Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

I just listened to the first season of Blowback podcast, now that it is not on stitcher premium, and gently caress him and everyone in the GWB administration.

Edit:
https://twitter.com/attackerman/status/1450074261272596490?t=iYH8BcPYrqcPQ-BdLh_86w&s=19

Nick Soapdish fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Oct 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Powell apparently had multiple myeloma so he's the poster child of a case where the vax won't be able to do that much

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Nick Soapdish posted:

I just listened to the first season of Blowback podcast, now that it is not on stitcher premium, and gently caress him and everyone in the GWB administration.

I'm not listening to it, but anyone- particularly a GO- who purposely lies to gets us embroiled in an unwinnable, illegal war deserves a lot worse than COVID.

gently caress him. The only sad thing about his death is I won't get to punch him.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Colin Powell has been a piece of poo poo ever since he helped sweep My Lai under the rug

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
When you’re 84, you’ve got like a 1 in 5 chance of dying in any given year, and that probability continues its asymptotic rise to 1 from there.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

aphid_licker posted:

Powell apparently had multiple myeloma so he's the poster child of a case where the vax won't be able to do that much

Yeah it's basically this situation - already compromised immune system and very old. The primary way you stop a person like that from getting COVID is to not have other people around him get COVID. And with the general numbers in the country still high - welp.

https://twitter.com/Sarah_Boxer/status/1450102202580803587?t=Ipm9A9whzjDm9IX0DkPJxA&s=19

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Oct 18, 2021

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
We go to war with the immune system we have

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Man dies in 180 mph collision with wall despite wearing seatbelt!

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

mlmp08 posted:

Man dies in 180 mph collision with wall despite wearing seatbelt!

I've been thinking of vaccines like body armor - some will outright fail, others will stop the bullet but kill the olds wearing it (Powell), others will make the person sore for a few days, and others will make a person go "whoa I've been shot lol that's rad I didn't feel anything" when they get home.

So obviously, the solution is to pull all body armor from are troops!

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Milo and POTUS posted:

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Powell reminds me of McCain in how on the surface level we're expected to give them blind admiration for their nonstop achievements, but when you dig it's hard to identify anything objectively positive that made the world a better place.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Milo and POTUS posted:

https://twitter.com/FrankConniff/status/1450122697300758531

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Powell reminds me of McCain in how on the surface level we're expected to give them blind admiration for their nonstop achievements, but when you dig it's hard to identify anything objectively positive that made the world a better place.

Eventually he died

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Nothing cheers me up as much as remembering that Rush Limbaugh is dead and in hell

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Much like McCain, the entire media apparatus kept saying he's a great guy, which fooled everyone who wasn't looking that hard into everything (including myself). I presume that much like McCain, he got this fawning press through a combination of cultivated flattery to the press corps and being a regular source.

Prob the biggest lesson in media awareness I've learned in life is that when a unelected public servant of some variety gets a flattering high level media profile, that public servant is a frequent source and the fawning article is an in-kind payment for services rendered.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Best Friends posted:

Much like McCain, the entire media apparatus kept saying he's a great guy, which fooled everyone who wasn't looking that hard into everything (including myself). I presume that much like McCain, he got this fawning press through a combination of cultivated flattery to the press corps and being a regular source.

Prob the biggest lesson in media awareness I've learned in life is that when a unelected public servant of some variety gets a flattering high level media profile, that public servant is a frequent source and the fawning article is an in-kind payment for services rendered.

Another recent example of this is John Kasich. From the media narrative, you’d think he was the second coming of Abraham Lincoln, but he’s really just Mike Pence without the love for horse meat.

Serjeant Buzfuz posted:

Nothing cheers me up as much as remembering that Rush Limbaugh is dead and in hell

He just made ten months sober. :toot:

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Oct 18, 2021

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
All my nova goons

Shits off the rails here today

https://twitter.com/wmata/status/1449887813143511045?s=21

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Gatdang

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/lawrencehurley/status/1450093662034071555?s=21

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Oh BOY, glad I'm not living in DC right now

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

boop the snoot posted:

All my nova goons

Shits off the rails here today

Literally:

https://twitter.com/tomroussey7news/status/1450101522713530380

https://twitter.com/tomroussey7news/status/1450108211495833602

Whole bunch of broken axles barfing parts, leading to the investigation result of AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Magugu
Mar 30, 2013

I came to drink, fight, and f@ck. And im fresh outta beer, so what will it be?

facialimpediment posted:

Literally:

https://twitter.com/tomroussey7news/status/1450101522713530380

https://twitter.com/tomroussey7news/status/1450108211495833602

Whole bunch of broken axles barfing parts, leading to the investigation result of AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Remove the 4th car, and run 7 cars. Problem solved. :smuggo:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
WMATA was designed for the DC area in the 1970s/early 80s, and rather than work *around* that, all they've done is add new stations and recently, added a whole new LINE that shares the oldest track in the system, increasing congestion when things are working *right* and only hastening track fatigue and equipment failure.

It's a miracle MORE people haven't died on Metro.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BIG HEADLINE posted:

WMATA was designed for the DC area in the 1970s/early 80s, and rather than work *around* that, all they've done is add new stations and recently, added a whole new LINE that shares the oldest track in the system, increasing congestion when things are working *right* and only hastening track fatigue and equipment failure.

It's a miracle MORE people haven't died on Metro.

Especially considering the Metro seems only a few steps away from the aesthetic of a crypt anyway.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holy poo poo HISTORY OF THE WORLD II is happening

https://twitter.com/variety/status/1450175074640842753?s=21

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Hopefully it’s already written, cause 95 years old is approaching near-daily coin-toss levels of age.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

Hopefully it’s already written, cause 95 years old is approaching near-daily coin-toss levels of age.

Well, there was already the preview at the end of part 1.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Can't wait for the Civil War episode where all the Confederates are played by black comedic actors just to maximize the :rant:-ing from the Lost Causers.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Can't wait for the Civil War episode where all the Confederates are played by black comedic actors just to maximize the :rant:-ing from the Lost Causers.

Honestly I prefer him casting Samuel Jackson and Sherman and Idris Elba as Grant, but this is a good idea too, whatever pisses off Confederates is good with me.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Who’s going to play Harriet Tubman? :getin:

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Icon Of Sin posted:

Lizzo of course.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Hekk posted:

Lizzo of course.

if im remembering who lizzo is correctly(bird up lady in eric andre?), then id see that movie

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Icon Of Sin posted:

Kaitlin Bennett?

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
Lil Nas

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

RuPaul for Robert E. Lee. And let him design his own uniform.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

The WWII portion is just going to be the final scene of Death Proof but Stalin, FDR and Churchill going to town on Adolf.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

BIG HEADLINE posted:

:perfect:

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I agree, make ever confederate a LGTBQ POC for maximum outrage.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

I agree, make ever confederate a LGTBQ POC for maximum outrage.

Jussie Smollett for Nathan Bedford Forrest, then. Even if it's just a bit role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Jussie Smollett for Nathan Bedford Forrest, then. Even if it's just a bit role.

hahahahah