Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

There are 3-4 per type. The two recipes you have initially, plus one from Inazuma and (for claymore/catalyst/spear) one from Dragonspine.
Some are better than others, and some are niche for specific characters.
The craftable Whiteblind is the best non-5* non-battlepass weapon for Noelle (and later Itto), Iron Sting is the best 4* for Kazuha and Anemo MC due to its juicy EM, Prototype Archaic is a great all-around weapon...
The bows and catalysts aren't amazing though. At least the dragonspine catalyst has an attack substat but its passive is pretty weak.

Prototype Amber is pmuch BiS for Kokomi with the upcoming artifact set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Review of every craftable weapon from the pespective of someone who is currently F2P but is considering buying the battle pass, and has literally no 4* weapons.

Claymores:
Whiteblind: A DEF substat weapon with average base ATK. pretty decent passive that gives you ATK and DEF whenever an attack lands. Only useful on Noelle, but outclassed by Serpent Spine. Will probably be good on Itto, also, and given the direction they're going with Geo, likely any other Geo claymore. Also passable on Xinyan if you're using her mostly for her shield. 3/10 priority, but 8/10 priority if you're using Noelle and don't buy the battle pass.

Prototype Archaic: The generic ATK statstick for Claymores with a passive that just slaps on an extra hit of phys dmg every now and then. Pretty average, as there's a lot of much better claymores available from the gacha/events. For instance, the Sea Lord from the recent Liyue event is an upgrade for every claymore unit but Razor, even ones that aren't especially burst focused like Diluc. However, it's perfectly serviceable if you're pure F2P, or if you're mostly F2P and don't have multiple serpent spines or good gacha weapons. 6/10 priority, 8/10 priority if you're focusing a claymore unit and are F2P.

Snow-Tombed Starsilver: A claymore with a physical DMG bonus and a passive that applies cryo and deals bonus damage to enemies already affected by cryo. It's basically designed for Eula, but it's only a slight upgrade over archaic for her. You also get a copy for free anyway, so there's no real need to craft it unless you really have nothing else to do with your billets, Eula is your hard carry, and you're F2P. So, like, 2-3/10.

Nagamasa: An Energy Recharge claymore with a passive that takes a bit of Energy when you use a skill but then regenerates more energy than it took. As such, it's designed for characters with high energy costs and long cooldowns on their bursts. Sayu. It's designed for Sayu. It's definitely Sayu's best F2P option by a mile, and it's one of the few claymores in the game that suit her, but at the moment it's pretty much locked purely to her, and it still outclassed by a gacha weapon, Sacrificial Greatsword. 2/10 priority, 9/10 priority if you're using Sayu and are F2P.

Overall: Archaic aside, all the claymores are extremely niche. And if you're focusing a claymore unit early game, I'd *really* recommend springing for the battle pass for a single month because Serpent Spine is broken. Archaic refinements don't really do much for it, though, so feel free to craft the others as a 'just in case' thing.

Spears:
Crescent Pike: A physical dmg spear with notably high attack and a passive that boosts basic attack damage whenever you grab an elemental orb. It's one of the best physical DPS spears in the game, the issue is the only Physical DPS spear people make much use of is Rosaria, and even then, she has better builds. Early on auto-attacking with her or Xiangling is pretty good, but it falls off a cliff around AR45. That said, if you are currently autoattacking with a spear unit for lack of better options, it's definitely worth using, and if they ever do make a viable physical DPS spear unit, it'll be great. It's also good if you do wanna make phys DPS Rosaria work. Soo, like, 4/10, 8/10 if you're early enough to be auto attacking with Xiangling or whoever.

Dragonspine Spear: It's basically Starsilver but for Spears. Yes, they made two physical dmg spears for some reason. It's attack is noticeably lower than Pike, but it has the same passive Starsilver does. Mostly outclassed in its role by Pike. Pretty sure Pike is better on phys Rosaria, and Cryo Rosaria has much better options than a spear that boosts Physical damage. Don't bother.

