Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

I think it's good to keep some perspective. For me, this stuff is very similar to stories of various cryptids - real fun to talk about, but without some kind of verified proof, they're just stories. The thing that made this thread interested was the released Navy videos; without an equivalent for the Ranch stories, I'm not going to be changing my worldview to believe in ghosts/interdimensional horror aliens/whatever the hell is going on there.

It's possible that trying to approach these phenomena scientifically is doomed from the start but I'm going to need some solid evidence or my own lived experiences before I'm ready to make that call, and I have neither.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

I’m not sold on Skinwalker, though I do suspect that if it’s bullshit it is, again, very deliberate bullshit for a reason and not just crazies.

Looking at the broader UAP phenomenon however, I’m pretty well convinced that something weird is happening, even if it is all psychological somehow.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 207 days!

Wheeee posted:

:glomp:

to add a small bit of commentary on this, this book spent 14 months in review by government agencies before being approved to publish, the authors have had to be quite precise with how they dance around the details

now recall the seemingly throw-away line about Lue talking about remote viewing experience during combat, a much earlier stage of his career in the past, something Lue has never so much as hinted at while playing the ‘i was never a ufo guy before 2008’ card, and something asked of him at the end of a recent interview which he became cagey about and took off the table as a possible topic of conversation

now note the security officer mentally commanding an unseen presence to show itself, something he almost certainly was taught

they may not know exactly what’s happening there, but they have an idea

These kind of make me feel like something bad went down there, like a "roadside picnic" that leaves tortured souls and poo poo instead of just an area full of general nope. It also seems to imply that it doesn't really like information gained from observing it being shared.

Or at least that's where the narrative is leaning, if it's all kayfabe.

dimhue
Mar 5, 2017

Wheeee posted:

I’m not sold on Skinwalker, though I do suspect that if it’s bullshit it is, again, very deliberate bullshit for a reason and not just crazies.

To get nutso Robert Bigelow $$$

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Wheeee posted:

Looking at the broader UAP phenomenon however, I’m pretty well convinced that something weird is happening, even if it is all psychological somehow.

that's a much better way of saying it, yeah

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Hodgepodge posted:

These kind of make me feel like something bad went down there, like a "roadside picnic" that leaves tortured souls and poo poo instead of just an area full of general nope. It also seems to imply that it doesn't really like information gained from observing it being shared.

If our nukes gently caress with whatever they are maybe skinwalker is where they tested/intentionally "nuked" us back

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Barry Foster posted:

EDIT ^^^^^^^^^^^ don't be stupid, they don't got mussies, they're all fish down there. Unless you're talking reverse-mermaids, that's a different story, they've definitely got fitties

I am doing my level best to remain sceptical because I know I really want to believe all this stuff

That said, Wheeee if you've introduced any hitchhikers to my flat by reading that book and spreading the infection I'm not going to be happy. Fair warning

As much fun as it is to imagine what might be possible with all this, I'm very much on the Lue's public persona's, and the scientific approach's, side of "examine the facts, follow them where they take us". There is poo poo in the sky we don't understand. Lets better understand that openly.

Skinwalking astral stuff can't be measured so easily so vOv very fun material to speculate on, and I love a ripping scifi/horror story, but again, document that poo poo and see what we got.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Wheeee posted:

any bitchmade fear drinking shadow punk comes into my room and starts screaming at me imma turn into a motherfuckin rage beast on his rear end

trap sprung

Galactic masochist federation treat me MAD baybe

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
How many posters in this thread are experiencers? Witnesses?

I’ll raise my hand. Doesn’t convince others, but once you see something up close the question of “is it real” is answered.

edit: I’d go so far to say it has changed my life more than anything save for marriage/parenthood.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Fly Ricky posted:

I’ll raise my hand. Doesn’t convince others, but once you see something up close the question of “is it real” is answered.

edit: I’d go so far to say it has changed my life more than anything save for marriage/parenthood.

