Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Diggs you beautiful son of a bitch, you finally came through right when I needed you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

dkj posted:

Bass got me the win over my league commish who continues to keep kickers in our roster

Absolutely making a motion next year to eliminate kickers.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Just getting dumped on in my big money league where the best scoring team in the league is my opponents in aggregate. It has standard scoring and 120 is a decent score that would win most matchups and my opponents the last 3 weeks have got 178, 153, and 177. I have the second most points and if I played each team each week my record would be 32-22. Currently my record is 2-4.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Oct 19, 2021

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
loving hell. My bad beats continue. In one league, had a sizeable 40+ point lead with my Sanders vs. his Allen and Henry in PPR. So of course they put up 70 points between them and I only got 15 out of Sanders.

Then in my dynasty superflex league, I hosed up right off the bat because I was waiting for confirmation to see if Tua was going to play (My 3rd QB, Wilson was on bye). And then I was out for my friend's birthday on Saturday, and forgot to slot him in before bed. Woke up about ten minutes after the early London kickoff and realized what I'd done. Just wrote the week off at 8:40 am.

So, my team proceeded to go the gently caress off, aside from Adam Humphries, whom I'd left in that superflex spot. (He put up half a point, btw.) Now we come to the end of yesterday's games, and I seemingly have the highest score of the week. I just need my opponent's Cole Beasley to score less than 24 points (we have some weird settings with PPR plus first downs). Of course, his checkdown reception on Buffalo's final drive got him up to...24.8. So I lost by less than a point to the highest scorer of the week with the second highest score of the week. And I would've torched him if I would have just remembered to put Tua in. Or left literally any three of the other scrubs on my bench as a placeholder.

Oof.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Fanty football has been crazy this year. I have a stacked team in one dynasty league (Russel Wilson, Saquon, and AJB on the bench), most players crushed it this week (each of my IDPs is top ~25 at their position and most put up about double their weekly average), and I'm currently squeaking by 333.9 - 327 to bring me up to 3-3 on the year.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I’m in bye week hell this week. Need a TE and Goedert is available. Already have Dalton Schultz and don’t want to drop him. Hate rostering two TEs but TE is a wasteland

Which of these dudes would you drop?

Corey Davis @ NE
Devontae Booker v CAR
Damien Williams @ TB
Khalil Herbert @ TB
Jakobi Meyers v NYJ

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Cat Hassler posted:

I’m in bye week hell this week. Need a TE and Goedert is available. Already have Dalton Schultz and don’t want to drop him. Hate rostering two TEs but TE is a wasteland

Corey Davis @ NE
Devontae Booker v CAR
Damien Williams @ TB
Khalil Herbert @ TB
Jakobi Meyers v NYJ

Probably Khalil Herbert, since he's presumably backing up Damien Williams and I don't want to start either against TB. If you hear differently then adjust accordingly.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Cat Hassler posted:

Corey Davis @ NE
Devontae Booker v CAR
Damien Williams @ TB
Khalil Herbert @ TB
Jakobi Meyers v NYJ

Really depends on the rest of your WR/RB situation. I would drop any of those WRs over those fill-in RBs but if they’re your only depth then I’m waiting to hear Saquon news, if he plays drop Booker, if he’s still out I drop a Bears RB, they have two stout run defenses coming up over the next three weeks and then a bye.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Khalil Herbert, no question.

I also have a BYE situation. I have my moves pending already here's what's going on:

K. Cousins BYE --> Drop T. Lance from bench, add D. Carr from waivers
E. Elliot BYE --> Drop A. Dillon from bench, add E. Mitchell from waivers
Cowboys DST BYE --> Drop Cowboys DST, add Patriots DST. This is a no-brainer and not an issue since I'm streaming DST every week anyway.

Does my waiver claim order look okay?

1. Drop A. Dillon from bench, add E. Mitchell from waivers
2. Drop T. Lance from bench, add D. Carr from waivers
3. Drop T. Lance from bench, add M. Ryan from waivers
4. Drop Cowboys DST, add Patriots DST
5. Drop Cowboys DST, add Saints DST

My logic is that it's harder to find a rosterable RB than QB. If I whiff on the Carr pick-up then hopefully I won't whiff on M. Ryan right after.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
I’d be hesitant to drop Dillon, he’s one Aaron Jones injury away from becoming a mid-tier RB1. Is there anyone else you can drop?

Whiiiiiich leads me to MY bye week conundrum:

I have to fill in a TE and D/ST, but I only have one bench slot open. I tried to make some trades the past couple weeks to ditch Knox or Schultz but no one bit so now I’m stuck with both of them. I also really don’t want to drop the Bills D/ST since after the bye they have a juicy schedule.

