Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

swickles posted:

Brats are overratee. Chorizo is where its at.

Seems like apples and oranges; the uses are completely different. Most people aren't just going to put a log of chorizo on a bun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The Hulu and Disney+ GUI are so awful.

With Disney+ if you finish an episode but don't sit through the credits, when you go back to the app later and want to watch the next episode it wants you to resume the credits. There's no way to get to the next without starting a search for the series, or resuming and fast forwarding. So goddamn stupid.

Hulu seems like it was designed as a contest to see who could make it take the most clicks to do just about anything.

I can't get Hulu to autoplay a series. It always picks random shows to start after watching one episode of a series. It's incredibly annoying.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

General Dog posted:

Seems like apples and oranges; the uses are completely different. Most people aren't just going to put a log of chorizo on a bun.

You don't speak for me

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

The Hulu and Disney+ GUI are so awful.

With Disney+ if you finish an episode but don't sit through the credits, when you go back to the app later and want to watch the next episode it wants you to resume the credits. There's no way to get to the next without starting a search for the series, or resuming and fast forwarding. So goddamn stupid.

Hulu seems like it was designed as a contest to see who could make it take the most clicks to do just about anything.

What device are you watching Disney+ on or through? The Xbox app has the pop up to go to the next episode on most shows like 10 seconds into the credits (On all the Star Wars animated stuff, it always pops up just before the voice cast, for example) and I’ve never noticed it being unusually difficult to use compared to the other streaming services or poo poo like apps directly through a TV.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Neil Armbong posted:

I can't get Hulu to autoplay a series. It always picks random shows to start after watching one episode of a series. It's incredibly annoying.

Seriously. I was watching Frasier the other night and all of a sudden it wanted to show me the pilot episode of Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Like, okay, B99 is an excellent show, but I was only halfway through season 10 of Frasier!

Also, brats vary depending on the source. Johnsonville, for example, is poo poo (and their owner is a huge Republican shithead who adores Scott Walker), but fresh brats from a good meat shop (like the dearly departed Jim's in Madison :smith:) can have a lot of wild ingredients that really make them shine. Jim's used to have garlic cheddar brats that were amazing after I had boiled them in O'Doul's Amber for 20 minutes and then put them on the grill.

Timby fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Oct 18, 2021

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

fartknocker posted:

What device are you watching Disney+ on or through? The Xbox app has the pop up to go to the next episode on most shows like 10 seconds into the credits (On all the Star Wars animated stuff, it always pops up just before the voice cast, for example) and I’ve never noticed it being unusually difficult to use compared to the other streaming services or poo poo like apps directly through a TV.

On Roku. The problem isn't when you're watching one episode and want to go into the next. It's when you get done watching one, shut everything off, come back later and want to resume. It doesn't just cue up the next episode, it wants to bring you to the credits again.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Samadhi posted:

You don't speak for me

Yeah I thought on it and added "most" people before hitting post because I know my audience.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Hulu was originally designed to "prove" that streaming was doomed to failure. Then when it got popular they added ads to once again "prove" it wouldn't work. Then the subscription service and so on.

So yea, Hulu having a dogshit UI is embedded into the DNA of the service

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Timby posted:

Also, brats vary depending on the source. Johnsonville, for example, is poo poo (and their owner is a huge Republican shithead who adores Scott Walker), but fresh brats from a good meat shop (like the dearly departed Jim's in Madison :smith:) can have a lot of wild ingredients that really make them shine. Jim's used to have garlic cheddar brats that were amazing after I had boiled them in O'Doul's Amber for 20 minutes and then put them on the grill.

Oh that's what O'Douls is for.

I had the candy corn brats from Jennifer Street Market a week ago. Tasted like regular brats, but maybe that was the preboil and char.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

General Dog posted:

Yeah I thought on it and added "most" people before hitting post because I know my audience.

