Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
how did the baron get his wife anyway, isn’t that something Leo would of looked into before hiring his personal physician

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

the first time I ever smoked weed my friend was like "oh you should watch this movie"

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

indigi posted:

how did the baron get his wife anyway, isn’t that something Leo would of looked into before hiring his personal physician

it was a BG duty post that did not go well

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 214 days!

indigi posted:

the baron is the evilist and the gayest man in all of human history, where these are the same things and herbert struggled a lot later with this because his son was gay. basically guys were really afraid of powerful rapists when they were young and that got conflated a lot with being gay and not a rapist, with no shortage of encouragement. i think i wrote a post in the dune thead in cined about hemingway handling this a lot more honestly and directly than herbert. as in one was homophobic and one lays out the fear of rape conflicting with his love for his gay friends in a clear simple way.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Hodgepodge posted:

i totally am but it still comes down to him really wanting to kill the baron because he was a wife guy and the baron tortured and killed her and so he develops an imperative that the baron has to die

this is totally in keeping with herbert's overall themes, one of which is that heterosexual monogamy is the ultimate virtue but isn't actually compatible with survival in a world of power and politics. it's definitely heterocentric but also kind of points out that not even good old fashioned heterosexual monogamy is really something that fits naturally into something like aristocratic politics.

e: even Leto II, He Who Never hosed, was a wife guy and that's his secret weakness.

I love wives

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 214 days!

Judakel posted:

I love wives

as someone who would have been a total wife guy but it didn't work out due to finances and distance and the repercussions of a lovely culture, yeah, i kinda feel the wife guy thing. but it's incredibly heterocentric and he idealizes the wives almost as bad as an edwardian unless they're bene gesserit.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Hodgepodge posted:

as someone who would have been a total wife guy but it didn't work out due to finances and distance and the repercussions of a lovely culture, yeah, i kinda feel the wife guy thing. but it's incredibly heterocentric and he idealizes the wives almost as bad as an edwardian unless they're bene gesserit.

this dune poo poo seems weird

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 214 days!

Slider posted:

you have no loving clue and don't wanna know the bad parts. the kinky parts on the other hand are funny but i will leave someone else to describe kung fu mind control imprinting sex.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

indigi posted:

do they even have his wife? i just remember Yueh isn’t sure if he should believe them but it’s still enough to get him to betray Leto despite the constantly-mentioned betrayal-proof conditioning.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Slider posted:

later on in the series two lady Sex Ninjas get into an argument about whose Pussy Magick is more potent.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

dear google, where is the closest barnes & noble

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
yeah dont ask about the tleilaxu tanks either.

edit: still reeling from the cowboy bebop trailer. lmao they did the show like it's scott pilgrim or something. hopefully spike get's shot a lot

Jokerpilled Drudge has issued a correction as of 17:20 on Oct 19, 2021

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
we just finished the first HP book with my seven year old and it cannot be overstated how loving dumb and brain damaged JK Rowling is.

I guess we have to read the second one now. Christ.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

hermione: "they won't kick me out for this! I just aced an exam!"

just straight up dumb as heck.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/asadayaz/status/1450482024553201674?s=20

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Action Jacktion posted:

do they even have his wife? i just remember Yueh isn’t sure if he should believe them but it’s still enough to get him to betray Leto despite the constantly-mentioned betrayal-proof conditioning.

idk. in the movie the only backstory you get about it is a single line delivered clumsily at the end of the second act so possibly not but we have no reason to doubt it (other than it makes no sense for House Atreides to employ someone whose wife is unaccounted for)

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
cinematic masterpiece where for a third of the film production the main director gets black bagged as some strange bearded old men in robes come in to direct the action scenes

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
sickness of the soul

https://twitter.com/johncampea/status/1450468379094028299?s=20

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

this is the world cined wants

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

cool they’re making a show based on the stupid hotel from John wick let’s see who’s in it

https://twitter.com/deadline/status/1450159782371938314?s=21

:ohno:

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

we must protect disney tentpoles from movie reviewers making $50k/year

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

hermione: "they won't kick me out for this! I just aced an exam!"

just straight up dumb as heck.

isn't hermione a child

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Judakel posted:

this is the world cined wants

it most definitely is not

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Doctor Jeep posted:

isn't hermione a child

yeah lol she's like 10 or 11 in that one, and new to the wizarding world, stupid fuckin little girl right?

weirdest hp complaint i've read congrats to the op

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

i heavily recommend looking up the spoiler they're being so precious about btw, it's hilarious

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

josh04 posted:

i heavily recommend looking up the spoiler they're being so precious about btw, it's hilarious

i saw someone say harry styles is thanos' brother eros was that not a joke? i don't know the marvel universe so wasn't sure whether that's a real character

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

that is not a joke, we are entering a new era of marvel starfucking

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

lmao just lmao

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
they made the serious filmmaker daughter of a billionaire tycoon who made a movie romanticizing a nomad lifestyle in lovely america put harry styles in a movie and compromise her artistic vision for kingo? gently caress THAT

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
sorry loyal MCU fans, you'll never get to see Thanos and Death embrace in full on screen penetration but have this Singer? Model? instead.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

RandolphCarter posted:

cool they’re making a show based on the stupid hotel from John wick let’s see who’s in it

https://twitter.com/deadline/status/1450159782371938314?s=21

:ohno:

what the gently caress, how could Keanu do this to us

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
what is the dumbest most obscure character they'll try to spin up i wonder. i joked about Rom the Space Knight getting a movie but it turns out there's all kinds of complicated rights issues with ol' Rom which might complicate things.

lmao as i post this i look it up and they announced a Rom movie in 2015. crossing my fingers.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

i saw someone say harry styles is thanos' brother eros was that not a joke? i don't know the marvel universe so wasn't sure whether that's a real character

lol

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

we must protect disney tentpoles from movie reviewers making $50k/year

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

https://twitter.com/aceplym/status/1450480469741559810

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Doctor Jeep posted:

isn't hermione a child

what the gently caress I gotta read it again I could've sworn he was 24?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

it's me. the person who doesn't understand that lovely authors put themselves in books all the time. please be gentle.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

what was there to spoil about suicide squad

the twist happened in the first 15 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

DOES SHE EVER GET TO EAT HER BODEGA SANDWICH????