Do I just drop one of the two TEs and let someone else get them? Or just say gently caress it and drop the Bills. Also, why am I such a simp for RB handcuffs?

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Whoreson Welles posted:

I’d be hesitant to drop Dillon, he’s one Aaron Jones injury away from becoming a mid-tier RB1. Is there anyone else you can drop?

I don't think so:

Edit: It would force me to drop K. Cousins and - it may be hard to believe - Cousins is a Top 10 fantasy QB (Number 10 lol)(120 total pts, 20 pts avg). Unless you see something else? Drop Gronk?

I was forced to drop J. Jones a couple weeks ago since we're really tight on how many WRs we can have benched and he already got picked up, naturally. Worried for a repeat with Gronk but I also don't know when he'll be playing again and he'd only be eligible for a FLEX anyway since Waller's getting the start every week unless an injury or something else happens.

Perry Mason Jar fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Oct 19, 2021

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

5 byes, 3 IRs, 1 Out, 2 Questionable.

I'm just not going to even loving bother this week, lads.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Perry Mason Jar posted:

I was forced to drop J. Jones a couple weeks ago since we're really tight on how many WRs we can have benched and he already got picked up, naturally. Worried for a repeat with Gronk but I also don't know when he'll be playing again and he'd only be eligible for a FLEX anyway since Waller's getting the start every week unless an injury or something else happens.

Drop Gronk if you can't trade him. He's worthless to you if you have Waller. You'll need to sit Waller week 8 but there's no guarantee he'll be back for that and you can just stream TE then.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

So I’m in a league where we havent had kickers or d/st for half a decade. We run DB and LB instead. Honestly though, we shouldn’t run that either. It’s a game about QB, RB, WR, and TE, yeah?

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

This is my bye hell week. Got 4 starters on bye. :negative:

Chris Carson was my backup RB, but he's on IR, so now I need to pick up someone on the waiver wire.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

In one league I drafted Jefferson, Kupp, DJ Moore, Keenan Allen, Diontae Johnson, and I’m still only have 2 WRs not on bye. Just lol.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

PPR
Would you rather drop Meyers, Jamaal Williams or ARob?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

.5PPR

I've ridden with Higbee all season with okay results but Ertz is available and Goedert was dropped because of the whole covid thing?

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
In my superflex league I drafted Dak and Josh Allen who are of course both on bye this week. I'm starting Tua (swooped him up after someone dropped him while he was injured) and Geno Smith, there are 0 starting QBs on the wire.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Streaming a bye week PPR TE, who do I pick up? I cant decide:
C.J. Uzomah @ BAL
Jonnu Smith vs NYJ
Will Dissly vs NO
Gerald Everett vs NO
Cole Kmet @ TB
Hayden Hurst @ MIA

I feel like its a total crapshoot. All but two of those guys are sharing TE targets with other TEs on their own team and the other two just dont see a lot of targets. Sigh.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Oct 19, 2021

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Question, Zuerlein is on a bye this week, Nick Folk of the pats is avalible on waivers. Should I drop him for the rest of the season and if not who should I drop off the bench to keep him?

I'm already dropping Tim Patrick to keep the Bills D around even though they broke my heart and lost me the week with a whole -1 point.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Whoreson Welles posted:

Do I just drop one of the two TEs and let someone else get them?

Well, Knox has a broken bone in his hand. I may just drop him then and roll with Schultz after the bye. If someone picks him up to save for later, bummer but I have to make a decision.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

dxt posted:

In my superflex league I drafted Dak and Josh Allen who are of course both on bye this week. I'm starting Tua (swooped him up after someone dropped him while he was injured) and Geno Smith, there are 0 starting QBs on the wire.

I'm in a similar situation in the superflex dynasty league we started up this year. And this is my first year doing fantasy football and I'm already at a disadvantage for not having a ton of football knowledge. I drafted Dak and Stafford and my backup QB was Cam Newton so now I have no one to play in Dak's place this week. I lost the bidding war for Geno Smith, so I have to pick up Case Keenum and hope he starts instead of Mayfield.

My soon to be 0-7 team already has no depth and bye weeks are really screwing me over now.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Starting your fantasy football experience with a dynasty superflex :catstare:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Are we trying to pick up D'Ernest Johnson or Demetric Felton with both Chubb and Hunt out?

Jingleheimer posted:

I'm in a similar situation in the superflex dynasty league we started up this year. And this is my first year doing fantasy football and I'm already at a disadvantage for not having a ton of football knowledge. I drafted Dak and Stafford and my backup QB was Cam Newton so now I have no one to play in Dak's place this week. I lost the bidding war for Geno Smith, so I have to pick up Case Keenum and hope he starts instead of Mayfield.

