Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

gregday posted:

Of all the things, the design of the Paul Rudd Funko Pop figure reveals a pretty big spoiler.

That he wears shorts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Oscar's in his thirties now, if the old characters only have a few minutes of screen time, no need to mention him. He's off, doing whatever it is Oscar Barrett would be doing, instead of Ghostbusters stuff.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Basebf555 posted:

That he wears shorts?

The figure has a set of keys hanging from his belt.

gregday
May 23, 2003

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Oscar's in his thirties now, if the old characters only have a few minutes of screen time, no need to mention him. He's off, doing whatever it is Oscar Barrett would be doing, instead of Ghostbusters stuff.

Well, they aren’t getting the same actor.

https://people.com/movies/ghostbusters-ii-baby-oscar-actor-and-john-denvers-nephew-commits-suicide-after-battle-with-mental-illness/

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Well that is horrifically depressing

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

gregday posted:

The figure has a set of keys hanging from his belt.

Ha, took me a minute

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Adam Savage just uploaded a new behind-the-scenes video which takes a really long look (inside & out) at Phoebe's modded proton pack, plus the updated PKE meter and ghost goggles:
Edit: I'll spoiler that because it hasn't been shown in trailers or anything yet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDdOBorpp5s

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Oct 18, 2021

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

ImpAtom posted:

Well that is horrifically depressing

It is, very much.

Though his brother could play the role of Oscar still.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Adam Savage just uploaded a new behind-the-scenes video which takes a really long look (inside & out) at Phoebe's modded proton pack, plus the updated PKE meter and ghost goggles:
Edit: I'll spoiler that because it hasn't been shown in trailers or anything yet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDdOBorpp5s

thank u.

e: watching Adam Savage and Ben the prop guy measure the PKE meter on their individual ruler tattoos made me smile.

text me a vag pic fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Oct 19, 2021

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

gregday posted:

So I picked up this fun little book. It’s half in-universe and the author basically scraped both movies and the RGB cartoon and toys for just about any ghost they could to fill out the pages.

One of the very first pages lists:

oh my god.

I got the green cover from a book exchange. Even has Fearsome Flush in there.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

ALFbrot posted:

In some ways it almost seems like this movie discards GB2 from the canon. I remember in the first trailer when Paul Rudd was like "wait, you guys never heard of the Ghostbusters?" and he pulls up a YouTube video of them approaching the apartment building at the end of GB1. It seems absolutely ludicrous that nobody would remember them after the Statue of Liberty started walking around town and the Titanic pulled into port.

Also the car in the movie is obviously Ecto-1 and not Ecto-1A

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
New international poster with a few details hidden in the background silhouettes of Ray, Peter & Winston in their GB gear, Gozer statue looming over everyone

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That spoiler has action figures in store right now btw

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

That spoiler has action figures in store right now btw

Yeah, it's kind of very well known, at least outside of super-guarded Facebook groups.

The one casting surprise that I heard rumoured, and not confirmed whatsoever, is that (seriously, don't read if you don't want to know because I can totally see this happening) JK Simmons plays Ivo Shandor

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh poo poo

https://twitter.com/toynewsinterna1/status/1451587416200933378

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

I just made a new pack nooooo

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://youtu.be/p9XK6l3LUuA

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

text me a vag pic posted:

I just made a new pack nooooo

Would've been nice to have before the movie, but definitely getting this to go with my Spengler wand, and my suit I just finished this week. Strangely, the elbow pads were the hardest part to get.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I have just got a rubies pack and a load of Ben of Kent mods coming in the post. Of course I am going to buy this new pack aswell.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVXFj7Azgc8

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Someone pointed out the blue light is static which could be disappointing if that's the case for a presumably premium price point.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I’m assuming that’s probably not the final product, since Haslab has to refine it first.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Just saw a clip posted on FB of Grooberson literally opening the ghost trap, and that mist-like terror dog pops out.

Is... Is that how it's really going to go down? :stare:

Avril Lavigne
May 29, 2006

Well at least link the darn clip, Buttermilk!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Just saw a clip posted on FB of Grooberson literally opening the ghost trap, and that mist-like terror dog pops out.

Is... Is that how it's really going to go down? :stare:

Yeah from the shots at the start of the new trailer where Egon has something caught in a trap and is chased back to his house I was assuming that'd be the case, it's a pretty clever way of stopping Gozer from being able to return. No Keymaster = no gate!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Glad to see it’s a Haslab production since we won’t have to worry about it selling out as long as we get our orders in on time.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Avril Lavigne posted:

Well at least link the darn clip, Buttermilk!

Ha, sorry, here you go:

https://fb.watch/8RPBmVXLHE/

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Official Hasbro Pulse Haslabs proton pack announcement will be on their livestream at 5pm Oct 27, it's an "exclusive" event for their premium members but the usual GB discussion groups will be reposting all the info pretty much instantly

https://twitter.com/HasbroPulse/status/1453047269796847618

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Official Hasbro Pulse Haslabs proton pack announcement will be on their livestream at 5pm Oct 27, it's an "exclusive" event for their premium members but the usual GB discussion groups will be reposting all the info pretty much instantly

https://twitter.com/HasbroPulse/status/1453047269796847618

A proton pack is cool, but what I'm really hoping for is a containment unit minifridge.

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
For me? It's a dancing toaster Bluetooth boombox combo.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

There’s annoyingly going to be some bonus item if you back it in the first 48 hours too. :argh:

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

The_Doctor posted:

There’s annoyingly going to be some bonus item if you back it in the first 48 hours too. :argh:

If you back it in the first 48 hours AND have Hasbro Pulse premium which is £40/$50 for 12 months free delivery.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

That’s an absolutely bullshit move on their part if you need premium too.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
It's described as 'an exclusive members only add on' unfortunately.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

1:1 scale Marshmallow Man with exclusive members only add on 1:1 scale Peck

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Better be a keychain or something.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Link to the live stream, Transformers now and Ghostbusters after apparently.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
$399/£360.

Delzuma
Dec 4, 2004

Preorders live now

https://hasbropulse.com/products/ghostbusters-plasma-series-spengler-s-proton-pack

$400, not too shabby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
The goo attachment add on for premium plus members is pretty meh.

Guaranteed order shipping by March 2023 though.

Bacon Terrorist fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Oct 27, 2021