Prototype Starglitter: An Energy Recharge spear that increases normal attack damage after using a skill. It's the best craftable option for burst/skill focused spear units like Zhongli or Raiden, and it works okay on Xiao, but it's still a pretty mediocre weapon due to its effect not synergizing with its substat. Xiao's use of it is handicapped because he can't generate particles during his burst, so the Energy Recharge is a bit wasted on him, and Raiden's use of it is handicapped because her attacks during her burst aren't normal attacks, they're burst damage. It's 8/10 if you're early game and using one of them and are seriously F2P, but there's a better option available if you have access to Inazuma.

Kitain Cross Spear: The Spear equivalent of Nagamasa, but it has Elemental Mastery, not Recharge. It's okay on Xiangling and literally nobody else. This is not the better option, though notably at R5 it can outperform some gacha weapons for Xiangling. 2/10, 7/10 if you're using Xiangling.

Overall: The craftable spears are honestly hot garbage to the point that most units are better off just using 3* spears that take less resources to ascend and level. That said, special bonus round

The Catch: This doesn't use billets and you can only make it once you have fishing and Inazuma unlocked, but this blows every one of the craftable spears out of the water. It's an energy recharge spear with decent attack and a passive that increases Burst DMG and Crit Rate. It's one of the best weapons in the game for every spear unit but Xiao, F2P or otherwise, and I'd highly recommend beelining for it as soon as you have it available. Heck, if you have fishing but not Inazuma, pre-fish for it.

Overall part 2: Spears are another case where a single purchase of the Battle Pass can provide a lot of value, though of course it depends on if you have the Catch or not.

Swords:
Prototype Rancour: High attack, physical damage bonus, Whiteblind's passsive. It's a decent weapon on the Geo and Anemo traveler, and Keqing can make use of it. It's also okay on most sword units just due to its high attack stat, but its bonus being Physical Damage and not Attack holds it back a bit. Bennett notably makes use of it just due to his flat attack scalings. 8/10 priority, decent sword all around.

Iron Sting: Elemental Mastery sword with okay attack and a passive that increases all your damage whenever you deal Elemental damage. The damage boost is pretty low, though. It's okay on Kazuha, who benefits from Elemental Mastery like most Anemo units do, but outclassed by Rancour on most other units. If you're using two sword units and need another crafted weapon, I'd just recommend making a second Rancour. Kazuha also has a better F2P option. So 2/10.

Kageuchi: ATK% substat sword with a decent base attack and a passive that gives you back energy when you use your burst based on how many times you used your skill before you used your burst. A good weapon on anyone who focuses on their skill/burst over standing around autoattacking, though Bennett still prefers Rancour due to its higher base attack and him not really needing the energy. 6/10 priority, another decent sword, value goes up if you're using Kazuha, Xingqui, Jean, etc.

Overall: Rancour and Kageuchi basically fill the two sides of the sword unit spectrum, there's few units in the game who can't make do with either of them. The battle pass Sword, Black Sword, is also fairly niche, with only Keqing making much use of it at the moment. You'll probably have to craft multiple rancours/Kageuchis if you're making use of multiple sword units, but you can definitely get by with just them. There's also some okay 3* swords.

Bows:
Compound Bow: A Physical DMG Bonus bow with a passive that increases ATK and ATK speed whenever you land a normal or charged shot. Suffers from low base attack. As such, no bow unit in the game really wants it at the moment, even on the on-field carries who are autoattacking a lot.

Prototype Crescent: Atk% substat and decent base attack, with a passive that gives a huge ATK% bonus whenever you land a charged shot on a weak point. It requires some finangling to make full use of, but it's a great F2P option for almost every bow unit in the game. 8/10 priority, another one you might make multiples of if you're committed to being F2P.

Hamayumi: An ATK% substat bow with lower base attack than Crescent, and a passive that gives bonus normal and charged attack damage that increases when your burst gauge is full. Due to its lower base attack its outclassed by Crescent on most bow units, unless you really hate aiming for weak points, and its passive can conflict with some characters and artifact sets. 4/10 priority, 6/10 if you really, really hate aiming for weak points.

