Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

We're finally getting the bathrobed Beyonder I always wanted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

BrianWilly posted:

This is probably a big deal with production and distribution and scheduling but...I can't imagine this really affecting anyone's life? Who seriously remembers all these release dates anyway and had been planning their year(s) around it?

I've got a friend who's a HUGE Indiana Jones fan, so he was really disappointed to see it pushed back a year.

He's also a massive Bond fan, so in terms of his favorite film series, it hasn't been a good time for him lately in terms of release dates.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I can't imagine there's any chance that Indy 5 is any good

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

FlamingLiberal posted:

We're finally getting the bathrobed Beyonder I always wanted

But first we need to see this costume in live action:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

I can't imagine there's any chance that Indy 5 is any good

I mean, Mangold pulled it off with Logan, but I don't see Indy 5 being a meditation on Henry Jones Jr as both an ageing mortal man and the pain of falling short of your own legend.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The big problem with doing an Indy movie now is that Harrison Ford is 79 goddamn years old. Here's a fun fact, when Last Crusade came out Sean Connery was 59 years old, which is the same age that Tom Cruise is now.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Tom cruise is in shape and is a psychopath in the most literal sense of the word and will insist on doing the most dangerous stunts ever performed himself though

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

site posted:

Tom cruise is in shape and is a psychopath in the most literal sense of the word and will insist on doing the most dangerous stunts ever performed himself though

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Desperado Bones posted:

But first we need to see this costume in live action:

I mean we sorta did

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

wow i guess covid hasn't done anyone favors huh

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I don’t give two shits how old Harrison Ford is, I will continue to watch that grumpy motherfucker play Han and Indy until he’s nothing but dust and I will love it every time.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Arist posted:

This is honestly kind of lovely to me but at the same time hilarious

They didn’t do that for Guardians either. The last Marvel movie that was predicted to be their first bomb. Hopefully I’ll be able to get into a preview screening for Eternals, so I can slap down some more doomsaying.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Desperado Bones posted:

https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1450202814592937991

OKAY
I need fan speculations! Pronto!

I'll start and get it out of the way: We see a cameo of Mephisto!

Wasn’t the last time that happened literally all the way back in 2008 with Iron Man?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Desperado Bones posted:

https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1450202814592937991

OKAY
I need fan speculations! Pronto!

I'll start and get it out of the way: We see a cameo of Mephisto!

fantastic four

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

site posted:

wow i guess covid hasn't done anyone favors huh

That's not covid, it's Cruise channeling the thetans to make the Giants lose.

It worked, too.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Now I think about it, it’s probably mutants, right?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

site posted:

fantastic four

Adult Franklin Richards with Valeria calling Galactus as his herald

Actually adult Franklin and Valeria’s adventures seem like they would make a great series to write and I’m surprised it hasn’t happened

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

site posted:

fantastic four

Maybe not the FF themselves but the Eternals dealing with space gods does set things up pretty nicely for a stinger about Galactus. Maybe just show his big ol hat in silhouette.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Not gonna get hyped up for a post-credits scene only for it to be some quick gag with Nanjiani and Madden eating Flaming Hot Cheetos or something.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Something Fantastic Four-related is the safest bet, I think. I don't think Marvel would've hidden it from the press if it weren't a huge reveal.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

You're right. It will be the Human Torch, who goes yeeeouch! These Flaming Hot Cheetos are even too hot for me!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

JordanKai posted:

Something Fantastic Four-related is the safest bet, I think. I don't think Marvel would've hidden it from the press if it weren't a huge reveal.
I still think mutants.

FF has already been announced, but Marvel Studios has said almost nothing about what they plan to do with the X-Men stuff.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Lobok posted:

You're right. It will be the Human Torch, who goes yeeeouch! These Flaming Hot Cheetos are even too hot for me!

You know, except for the Burger King stuff in Iron Man 1 (which wasn't even a Disney movie), the product placement has been pretty tolerable. There was that and what, Ant Man working at a Dairy Queen? Parker using a SONY laptop and or using other SONY equipment?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The scene is being reported by all fan sites if you're out there.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Not to be vague on main but I don't think the spoiler that the fan sites are talking about is the the post-credit thing that was cut. I mean, how would the fan sites have seen the post-credit scene if it was cut, after all? As far as I can tell, the spoiler that's making the rounds seems to be from the main film itself.

Ahh wait nevermind disregard this, I seem to be very wrong here. Or I might be right! We don't know yet!

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Oct 19, 2021

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

CzarChasm posted:

You know, except for the Burger King stuff in Iron Man 1 (which wasn't even a Disney movie), the product placement has been pretty tolerable. There was that and what, Ant Man working at a Dairy Queen? Parker using a SONY laptop and or using other SONY equipment?

There has been a fuckton of car brands placement. Those I notice right away and do annoy me a lot. Worst one was in Infinity War lol

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CzarChasm posted:

It's a Baskin Robbins, and they're lovely and fire him for being an ex-con.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Dairy Queen was GotG2, and the DQ and everyone inside it were annihilated by Ego so not great product placement.

Apparently that one had more to do with James Gunn wanting a chain with an iconic 70's retro logo to use for period effect, like the Blockbuster in Captain Marvel, than DQ's desire to advertise.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

The Burger King thing might've been intentional by RDJ, since a lovely Burger King burger was the final straw that convinced him to get clean.

GotG2 had Dairy Queen and also Zune (lol?)

In the hellworld of capitalism, I don't mind product placement unless they call specific attention to it like the god damned Reebok's in I, Robot or the SD card in Transformers. These places exist and using fake search engines or businesses pull me out of the movie; exceptions are when they're the focus of the movie like Clerks 2.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

CzarChasm posted:

In one of the movies, Tony Stark is using some phone exclusive to China.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The Zune was a good bit

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Black Widow having a Windows Phone got a laugh from me, it also helped place the movie as taking place in 2016/17ish.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Veotax posted:

Black Widow having a Windows Phone got a laugh from me, it also helped place the movie as taking place in 2016/17ish.

I miss my Windows phone :(

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

gently caress you guys I loved Zune

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Speaking of the devil... (not a product placement per se, but still)
https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1450461742937554960?t=PDt70ox9aSlrSWKSOMX_Eg&s=19

So MCU is good at making car sales numbers go up?

There was also a toyota ad for the What if cartoon lol

And there's that other ad where Loki drives a car/van lmao that one had me in stitches cuz it was so ridiculous.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

There was some superhero movie where everybody was using like a Samsung handcam despite everybody else on the planet would just use their phone.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L48IkFF5BhM

Reminds me of the 90s and all the movie tie ins. :lol:

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Vintersorg posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L48IkFF5BhM

Reminds me of the 90s and all the movie tie ins. :lol:

:lol: HAHAHAHA
jesuschrist lmao

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

FlamingLiberal posted:

I still think mutants.

FF has already been announced, but Marvel Studios has said almost nothing about what they plan to do with the X-Men stuff.

I'm leaning that way too given the last trailer; that convergence stuff sounds exactly like the post House of M bit with all the mutant powers returning.

That or they start hyping up Kang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1450149277733474309
:lol:
Having read the spoilers for Eternals on reddit I think it sounds good; people get too wound up over spoilers