My soon to be 0-7 team already has no depth and bye weeks are really screwing me over now.
If it makes you feel any better I drafted a dynasty team for the first time this year. I have a bunch of football knowledge and watch games when able. I'm 0-6 and 2nd lowest in points scored.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Whoreson Welles posted:

Well, Knox has a broken bone in his hand. I may just drop him then and roll with Schultz after the bye. If someone picks him up to save for later, bummer but I have to make a decision.

Momentary lapse in judgement. Going to drop Toney instead with his tweaked ankle.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

LionYeti posted:

Question, Zuerlein is on a bye this week, Nick Folk of the pats is avalible on waivers. Should I drop him for the rest of the season and if not who should I drop off the bench to keep him?

I'm already dropping Tim Patrick to keep the Bills D around even though they broke my heart and lost me the week with a whole -1 point.

Assuming this is a 1 QB redraft then Mac Jones is an easy drop and the first guy on that roster that I'd be cutting. Zuerlein is a guy I'd keep if I had an easy drop to do it, but otherwise I'd just drop him for Folk.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Just realized there's a guy in my 10-team regular league rostering 3 QBs. He's last place. :lmao:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

A guy offered me Ekeler and Zack Moss for Swift and McKissic in my 12 team PPR redraft league. I have CMC, Chuba, Gibson, and Josh Jacobs, too but Ekeler is apparently the #2 scoring RB in this league and on the better offense. Despite him being on a bye this week I think thats a mash? Gibson is nicked up but I have the RB depth to deal with it.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

A guy offered me Ekeler and Zack Moss for Swift and McKissic in my 12 team PPR redraft league. I have CMC, Chuba, Gibson, and Josh Jacobs, too but Ekeler is apparently the #2 scoring RB in this league and on the better offense. Despite him being on a bye this week I think thats a mash? Gibson is nicked up but I have the RB depth to deal with it.

mash

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Gobias Ind. posted:

Assuming this is a 1 QB redraft then Mac Jones is an easy drop and the first guy on that roster that I'd be cutting. Zuerlein is a guy I'd keep if I had an easy drop to do it, but otherwise I'd just drop him for Folk.

The other interesting thing Joe Burrow is avalible on Waivers should I ditch baker for him?

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

It's hard to keep sand out of ears this big.
Fun Shoe
Over/Under for Derrick Henry rushing yards against the Chiefs this week should be, what? 200 yards?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mashed. Thank you.

LionYeti posted:

The other interesting thing Joe Burrow is avalible on Waivers should I ditch baker for him?
Yes.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

See now why don't I ever get offers like this?

*Looks over wasteland of a roster*

Ah,

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

shirts and skins posted:

Ah,

The offers I get are miles sanders, Michael Thomas and a very late first for Jon Taylor and TJ watt.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

shirts and skins posted:

Ah,
Yeah at first I was iffy on it but then I saw Ekeler's numbers and that he is on a bye right now, which fixes my "Swift and Gibson have the same bye week" issue for later in the season and I'm giving up a backup I dont need along with a lesser RB. First time I've ever received a trade offer I liked.

edit: Though I just realized I'm playing the guy I'm doing the trade with this week, so he'll get to use Swift against me lmao

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Oct 20, 2021

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Spermy Smurf posted:

The offers I get are miles sanders, Michael Thomas and a very late first for Jon Taylor and TJ watt.

you too huh?

edit: I just get Sanders and that same 1st for Swift.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Oct 20, 2021

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

shirts and skins posted:

Probably Khalil Herbert, since he's presumably backing up Damien Williams and I don't want to start either against TB. If you hear differently then adjust accordingly.

Thanks and thanks to others who replied. Dropped Herbert for Goedert. Now if he can get off the COVID list :ohdear: :f5:

My bench owns this week

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Yeah at first I was iffy on it but then I saw Ekeler's numbers and that he is on a bye right now, which fixes my "Swift and Gibson have the same bye week" issue for later in the season and I'm giving up a backup I dont need along with a lesser RB. First time I've ever received a trade offer I liked.

edit: Though I just realized I'm playing the guy I'm doing the trade with this week, so he'll get to use Swift against me lmao

Lol. As a Swift owner, he's getting a majority of his points via garbage-time TDs. It makes me nervous and I would absolutely trade that for more stability in general with Ekler. Even if he has weeks like this one where he busts.

(I also traded Ekler in another league after week 2 for a WR and have regretted it since.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

There’s a trade in one of my public paid leagues of Aaron Jones and Diontae Johnson for Antonio Brown and Fournette. To the guy in second place who’s about to overtake me for first.

Just lmao