Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Wow full thread death.

Here's something to lmao at in a few months

https://twitter.com/abcnews/status/1450368222696382467?t=Ir0caUxXXOC_fSivs3rxaA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

I'm lmaoing already at how pleased that guy looks

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
How over is COVID in everyone’s state and/or country today?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Thoguh posted:

im in idaho so what's covid?

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

At least your smooth brained compatriots are getting vaxxed
https://twitter.com/newscientist/status/1450378065738182665?t=9_oZdZ5QnbHm-sPikyU8WQ&s=19

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Thoguh posted:

Did it ever exist? Do not see any signs of it having existed.

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

Smythe posted:

im tired of covid. it can go away now. thank u :angel:

Don't like this post

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Koirhor posted:

bad flus in the summer time? do you get tested for influenza to confirm that diagnosis because it’s probably just a bad cold. Also lmao at anyone catching the flu if you are taking covid precautions, flu is Krillin vs Perfect Cell levels of contagious

This was pre-covid. I haven't gotten sick these past 2 years. You can get the flu shot every 6 months so why not?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Thoguh posted:

Here in Melbourne Australia they're counting down the hours until we open up and people can flood back into bars and pubs

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Colleague apparently tested negative herself, so that's cool. Her pozzed kid is asymptomatic. Also learned the husband is on waiting list for a new heart. I'd be losing my loving mind. Moreso.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
today, you are breathing

and Colin Powell is not

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Irish government just had a big meeting with advisers and now from Friday you can go to a gig but you have to sit down, go to a pub where you have to get table service, or go to a club where you can dance, but you have to wear a mask unless you're drinking or dancing or eating. So I guess wear a mask when you go to take a piss, unless you take your drink with you? Also there will be social distancing but not necessarily capacity restrictions... The virus was unavailable for comment at this time.

Also the vaccine certs will be checked but it's not clear if that will be policed in any way.

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

Thoguh posted:

finland opened up completely on monday because we have whole of 74% of over 12 population vaccinated. absolutely no precautions are needed anymore. meanwhile the cases just keep going up and hospitals are crying.

the rest of eu just deemed us a travel risk :rubby:

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/travisallen02/status/1450146047725080577?s=21

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Risutora posted:

finland opened up completely on monday because we have whole of 74% of over 12 population vaccinated. absolutely no precautions are needed anymore. meanwhile the cases just keep going up and hospitals are crying.

Well you can't live in fear, you have to wave your arms around and make yourself seem larger and the covid will get startled and back down

Yes yes, the perfect time to drop NPIs and open up
:hmmyes:

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I want to respond to all the Aus and NZ posts with the "yes honey" Wojak

Australia genuinely has no idea how good we've had it so far
:negative:

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Oct 19, 2021

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

gently caress Rolo

Edit: I just never liked that guy but I guess he was better than Norm Chow when he was at UH

Greg Legg fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Oct 19, 2021

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

the june finland spike is because of couple of busloads of football fans from all over the country went to russia to see a match

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
HHS DATA

So many people have died that all ICU occupancy levels are below 90%

Alaska is tracking up over the past 5 days (87%)
Rhode Island is tracking up over the past 5 days (84%)
Nevada: Matched October high of 86%

Lots of states remaining steady.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Steve Yun posted:

yeah, didn’t somebody in Australia get infected by walking past somebody

edit: lol it was pre-delta

You sure that was pre Delta?

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
One thing I have realized recently is that I have always accepted some amount of lovely sickness as more or less collateral damage from eating in restaurants, drinking in bars and playing poker or Magic in public through the winter months.

A lot of this could be easily eliminated if people would abstain from such activities if they felt at all sick and adopted basic protocols around NPIs in cold season, but I don't see either of those things happening in the US.

However, if there's one thing I've enjoyed about COVID times, it's the near total lack of sickness I have experienced. The idea of being in public somewhere ever again and seeing some rear end in a top hat with a runny nose sneeze into his pint glass, and resisting the urge to run over and shake them and yell WHY AREN'T YOU AT HOME EATING SOUP, becomes harder to swallow the longer this goes on. I dunno if that's a :crackping: but it might be the start of one.

