Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

AFC Championship is our peak. We ain't touching Buffalo. Unless someone else ices them.

Yall are getting iced by the titans in the wild card round

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Metapod posted:

Yall are getting iced by the titans in the wild card round

Well I'll take the chance to be the one to end the home losing streak in the series.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

chamois posted:

it's superbowl or bust for the ravens this season

Lol six weeks in

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/1449830969658253313

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

D-LINK posted:

Lol six weeks in

count the rings/seasons

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

more like .06burgh

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Excited to announce that I saw someone on the internet call Big Ben "Pig Ben"

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

gently caress the ring of honor, put him in the Hall. Josh Bynes is the absolute pinnacle of "a Guy".

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

sharknado slashfic posted:

That’s true

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

hope it wasnt from rivalpuns.com

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1449818824052772879

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
The Bengals linebackers are young and have played well, so moving on was the right call, but you really can't hear any of them talk for 5 minutes without them talking about Bynes mentoring them.

He's a dude.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Should be a good game next week. Pretty sure Bengals will take it.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Kawalimus posted:

It's a deal.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

then you should put some money down now because Vegas currently has Ravens -6.5

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

AndrewP posted:

then you should put some money down now because Vegas currently has Ravens -6.5

I'm scarred from the Carson Palmer years.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

I'm scarred from the Carson Palmer years.

Imagine how scarred bengals fans were those years

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Speaking personally the Ravens never got in my head like the Steelers did. Past tense.

(They suck now)

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Despera posted:

Imagine how scarred bengals fans were those years

Well that's the thing. After Palmer's 2005 playoff injury he was never really the same again. Except against the Ravens!

I think people are looking too much into the Ravens dominant win. It was an exhibition-feeling game against a team whose biggest weakness let us play our main gameplan that we haven't been able to do against a lot of teams this year. Cincinnati seems much better. I see a high scoring loss.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Eifert Posting posted:

Speaking personally the Ravens never got in my head like the Steelers did. Past tense.

(They suck now)

I sometimes miss the Rock/Paper/Scissors AFC North. Ravens beat Steelers beat Bengals beat Ravens. Then everybody beats the Browns. Good times.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The way the Bengals defense has been playing I would call any game winnable, but the offense is going to need to play much better than it has if they want to beat the Ravens.

The last half of the Bengals schedule is absolutely brutal, If they want to have any sort of control over potentially making a playoff run it's not a must win but it's close.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Eifert Posting posted:

(They suck now)

You didnt any traumatic playoff losses from us

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i had to look up when palmer played for the bengals and it was 11 years ago lmao

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's not really a Palmer thing. The Marvin Lewis Bengals just had a mental hang up versus the Steelers that they never had versus the Ravens. Generally speaking if they put themself into a position to win a Ravens game they would, whereas if they put themselves in a position to win a Steelers game somebody would make a catastrophic mistake or something stupid would happen and they'd still end up losing.

The Bengals D line has been really good this year but I do miss Geno.
Vvvv

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Oct 18, 2021

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Geno Atkins was the Ravens' personal nemesis for like a decade

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Weird way to spell AJ Green. Green single handedly won games against the Ravens at least 3 times. Including his hail mary.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Don't forget Jonathan Joseph. Bengals seemed to have lots of guys that played their best games against us.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

lmao

wrong thread

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

If the Ravens beat the Bengals I'm going to post "the Bungles"

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm glad the Bengals will win.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
But that's it. The Dalton Bengals were extremely talented when it came to defenders and skill positions, and the offensive line was good until 2015. The talent played talented against the Ravens. Playing against the Ravens just felt like another game, If anything you felt more confident they were going to show up playing Baltimore.

Next week is going to be a big game for Joe. His worst game as a pro was last year versus the Ravens, I'm sure he'd love to play well next week and put that game behind him.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think joe burrow will throw both of his types of interception next week. first up you got the tipped pass interception, because he threw it hard and to the left or right of his receiver who reaches their hands out and just smacks the ball into the air and it falls in a defender's hands. secondly you got the interception where there isn't anyone around the ball except a linebacker running across the field. normally this linebacker seems to not be where he should be, but in reality, he is. and it's going to be tough

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Cavauro posted:

i think joe burrow will throw both of his types of interception next week. first up you got the tipped pass interception, because he threw it hard and to the left or right of his receiver who reaches their hands out and just smacks the ball into the air and it falls in a defender's hands. secondly you got the interception where there isn't anyone around the ball except a linebacker running across the field. normally this linebacker seems to not be where he should be, but in reality, he is. and it's going to be tough

The Patrick Queen special.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
the Cincinnati Bengals are undefeated on the season and Super Bowl favorites

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Despera posted:

You didnt any traumatic playoff losses from us

you can always bring up 2017 game I guess but as ridiculous as that loss was, I was not expecting poo poo from them in the post season. It doesn't hit the same way something like the Cundiff field goal

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

PIG!!!!

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

We really don't have many soul-crushing type victories against the Bengals honestly. Maybe none at all. Maybe there was one in the 90s.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
2012 season opener was Anquan Boldin stomping a poo poo hole in Cincinnati.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

2012 season opener was Anquan Boldin stomping a poo poo hole in Cincinnati.

Oh yeah well that was just a blowout. I've been to multiple games where we shut them out. I mean games where they had the game won and we came up with some ridiculous play at the end. Maybe that game where they completed the hail mary to tie the game but then we still won? That doesn't completely count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Puppy Bowl posted:

a poo poo hole in Cincinnati.

How can you tell the difference