Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Ehud posted:

Traded down from 3 to 12, then traded back up to 6 to take Waddle, the obvious final missing piece for our Super Bowl run.

I remember you hating it on draft day too. You don't deserve this Ehud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Kirios posted:

You don't know that, maybe he cheated on his taxes so bad he almost got the death penalty

nah
Mar 16, 2009

There was a lot of serious galaxy brain reasoning behind that trade, lotsa of fans doing the same poo poo that Trump people would do with him. "Ah I see the brilliant master is 10 steps ahead of everyone else! He's being a moron on purpose!"

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

There's still a lot of season left and Flores still (I assume) has a lot of goodwill left from overperforming so dramatically his previous two season. If the Dolphins get to like at least 7 wins he'll get a mulligan.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

fsif posted:

There's still a lot of season left and Flores still (I assume) has a lot of goodwill left from overperforming so dramatically his previous two season. If the Dolphins get to like at least 7 wins he'll get a mulligan.

they just lost to the loving Jags. They're not getting to 7 wins

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It's amazing how many freebies the Dolphins got from the Texans and still seemingly haven't managed to do anything with it.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's amazing how many freebies the Dolphins got from the Texans and still seemingly haven't managed to do anything with it.

Tanking doesn’t work.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Miami :stare:

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Miami looks a lot like Houston last year. Going into the season with a young QB and high hopes after overperforming the previous year with a coach and GM that loves wheeling and dealing and no 1st rounder the next season, only to completely suck every amount of rear end possible. O'Brien was fired after 4 games though, so we're well overdue

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

nah posted:

Miami looks a lot like Houston last year. Going into the season with a young QB and high hopes after overperforming the previous year with a coach and GM that loves wheeling and dealing and no 1st rounder the next season, only to completely suck every amount of rear end possible. O'Brien was fired after 4 games though, so we're well overdue

Is tua sexually assaulting massage therapists as well

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

FizFashizzle posted:

Would make Miami aiming for Watson suddenly make a lot more sense.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Kirios posted:

Between this, Pantheon never coming out and being made a mod he's having a rough stretch.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Flores is on track to have a worse record after 3 seasons than Gase did after his 3 seasons coaching the Dolphins. That's uhh... not great.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
NFL Hot Seat Watch 2021: Needing to Understand the Why of how this Happened

nah
Mar 16, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

Yeah, but left-handedly

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

nah posted:

Yeah, but left-handedly

Only between hip injuries cause he can't chase them as well when he's hurt

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

fsif posted:

Gase in 3 years had 23 wins and a playoff appearance

Flores is almost at 3 years, no playoffs and 16 wins

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Chris James 2 posted:

Oh

Oh no

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

It’s a pretty bad sign when after two years of trading and cutting guys and stock piling draft picks a coach finally gets the team he wants and they are extremely worse than what he started with. That’s the Chip Kelly career path.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

SKULL.GIF posted:

Hell, by transitive properties the Texans are better than the Dolphins NOW.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

It’s a pretty bad sign when after two years of trading and cutting guys and stock piling draft picks a coach finally gets the team he wants and they are extremely worse than what he started with. That’s the Chip Kelly career path.

Same trajectory as the Patricia Lions.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
why is nagy incapable of actually designing a gameplan that works well with the future of the franchise

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Hizawk posted:

Same trajectory as the Patricia Lions.
It still blows my mind that the Lions went from going 9-7 three years straight with a mediocre roster under Caldwell (remarkable consistency for them!) to completely imploding under Patricia. At least the owners were smart enough to also fire the GM when they fired Patricia.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Kirios posted:

The trade happened way before draft day so… nope.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Right down to the coach being delusional and blaming his players versus his constant bad decisions

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

I think he should be fired. I've homerishly kind of always thought Flores was fraudulent and his success was more from ridiculous turnover/special teams luck and Fitzpatrick being actually good than anything else.

THAT SAID, the Gase win thing isn't a fair comparison. People talked about that roster in Flores year one like it might have been the worst ever assembled and it ended up with five wins. Last year, the expectation was MAYBE 7 or 8 wins and they got 10. This season has been a disaster so far, but it's been a fairly tough schedule and they played most of it with a backup quarterback.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Man I forgot they could have just stayed put at 3 and gotten the guy they supposedly wanted.