Lights in the sky: yes

Blacked tormented alien screamers and burning orb punchers? Nah

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

im the dude who saw a big cigar up close, so yes to seeing a craft but no space ghosts thankfully

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Fly Ricky posted:

i'm not convinced the paranormal stuff i've seen isn't just a result of years of psychedelic drug use gnawing away at my brain

like I never saw anything while tripping but it might have rewired my brain or something idk, i'm still capable of being a skeptic until I get more evidence than "I saw a thing and it was spooky"

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

I am the most boring person imaginable and have never seen anything UFO or supernatural.

Apparently my grandfather saw a UFO once in Ohio, but he never told me any details about it. I'm not sure I believe it, because it would require aliens to have an interest in Ohio.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Log082 posted:

I am the most boring person imaginable and have never seen anything UFO or supernatural.

Apparently my grandfather saw a UFO once in Ohio, but he never told me any details about it. I'm not sure I believe it, because it would require aliens to have an interest in Ohio.

wpafb is a big weapons research base and as part of the roswell lore the alien bodies and crafts were carted there

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i have remote viewed the one cia intern who has to monitor this thread and he's just playing this on a loop while lmaoing at our posts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNVo3VqjL0Q

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Hodgepodge posted:

One of the more interesting things about the actual Skinwalker Ranch property and the experiences there is how digging seems to somehow set off whatever is happening. The famous story of the post hole digger being found up a tree from the original book being probably the most famous.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Fly Ricky posted:

In addition to Spencer, I did see UFOs once as a kid on a cub scout camping trip. They were triangle shaped with a light at each point, maybe 5-6 of them, and they were "playing" is I guess how I would describe it? They were zipping around each other doing what appeared to be random maneuvers and turning at 90 degree angles with incredible speed between the starts and stops. There were 5 of us who saw them clearly for a few minutes.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/ChrisKMellon/status/1450146037113425932?t=L5FbTI01KAtAidNQSxeEkA&s=19

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Log082 posted:

arguably aliens would be very interested in ohio because it's one of the most boring places in existence that it must be some kind of strange anomaly

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

There are a bunch of nuclear plants in Ohio right? I guess that's the joke: your town is so boring the nuke plant is the most interesting thing, it's the simpsons but for real

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Pryor on Fire posted:

There are a bunch of nuclear plants in Ohio right? I guess that's the joke: your town is so boring the nuke plant is the most interesting thing, it's the simpsons but for real

it only has two - but the heavy usage of drones for both surveillance and weapons + most of the big top secret weaponry are developed at the air force base in southern ohio

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Azathoth posted:

One of the more interesting things about the actual Skinwalker Ranch property and the experiences there is how digging seems to somehow set off whatever is happening. The famous story of the post hole digger being found up a tree from the original book being probably the most famous.

Link this book please and thanks.

Whereas I have not met any screaming tormented aliens or orbs, I did once have an encounter with a local spirit that scolded me for littering. This is in an area where one of our First Nations does vision quests, and subsequently I read about a very similar encounter that prevented Crazy Horse from making an attack on Army troops so, whether it was "real" or not, its certainly given me a good story (and I picked up that missing plastic bag).

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

When she finds love may it always stay true.
This I beg for the second wish I made too.

Fallen Rib
Allrighty, here we go:

A Goon's Remote Viewing Primer; supported by Russell Targ: THE REALITY OF ESP. A Physicist’s Proof of Psychic Abilities. Esp. Chapter 11: "Learning Remote Viewing: Separating the Psychic Signal from the Mental Noise."

Usually Remote Viewing is a 2-person thing: The viewer will do the actual remote viewing while the monitor takes notes and moves the process forward by asking general or more specific questions (and brings the viewer back on track if they get distracted with details.

The2-person setup will not work for our forum, but we can still do some experiments by ourselves or with a group.

The group experiment (can be done online - in this thread!)

Picking and placing an Object

One person picks an intersting object and stores it at a specific place in their home (e.g. a small basket/bag/box in the living room). The object stays there for the duration of the experiment and will be revealed via photo when the deadline for the group has ended.

