Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Yes, all fantastic alternatives for those (weirdos) who don't want to use a rod and lure, chilling on a pier or boat, just trying to catch something.
This is the main reason botw is an 8.5 instead of 10 for me, so much freedom and no fishing rod. Imagine durability and rods with different attributes, or using one in a fight to yank away enemy weapons, such a missed opportunity.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
When I first started playing BOTW I didn't even try to swim up and just grab fish because i was convinced I had to find a rod and net first.

Literally someone on discord was like "to catch a fish for that warm doublet quest, just swim up to it"

And I gotta say it was very fuckin disappointing

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

fishing with shock arrows is simply more civilized and effective than the primitive technology of fishing rods.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

After her last mission, Samus decides to take a break and hunt the sweetest fishing holes in the galaxy.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

BotW 2 better have the hookshot or im going to get a job at kotaku and write about my disappointment

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

dr.acula posted:

BotW 2 better have weapon degradation or im going to get a job at kotaku and write about my disappointment

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Go home and get your fuckin' shinespark!

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Nintendo Ocean Championship Fishing!

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Waverace But With Fishing Poles

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

botw but with the gun from portal. win.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

the one good thing from that game. (and i mean just the music track)

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Stux posted:

you sound upset about my incredible nintendo switch online expansion pack pricing, and frankly jealous too. ugly.

I have a UK switch account

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

so desperate lol not a good look onyou pal, all the green that is

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

romanowski posted:

I think samus automatically exits the morph ball once you exit the tunnel into the alcove, so pressing ZL isn't necessary and that's what would cause you to lose your shinespark

drat, so I must have just hosed up the timing the first couple of times and then thought I needed to try pressing ZL or something, tried that and failed, and then Google said I needed the cross bomb so I gave up. Shoulda kept trying.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Chronojam posted:

Shinespark fishing is what Nintendo needs to deliver to the hands of waiting fans

Fishing for shinesparks is all i do in the boss battles

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Vikar Jerome posted:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/doom/status/1450494190945714178?s=21

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Vikar Jerome posted:

definitively wrong on multiple counts

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
fusion's bosses are rad. serris, yakuza, BOX, nightmare, all very cool and definitely a point in fusion's favor

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Chronojam posted:

Shinespark fishing is what Nintendo needs to deliver to the hands of waiting fans

wanted to replace funky mode with stux but alas we're out of time

also forgot the fish apparently whoops

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Lastdancer posted:

lol

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

did i stutter. :colbert:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Lastdancer posted:

is this nintendos november release?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:allears:

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

funky dread explains my vibe honestly

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Owns

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Lastdancer posted:

sick

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Going back a few pages, but it’s pretty funny that retailers didn’t want to invest a ton into the NES Classic at launch because Atari and other companies flooded the market with garbage mini-consoles and no one was interested anymore. It’s like a mirror of the real NES launch.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Waffle! posted:

After her last mission, Samus decides to take a break and hunt the sweetest fishing holes in the galaxy.

Samus passes through a wormhole and ends up in the DARIUS games. She's going to need a bigger gunboat.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Kevyn posted:

Going back a few pages, but it’s pretty funny that retailers didn’t want to invest a ton into the NES Classic at launch because Atari and other companies flooded the market with garbage mini-consoles and no one was interested anymore. It’s like a mirror of the real NES launch.

It was a bit before my time, as I started with the NES, so maybe that's why, but I can't understand the appeal of Atari 2600 games.

I get that at a point, you didn't have anything else, so it's what you played. But one of my favourite DOS games is Chopper Commando, which is 90% of the way there.

Still.... Adventure? How was that the least not compelling?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I picked up Pikmin 3 Deluxe on Sunday and have been playing it. I love the game and was having trouble remembering why I even stopped playing the Wii U version. I now remember.

The level where you gotta rescue Captain Olimar is a drag. I never finished it on Wii U. I like the idea but in practice I hate it. It wouldn't be so bad if the time limit wasn't also going. I managed to finally get him out on my second try with a few seconds left on the counter and then lost because surprise boss fight. There's very little room for error.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Samus would just pluck fish out of the lake with her grapple beam

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Still.... Adventure? How was that the least not compelling?

I don't know what to tell you. Adventure was plenty compelling. It was exploration, skill, THAT loving BAT, cool items with powers, secret invisible castles

Literal hidden outside the boundaries secrets to discover

Adventure was good

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Samus would just pluck fish out of the lake with her grapple beam

Due to an unfortunate crash at the beginning of the game she lost all those powers

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I didn’t start gaming til Colecovision and only did a little bit of gaming on the 2600 at other people’s houses but I can totally see the appeal of Adventure. Sure, it’s simplistic looking back on it now, but it came out in a world that wouldn’t even see Zelda 1 for another seven years. That level of exploration must have felt amazing at the time.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I picked up Pikmin 3 Deluxe on Sunday and have been playing it. I love the game and was having trouble remembering why I even stopped playing the Wii U version. I now remember.

The level where you gotta rescue Captain Olimar is a drag. I never finished it on Wii U. I like the idea but in practice I hate it. It wouldn't be so bad if the time limit wasn't also going. I managed to finally get him out on my second try with a few seconds left on the counter and then lost because surprise boss fight. There's very little room for error.

There's not much room if you go for one day, but you don't have to do that. As long as you have all of your pikmin with you at the end of the day, you don't even lose any, and all the things you've done stay done.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Johnny Joestar posted:

every no videogame needs fishing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Detective No. 27 posted:

Yeah all the shortcuts you make in there will stay done so you can actually take your time- boss at the end will actually stay outside as well so you don't have to do it all over again I think? I may be misremembering.