Overall: Crescent is the only one that stands out that much, but it's a pretty solid weapon. The BP bow, Viridescent Hunt, also has a fairly niche passive that only Childe really benefits from. There's also some okay 3* bows. A similar situation to Swords.

Catalysts:

Prototype Amber: Decent attack, HP% substat, and a passive that regenerates energy and heals the party whenever you use a burst. Very good on Kokomi and will get even better with the upcoming artifact set, but every other catalyst healer switches out after bursting, and the extra healing is often overkill. 2/10, 9/10 if you have Kokomi.

Frostbearer: Part of the Starsilver/Dragonspine family, but its passive is ATK% and not physical damage, since Catalyst basic attacks are elemental. Passable on Ninguang, but outclassed by another craftable weapon for most characters. 1/10.

Mappa Mare: A high attack weapon with an Elemental Mastery substat and a passive that gives bonus Elemental Damage whenever you cause a reaction. Decent on most DPS catalysts, though Ninguang doesn't want it. 5/10, 7/10 if you're using Klee, Yanfei, or Lisa.

Hakushin Ring: High attack and an Energy Recharge substat, with a passive that gives allies an elemental damage bonus of their element type when they help the catalyst user cause a reaction. Designed for Kokomi, but outclassed by Prototype Amber. 1/10.

Overall: Mappa Mare is alright, but catalyst users aren't exactly served well by their crafted weapons. However, they make up for it with strong 3* weapons. Specifically Magic Guide, which has a higher EM substat than Mappa Mare and thus is quite good on Sucrose, and Thrilling Tales of Dragon Slayers, which gives a massive attack boost to whoever you switch to from the catalyst user, and thus is Best in Slot on most support catalysts to the point you might want two R5 copies.

The battle pass Catalyst, Solar Pearl, is quite good on carry Catalysts, but serves no real purpose for support catalysts, and thus can be skipped unless you're focused on using Yanfei, Ninguang, or Klee. Or Lisa, I guess. Kokomi does not want it due to its crit rate substat.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Oct 19, 2021

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Sleeping on Hakushin Ring for Ningguang in the future tri-Geo team that runs Raiden

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Hakushin does feel like one that could be good in the future. Billets have no value outside crafting and you aren't losing out on that much weapon EXP materials by crafting them, so I am slowly amassing a collection of R5 of every craftable weapon Just Because. That's just me, though.

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013
I found myself pleasantly surprised by Prototype Amber myself. I have an overworld/domain team of Ayaka/Mona/Chongyun/Sayu, and Sayu isn't quite cutting it as the team healer, so the Prototype Amber on Mona helps to patch up everyone and feed energy to Ayaka. Mona is only lvl 60/70 and has random crap for artifacts, so she isn't doing much damage anyway.

It's admittedly a niche option, but if you have a low level catalyst user you want to drag along for friendship XP or resonance, Prototype Amber is a great choice.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
you can also just hang on to the billets if you're not in desperate need for a weapon, eventually we'll get more weapons to craft and then you may regret making something

but if you DO need a weapon and you dont intend to roll gacha or buy a BP, then go for it. don't hamstring yourself by staying on a 3* weapon just because you dont have an optimal 4* weapon

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Endorph posted:

Review of every craftable weapon from the pespective of someone who is currently F2P but is considering buying the battle pass, and has literally no 4* weapons.