Notes for the object: Please pick an object that has an interesting, but not too complex shape. Ingo Swann describes the connected problem as "lack of fusion": too many similar or overlaying geometric elements within the same object confuse the viewer.

Viewing the Object

The rest of the group will be informed that the object has been placed in a specific place ("e.g. the object is in a bag in the living room of user XYZ"). They will not be told what the object is: it is their job, by using only their mind, the basic description ("the object in the bag in the living room of user XYZ"), and pen & paper, to gather mental impressions and make a sketch / or ekstches of the object. They will take a photo of the sketch and upload it until the deadline ends.

How to view the object:

1) note down/get rid of the first impressions you got when you started this session:
"If you come into the session with clearly formed initial impressions or images, it is very important that you write them down on the top of the paper and label them “initial images.” Otherwise, they will follow you all through your session. Then draw a line under them to separate them from the rest of the transcript, recognizing that they may, or may not, have anything to do with the day’s target."

2) Close your eyes, relax for a couple of minutes, and then focus your mind on the object (via the description).

3) Keep your mind open, note down all mental impressions - without trying to put a name on it. Targ with more info (long quote):

quote:

The first psychic bits are the most important shapes that you will see. You should make little sketches of these images as they come to view, even though they don’t make sense and are not really objects. Naming and analysis are the principle enemies of remote viewing. Your hand may make little movements in the air over the paper; notice them and describe what your subliminal mind is trying to tell you.

Good. Now, take a break and remember to breathe after each new picture comes into view. You should then look again at your internal mental slate. In this second look hopefully you will “see” or be given another image, or perhaps you will experience the same one again with additional information. As a viewer, you are particularly looking for surprising and novel images that do not belong to your normal rep­ ertoire of mental impressions.

For the third viewing, imagine that you are holding the target object in your hand in a few minutes and ask yourself the follwing questions: Does this object have a color or texture? Is it shiny? Does it have sharp edges? What could I do with it? Does it have movable parts? Does it have an odor? Is it heavy or light, wood or metal? Write down your answers, based on your feel­ ings and mental pictures. You should continue this process until no new bits come to you. Ingo Swann calls this third phase “sensing the aesthetic impact.” The whole process should not take more than ten to fifteen minutes. Remember, to be right, you have to be willing to be wrong. The good news is that through this process you can learn to give a surprisingly coherent description of a hidden object. The bad news is that you are exceedingly unlikely to ever know psychically exactly what the object is — because that kind of knowing requires analysis and naming. That can come later.

After you have described a number of different images, it is good to make a summary of all the things you have said. Try to distinguish between the images that you feel the most strongly about and those that more likely have originated from noise, memory, analysis, or imagination, or from things you saw earlier in the day. That is, you must go through your notes and try to separate out your most confi­ dent psychic bits from the analytical chatter. The remaining collection of bits will then be your final description of the target. Historically, ESP researchers have found that these confidence calls are often the best indication of correctness. [...] Don't forget: the rule in the remote-viewing game is that if it didn’t get down on the paper, it didn’t happen. So it is important to write down or draw everything, and eventually you will learn to separate the signal from the noise. You are now learning to separate the psychic signal and image from your memory, imagination, analysis, naming, guessing, and grasping."

Yes, too long to read.

Short version: remote viewing is easy to learn, hard to master - your analytical mind is the enemy.

I can hide an object at my place tomorrow so you dirty, dirty goons can remote view it for your leasure.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

Bilirubin posted:

Whereas I have not met any screaming tormented aliens or orbs, I did once have an encounter with a local spirit that scolded me for littering. This is in an area where one of our First Nations does vision quests, and subsequently I read about a very similar encounter that prevented Crazy Horse from making an attack on Army troops so, whether it was "real" or not, its certainly given me a good story (and I picked up that missing plastic bag).

wait the Native American spirits wanted the white settlers to win?

