Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

the sex ghost posted:

Many fun days out at lightwater valley and then a kid died on one of the rides and they replaced everything with nanny state 'safe' rides. Hopefully the Saudis will fix this as well

did a kid actually die on the rides or is this an urban myth. i went there a couple of times i guess before they ruined it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

the sex ghost posted:

Many fun days out at lightwater valley and then a kid died on one of the rides and they replaced everything with nanny state 'safe' rides. Hopefully the Saudis will fix this as well

they could probably get a good deal on that waterslide that decapitates people

fun for both kids and for people who request basic human rights

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

did a kid actually die on the rides or is this an urban myth. i went there a couple of times i guess before they ruined it

Seems so http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/1400470.stm

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Seems to basically be the Yorkshire equivalent to the infamous Action Park:

https://youtu.be/c9TACAdTiCc

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Don't Leeds players run more distance than any team in the Premiership by some ridiculous margin? ISTR a chart towards the end of last season suggesting it was almost double what some teams were doing.

Yeah and they did it clean, probably shortened their careers by a few years. We need a blood spinning machine like the big clubs have.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Did that actually ever get banned?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1450001254239850499

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

do footballers have their own "camps" now, or does that mean he did the finger-wag thing at him

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

otoh i appreciate that it's just the new journo version of "sources close to Steven Gerrard", which is code for "I called Steven Gerrard and listened to him give out for an hour, but I can't put his name to it"

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

They have camps in the sense that they will have agents, PR managers etc

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Coutinho had an entourage

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Bape Culture posted:

Also WhAts the deal with that woman who fronts the Newcastle Arabs?
She’s a languages uni drop out who now controls a company worth hundreds of millions. It makes no sense.

She arranged for an investment in Barclays during the financial crisis from either the Emiratis so she’s got some experience bailing out storied British institutions

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
Can you blame her? These Gulf magnates look proper dapper.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
https://twitter.com/GashB76/status/1449854312549699588

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

:gonk:

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

TitusGroen
Sep 30, 2021

In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Teeth are overrated. Ask anyone from Kentucky.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Newcastle should be fined and docked points every time it’s legion of buffoonish fans dress up as a cartoon Arab.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58920229

The other clubs are trying to ban Newcastle from getting any money.

Manchester United standing firm and principled against the idea of teams being able to buy success.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/tariqpanja/status/1450205568640110596

:monocle:

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
glad we're focusing on what really matters here and not the fact NUFC is now de facto chaired by a literal murderer

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I thought he just ordered it.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

bewbies posted:

glad we're focusing on what really matters here and not the fact NUFC is now de facto chaired by a literal murderer

:qq:

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

bewbies posted:

The genocidaires creating fake endorsements to inject money into their PR stunt is a little more relevant to the premier league tbf.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

tetsuo posted:

gretchen. stop trying to make genocidaires happen. it's not going to happen.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

It’s a very convenient way to refer to people directly responsible for genocide OP

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

hadji murad posted:

I thought he just ordered it.

Ethically (and legally in most of the world) ordering a murder makes you a murderer.

Also stop falling for the media bubble framing of exactly *why* MBS is a oval office. Murdering Khashoggi was bad, of course, but we're 7 years into a war where the Saudis have deliberately targeted schools, hospitals, and refugee camps and have repeatedly used hunger as a weapon against the civilian population. At least 10,000 civilians have died as a result of this but none of them went to the right dinner parties so nobody gave a poo poo.

(And yes, I *do* put the half-million+ deaths in Iran and Afghanistan directly at the feet of Western leadership and think we should be international pariahs too).

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
These are all excellent points but on the other hand: expensive new signing score goal

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

blue footed boobie posted:

It’s a very convenient way to refer to people directly responsible for genocide OP

just use genociders or go maximum pretentious and say genocidoise

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Ethically (and legally in most of the world) ordering a murder makes you a murderer.

Also stop falling for the media bubble framing of exactly *why* MBS is a oval office. Murdering Khashoggi was bad, of course, but we're 7 years into a war where the Saudis have deliberately targeted schools, hospitals, and refugee camps and have repeatedly used hunger as a weapon against the civilian population. At least 10,000 civilians have died as a result of this but none of them went to the right dinner parties so nobody gave a poo poo.

(And yes, I *do* put the half-million+ deaths in Iran and Afghanistan directly at the feet of Western leadership and think we should be international pariahs too).

The British government sends top paedos like Prince Andrew to help negotiate arms sales to these exact people and that’s nothing compared to what America facilitates.

The leadership of Saudi Arabia is reprehensible but people sure like to draw the line that was previously ignored when it comes to their involvement.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
This is all cool and good but I'm receiving word that Bruce has been told he's out. Hopefully official within the hour.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
This is my shocked face

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

tetsuo posted:

This is all cool and good but I'm receiving word that Bruce has been told he's out. Hopefully official within the hour.

https://twitter.com/terryfuck45/status/1449798212689203207

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Oh word?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

YES

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

No one loving cares about moral corruption in football I just want to watch a man and or woman put a ball in a facking goal, unless it's against my team.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

I will laugh forever if City have to get real sponsors and go back to League One purely to sabotage any chance of Newcastle not being poo poo and fail

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

this would be extremely good if it became permanent

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Blinkz0rz posted:

this would be extremely good if it became permanent

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Murder and genocide is deplorable but the season is far from over.