Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Not zombie but The Villianess had some superb action scenes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Judakel posted:

alive? yeah. it was ok op

this is correct op

Train to Busan? I recommend kabaneri of the iron fortress which is anime but is good horror.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Mr Hootington posted:

Train to Busan? I recommend kabaneri of the iron fortress which is anime but is good horror.

i dont watch anime op. that's for pedophiles

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Judakel posted:

can anyone recommend more pandemic or zombie action/horror from korea, thanks

Just watch the good action instead like the man from nowhere or villainess (messy plot) or the witch part 1 or the good the bad the weird

One cut of the dead is great zombie stuff but is Japanese

Oh, Yakuza apocalypse counts as zombie action but is also Japanese

mastershakeman has issued a correction as of 22:57 on Oct 17, 2021

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

the night of the undead isnt exactly a zombie movie despite what the title implies but is still very funny and filled with ridiculous bullshit

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Koirhor posted:

Not zombie but The Villianess had some superb action scenes

you might like my name which ive already mentioned earlier in the thread similar premise except with gangsters and not whatever weird spy crap was going on in villainness and the boat raid in the third episode was really reminiscent of the opener in villainness too

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

sweet home is also a more zombieish postapocalyptic action show with monsters thats on netflix but as i havent seen it i cant recommend it ditto with dark hole which is available on rakuten viki the more reliable place to look for crazy asian poo poo in general

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
watch THE HANDMAIDEN (2016) op

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

mastershakeman posted:

One cut of the dead is great zombie stuff but is Japanese

yes everyone should watch one cut of the dead, going in as blind as possible if you can.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
sad to see dune leak so close to release, in hd no less

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
yeah real sad. I’ll be devastated watching it during lunch at work tomorrow

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

indigi posted:

yeah real sad. I’ll be devastated watching it during lunch at work tomorrow

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

vyelkin posted:

I want a Rashomon-style Batman movie where the first third of the movie is a heroic narrative of Batman saving Gotham by defeating the Joker, the second third is a tragic tale of the Joker being driven to madness but eventually being stopped by Batman, and the third third is a farce where Commission Gordon has to investigate two delusional mentally ill people in costumes punching each other to death in a back alley, only at every turn the powers that be intervene to try and shut down his investigation because it turns out one of the mentally ill people is a billionaire whose family built the city

I think that Batman Gotham Knight Animated Anthology has a segment like this. A bunch if kids sit around and share their stories on what they think Batman is: a robot, a shadow, an actual man bat, etc.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
this movie is very mediocre i am sorry

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

Judakel posted:

sad to see dune leak so close to release, in hd no less

I'll still be seeing it at the cinemas, would've torrented it anyway as Australia has a December release date. gently caress that.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

vyelkin posted:

I want a Rashomon-style Batman movie where the first third of the movie is a heroic narrative of Batman saving Gotham by defeating the Joker, the second third is a tragic tale of the Joker being driven to madness but eventually being stopped by Batman, and the third third is a farce where Commission Gordon has to investigate two delusional mentally ill people in costumes punching each other to death in a back alley, only at every turn the powers that be intervene to try and shut down his investigation because it turns out one of the mentally ill people is a billionaire whose family built the city

Whatever Happened To The Caped Crusader has basically this, where Alfred's response to Bruce Wayne's actions is to pay actors to pretend to be supervillains for him to 'defeat'. (And has that infamous page with the Joker)

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

the best comic movie is punisher war zone, maybe blade idk

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

It's cool when punisher kills those people

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Laterite posted:

Hands down my all time favorite moviegoing experience was Beerfest. An entire theater full of drunk and stoned audience members having the time of their lives.

Grindhouse was a riot in theater for this reason lol

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

RandolphCarter posted:

Nah, best comic movie is American Splendor.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

RandolphCarter posted:

Ghost World is great, though the Buscemi character muddled things a bit (as great as Buscemi is)

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Oh, and the 1990 Ninja Turtles movie

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Box of Bunnies posted:

Ghost World is great, though the Buscemi character muddled things a bit (as great as Buscemi is)

jesus christ the ghost world movie was weird to see with girls when i was 16

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

RandolphCarter posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xop8yqgDMo4

vs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8fmSgtVN1M

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 213 days!

i say swears online posted:

jesus christ the ghost world movie was weird to see with girls when i was 16

never watched the film, but the comic really nailed the "creepy kid who wants to talk about Hilter and pedophilia" with that one character

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Hodgepodge posted:

never watched the film, but the comic really nailed the "creepy kid who wants to talk about Hilter and pedophilia" with that one character

we experienced totally different media lol

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 213 days!

we experienced totally different media lol

in the comic he's an obnoxious creep who likes rubbing unpleasant poo poo in people's faces and as i remember it this is his entire identity

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
I just don’t understand the idea behind Punisher as a solo film. Like if you want to see “guy wanders around gunning down gang members and then kills Mendoza” there’s maybe more movies of that than any other genre. The Punisher only means anything in relation to other superheroes. His narrative function is “What if Spider-Man had to deal with Dirty Harry or the guy from Death Wish making a mess of things”. But that doesn’t work without Spider-Man/whoever.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

his narrative function is whatever the writer who's currently writing him think it is
ennis played him as a crime comic and that's one of the punisher's most well known (and praised) runs

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Having binged the third season of "You" over the weekend, a question came to mind: the idea behind the show is that you get into Joe's head and internal monologue as a stalker; do we know that that's actually how stalkers think (insofar as it's ever possible to know how people think), or is that all fiction?

I mean, certainly there are people who engage in stalking behavior in real-life, but it's possible to only assume what goes on in their heads.

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth
Dune part 1 is awesome.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

wait what

i'm about to push play but lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

Having binged the third season of "You" over the weekend, a question came to mind: the idea behind the show is that you get into Joe's head and internal monologue as a stalker; do we know that that's actually how stalkers think (insofar as it's ever possible to know how people think), or is that all fiction?

I mean, certainly there are people who engage in stalking behavior in real-life, but it's possible to only assume what goes on in their heads.

while i assume everyone in hollywood is a pedophile who will never face consequences, i do believe it's possible to write outside one's experiences

edit: joke deleted lol

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Is there a reason why South Korean stuff has exploded recently in the U.S? Was it really just Parasite making people aware that South Koreans make shows too?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

galagazombie posted:

Is there a reason why South Korean stuff has exploded recently in the U.S? Was it really just Parasite making people aware that South Koreans make shows too?

it wasn't parasite because winning best picture just showed how dumb the voters were when asked for reasons why it deserved the win. we're just terminally stupid

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

galagazombie posted:

south korea is putting big money into entertainment stuff and so is experiencing a bit of a media boom

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

wait what

i'm about to push play but lol

It's about half of the first book by the sounds of it lol
Half the lynch version

All the fun stuff happens in book 4

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Communist Thoughts posted:

It's about half of the first book by the sounds of it lol
Half the lynch version

All the fun stuff happens in book 4

I'm guessing it stops when Alia consumes the water of life.

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

Forceholy posted:

I'm guessing it stops when Alia consumes the water of life.

Nah, Ends with the Paul/Jamis duel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 213 days!

thatfatkid posted:

Nah, Ends with the Paul/Jamis duel.

Haven't seen it but that makes some sense. That lets you introduce Feyd with his duel early in the second film, which helps continuity by bringing to mind the ending of the first, and also allows you to wrap up both films with a duel.