If you ever feel the need for vegan chorizo, the Trader Joe's stuff is pretty drat good. It comes in a plastic casing though so you need to use it in dishes where you would use crumbled chorizo, though, and can't be grilled

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
pretty excited for the upcoming ACNH update that lets you build "permanent" homes for the traveling salesfolk so I can finally collect all the art, a bunch of new fencing and more storage.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

T-Square posted:

What should I grill for two people on a baby Weber kettle at Lambeau this Sunday

Polish kielbasa! I use JOHNSONVILLE because it's delicious and reasonably priced (:toughguy:). Also I don't know where I'm gonna find fresh kielbasa in what is basically an extended Chinatown.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I forgot how good basically any sausage cooked over charcoal is. I had some coals still burning after cooking some burgers and threw rope of Hillshire Farms turkey sausage on there on a lark and it came out delicious.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

it's uncanny

however, that's why theres robin. for the lady horndogs

fartknocker posted:

I'm not paying Disney poo poo, I refuse.

Visions is pretty cool though. They're a bit uneven but it's really cool to see these distinctive animations styles. I'd probably like it just as much even if it had nothing to do with Star Wars because I just like high quality animation.

I recognized the creators from Mushishi, Kill la Kill, FLCL, JoJo and Eureka Seven which are some shows that I really, really enjoyed. That's just from the animation style, I didn't look it up so i could be wrong but some of these companies have unique styles that are very recognizable. So it's fun to watch

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Earlier this summer I made my own sausages with my Kitchenaide attachment, I ground chicken thighs and then made chicken sausage with jalapeño, cilantro, Quesa Fresca, lime juice, and some other seasonings.

They were loving incredible and I am 100% never making sausages again because that shot is messy as hell and cleaning all of those parts was a huge pain in the rear end.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
"first of all, google false equivalency"

what a fun comic

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/JonLemire/status/1450217882294624256

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

On Roku. The problem isn't when you're watching one episode and want to go into the next. It's when you get done watching one, shut everything off, come back later and want to resume. It doesn't just cue up the next episode, it wants to bring you to the credits again.

Might be a Roku thing then, cause on Xbox when I go down to the Continue Watching section for stuff I know I didn't watch the credits for, it does seem to go right to the next episode. :shrug:

Play posted:

I'm not paying Disney poo poo, I refuse.

Visions is pretty cool though. They're a bit uneven but it's really cool to see these distinctive animations styles. I'd probably like it just as much even if it had nothing to do with Star Wars because I just like high quality animation.

I recognized the creators from Mushishi, Kill la Kill, FLCL, JoJo and Eureka Seven which are some shows that I really, really enjoyed. That's just from the animation style, I didn't look it up so i could be wrong but some of these companies have unique styles that are very recognizable. So it's fun to watch

I used that as an easy example off the top of my head since we were talking about Disney+, in part because a bunch of people here have watched Clone Wars/Rebels/Bad Batch/etc and would know the timing I'm referring to. On those, the credits roll, after ~15 seconds it prompts you to go to the next episode if it's available. If you stop there, close the app, go back in and click the continue show button, it'll start the next episode rather than picking up 15 seconds into the credits with a few minutes more to go.

:rubby:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

fartknocker posted:

I used that as an easy example off the top of my head since we were talking about Disney+, in part because a bunch of people here have watched Clone Wars/Rebels/Bad Batch/etc and would know the timing I'm referring to. On those, the credits roll, after ~15 seconds it prompts you to go to the next episode if it's available. If you stop there, close the app, go back in and click the continue show button, it'll start the next episode rather than picking up 15 seconds into the credits with a few minutes more to go.

Yeah sorry I was just using your post to talk about Visions because I wanted to, and I can never resist getting up on the old :filez: / anti-Disney soapbox

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://twitter.com/ChrisDaniels5/status/1450220433844813824?t=b8TECzvyH8JVb95CK9yRQQ&s=19

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

with almost all local affiliates now in a place where they are feeding multiple OTT services via things like LTN, seems like it would be possible to build that thing and not anger local affiliates when they'd be airing it, since you could just tap into that with geolocation, but fall back to a national feed.

we probably have another decade before the NFL feels any kind of pressure to do the same thing.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Hulu was originally designed to "prove" that streaming was doomed to failure. Then when it got popular they added ads to once again "prove" it wouldn't work. Then the subscription service and so on.