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

Fallen Rib
Obligatory peanut tweet re. the Skinwalker ranch: Tldr: Ancient (natural) rift /weak point in the fabric of space-time , currently unregulated and mostly used by the shittier denizens of the cosmos:

https://twitter.com/SandiaWisdom/status/1320690422646231040

by the way, they also say demons (as in multidemnesional rear end in a top hat anergy beings) are real. Space is less nice than I imagined :(

https://twitter.com/SandiaWisdom/status/1391093904565575682

SavageGentleman has issued a correction as of 19:50 on Oct 18, 2021

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Bilirubin posted:

"Hunt for the Skinwalker: Science Confronts the Unexplained at a Remote Ranch in Utah posted:

Ellen was getting increasingly worried about her memory when one evening Tom stormed in and demanded to know who had hidden the post digger. He was irate. Both kids looked up from their homework. They were puzzled. Ellen told him that all three had been in the house for the past couple of hours. Tom said that he had left the seventy-pound implement on the ground and gone to his truck to get a wrench, returned a couple of minutes later, and it was gone. He was angry because he wanted to finish mending a broken fence, and it was almost dark. The family went outside to help him look. Thirty minutes later they gave up. Tom was silent and frustrated the whole evening.
Tom eventually found his missing post digger. The only trouble was he found it perched twenty feet up a tree. It would have taken somebody of great strength to lift a seventy-pound post digger up into a tree.

Azathoth has issued a correction as of 19:51 on Oct 18, 2021

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

SavageGentleman posted:

Short version: remote viewing is easy to learn, hard to master - your analytical mind is the enemy.

I can hide an object at my place tomorrow so you dirty, dirty goons can remote view it for your leasure.

lets fuckin do it but it better not be a banana

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Vomik posted:

wait the Native American spirits wanted the white settlers to win?

Lol more like "this is not a good time, wait for when they get to Greasy Grass"

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

cheers!

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

I think the guys from the What If? Podcast (RIP) had the best reaction to the Skinwalker Ranch stuff. One of them said something to the effect of "that's not even a good story, that's just really loving weird", which I think succinctly sums up everything that seems to happen there.

The point being that if someone was going to make up spooky stories, they'd generally try to do a better job. So much of what happens is just little nuggets like that, something really odd but no hints at either what is happening or what is behind it.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

do the pnuttys have solid black eyes like the normal grey or human-like eyes with the white parts and pupils. their drawings all conflict on this

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

Fallen Rib

my bony fealty posted:

do the pnuttys have solid black eyes like the normal grey or human-like eyes with the white parts and pupils. their drawings all conflict on this

I think they mention that they have both bascically. The black thing is a second eyelid (similar to the ones many animals have) that protects from harsh light and UV; when it's retracted, you will see the normal eyes with colors like amber, brown, etc.

They also have four very long and limber fingers without a thumb (always makes me think of the old "Salad fingers" cartoon). Apparently they do well without an opposable thumb because the other fingers are flexible enough to take that role when needed, but my mind still struggles to imagine a P'nti holding a coffee cup.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

wondering if I would trade my thumbs in for biological sunglasses

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

SavageGentleman posted:

I think they mention that they have both bascically. The black thing is a second eyelid (similar to the ones many animals have) that protects from harsh light and UV; when it's retracted, you will see the normal eyes with colors like amber, brown, etc.

They also have four very long and limber fingers without a thumb (always makes me think of the old "Salad fingers" cartoon). Apparently they do well without an opposable thumb because the other fingers are flexible enough to take that role when needed, but my mind still struggles to imagine a P'nti holding a coffee cup.

so theyre like hosed up space lemurs. cool

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Non earth human :yeah:

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

SavageGentleman posted:

Allrighty, here we go:

A Goon's Remote Viewing Primer; supported by Russell Targ: THE REALITY OF ESP. A Physicist’s Proof of Psychic Abilities. Esp. Chapter 11: "Learning Remote Viewing: Separating the Psychic Signal from the Mental Noise."

Usually Remote Viewing is a 2-person thing: The viewer will do the actual remote viewing while the monitor takes notes and moves the process forward by asking general or more specific questions (and brings the viewer back on track if they get distracted with details.

The2-person setup will not work for our forum, but we can still do some experiments by ourselves or with a group.

