Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/titowrestling/status/1450443395969736706?t=jCc5G30xKu97rQhkIcQmVw&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

I taste copper.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Spermgod posted:

maybe i’m paranoid but i strongly suspect that it’s filtering down from wwe house organs who are being briefed on talking points

this is almost definitely what's happening, yeah.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Renaissance Spam posted:

I taste copper.

That's victory wine

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

The kind of opinion piece you'd use as toilet paper, but is even more worthless in the digital age of publishing.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
https://twitter.com/cwrestlinguk/status/1450387572576985091?s=21

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Everyone gets fired from their jobs u big dummy

https://twitter.com/Elijah88593442/status/1423864179774087171

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

i was looking at the replies and holy poo poo lmao

https://twitter.com/WrestlingRhymes/status/1450374580900667395

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
now i know there's complaints about ref distraction finishes in aew, but i'm dead certain there's been nowhere near 73 of 'em this year

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Coaaab posted:

now i know there's complaints about ref distraction finishes in aew, but i'm dead certain there's been nowhere near 73 of 'em this year

its 73 DQs across WWE brands this year, only 2 in AEW

VVVV oh I'm dumb and misread it while quoting it lol

boxcarhobo fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Oct 19, 2021

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

boxcarhobo posted:

its 73 DQs across WWE brands this year, only 2 in AEW

Yeah so the point is people bitch that AEW do too many ref distractions, but there are almost certainly still far less of those than there are lovely non-finishes in WWE.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

drat, got 'em

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Spermgod posted:

maybe i’m paranoid but i strongly suspect that it’s filtering down from wwe house organs who are being briefed on talking points

Trump lost in 2020 because all of Putin's bot farms were too busy Standing Up For WWE to help him win.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

What "change" are you speaking of exactly? Seems like people don't know exactly what they are boycotting anymore. Might as well boycott any show that takes place in a Conservative state. Many companies do business with SA. What about China? Russia? Or is it just the brown countries you people have a problem with?

They actually have reformed quite a lot things over the years. You know, you can actually do research.

Yes, I'm gonna watch the show. It literally doesn't change a drat thing not too. It's just a wrestling show. If you want some grandstanding nonsense pride to boycott, go ahead. You really showed them while still doing business with other companies that take their money.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/BotchfestFred/status/1449223732636102659?s=20

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

double axe-handle slamming the button marked

e: also kicking, punching, chopping, drop kicking and Gotch-style piledriving a young lion into the button

SatansOnion fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Oct 20, 2021

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
that guy sure is real racist and homophobic but the most bizarre thing on that timeline is he really hates Matt Jackson.

not the bucks, just Matt specifically. he's fine with nick.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

flatluigi posted:

that guy sure is real racist and homophobic but the most bizarre thing on that timeline is he really hates Matt Jackson.

I only got reminded of his existence because I got a notification from Twitter that my report on his account and been accepted & I wondered if Twitter had gone so far as to suspend him but no such luck.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

flatluigi posted:

Because everytime he closes his eyes, this is all he can see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc4mfcXNrjU&t=5s

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

I can't lie, I usually laugh at these, but this one had me Bothered Online for a few minutes.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I'm glad Mel Mudkiper's doing well

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/AEW_KennyZElite/status/1450611934441639942

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Lot's of missing tweets from deleted accounts today. I assume they're bad-but-mostly-standard-fare Chris Regal thread posts, and Twitter is taking action for once.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

I only got reminded of his existence because I got a notification from Twitter that my report on his account and been accepted & I wondered if Twitter had gone so far as to suspend him but no such luck.

Likewise. So I just reported him again.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

God, I followed a rabbit whole about a tweet of Bischoff bragging about how 'WCW actually COMPETED and wasn't pretending' and it is amazing some of the complaints. Like for real. "Um, all AEW did was hire Punk and Danielson." Oh no! Hiring wrestlers people want to see! If only WWE might do the same! Wait, they do and then let them circle the drain in NXT for decades.

Good lord.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

God, I followed a rabbit whole about a tweet of Bischoff bragging about how 'WCW actually COMPETED and wasn't pretending' and it is amazing some of the complaints. Like for real. "Um, all AEW did was hire Punk and Danielson." Oh no! Hiring wrestlers people want to see! If only WWE might do the same! Wait, they do and then let them circle the drain in NXT for decades.

Good lord.

lmao, as if Bischoff's success in WCW wasn't built around hiring guys from WWE toi

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

lmao, as if Bischoff's success in WCW wasn't built around hiring guys from WWE toi

Yeah. The only reason Bischoff was able to compete was he was given unlimited resources and hired popular guys and still couldn't manage to beat WWF for two whole years.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

@mullbot_forever vibes

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Three angry "OMG Punk is a racist for quoting Sasha like that" and one thirsty "I want to do a split on his face" :laugh:

I wanted to check what kind of replies they were getting, and two of the people calling Punk racist have had their accounts suspended :lmao:

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

So for those who didn't see it this tweet claimed it and the insane Robbie_WWE or whatever it was account were supposedly a Harvard Sociology study and had wrapped up.

If it's true I'm REALLY curious to know what the project was and what prof thought seeing how wrestling twitter worked was a good idea.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Renaissance Spam posted:

So for those who didn't see it this tweet claimed it and the insane Robbie_WWE or whatever it was account were supposedly a Harvard Sociology study and had wrapped up.

If it's true I'm REALLY curious to know what the project was and what prof thought seeing how wrestling twitter worked was a good idea.

i mean, more likely that it was some student's idea for a project (if it was true)

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

flatluigi posted:

i mean, more likely that it was some student's idea for a project (if it was true)

Oh yeah but I would assume a prof green lit it.

Actually now that I say it that prof was probably thinking "Oh thank god someone actually has an idea, I don't need to help them get started" so it's probably not that shocking.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I’d do it just to get the screenshots in PowerPoint for the classroom chuckle. And you could justify it by tracking engagement data.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

That's the thing I'm thinking about it and it could be a really interesting gauge on how competing fandoms interact in a society where Spectacle dominates much of the discourse.

Which I suspect is far more thought than anyone should put into a school project.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
the dumbest people in the world think they’ve found the smoking gun with this random out of context tweet. see the qrts https://twitter.com/davemeltzerwon/status/1116504205043195904

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/titowrestling/status/1450682841914908674?t=ASpTnYYVNHtcDPjjMlZuuw&s=19

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Okay I'm confused now. I thought the demo was what defined your place in the chart, not overall viewers. Did Dave mistype or is there some aspect of TV ratings I'm missing?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

I wish I had the guts and courage to hold wrestling promotions accountable. I just don't think I'm the man for the job. Just don't have it in me.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Renaissance Spam posted:

Okay I'm confused now. I thought the demo was what defined your place in the chart, not overall viewers. Did Dave mistype or is there some aspect of TV ratings I'm missing?

SmackDown was 3rd for the night so I don ‘t know what the guy Dave is quoting is talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/EricDiesel1972/status/1450673814719795205?t=Zh61cqUuCTbyyT2Xj2Fn-w&s=19

This is just factually incorrect