Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I’d say he’s more made to look like the Zodiac, what with taunting cops and leaving puzzles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I meant his costuming. Covered up completely, glasses over a mask.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Yes, so did I.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/getFANDOM/status/1449459802959073283?t=110ydpFSAbv3tsBEMjfJvQ&s=19

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Catwoman as Lupin the Third might be kind of fun.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Sanschel posted:

Yes, so did I.

Oh, TIL he had a costume!

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
.......wait did everyone else except for me already know that Miguel from Cobra Kai had already been cast as Jaime Reyes??

I haven't been keeping up with this movie very well :sweatdrop:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Hope this means Jaime plays MTG in the movie.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
ugh why I thought we were done with the delays

https://twitter.com/adambvary/status/1450119645957025794
https://twitter.com/TheEricGoldman/status/1450121766995587072

Barry Convex fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Oct 18, 2021

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Maybe they realized it was weird to oversaturate Doctor Strange in a four month period between No Way Home and Multiverse of Madness

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Arist posted:

Maybe they realized it was weird to oversaturate Doctor Strange in a four month period between No Way Home and Multiverse of Madness

my first guess upon hearing the news was that No Way Home was being delayed to March and taking Doctor Strange 2's date, but this doesn't appear to actually be the case. Deadline's story has this oddly worded paragraph that doesn't make things much clearer, maybe post-production delays?

https://deadline.com/2021/10/doctor-strange-2-thor-love-and-thunder-black-panther-wakanda-forever-release-date-changes-1234857549/

quote:

Exhibition, no need to be alarmed: This has nothing to do with a change in distribution strategy for these films, I’m informed. There’s no Disney+ theatrical day-and-date going on, nor are the Disney execs immediately concerned about the future of the global marketplace. It’s all on account of a domino effect that is going on with production and filmmakers. Some titles are contending with finishing scenarios while others are in production. This is how Disney is solving it, and when you come to think of it, most of the dates were already reserved by the studio for Marvel fare; they’re just moving one title from one slot to the next. Even better, the new Indiana Jones movie which was sitting on the same release date as Warner Bros./DC’s Black Adam next year, on July 29, 2022; that sequel starring Chris Pratt now moves to June 30, 2023; Independence Day, weekend where Universal already has an untitled Illumination movie.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Wait they made a Bob's Burgers movie?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Wait, No Way Home got delayed?

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

Wait, No Way Home got delayed?

no, that was just my guess when I first heard the Disney news. It's still possible that NWH could get delayed, but I think Sony would have coordinated with Disney to announce the delay around the same time if it was happening

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

bunnyofdoom posted:

Wait they made a Bob's Burgers movie?

they announced it four years ago! though it's been delayed multiple times due to COVID (was originally scheduled for July 2020).

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Barry Convex posted:

no, that was just my guess when I first heard the Disney news. It's still possible that NWH could get delayed, but I think Sony would have coordinated with Disney to announce the delay around the same time if it was happening

NWH is their big Christmas movie so I doubt they'll change the date.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Lobok posted:

He's getting pretty Warlock-y

Somehow I doubt he's going to grow out Farrah Fawcett hair to complete the classic look but who knows.

Just put a wig on him

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Desperado Bones posted:

NWH is their big Christmas movie so I doubt they'll change the date.

I agree it does seem unlikely at this point, but it's a crazy time for moviegoing so I just wouldn't definitively rule it out quite yet

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

gently caress they're cancelling Untitled Disney Live Action!? I was looking forward to that one!!

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

Endless Mike posted:

gently caress they're cancelling Untitled Disney Live Action!? I was looking forward to that one!!

I guess they're more willing to move some things to Disney + shows, so borderline characters would get a show rather than a movie.

Either that, or they realized no one would watch a Crossbones movie about what he did between Winter Soldier and Civil War.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The delays are caused by No Way Home needing extra post-production time to CGI Michael Cera over Tobey Maguire.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

the reporting from other trades makes it clearer; apparently there were (post-?) production delays on one or more upcoming Marvel Studios projects, resulting in a domino effect on the rest of the slate. though Doctor Strange and Thor are already in post-production so maybe it's extensive reshoots, IDK

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
This is probably a big deal with production and distribution and scheduling but...I can't imagine this really affecting anyone's life? Who seriously remembers all these release dates anyway and had been planning their year(s) around it?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Barry Convex posted:

the reporting from other trades makes it clearer; apparently there were (post-?) production delays on one or more upcoming Marvel Studios projects, resulting in a domino effect on the rest of the slate. though Doctor Strange and Thor are already in post-production so maybe it's extensive reshoots, IDK
They're digitally removing Leticia Wright from Black Panther 2

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

They are going to pull an Army of the Dead and just insert a new scenes with a new surprise actress.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Desperado Bones posted:

They are going to pull an Army of the Dead and just insert a new scenes with a new surprise actress.

The one scenario in which Tig Notaro probably would not be an appropriate choice, unfortunately

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

The two removed movies were Eternals 2 and 3, this is the result of Eternals killing the MCU so hard that it did it before it even came out. I am the internet.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

No need, they just have to activate our Bill Gates brain chips and erase our memories of her scenes in realtime.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Arist posted:

The one scenario in which Tig Notaro probably would not be an appropriate choice, unfortunately

Yeah. I still think the character Shuri is done and gone from the franchise. Probably.
And I doubt they will risk to do another move like with Terrence Howard.

But the big question is...if Tig Notaro could play a MCU character which one could it be?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
iron man

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Desperado Bones posted:

Yeah. I still think the character Shuri is done and gone from the franchise. Probably.
And I doubt they will risk to do another move like with Terrence Howard.

But the big question is...if Tig Notaro could play a MCU character which one could it be?

Abigail Brand, please and thank you.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

theironjef posted:

The two removed movies were Eternals 2 and 3, this is the result of Eternals killing the MCU so hard that it did it before it even came out. I am the internet.

It's all the fault of that dastardly Brie Larson.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I saw people freaking out about all the delays but it looks like everything was literally pushed back like two months, who cares

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
The only thing that bothers me about these delays is it probably means even longer until F4 or X-Men show up, and while I continue to enjoy Marvel movies, those two batches of characters are what I'm capital L Looking forward to next

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I saw people freaking out about all the delays but it looks like everything was literally pushed back like two months, who cares

Yeah don't they do this kinda shuffle every phase?

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Desperado Bones posted:

Phyla-Vell

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

this is funny but I also can't rule it out at this point

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1450202814592937991

OKAY
I need fan speculations! Pronto!

I'll start and get it out of the way: We see a cameo of Mephisto!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

This is honestly kind of lovely to me but at the same time hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Desperado Bones posted:

https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1450202814592937991

OKAY
I need fan speculations! Pronto!

I'll start and get it out of the way: We see a cameo of Mephisto!

And he's played by John Krasinski!