The group experiment (can be done online - in this thread!)

Picking and placing an Object

One person picks an intersting object and stores it at a specific place in their home (e.g. a small basket/bag/box in the living room). The object stays there for the duration of the experiment and will be revealed via photo when the deadline for the group has ended.

Notes for the object: Please pick an object that has an interesting, but not too complex shape. Ingo Swann describes the connected problem as "lack of fusion": too many similar or overlaying geometric elements within the same object confuse the viewer.

Viewing the Object

The rest of the group will be informed that the object has been placed in a specific place ("e.g. the object is in a bag in the living room of user XYZ"). They will not be told what the object is: it is their job, by using only their mind, the basic description ("the object in the bag in the living room of user XYZ"), and pen & paper, to gather mental impressions and make a sketch / or ekstches of the object. They will take a photo of the sketch and upload it until the deadline ends.

How to view the object:

1) note down/get rid of the first impressions you got when you started this session:
"If you come into the session with clearly formed initial impressions or images, it is very important that you write them down on the top of the paper and label them “initial images.” Otherwise, they will follow you all through your session. Then draw a line under them to separate them from the rest of the transcript, recognizing that they may, or may not, have anything to do with the day’s target."

2) Close your eyes, relax for a couple of minutes, and then focus your mind on the object (via the description).

3) Keep your mind open, note down all mental impressions - without trying to put a name on it. Targ with more info (long quote):

Yes, too long to read.

im gonna find ur dildo

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

SavageGentleman posted:

Obligatory peanut tweet re. the Skinwalker ranch: Tldr: Ancient (natural) rift /weak point in the fabric of space-time , currently unregulated and mostly used by the shittier denizens of the cosmos:

https://twitter.com/SandiaWisdom/status/1320690422646231040

by the way, they also say demons (as in multidemnesional rear end in a top hat anergy beings) are real. Space is less nice than I imagined :(

https://twitter.com/SandiaWisdom/status/1391093904565575682

quote:

In March 2010, Joseph McMoneagle, one of the premier remote viewers in the U.S., was asked to observe a target designated as “22610” using traditional blind targeting protocols. “22610” was actually Skinwalker Ranch. Blind targeting protocols mean he had no knowledge that the ranch was his target. As expected, McMoneagle’s sketch of the Skinwalker Ranch, description of the environment, animals present, and characteristics of the two ranch managers and two security guards were excellent. But he indicated that a fifth individual was also present. McMoneagle described a male, 60–70 pounds, with a height of 4’3” with no hair. Age was not able to be determined. Exact physical features were unclear, as opposed to those of the managers and guards. McMoneagle said that the fifth individual could not be seen by ranch personnel but did attempt test communications with them to see their response. He indicated that the communication was not precise or clear, and to the individuals on the ranch it would seem to come from above and behind their heads.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Fly Ricky posted:

stuff involving UAPs: I've posted about it ITT, but I saw some dots over the Sherman Texas/Denison Texas in either 2017 or 2018. I scanned my dad's messenger logs bc he's the only one i shared it with but either i missed it or it's not there anymore. It's way triggering to read poo poo about my old life since a lot of those old convos are chock full of trauma poo poo, so i'll have to look and see if i can get the video later when i have more fortitude for what's in there.

involving greys; once had a sleep paralysis/astral thing where greys crashed my dream space. they weren't speaking as-such but communicated with me; wanted to do something to my mind/inner self, and when I basically tried to trigger an awakening they somehow stopped it. Threatened me, told me to just chill and cooperate, or it would suck for me.

I chilled for a bit, then managed to initiate a wake-up and there was a bright rear end light in the living room of the duplex I lived in at the time. My mom lived with me and also woke up wondering wtf the light was.

The UAP sighting and that episode weren't super far apart, but they weren't on top of each other either.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

But could it have been a bag

https://twitter.com/Spacecowboy781/status/1450302099078664192?t=YQE2cR2HXzTv7KJRMYMKSg&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao

Who would win?

The latest and greatest in hypersonic missile technology

vs