So yea, Hulu having a dogshit UI is embedded into the DNA of the service

Citation?

That seems preposterous.

Although the UI is poop enough to spark some possibility.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Thank god. I watched like two Cubs this season because I wasn’t going to get cable and the up charge to get marquee. Maybe MLB finally realized that their blackout rules suck and leave a ton of people behind.

Also D+ on Apple TV kinda sucks too. It has the same problem with moving onto the next episode. Have to watch like a minute of credits before the skip credits button comes up and it’ll come back to the credits if you hack out too early. I just FF ahead, but it’s not the end of the world. All the streaming sites suck in some form.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/JasonSCampbell/status/1450153630112403456

lol

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Play posted:

And at the time there was no desire or pretext to fully invade anyways

Something Awful Forms Poster Play to Kuwaitis the 19th Province of Iraq: Drop Dead

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Cmooooonnn COVID.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Play posted:

it's uncanny

however, that's why theres robin. for the lady horndogs

https://twitter.com/thedcnation/status/1449150336128610309

you don't say

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/formerlyfiz/status/1450231746641936387?s=21

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Hope the NBA ends up doing this as well. It'd be a nice "gently caress you" to the Kroenkes for robbing Nuggets fans of games televised locally

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Awww, this made me smile.

I sprained my wrist this morning, which sucks, but I'm going to make some delicious dinner which doesn't suck.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Weird to watch something where Addie isn't the tiny ball of energy

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Also everything about this, from the interview to the overall situation, is just Atlanta as poo poo.

https://twitter.com/ericperrytv/status/1449092353202036737?s=21

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Chiming in to say that Overcast is incredibly good, and will also run on M1 Macs now too.

FizFashizzle posted:

Also everything about this, from the interview to the overall situation, is just Atlanta as poo poo.

https://twitter.com/ericperrytv/status/1449092353202036737?s=21

Heard about this on Fullcast After Dark, lol

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/BrianMFloyd/status/1450243559911682052?t=BfBaMPgiahvXx8qPokYpqg&s=19

Bye bitch

Edit: for those who don't know, it's Wazzu's head coach who refused to be vaccinated. Wheez is smiling somewhere.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Eat poo poo Rolovich

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Its Rinaldo posted:

Eat poo poo Rolovich

Actually sort of looking forward to Tucker Carlson speaking on college football whenever that happens. It's going to be so incredibly stupid, the only thing dumber than the sport itself.

There's even odds he's going to gently caress up and find himself a good opinion like the players should have a say in things or something for all the wrong reasons.

e: not like I'm going to watch because I don't hate myself that much, but I'll hear about it

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Oct 19, 2021

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

seiferguy posted:

https://twitter.com/BrianMFloyd/status/1450243559911682052?t=BfBaMPgiahvXx8qPokYpqg&s=19

Bye bitch

Edit: for those who don't know, it's Wazzu's head coach who refused to be vaccinated. Wheez is smiling somewhere.

Good riddance to a very bad coach. happy for y'all Cougs. thankfully we don't play them for a couple weeks, so they'll get whatever new coach bounce out of the way first :v:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Please god don’t actually let the Red Sox make another World Series.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Please god don’t actually let the Red Sox make another World Series.

Although I can't believe there was a time when Boston was a scrappy underdog team and I was happy they broke the curse, gently caress the Astros (for now).

Grittybeard posted:

Actually sort of looking forward to Tucker Carlson speaking on college football whenever that happens. It's going to be so incredibly stupid, the only thing dumber than the sport itself.

There's even odds he's going to gently caress up and find himself a good opinion like the players should have a say in things or something for all the wrong reasons.

e: not like I'm going to watch because I don't hate myself that much, but I'll hear about it

He's going to make a lot of hilariously good points about the awfulness that's been forgiven across CFB over the past century or more because a stopped watch is right twice a day, but it'll be in defense of forgiving this one dumdum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm sad to say that the morally correct team is somehow the Red Sox for the AL. Though they're still somehow bottom 5 with the Astros.