yeah what is the KKK up to? Those rascals always have something silly going on, right?

What the hell are you talking about? We're trying to talk about sweet 70s motorcycle action here.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

No matter what you think of them, you gotta admit that biker gangs are an interesting subculture. Biker culture is trashy as hell. Shame about the racism, but it's there.

I'm fascinated by this sorta poo poo.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

From a page or two back, but I found a picture of the Chiquita banana walkie-talkies. The ones my brother and I had are long gone, but they looked like this:

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

ChesterJT posted:

What the hell are you talking about? We're trying to talk about sweet 70s motorcycle action here.

True. I’ve yet to see evidence of any overlap of those two populations

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Scratch Monkey posted:

True. I’ve yet to see evidence of any overlap of those two populations

Please go clutch your pearls and threadshit elsewhere. If you see awesome pictures like this and your first instinct is to post KKK poo poo then you have a problem. I do appreciate you wasting your time and ours trying to be Debby Downer, it's very millennial of you.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Oct 18, 2021

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

ChesterJT posted:

Please go clutch your pearls and threadshit elsewhere. If you see awesome pictures like this and your first instinct is to post KKK poo poo then you have a problem. I do appreciate you wasting your time and ours trying to be Debby Downer, it's very millennial of you.

My dude....

Also, I'm not a millennial

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

It's like a reverse playboy where you claim you get them for the pictures and not the articles. I didn't realize you were quoting a line of text from one of the pictures, I'm just here to look at the pics, my bad!

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

CaptainSarcastic posted:

From a page or two back, but I found a picture of the Chiquita banana walkie-talkies. The ones my brother and I had are long gone, but they looked like this:

Bananaphone!!!

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

The racism throughout the MC culture in general is kind of a weird one. Talking to family who rode as near as I can figure out it tends to fluctuate club to club and has a strong regional/demographic influence. Please realize I'm not trying to make some statement on the broader (and in a lot of cases pronounced) racism of bikers and goddamn advertising nazi gear is real lovely, but you do run into odd contradictions from what you would expect here and there.

I can post the article if people want me to, but really it was pretty brief and was just Duke kind of blurting out an attempt at a sanitized summary of the KKK.

This stuff is kind of what challenges me on documenting the magazines because the last thing I want to do is be perceived as presenting it as valid messages, but I think it's interesting to see just what was then seen as normal run of the mill content.

I hope that explains it in a way people can understand. If we want to manage the thread in a way that doesn't include some content I'm totally fine with it, just let me know.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

A flying motorcycle?!

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Antivehicular posted:

A flying motorcycle?!

Somebody's never seen the album cover for Bat Out of Hell.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

How about a muscle trike, a cane that's a pipe, or a pool cue that's a cane-pipe, and a long essay on helmets just titled SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

Gutter Phoenix posted:

No matter what you think of them, you gotta admit that biker gangs are an interesting subculture. Biker culture is trashy as hell. Shame about the racism, but it's there.

I'm fascinated by this sorta poo poo.

I would recommend reading Hells Angels by Hunter S Thompson where he buys a motorbike and spends a year with them. It takes a while for them to trust him, but he gets a fascinating insight into the subculture.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

AKZ posted:

The racism throughout the MC culture in general is kind of a weird one. Talking to family who rode as near as I can figure out it tends to fluctuate club to club and has a strong regional/demographic influence. Please realize I'm not trying to make some statement on the broader (and in a lot of cases pronounced) racism of bikers and goddamn advertising nazi gear is real lovely, but you do run into odd contradictions from what you would expect here and there.

I can post the article if people want me to, but really it was pretty brief and was just Duke kind of blurting out an attempt at a sanitized summary of the KKK.

This stuff is kind of what challenges me on documenting the magazines because the last thing I want to do is be perceived as presenting it as valid messages, but I think it's interesting to see just what was then seen as normal run of the mill content.

I hope that explains it in a way people can understand. If we want to manage the thread in a way that doesn't include some content I'm totally fine with it, just let me know.

Yeah, this was my concern when I posted Easyriders, Outlaw Biker, Soldier of Fortune, et cetera earlier in the thread. I don't want people to think I'm glamorizing the racist, sexist poo poo. I just think it's interesting. Seriously, I am fascinated by outsider groups and why they believe what they believe. I also love lowbrow trashy poo poo, just like I love fine art and classical music.

Thanks for posting these. My wife just bought a new printer/ scanner, so as soon as I can get our desk in order and set up my computer, I'll be able to start posting cool poo poo again!

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Catzilla posted:

I would recommend reading Hells Angels by Hunter S Thompson where he buys a motorbike and spends a year with them. It takes a while for them to trust him, but he gets a fascinating insight into the subculture.

Yeah, that one's worth a read.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

This video is worth a watch, as I recall the audience is fairly sympathetic to the hells angel’s position that he should be able to beat his old lady

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccyu44rsaZo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Gutter Phoenix posted:

I'll be able to start posting cool poo poo again!

:neckbeard:

I wonder what the average age of full patched OMC members is these days. I'll see some Bandidos riding around Seattle sometimes and they'll all old as poo poo.