It took me way too long to figure out that this was just a hypothetical and you haven't actually managed to somehow dodge 4* weapons forever.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

gandlethorpe posted:

tri-Geo team that runs Raiden

:eyepop:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cattail Prophet posted:

It took me way too long to figure out that this was just a hypothetical and you haven't actually managed to somehow dodge 4* weapons forever.

if it helps the only 5* weapon i have is skyward blade

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

lol, :same:

My gear situation is pretty dire.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'm decently far from f2p, and I have a grand total of 3 5 star weapons. Only 2 of which have homes. My skyward spine kinda drifts around. If I had fewer 4 star weapons, maybe it'd be a better option.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I have 2, and I rolled on weapon banner for one of them. Tbh if you buy BP the only standard 5 star weapons that make a big difference are PJWS for Xiao and amos for ganyu. The books arent far off from dodoco tales, the claymores arent far off from serpent spine (sometimes worse), the swords are basically just minor upgrades for bennett, harp is nice as an off field stat stick but wherever you care about its passive Rust performs very closely, skyward spine is very strange in how badly it interacts with the characters in game despite being fine on paper.

Despite this I really want another one ofc. My two orange weapons are lonely.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

I have 2, and I rolled on weapon banner for one of them. Tbh if you buy BP the only standard 5 star weapons that make a big difference are PJWS for Xiao and amos for ganyu. The books arent far off from dodoco tales, the claymores arent far off from serpent spine (sometimes worse), the swords are basically just minor upgrades for bennett, harp is nice as an off field stat stick but wherever you care about its passive Rust performs very closely, skyward spine is very strange in how badly it interacts with the characters in game despite being fine on paper.

Despite this I really want another one ofc. My two orange weapons are lonely.

Bosses need to drop billet troves. The 4* weapons aren't that good. The only billet catalyst I want is Prototype Amber for Kokomi and I have received TWO catalyst billets killing the bosses that drop them close to 200 times. I made the mistake of using my 2 free catalyst billets (sakura tree and souvenir shop) on Mappa Mare for Mona early on and so the best I can do now is an R2.

I've used both my troves clicking on them accidentally while clearing the other rewards like Abyss artifact rewards that the game puts right next to the billet. The way the PS5 does artifact prizes from abyss and a couple other things it's really easy to accidentally use a billet trove and accept the first weapon (sword). It's the same button to both use the trove and confirm the reward, and trying to select things on the PS5 is basically a game of darts and your controller is throwing the darts and your controller is drunk.

It's like the leylines on PS5, it's incredibly easy to use a condensed resin on a leyline, the button to open the leyline and loot it is the same button and it will activate while you are trying to loot dropped items much, much closer to you than the leyline because in Genshin Impact the location of objects exhibits quantum uncertainty within about a ten foot radius.

People are like 'Oh they're not rare, you have a 12% change to get one each boss' yeah but that builds a pool of 24 billets over 200 boss kills that is randomly distributed among 5 possible results. That's incredibly lovely in a game that depends on refines, Amber restores 50% more energy and heals 50% more damage at R5.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Also exiting the Abyss is the same as attack so if you're spamming NA on the last enemy, the nanosecond it dies the prompt appears for moving on to the next floor or leaving the abyss altogether and it'll take that button press just as quickly.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Skyward Blade from the standard banner was my only 5* weapon for a while until last week when I got Wolf's Gravestone. Luckily, I've gotten a ton of use out of it. No idea what my XQ would be doing without it since I still don't have Sac Sword.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Araganzar posted:

Bosses need to drop billet troves. The 4* weapons aren't that good. The only billet catalyst I want is Prototype Amber for Kokomi and I have received TWO catalyst billets killing the bosses that drop them close to 200 times. I made the mistake of using my 2 free catalyst billets (sakura tree and souvenir shop) on Mappa Mare for Mona early on and so the best I can do now is an R2.

I've used both my troves clicking on them accidentally while clearing the other rewards like Abyss artifact rewards that the game puts right next to the billet. The way the PS5 does artifact prizes from abyss and a couple other things it's really easy to accidentally use a billet trove and accept the first weapon (sword). It's the same button to both use the trove and confirm the reward, and trying to select things on the PS5 is basically a game of darts and your controller is throwing the darts and your controller is drunk.

It's like the leylines on PS5, it's incredibly easy to use a condensed resin on a leyline, the button to open the leyline and loot it is the same button and it will activate while you are trying to loot dropped items much, much closer to you than the leyline because in Genshin Impact the location of objects exhibits quantum uncertainty within about a ten foot radius.