Being a hermit also hasn't been that bad??

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist
My dentist and their whole staff are booster bandits. North Delaware if of interest :-)

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

Cabbages and Kings posted:

One thing I have realized recently is that I have always accepted some amount of lovely sickness as more or less collateral damage from eating in restaurants, drinking in bars and playing poker or Magic in public through the winter months.

A lot of this could be easily eliminated if people would abstain from such activities if they felt at all sick and adopted basic protocols around NPIs in cold season, but I don't see either of those things happening in the US.

However, if there's one thing I've enjoyed about COVID times, it's the near total lack of sickness I have experienced. The idea of being in public somewhere ever again and seeing some rear end in a top hat with a runny nose sneeze into his pint glass, and resisting the urge to run over and shake them and yell WHY AREN'T YOU AT HOME EATING SOUP, becomes harder to swallow the longer this goes on. I dunno if that's a :crackping: but it might be the start of one.

It really lays bare how empty our lives are, that it's unthinkable to inconvenience yourself even slightly to save others from infection

I've been social distancing since before Covid so it hasn't been hard on me outside of seeing the few people I keep in contact with reacting to this whole thing in the stupidest loving way possible

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
so much of that disease transmission is from the office where steve comes in with "just a cough" and paws all the cookies that lucy put in the kitchen

Testvan
Nov 10, 2003

Pillowpants posted:

HHS DATA

So many people have died that all ICU occupancy levels are below 90%

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1450242970058469379

lol lmao

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Thoguh posted:

Well, given that every training I've attended since working in this position began with "Do you folks mind if I take my mask off so I don't have to yell?" I guess it's pretty over here in Northeast Ohio.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Oof I feel like I got punched in the arm as hard as possible. Reaction thus far is more comparable to Shot #1, I barely felt Shot #2.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

mastershakeman posted:

You sure that was pre Delta?

No, the data in that able regarding transmission times vs. masks worn is pre-Delta. That Australia story was definitely Delta.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
The Australia story remains concerning but I feel like it was a one in a million thing given how many thousands of other cases where people were exposed but didn’t get sick because it was brief, like the guy coughed directly in to the other guys mouth or something.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Flu vaccine on board

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/IddocYogiraj/status/1442151817345855499

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Cabbages and Kings posted:

Yeah it really lays out a clear path for why introverts are still around. I've always loved the excuse to skip something because I'm sick. I mean, I enjoy going out usually once I'm out there, but the times when I'm like "Hell yeah, I can't wait to go out!" are extremely rare.

That there are people who want to power through an illness to go do something they think is fun isn't hugely surprising. The amount of people who don't jump at the slightest little sniffle as an excuse to skip work (when they actually have PTO) absolutely baffles me.

Although I have to admit I did frequently power through a cold at work because I knew I was going to be miserable at work anyway, so may as well save the "sick" day for something fun. A lot of that is because of the laughably lovely vacation time off we get here in the U.S. (again, for those lucky enough to have it in the first place) though.

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Forgive my ignorance, but why are they standing around in the water? Is this a traditional way of birthing or something and newborns are immediately vaxxed?

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Forseti posted:

Forgive my ignorance, but why are they standing around in the water? Is this a traditional way of birthing or something and newborns are immediately vaxxed?

water births are common throughout the world, yes

you can rent a birthing tub for your home if you would like a similar experience with less potential pathogens

but uh, that's a picture of a flood

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Forseti posted:

It's a flood, and they're still getting their baby vaxxed. Meanwhile Karen refuses to drive down to CVS

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Forseti posted:

https://twitter.com/IddocYogiraj/status/1442311026343440385

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

a million deaths, safely

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

a million deaths, safely

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

fosborb posted:

water births are common throughout the world, yes

you can rent a birthing tub for your home if you would like a similar experience with less potential pathogens

but uh, that's a picture of a flood

Oh ok, I mistook "waterlogged zones" when I looked up the Sunderbans and learned that it's a mangrove

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

mod sassinator posted:

this is just a historic, empire ending disaster

Neither the Antonine plague nor the plague of Justinian ended the empire, despite being far more lethal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
That's a great way to carry a baby in a flood. Respect.