Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
There's going to be an Xbox anniversary event next month.

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1450463058552401931?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I don't really see the point in doing something where you're not going to announce any new games, hopefully they at least have something in store for backwards compatibility support. Otherwise I really don't think anyone cares about the history of Xbox. I've been with Xbox since day 1, and I really don't care about the history of Xbox other than to remember with rose tinted glasses a handful of old games.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
I hope they haven't abandoned FPS boost, so many more things I'd like to get to 60.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
I would be shocked if they don't announce new FPS boost or backward compatible games as part of this event.

We know that there's something going on in the backend with potential new original Xbox games, and we also have resolution boost as a feature they talked about last year but haven't seen again since.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Every time they say they won't announce any new games, they announce a new game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zerot posted:

I would be shocked if they don't announce new FPS boost or backward compatible games as part of this event.

We know that there's something going on in the backend with potential new original Xbox games, and we also have resolution boost as a feature they talked about last year but haven't seen again since.

Yeah there was that leak about Gunvalkyrie, Dead or Alive 3, and Dead or Alive Ultimate.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

After getting the PS4 version some time back and finding it extremely wanting, I’ve been playing We Happy Few on Game Pass on my Series X in the hope that the technological superiority of the console will minimise prior shortcomings, which it does.

I’ve never ever been so utterly enthralled by the setting, story, characters and writing of a game only to have the gameplay itself totally gently caress everything up. If they’d gone for an immersive sim style instead of an open world survival game this would have been a beloved if slightly janky classic.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Yeah just have some boost/BC news in amongst the retrospective stuff then end with a Halo Infinite campaign trailer and it seems like a fine event.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Wee Crappy Poo

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

they will announce that, because of the overwhelmingly positive reception of the beta, Halo Infinite is now canceled forever

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I'm still genuinely enjoying Avengers (singleplayer.) I'm the absolute worst.

Caveat: I'm playing with Cheat Engine.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I stopped playing it because Far Cry, but I thought the story was actually good and I enjoyed the brawling. It was for sure a button masher, but I dug it.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
How is Fatal Frame 5? I'm thinking of getting it with some store credit I have.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Yeah I used Cheat Engine to bypass a lot of the bad stuff. It makes the game so good at that point. Just play it for the story, it is actually not bad at all.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Zerot posted:

There's going to be an Xbox anniversary event next month.

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1450463058552401931?s=21

bring back original xbox live so i can play crimson skies and mechassault online again

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Zerot posted:

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1450447194599788549?s=21

Don't sleep on The Forgotten City. It's really good.

Are you able to play Forgotten City in third person? It looks intriguing, but I get intense motion sickness from first person games :smith:

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

webmeister posted:

Are you able to play Forgotten City in third person? It looks intriguing, but I get intense motion sickness from first person games :smith:

No, unfortunately.

I will say that it has a very aggressive motion blur you can turn on that may help. My wife was able to play the game with zero problems and she also gets sick with most first-person games.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Backbone starts cool but completely blows the last act and ending with some left field poo poo it didnt earn at all. One of my bigger disappointments this year

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/JeffGrubb/status/1450578339609997312

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Halo-like games.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

The Xbox Thread: A Dearth of Halo-like Games

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jeff grubb seems to know a lot but he might be really dumb also since halo* doesnt require gamepass at all

*the halo that matter

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Real hurthling! posted:

Jeff grubb seems to know a lot but he might be really dumb also since halo* doesnt require gamepass at all

*the halo that matter

I think he's like a lot of games media people who want to sound smart even though they're saying something really stupidly obvious like "there were no big name games released on it last quarter so Game Pass didn't meet its growth target".

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

I said come in! posted:

I don't really see the point in doing something where you're not going to announce any new games, hopefully they at least have something in store for backwards compatibility support. Otherwise I really don't think anyone cares about the history of Xbox. I've been with Xbox since day 1, and I really don't care about the history of Xbox other than to remember with rose tinted glasses a handful of old games.

I'm hoping for (but not expecting) BC news and an update or two on already announced games. They certainly announced a lot at E3.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
They had GPU cards at Costco today but it was only like a ten dollar discount vs the monthly rate. It doesn't even look like they stock XBL gold cards anymore, at least at my local Costco. No consoles of any kind on hand either.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its a growth target through June. Its bad they missed it, obviously, but 37% growth is on ??? so we have no idea what it means. They also would have made this goal assuming Halo would launch during the year so I've got a feeling internally there is less sky falling panic than online posting.

They really do need to unfuck its perception/reality on PC though, because that should be generating growth and it doesn't seem it online.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Microsoft should find a way to bring Game Pass Ultimate to Steam.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I said come in! posted:

It wouldn't be worth it for just xbone games and no way valve is gonna let them put the whole thing on their store front. That's arguably a worse deal than Sony would get. At least sonys crossplay dealings put some games only on the Xbox.

Hell, I wouldn't get the gamepass for Xbox if it was only Xbox games

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Oct 20, 2021

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

I really want a game pass ultimate family plan.
Wife was out of town this weekend so we had a boys weekend. My 6 year old wanted to play fortnite on the One S in the family room, 9 year old wanted to play halo 3 on the One S in the living room, and I wanted to get back to progress in Recompile on my Series X in my office… but I couldn’t because I had to be signed in on the living room box so Halo would work.

So I ended up playing Skyward Sword on my Switch. I don’t want to spring for 2 more game pass ultimate subscriptions @ $15 each for kids who only might play it 2-3 days per month. Come on Microsoft. Do a $10/ mo add on for 2 additional logins that are already in my ms family..

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I said come in! posted:

Game Pass on Switch.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

teagone posted:

Game Pass on Switch.

lol

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Celeste is leaving GamePass at end of month.

Play Celeste.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Into the Pit is roguelike FPS shooter and I fell asleep thinking about it while typing this sentence.

Every new Roguelike on the service is a good game not given shoes and going hungry.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

teagone posted:

Game Pass on Switch.

Nintendo wants 40 dollars a month to play 10 n64 games, they arent in the correct mindspace to stay winning

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

they're winning in terms of making money

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

anyone know what the story is with that Skyrim Anniversary edition w/r/t Gamepass? Is it just gonna replace the one that's up there already?

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

anyone know what the story is with that Skyrim Anniversary edition w/r/t Gamepass? Is it just gonna replace the one that's up there already?

What I gathered is that the existing version will be replaced by an upgraded next gen version (textures etc), but you still have to pay for the Anniversary edition which is the one that has all the extra creation club content.

Except for fishing, that will be free for everyone.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sounds like you also get survival mode and something called saints and sinners for free as well. I wonder what the next gen enhancements will be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Nintendo wants 40 dollars a month to play 10 n64 games, they arent in the correct mindspace to stay winning

Wait is that not a yearly price increase?