Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I scored an OLED Switch early this AM, and I’m looking forward to playing some N64 games on it. Thank you Nintendo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

NienNunb posted:

The PSX had some of possibly the worst graphics I’ve ever seen games have. You also can’t play Mario games on it.

mega man legends still looks great tbqh

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i couldn't remember this character and looked it up and i had completely forgotten that daisy was born from a egg

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

b_d posted:

i couldn't remember this character and looked it up and i had completely forgotten that daisy was born from a egg

I've forgotten so much of this movie but for some reason the scene I have seared into my brain is the insane old lady who mugs the heroes out of nowhere shouting "I NEED KOOPA COINS"

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Augus posted:

mega man legends still looks great tbqh

that's on the N64 too, weirdly. I don't know how the port plays, though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

man nurse posted:

I scored an OLED Switch early this AM, and I’m looking forward to playing some N64 games on it. Thank you Nintendo.

I want one for SMTV. Can you transfer everything (saves and downloads and such) from a old switch to a new one

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

In Training posted:

I want one for SMTV. Can you transfer everything (saves and downloads and such) from a old switch to a new one

The transfer is pretty easy, you just do it from the system menu, with your old Switch as the "source" and your new one as the "target".

It does the entire process in like 20 minutes, but it does not transfer your games. You have to re-download them in the e-shop which is kind of annoying but there's a "re-download" section so you'll see everything you bought.

edit: All your saves will transfer except Animal Crossing and Pokemon. You need a special app to transfer AC and Pokemon saves.

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Oct 18, 2021

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Can you just move all your games to an SD card and move that over? I managed to snag an OLED this morning but haven’t gone to pick it up yet, I moved all my games and captures and stuff to an SD card hoping I could just make the swap but I’ve never tried it before

I did a check and most saves seem to be cloud-based, and think most demos, Pokemon Sword, and Daemon X Machina are the only games I own that don’t do cloud saves

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Pretty sure most saves are cloud based if you pay for the online service. I haven’t swapped Switches, but have swapped SD cards and I just saved the old SD card on my computer and transferred it over to a new SD card.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i think i heard the save files are encrypted such that they won't work on another switch. copying them and using them on the same switch is fine as herculon says but they can't be transferred like that.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

b_d posted:

i think i heard the save files are encrypted such that they won't work on another switch. copying them and using them on the same switch is fine as herculon says but they can't be transferred like that.

someone please figure out a way i can pirate just a save file for the kingdom hearts rhythm game to unlock the song in smash

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Can you just move all your games to an SD card and move that over?

Nope, if you do that it just tells you it can't use the sd card until it's formatted since it was used for another switch.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Is there no system transfer function like the 3DS?

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Buy a new Switch and you get to play all your games all over again. Thank you Nintendo

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Is there no system transfer function like the 3DS?

there is

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

yeah

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27394/~/how-to-transfer-user-and-save-data

que sera sera fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Oct 18, 2021

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I got a switch oled solely to play 1st party games and those games with friends (Also thinking of some things that wouldn't be hindered too graphically by switch and good for undocked like phoenix wright) . What are must have switch games besides the obvious? All I have right now is a eBaseball Professional Yakyuu Spirits 2021: Grand Slam cartridge lol (the game is actually sick). Oh yea Walmart delayed my shipment by one week and when I called to enquire they took $70 off ftw.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Oct 19, 2021

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Mario

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Seltzer posted:

I got a switch oled solely to play 1st party games and those games with friends (Also thinking of some things that wouldn't be hindered too graphically by switch and good for undocked like phoenix wright) . What are must have switch games besides the obvious? All I have right now is a eBaseball Professional Yakyuu Spirits 2021: Grand Slam cartridge lol (the game is actually sick). Oh yea Walmart delayed my shipment by one week and when I called to enquire they took $70 off ftw.

what

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

zelda

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

lmao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lol

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Seltzer posted:

eBaseball Professional Yakyuu Spirits 2021: Grand Slam

not falling for this, you totally made that up just now

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Lol

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Definitely pick up eBaseball Professional Yakyuu Spirits 2021: Grand Slam, it's easily the best sports game since the Ken Griffey Jr. era

edit: misread, sorry

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Oh yea shelley duvall ftw.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Definitely pick up eBaseball Professional Yakyuu Spirits 2021: Grand Slam, it's easily the best sports game since the Ken Griffey Jr. era

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

you should get Halo

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

So bored... wish I had a new Switch game to play

Yes! Scored a copy of eBaseball Professional Yakyuu Spirits 2021: Grand Slam from the local import shop!

...What was that, Mr. Data?

Captain, it is a Nintendo Switch cartridge. The game is, as Wesley would say, "actually sick".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

So bored... wish I had a new Switch game to play

Yes! Scored a copy of eBaseball Professional Yakyuu Spirits 2021: Grand Slam from the local import shop!

...What was that, Mr. Data?

Captain, it is a Nintendo Switch cartridge. The game is, as Wesley would say, "actually sick".

lmfao