Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

if i see anyone post itt saying they paid to see eternals i swear to g*d......

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Its hosed that they didnt name the speedster Phastos

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Eternals is DENSE

https://twitter.com/PNemiroff/status/1450326628324700167?s=20
https://twitter.com/johncampea/status/1450360079799046146?s=20
https://twitter.com/DatJohnHumphrey/status/1450348546805301254?s=20
https://twitter.com/Lulamaybelle/status/1450347699853746182?s=20
https://twitter.com/PeterSciretta/status/1450331781505294342?s=20

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

they're gonna say it's racist when this poo poo bombs (inshallah)

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i wonder what i will be when i grow up?

:barf::barf::barf::barf:
https://twitter.com/JaneOst_/status/1450486390882508801?s=20

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
was there a giant flashing billboard above the screen that just blinked DENSE for two hours

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
It's DENSE, it's GRANDIOSE, it's NOT spinning its wheels while they introduce 15 new main characters to the MCU, it's BREATHABLE

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

It's DENSE, it's GRANDIOSE, it's NOT spinning its wheels while they introduce 15 new main characters to the MCU, it's BREATHABLE

don't forget the overall sense of tangibility!!

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

mastershakeman posted:

was there a giant flashing billboard above the screen that just blinked DENSE for two hours

I'd say it's a comment that one of the members of "the MCU is invaluable to human cultural development" group had that the rest of them glommed onto, perhaps as much an indicator of their own thoughts about the movie as a signal that they are members of the same group. I definitely could be wrong, though.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Every new MCU movies is about a new actor with a new contract being introduced as a lovely copy of an existing character and replacing them.

So you get that lady version of Loki, Black Widow's fake Russian sister, new Captain America, and lady Thor.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Mantis42 posted:

Every new MCU movies is about a new actor with a new contract being introduced as a lovely cop

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
twitter movie reviewers all like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH0UrqdH_8U

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Mantis42 posted:

Every new MCU movies is about a new actor with a new contract being introduced as a lovely copy of an existing character and replacing them.

So you get that lady version of Loki, Black Widow's fake Russian sister, new Captain America, and lady Thor.

i've waited my whole life to see classic marvel characters like sersi, ikaris, kingo, sprite, phastos, makkari, druig, gilgamesh, karun, ajak, and thena brought to life on the silver screen

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

I'm pretty sure just working with Disney either breaks your heart or your entire body. Given how Marvel movies are made, it feels like directors are just the face of something that's been already Frankenstein stitched together by years of CGI work and they got to hold the ship wheel and hope it doesn't crash. Chloé Zhao is being asked to hold a lit stick of dynamite while Disney just moves on to doing more superhero sequels. Eternals bombing would be like when Solo bombed. A bizarre moment that will be worthy to look into about all the producer and director shenanigans but Disney keeps rolling because they have more money than God.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

let me translate this from hack: from a visual standpoint, it is composed like a mess

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I'm glad the big time marvel fans itt that post about marvel all the time itt have a new movie to watch and dissect itt!

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

all those screenshots look like rear end. making everything grey and drab so marvel fans know that their movie is for Grownups

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

to move from one annoying fanbase to another (that i'm actually part of)....... who's watching Succession? season 3 premiere was great, so glad it's back

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

how do you pronounce this, like the first part of cloaca?

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Mr Hootington posted:

I'm glad the big time marvel fans itt that post about marvel all the time itt have a new movie to watch and dissect itt!

materialist leftist doesn't want to discuss material conditions and culture. interesting

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
The funny thing to come from Eternals is whatever DC is going to try to do to copycat it, successful or not.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

DesertIslandHermit posted:

The funny thing to come from Eternals is whatever DC is going to try to do to copycat it, successful or not.

Kirby’s DC stuff is way better than his Marvel stuff imo (besides F4)

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Trying to make "This movie has a ton of boring exposition" a marketing talking point in favor of a movie is bold, and I wonder how it'll work out for Disney

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

it's me. the person who doesn't understand that lovely authors put themselves in books all the time. please be gentle.

no, you're the guy who's owning a fictional nerdy prim and proper child for thinking having good grades will save them from getting expelled or whatever
while kjr is an idiot that part is extremely believable, whatever her motives

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
if you stop taking steroids will your jaw go back to normal or will you always have a big huge jaw

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

just looking at these desperate tweets, eternals has to be a really big stinky turd of a movie lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Casey Finnigan posted:

if you stop taking steroids will your jaw go back to normal or will you always have a big huge jaw

depends on a lot of stuff

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Atrocious Joe posted:

Trying to make "This movie has a ton of boring exposition" a marketing talking point in favor of a movie is bold, and I wonder how it'll work out for Disney

I'm pretty sure Disney is going to let this just movie drown. It's new heroes so easier to forget about when they move on. America is still a clusterfuck from the pandemic and box offices have shown over the past few months that movies do better outside the US (new Bond movie made like 350 million internationally compared to US's 90 million) and of course they bring the director who upset China's government. Disney will post through it and then everyone forgets about it when Holland Spiderman 3 comes out.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Doctor Jeep posted:

no, you're the guy who's owning a fictional nerdy prim and proper child for thinking having good grades will save them from getting expelled or whatever
while kjr is an idiot that part is extremely believable, whatever her motives

(it's the same guy)

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

uber_stoat posted:

what is the dumbest most obscure character they'll try to spin up i wonder. i joked about Rom the Space Knight getting a movie but it turns out there's all kinds of complicated rights issues with ol' Rom which might complicate things.

lmao as i post this i look it up and they announced a Rom movie in 2015. crossing my fingers.

they gonna end up with a paste pot pete movie

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/fingerbIaster/status/1450545380857286660?s=20

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Squirrel Girl and then just blatantly market it as the first time there's been a female lead in a summer tentpole movie.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

we already had the epic dc fourth world movie, z--- s-----'s justice league.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

we need a 10 hour justice league movie

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

"______ is EVERYTHING!!" is such a dumb loving pr phrase

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

AnimeIsTrash posted:

we need a 10 hour justice league movie

The Synder Uncut

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

josh04 posted:

we already had the epic dc fourth world movie, z--- s-----'s justice league.

man that guy got disappeared into straight to streaming for the rest of his loving career huh

puppets freak me out
Dec 18, 2015

can't wait for Matter-Eater Lad in 2031, my heart is so full when I think about the internal politics of the planet Bismoll

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

career choices appear to either be do that, or disappear into the Disney factory for the next decade. Netflix at least give the impression that if you're a big name then you can talk them into some creative production choices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

josh04 posted:

career choices appear to either be do that, or disappear into the Disney factory for the next decade. Netflix at least give the impression that if you're a big name then you can talk them into some creative production choices.

disney would definitely hire the guy who hosed up dc movies