People are like 'Oh they're not rare, you have a 12% change to get one each boss' yeah but that builds a pool of 24 billets over 200 boss kills that is randomly distributed among 5 possible results. That's incredibly lovely in a game that depends on refines, Amber restores 50% more energy and heals 50% more damage at R5.
"both" troves??? Did I miss something???

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Araganzar posted:

PA is still decent at that level but I'm definitely feeling the need for more.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I get that R5 prototypes are in the game but I don't get why it's a necessity to have them. My prototype weapons are all R1 (even the ones that get heavy use), I'll always have enough billets for everything forever with a ton left over, it just seems like a calmer way to play.

PA for example you're using 5x the prototypes to gain 6 more energy per burst compared to the base version which gives 12.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Oct 19, 2021

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

I get that R5 prototypes are in the game but I don't get why it's a necessity to have them. My prototype weapons are all R1, even the ones that get heavy use, I'll always have enough billets for everything forever with a ton left over, it just seems like a calmer way to play.

That, and new weapons are also always coming out. Unless you really need that extra refinement bonus or have a crapload of the relative billets, it's better to just let them sit at R1.

I say this as a guy with R5 prototype crescent, since Amos bow just never seems to come my way

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
Do 5* weapons only drop from the weapon banner, or is there a chance they drop from the normal and character banners?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

You can get them from standard banners but you cant get them from the character banners.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

super sweet best pal posted:

PA is still decent at that level but I'm definitely feeling the need for more.

Yeah I was curious about that the spreadsheet says use dragon slayers but prototype Amber seems like a lot more quality of life upgrade. The attack buff from dragon slayers is nice but I don't know that I use it all that efficiently if I'm not like running Abyss...

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I've rolled 4 5* weapons from the standard banner as f2p somehow

still waiting on that tall male caster who can get max speed from my lost prayer

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Advice folk have an insane TTDS bias because they make spreadsheets too much and "prove" it's better by doing completely choreographed primo geovishap kills.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

No Wave posted:

I get that R5 prototypes are in the game but I don't get why it's a necessity to have them. My prototype weapons are all R1 (even the ones that get heavy use), I'll always have enough billets for everything forever with a ton left over, it just seems like a calmer way to play.

PA for example you're using 5x the prototypes to gain 6 more energy per burst compared to the base version which gives 12.

If r1 is good enough for anything then you might as well use all but one of your billets up now on whatever you're currently using. Just save one to r1 whatever future weapon gets released. Half the time when a patch gives you a new recipe it gives a billet for that weapon type anyways.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

No thx, that mask is staying in my inventory

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

If r1 is good enough for anything then you might as well use all but one of your billets up now on whatever you're currently using. Just save one to r1 whatever future weapon gets released. Half the time when a patch gives you a new recipe it gives a billet for that weapon type anyways.
No, I'll keep my 40 billets so I can take screenshots of them and post them here.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

No Wave posted:

Advice folk have an insane TTDS bias because they make spreadsheets too much and "prove" it's better by doing completely choreographed primo geovishap kills.
i mean TTDS is insanely better with barely any contest, and it's not that hard to just switch in the right order. that said if you're just exploring then yeah, of course prototype amber is better, the hilichurls die in four hits regardless and more healing is much more convenient. That said exploration is also A) not that difficult and B) much different content than anything actually challenging.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Oct 19, 2021

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

gandlethorpe posted:

No thx, that mask is staying in my inventory

I wish we could get the mask as a furniture item like Ayaka's hairpin...
I already ate it long ago because my irrational drive for completionism forces me to have at least one r1 copy of even the most useless craftable weapons.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

exploration is a game mode in which dps sayu is probably top 5 characters in the game.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Not terribly surprised that the Anti Raiden Shogun training was nowhere near as trying as people made it sound. Its literally just the last part that is remotely challenging and i kept screwing up by accidentally running into the dangerous area after destroying the crystal. I've dealt with those sorts of attacks before in FFXIV though where its like destroy this add in a certain amount of time or you die or party wipes so it was pretty second nature what to do. Did this get changed or something since 2.1 since i seemed to be able to get hit by anything other than the finisher up to 10 times?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
This is also a mobile game, so I'm sure some of the people complaining were playing on a literal touchscreen.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Endorph posted:

i mean TTDS is insanely better with barely any contest, and it's not that hard to just switch in the right order. that said if you're just exploring then yeah, of course prototype amber is better, the hilichurls die in four hits regardless and more healing is much more convenient. That said exploration is also A) not that difficult and B) much different content than anything actually challenging.

Counterpoint: it's annoying to use and limits how you can cycle through your team

No Wave posted:

No, I'll keep my 40 billets so I can take screenshots of them and post them here.

40? Aw man, I gotta step up my luck

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Kale posted:

Not terribly surprised that the Anti Raiden Shogun training was nowhere near as trying as people made it sound. Its literally just the last part that is remotely challenging and i kept screwing up by accidentally running into the dangerous area after destroying the crystal. I've dealt with those sorts of attacks before in FFXIV though where its like destroy this add in a certain amount of time or you die or party wipes so it was pretty second nature what to do. Did this get changed or something since 2.1 since i seemed to be able to get hit by anything other than the finisher up to 10 times?
They were basically all using bennett and lighting the ground on fire which leads to auto-loss then not making the connection.

Endorph posted:

If it's off field kokomi TTDS is better because there is effectively no cost to running it, if it's on field I would use protoamber every time. It's also the opposite, timing your TTDS cooldown is just not plausible in the current 12-3 there is too much going on.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Oct 19, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Itto's claymore got buffed on beta. It now has jade cutter base atk + scaling which is AWESOME for Noelleitto (qnd honestly everyone else too). I'm guessing the other weapon on the banner will be made extra poo poo to compensate (summit shaper?).

Itto scalings + burst cost + CD got buffed too. Tbh he has to be a little op because geo comps are so loving bad vs so much and his burst cost is so restrictive.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Oct 19, 2021

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I'm loving the new island but also losing my god drat mind that I've got 21 sigils right now, at rank 39 of the shrine, and none of the stupid ghost sidequest chests give sigils.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

summit shaper will of course be on the upcoming homa banner. they'll have to finally add the geo bow to the game to put on ittou's weapon banner

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

I'm loving the new island but also losing my god drat mind that I've got 21 sigils right now, at rank 39 of the shrine, and none of the stupid ghost sidequest chests give sigils.
I was rank 40 before touching Tsurumi. I would take a look at Serai and Watatsumi if I were you.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

No Wave posted:

I was rank 40 before touching Tsurumi. I would take a look at Serai and Watatsumi if I were you.
Oh good point, also I should look up where the barriers I can unlock from rank 37 are now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selane
May 19, 2006

No Wave posted:

Itto's claymore got buffed on beta. It now has jade cutter base atk + scaling which is AWESOME for Noelleitto (qnd honestly everyone else too). I'm guessing the other weapon on the banner will be made extra poo poo to compensate (summit shaper?).

Itto scalings + burst cost + CD got buffed too. Tbh he has to be a little op because geo comps are so loving bad vs so much and his burst cost is so restrictive.
That's crazy, they always try to avoid putting 5 star weapons on the lowest attack tier because it makes the substat scaling so insane. Jade Cutter is the only weapon in that category, which is why it's so good. Mistsplitter is a 5 star with the same substat as the claymore and is on the highest attack tier and gets 44% crit dmg at max level. Weapons on the lowest attack tier get twice as much substat, so that claymore is gonna end up with 88% crit dmg, yeesh.

I guess they feel that they can avoid a Jade Cutter situation here(where it's really good for literally anyone that can equip it) by having the passive be something that most characters won't care about. They also might just have buffed it to make it more lucrative to actually pull for, because with the old scaling I'm not sure how much better it would have been at R1 vs an R5 Whiteblind.