Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Aren't all werewolves within?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Aren't all werewolves within?

You’re thinking of “don’t go over there-wolves”. They never go out.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Where wolf?

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

BiggerBoat posted:

One of the Silent Hill games (I forget which one) is largely a beat for beat rip off of Jacob's Ladder so in a sense we already got that movie.

Silent Hill 2 rips off a bunch of scenes from Jacob’s Ladder but it’s ultimately enough of a different thing that you could probably make a movie about it without getting sued.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

You’re thinking of “don’t go over there-wolves”. They never go out.

I'm a swearwolf.

gently caress

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I'm sad we never got the What We Do In The Shadows spinoff about the werewolves. I think We're Wolves could have been fun.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

What we do in the woods.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
C'mon, What We Do In The Moonlight was right there.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Why was there never a Legend of Zelda movie? I remember someone doing a fake teaser for it and people being mad there wasn't a movie coming out.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Well excuse me, but Link would have to actually talk.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
It would be interesting to see an action movie where the main character never actually talks but you'd really have the nail the action scenes to carry it, I think.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Wall-E but it's Link

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

christmas boots posted:

It would be interesting to see an action movie where the main character never actually talks but you'd really have the nail the action scenes to carry it, I think.
Hardcore Henry did it, speaking of video game-adjacent movies

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

FFT posted:

Also Willy's Wonderland, which totally isn't Five Nights At Freddy's, We Swear

(It's not good but you may still enjoy Nick Cage beating the bejesus out of animatronic characters)

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009

christmas boots posted:

Hardcore Henry has a silent protagonist and it’s shot in first person, to boot.

Efb

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

FFT posted:

Wast that the one that was basically an FPS but as a movie?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

christmas boots posted:

Wast that the one that was basically an FPS but as a movie?

Yeah

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
I actually really like hardcore Henry for what it was.

Great casting with Sharlto Copley as well.

Coeus
Sep 21, 2006

Panfilo posted:

Why was there never a Legend of Zelda movie? I remember someone doing a fake teaser for it and people being mad there wasn't a movie coming out.

they did do a Legend of Zelda movie and it's called Legend with tom cruise, mia sera, and tim curry. also it came out a year before legend of zelda was released.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

oldpainless posted:

Where wolf?

There.

There wolf.

There castle.

Alexander Hamilton posted:

Silent Hill 2 rips off a bunch of scenes from Jacob’s Ladder but it’s ultimately enough of a different thing that you could probably make a movie about it without getting sued.

I might not have even noticed if I hadn't JUST watched Jacob's Ladder prior to playing it but some of it is pretty egregious and blatant.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I tried to watch hardcore henry but the pov just irked the hell out of me. Apparently in my fps games I run around looking at eye level stuff, and not people's shins or the ground. I kept wanting to yell LOOK UP DAMMIT INVERT MOUSE OR SOMETHING. You might say it was irrationally irritating.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I can't handle shakes can or 1st person-style movies as I get incredible motion sickness. When I saw Hardcore Henry and Cloverfield in the theater I took Dramamine before the screening. The medication wore off halfway through. :barf:

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I wonder if the Shadow of the Colossus movie is ever going to leave development Hell. Wander might as well be a silent protagonist.

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

AngryRobotsInc posted:

I wonder if the Shadow of the Colossus movie is ever going to leave development Hell. Wander might as well be a silent protagonist.

*Malus is defeated, crumbles into dirt. Wander falls to the ground*
[FOCUS RACKS FROM MALUS TO WANDER]
"No more will I have to live in the Shadow of the Colossus
[CUT TO BLACK]
[CREDITS ROLL]
[ROCK MUSIC]

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Holy gently caress I hate that.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Starring:

Chris Pratt as Wander
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as Dormin
and
Kevin Hart as Agro

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Imagined posted:

Well EXCUUUUU

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

The Metal Gear Solid movie should not cut out any dialogue whatsoever, but still just end when it hits two hours. The whole movie should have a countdown timer in the corner that Oscar Issac keeps nervously looking at while people go on and on about nuclear disarmament procedures and PAL cards.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Bussamove posted:

Starring:

Chris Pratt as Wander
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as Dormin
and
Kevin Hart as Agro

*colossus gets stabbed in the brain and goes cockeyed*

“Doi!” *sad trombone noise*

“Without a SHADOW of a doubt you are a COLLOSUS failure*

Then he does a cartoon backflip

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009

Imagined posted:

In Breath of the Wild, you can find a piece of lore that goes into Link not saying much.