So originally Miami loses 2021 #3, gets SF(2-3) 2022 and 2023 1st, as well as a 2021 3rd. Then the Phili trade to lose their own #1 for 2022.

Looks like they still likely will have a 8-15 pick next year and 2 1sts the year after. Meh.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I don't like the miami dolphins

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Eifert Posting posted:

Man I forgot they could have just stayed put at 3 and gotten the guy they supposedly wanted.

So originally Miami loses 2021 #3, gets SF(2-3) 2022 and 2023 1st, as well as a 2021 3rd. Then the Phili trade to lose their own #1 for 2022.

Looks like they still likely will have a 8-15 pick next year and 2 1sts the year after. Meh.

Hats off to Philly for out dolphinsing the dolphins here, they could end up with three top fifteen picks and they only had to trade bad quarterback Carson Wentz and trade back six spots to get the guy they likely wanted the whole time. Long live Howie

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
The Draw Play has done it again:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

A big flaming stink posted:

why is nagy incapable of actually designing a gameplan that works well with the future of the franchise

Oh he can.
But then teams adjust.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

surf rock posted:

The Draw Play has done it again:

Missed an opportunity to put his thumb in the Dolphins blowhole imo.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Eifert Posting posted:

This was my first thought too!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Vic Fangio should be fired for those two challenges alone

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Judge, Flores and Fangio should all be "Spicy Hot"

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Belichick won't get fired of course, but in a vacuum this season has every dipshit thing that puts a coach in the hot seat lol

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Eifert Posting posted:

then where does the.... unidentified white liquid come out from?

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Vic Fangio should be fired for those two challenges alone

I mean it didn't really matter in the end. Not like not challenging those would've changed the game in any real way. But yeah they were stupid.

With the right quarterback I still think the Broncos could be pretty good. They need to romance A-Aron

fsif posted:

I think he should be fired. I've homerishly kind of always thought Flores was fraudulent and his success was more from ridiculous turnover/special teams luck and Fitzpatrick being actually good than anything else.

THAT SAID, the Gase win thing isn't a fair comparison. People talked about that roster in Flores year one like it might have been the worst ever assembled and it ended up with five wins. Last year, the expectation was MAYBE 7 or 8 wins and they got 10. This season has been a disaster so far, but it's been a fairly tough schedule and they played most of it with a backup quarterback.

It's honestly weird. The Dolphins were better last year in pretty much every way, and I can't really point to what changed. Is it really just Fitzpatrick not being there? I guess that wouldn't surprise me that much, but they were also way better on defense.

I'd like them to give Reid Sinnett a try. I saw him in the preseason and while it wasn't incredible I thought he was interesting. Jacoby ain't working anyways

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Play posted:

It's honestly weird. The Dolphins were better last year in pretty much every way, and I can't really point to what changed. Is it really just Fitzpatrick not being there? I guess that wouldn't surprise me that much, but they were also way better on defense.
They changed OC, too. Cut Van Noy and got rid of a few other guys on D. Invested some, but not as much as I would have, in OL and that seems to be bad. RBBC doesnt seem to be working that well.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Yesterday they also didn't have Xavien Howard and Byron Jones. Cursed set of circumstances to this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Play posted:

I'd like them to give Reid Sinnett a try. I saw him in the preseason and while it wasn't incredible I thought he was interesting. Jacoby ain't working anyways

Defense isn’t getting turnovers like crazy anymore, the linebackers changed around and are much worse, the front office gambled that the young OL would get better in year two and instead they’re the worst in the NFL, they didn’t add anyone dynamic at RB and it probably wouldn’t have mattered because dudes get hit 3 yards in the backfield anyways, the WR corps is a bunch of guys who have rarely (never?) finished a full season healthy, Flores fired Chan Gailey and promoted two guys with no experience to run the offense, the two great CBs that the defense revolves around are both hurt, Tua missed a month because the OL is so miserable.

And a bunch of other stuff.