Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

grellgraxer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWdHPMhy270

At least I think it is, I'm confused by the currency...

not available outside of the us lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORNEY VAPE BRO
Jun 14, 2009

ilmucche posted:

not available outside of the us lol

Consider yourself spared from having to watch an SNL sketch

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

HORNEY VAPE BRO posted:

They have SNL Korea, though, oddly enough.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

it was very bad. Not sure what the hell people are trying to pull here acting like it wasn't bad, but it was.

aceface
Dec 27, 2017

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
My wife binge watched it in like 2 days and I caught the last 15 minutes of the last episode.

Squid game is just red rover but when you send someone over they get stabbed in the throat. Also your mom dies.

Stupid show, would not recommend.

Uriah Heep
Apr 28, 2010

im having a bit of an existential crisis here guys
It was a fun watch, yeah it's not exactly deep but it was a good suspense/thriller

Imo worth the watch

Also that snl skit was just like "hey these are things that happened hahaha remember that?" Didn't even crack a smile

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme
Why was the acting so cartoonish? Huge expressions, huge physical movements, basically everyone saying what was on their minds with no sub text?

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Jalumibnkrayal posted:

Why was the acting so cartoonish? Huge expressions, huge physical movements, basically everyone saying what was on their minds with no sub text?

because it was dumb poo poo made for idiots

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
It should be a probatable offense to come into a thread with “blah blah popular thing fuckin sucks” without providing an example of what is a good version of whatever the ‘bad’ thing is.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

It should be a probatable offense to come into a thread with “blah blah popular thing fuckin sucks” without providing an example of what is a good version of whatever the ‘bad’ thing is.

lmfao goons are so loving stupid

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Nah what's wrong with you?!? Popular things suck

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

ben shapino posted:

because it was dumb poo poo made for idiots

Don't sign your posts.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

ben shapino posted:

Yet here you are :shrug:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ben shapino posted:

Exhibit A

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

^ pathetic

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Don't sign your posts

Uriah Heep
Apr 28, 2010

Goons getting heated over whether pop tv show good. I however, sit gracefully enlightened looking down on u serfs. Suck the poo poo straight out my rear end shitlords

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Uriah Heep posted:

Goons getting heated over whether pop tv show good. I however, sit gracefully enlightened looking down on u serfs. Suck the poo poo straight out my rear end shitlords

What’s a good TV show to watch?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Popular things are bad by definition

I am very smart :lofty:

Uriah Heep
Apr 28, 2010

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

In search of sasquatch

Khorne
May 1, 2002

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Vampire Diaries

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Uriah Heep posted:

In search of sasquatch

I already know where your mom lives lol

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Anything with subtitles

*tips fedora and flourishes cape*

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

mask man said that the main principle of the games is that everyone has an even chance and it's fair for everybody but i bet the guy who had to go first on the bridge game didn't feel that way lol tho i guess he did also have a chance to grab the number 16 bib hmmm makes you think

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.

Khorne posted:

Vampire Diaries

Vampire Diarrhea

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

razamataza posted:

mask man said that the main principle of the games is that everyone has an even chance and it's fair for everybody but i bet the guy who had to go first on the bridge game didn't feel that way lol tho i guess he did also have a chance to grab the number 16 bib hmmm makes you think

MaYBe SoCieTy IsnT FaIR?!!!1

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

everybody knows society isn't fair but the main principle of these games is that they are supposed to be fair but it sure don't feel that way!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

razamataza posted:

everybody knows society isn't fair but the main principle of these games is that they are supposed to be fair but it sure don't feel that way!

They're fair in the sense of random, arguably

But really the whole fairness thing is bullshit, they're just entertainment for the worst people

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Waltzing Along posted:

Well, as George Carlin said “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

Sounds like this George Carlin fellow doesn't know what a normal distribution is, and is one of the 15.8% of people stupider than average :colbert:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

eSports Chaebol posted:

Sounds like this George Carlin fellow doesn't know what a normal distribution is, and is one of the 15.8% of people stupider than average :colbert:

There's more than one meaning to the word "average" spoken by a lay person :smugbert:

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

squid game except the games are legal and televised and instead of the police subplot there are interesting stories about how real life is just a lovely rat race for most people

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

Saw the show, enjoyed it. Yes, the plot is about as subtle as a 90 minute cut of Avatar and I'm sure goons will find a way to sneer about it, but it was still a gripping ride.

We have had a lot of "battle royale last survivor standing to appease rich fucks in a dark room" franchises like this recently. So the question is, are they doing this to raise some sort of class awareness or are they doing this to condition people IRL into being okay with the idea of this stuff happening?

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

ben shapino posted:

imo its very childish of you to not enjoy the popular thing

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
i'm tired of all these squid games

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

The Walrus posted:

lol if you cant immediately process two lines of subtitles as a singular block of information into your brain while simultaneously watching the action on screen

why yes at 34 my greatest achievement is still teaching myself to read before I was three why do you ask

Do… is that really how you perceive subtitled movies?

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

The Walrus posted:

lol if you cant immediately process two lines of subtitles as a singular block of information into your brain while simultaneously watching the action on screen

why yes at 34 my greatest achievement is still teaching myself to read before I was three why do you ask

I am a very fast reader (but it isn’t great for non-fiction because I don’t process ideas fast, I just read fast) and it makes me annoyed by subtitles because I read them way faster than the lines are spoken so I kind of mini-spoil myself for emotional impact of delivery over and over)

helsabot
Apr 25, 2005
This is the worst vacation ever.
do you have to sit a couple inches from the screen so you can use your finger to point at each word as you read it

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
Pretty crazy when the main guy turned out to be a squid in disguise.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

HORNEY VAPE BRO posted:

SNL is good again though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itry
Aug 23, 2019

razamataza posted:

Just because a deranged cosplayer said a thing doesn't make it true (because it's obviously not true). At best he's telling himself stories to make himself feel better or reconcile his past life with his current life.