Basically, finding out that you're the chosen one who has to protect the most important person in the kingdom is kind of a big responsibility. He's quiet because he knows he has one task and is completely focused on it, otherwise he couldn't handle it. That, and the somewhat traumatic effects of being brought back from the dead, go a long way of explaining his muteness.

I feel like this is something you can make work in a movie. The silent protagonist who is honor bound to fulfill his duty is something not unfamiliar in westerns or samurai films, so why not use it here?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Link, as played by Clint Eastwood.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Sobatchja Morda posted:

In Breath of the Wild, you can find a piece of lore that goes into Link not saying much.

Basically, finding out that you're the chosen one who has to protect the most important person in the kingdom is kind of a big responsibility. He's quiet because he knows he has one task and is completely focused on it, otherwise he couldn't handle it. That, and the somewhat traumatic effects of being brought back from the dead, go a long way of explaining his muteness.

I feel like this is something you can make work in a movie. The silent protagonist who is honor bound to fulfill his duty is something not unfamiliar in westerns or samurai films, so why not use it here?

But how will people know what reactions to have if the protagonist doesn't literally spell it out for them

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008

Biplane posted:

But how will people know what reactions to have if the protagonist doesn't literally spell it out for them

Give Link a sidekick, preferably an office worker from our real world who lands in hyrule after having a fight with his boss and stumbling through a portal. He could comment on how crazy all of this is making it easier for the audience, and they could cut to him grimacing after Link hits a monster in the groin area. Maybe have him comment on how this is all like one of those video games but he's never heard of Legend of Zelda.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

BiggestOrangeTree posted:

Give Link a sidekick, preferably an office worker from our real world who lands in hyrule after having a fight with his boss and stumbling through a portal. He could comment on how crazy all of this is making it easier for the audience, and they could cut to him grimacing after Link hits a monster in the groin area. Maybe have him comment on how this is all like one of those video games but he's never heard of Legend of Zelda.
In this version of the movie, are both characters played by Chris Pratt?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

BiggestOrangeTree posted:

Sounds pretty expensive, how about a Link/James Marsden road trip movie instead?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Nintendo tried to get a Legend of Zelda movie made for over 20 years but unfortunately couldn't find a single studio exec who could understand that the protagonist is not named Zelda.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Nintendo tried to get a Legend of Zelda movie made for over 20 years but unfortunately couldn't find a single studio exec who could understand that the protagonist is not named Zelda.

Given how video game movies have usually gone, this doesn't sound unrealistic at all. (though Robin Williams was a huge fan of the series enough to name his daughter after her)

Sobatchja Morda posted:

IIRC the word from Nintendo is that Link is traditionally near-mute due to a combination of social anxiety and imposter syndrome. But yeah, if anything being all near-mute like a cowboy/samurai would be extremely fitting. (Near-mute, that is mind; he does talk, it's just rarely if ever voiced)

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

There was going to be a series, but the Netflix marketing department leaked it early to build hype without telling Nintendo, and they were so offended they cancelled the project and have not allowed a Netflix app on their consoles since

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

flavor.flv posted:

There was going to be a series, but the Netflix marketing department leaked it early to build hype without telling Nintendo, and they were so offended they cancelled the project and have not allowed a Netflix app on their consoles since

You dishonor Mario at your own risk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

It's something of a plot point in BotW that Link is way more talkative in general (though never voiced), and a snarky little troll because amnesia relieved him of the stress of his position and the fear of screwing up, letting his real personality come through.