Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mulligan
Jul 4, 2008

I typed random avatar and this happened.

Slavvy posted:

Don't get me wrong, it has some real positives in it's favor - the wheels are excellent, the overall proportions make sense, it isn't a jumbled misshapen schizophrenic mess like the Yamaha version.

But it is very, very low effort, like one step above bold new graphics. The fork and brakes still being from the nineties are particularly disappointing, but the SV is the same.

I think also at this point, the Kawasaki 'big' parallel twin and the associated plumbing triangle frame have been around longer than the DRZ.

All you're saying makes sense, but I look at it and I just want it.

My riding style is mostly cruising and long sweeping curves type-roads so this thing is perfect for me. I don't think I'll be skilled enough to know if this bike's hardware would be a deal breaker for me (kinda like the SV) and if I do reach that ceiling, I'm sure the aftermarket will help a bit.

Sure it won't be as exciting as a 270 or a VTWIN but the styling is like someone went into my brain and looked inside.

Of course, my actual dream bike is a z400rs but that makes way too much businesses sense for green to even consider it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mulligan
Jul 4, 2008

Springfield Fatts posted:

It looks ok but if you were in the market for a bike of that size and style why not just get a RE Interceptor? I guess dealer network.

Yeah that's the other contender, but 47hp vs 67, even as a casual rider, you want that little bump in power.

They haven't announced NA pricing, but if it's a little under 8 grand, I can see myself picking one.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

I'll take a Kawi RS-series bike based around the KLX300 single. A Ninja 400 motor would be a second choice but that motor is a screamer, this bike should have more grunt.

mulligan
Jul 4, 2008

Gorson posted:

I'll take a Kawi RS-series bike based around the KLX300 single. A Ninja 400 motor would be a second choice but that motor is a screamer, this bike should have more grunt.

A KLX300 based RS Scrambler for a decent price? Again, makes way too much sense!

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug

mulligan posted:

Yeah that's the other contender, but 47hp vs 67, even as a casual rider, you want that little bump in power.

They haven't announced NA pricing, but if it's a little under 8 grand, I can see myself picking one.

Eh, torque is where I'd really care for a bike like this and it seems like it's like a 10ft-lb difference. But lmao just looked up pricing based on UK numbers and they want >$10k for this thing. I doubt it's 4 grand better than the RE. And I say that as a Kawasaki owner.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

mulligan posted:

A KLX300 based RS Scrambler for a decent price? Again, makes way too much sense!

Be still my beating heart. :stare: That would sell like hotcakes. You'd never be able to get your hands on one.

Anyway I think the z650RS looks pretty enough, and appreciate what they are doing there. That engine is a turn off, though.

mulligan
Jul 4, 2008

Coydog posted:

Be still my beating heart. :stare: That would sell like hotcakes. You'd never be able to get your hands on one.

Anyway I think the z650RS looks pretty enough, and appreciate what they are doing there. That engine is a turn off, though.

I think a decent pipe might make it exciting, hell, for me riding any bike is exciting.

Unless the 650 is so boring that is literally Akrapovic proof 😅...

mewse
May 2, 2006

Coydog posted:

That engine is a turn off, though.

The dual pipes and long rectangle rad look kinda dumb. Would be nicer if it was 500cc or less for insurance where I am. Z400RS when

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Indeed.

Z400RS when?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Springfield Fatts posted:

Eh, torque is where I'd really care for a bike like this and it seems like it's like a 10ft-lb difference. But lmao just looked up pricing based on UK numbers and they want >$10k for this thing. I doubt it's 4 grand better than the RE. And I say that as a Kawasaki owner.

Yeah this, if you want retro nonsense don't get a dressed up normal bike, get an actual retro nonsense bike. I would take the RE every time, just far more character and, dare I say it, authenticity. Nether bike will set the world on fire.

wzm
Dec 12, 2004
Kawasaki has the W800 for that, the Z650RS and the Z900RS if you want a modern ride, and the normal Zs for a modern ride and more modern looks. I'm surprised there's room for that many versions of similar bikes. Given everyone's stock shortages, I wonder why they are branching out into even more models.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/rmartincole/status/1173404242612277248

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Get ya scoot on
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJPCuJ7Eaxg

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
I am so sad Burgmans are so hard to get (and that it’s only going to get worse). They’re so big and dumb and perfect.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Fwiw I thought the silverwing 400 was equally fast as and better than the burg 650. The big t-max is still the best imo.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The burg 650 is gods own engine configuration, the v-twin

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

The burg 650 is gods own engine configuration, the v-twin

I'm afraid I have some bad news.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Wait. Is it not?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

NoneMoreNegative posted:

honestly yeah probably

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Pro av material

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I lust for the raw gay horsepower of a motorcycle... TO DEATH!

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Wait. Is it not?

Nah it's a weird looking flat ptwin. Only vtwin scooter I'm aware of is the PC800 and that's a normal bike in scooter guise. Weighs about the same as the Burg though iirc.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Gorson posted:

Nah it's a weird looking flat ptwin. Only vtwin scooter I'm aware of is the PC800 and that's a normal bike in scooter guise. Weighs about the same as the Burg though iirc.

Piaggio had that 800cc v-twin used in Gilera and Aprilia superscoots and the Mana. Never quite sure how that worked packaging-wise in a scooter layout, because it's a physically big engine and an awkward shape - I *think* they had the front cylinder running under the underbone and the back one pointing straight up at your taint.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Pro av material
No Shaggaring in CA plz

Ulf
Jul 15, 2001

FOUR COLORS
ONE LOVE
Nap Ghost
[ASK] me about my Bike Boner Skill

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qomPfZVRcU

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Geekboy posted:

I am so sad Burgmans are so hard to get (and that it’s only going to get worse). They’re so big and dumb and perfect.

Maybe it's just confirmation bias, but scrolling through Kijiji, it sure looks a lot like a bunch of people with big burgmans watched that fortnine video and figured now's the time to cash in. I think I saw 3 specific 650 executives, and another couple of base trim(?) 650s amongst all the 400s.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzReEcDjmlY

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/swQxkYg.mp4

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

OK that's rad.

Now show me the bit where he got off.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Hi guys just looking for a bike I can flat foot at a stop

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I knew he'd be good when he kicked it into gear right away but the wheelie really made it

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

That's rad. I see that he kicks it into first and gives it a little momentum so he can use the gyro effect to stay upright while he gets on. If he didn't he'd tip right over.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/K2Qc8Ac.mp4

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

*looks at dyno sheet*

Hmmmm, just one horsepower off the world record

I’ve got it!!!

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

When it said sidecar for a horse, somehow my mind pictured it the other way around.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

American Wallace and Grommit remake seems to be missing the point a bit.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/kyle_maclachlan/status/1453732398009491470

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

It looks like a young Henry Rollins