Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Maybe I'm crazy, but I prefer a low supply.
What's more LOL is that rise already broke down. Gonna be interesting to see line trends last week compared to this week though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I wasn't saying it was surprising, I was just posting in-thread for anybody that's reading that intends to go today :smith:

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Someone on disboards said Space Mountain has plenty of LL$ availability.

Also someone confirmed, like Disneyland MaxPass, if you book a LL reservation or whatever we're calling it for more than 2 hours in the future, you can get another selection after 2 hours.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

couldcareless posted:

Maybe I'm crazy, but I prefer a low supply.
What's more LOL is that rise already broke down. Gonna be interesting to see line trends last week compared to this week though

I would be PISSED if I paid $15 a head for ROR and didn't get to experience half the ride.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Jose Oquendo posted:

I would be PISSED if I paid $15 a head for ROR and didn't get to experience half the ride.

I actually concur with this. Hearing that the LL folks for RotR skip the preshows is sorta insane.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I've been poking around the Disney app this morning, and it pains me to admit it, but if would probably pay the 11 dollars a person they're asking right now to skip the Flight of Passage line.

Generally I would rope drop FoP, or jump in line at the end of the night, but if for some reason I couldn't do that, or I wanted to ride a second time... yeah I'd pay it. It's probably the only ride I'd pay the LL+/$ for though.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
FoP is just 80 minutes right now in the middle of the day. That's not terrible, especially back in the days of old FP+ it would probably be 120+ at this point. Factor in a 20 minute buffer on that 80 minutes and I wouldn't be shocked if that wait was just an hour.

https://twitter.com/Schmoofy/status/1450409812328689664

Oh disney IT....

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Just joking but who was in charge of Genie,Genie+ and lightning lanes who now has the potential to be airbrushed out of the photos ala groundbreaking of World of Pandora photo in the Canteen.

cheeeeesecake
Aug 16, 2003
We pretty much walked in and walked out of Hollywood studios this morning. Thank goodness for park hopper in another hour. There were just way too many people there. Yay skyliner. Best ride of the day!

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

they gave all d23 members free genie+ with lightning lane today, I guess

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

cheeeeesecake posted:

We pretty much walked in and walked out of Hollywood studios this morning. Thank goodness for park hopper in another hour. There were just way too many people there. Yay skyliner. Best ride of the day!

Yeah it does seem crazy there today.

Magic Kingdom isn't bad at all. Some of the wait times are up there, but there seem to be plenty of LL slots for everything. Seems totally doable to book a ride for something and then do a couple rides in the meantime.

edit: Has anyone found a way to add on G+ for existing packages?

skipdogg posted:

I've been poking around the Disney app this morning, and it pains me to admit it, but if would probably pay the 11 dollars a person they're asking right now to skip the Flight of Passage line.

Generally I would rope drop FoP, or jump in line at the end of the night, but if for some reason I couldn't do that, or I wanted to ride a second time... yeah I'd pay it. It's probably the only ride I'd pay the LL+/$ for though.

It definitely depends on the park. Like, Animal Kingdom is weird that the other pay to ride is Everest, which typically has totally acceptable wait times. Now, you can skip rope drop, sleep in, pay to ride FOP when you get there, do all the other rides no problem.

I guess it's the usual question of "what is my time worth"

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Oct 19, 2021

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
I bought genie plus. It I have no drat idea how to use.it, is it only day of?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Fixins posted:

I bought genie plus. It I have no drat idea how to use.it, is it only day of?

You can buy it day of or add it on to existing ticket/resort,etc package.

But you can't start doing reservations until that day.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Okay thank you. It let me buy it a week ahead of time but then didn't let me choose anything

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I'm assuming ILLs on FoP uses the old FP lane and avoids the cool rear end lab and stuff, huh? :smith:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Fixins posted:

Okay thank you. It let me buy it a week ahead of time but then didn't let me choose anything

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/genie/lightning-lane/

I would definitely read this to understand how it works.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m so happy I went the day I did. I got to ride Rise twice and went on FoP pretty much right away. It was a good day.

Had a ronto wrap and a rum and blue milk. So gross looking but good

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/Blog_Mickey/status/1450594332721954817

Give Disney your money and get nothing.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I wonder who they talked to? I would think if they went to the customer service desk and talked to them they could get a refund.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Jose Oquendo posted:

I wonder who they talked to? I would think if they went to the customer service desk and talked to them they could get a refund.

Yeah that feels like a "blanket statement is no refunds so people don't back out at the last second etc. etc. but oh god give it to them if they get hosed" going wrong. They can't be stupid enough to punish people for poo poo breaking in that fashion.

Edit: Also I'm so glad I got to ride Rise a couple of times when it was new and fully functional. Seeing it either half crippled or just shut down seems sad as hell.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Jose Oquendo posted:

You shouldn't have to take time out of your vacation to stand in line at customer service for this, they should just refund you and still extend your window.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

:lol: if they don't give refunds when it's their poo poo breaking this is going to be fuckin magical.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Update:

https://twitter.com/Blog_Mickey/sta...s1_c10&ref_url=

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
A gift card is not a refund lol

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Bottom Liner posted:

A gift card is not a refund lol

"Yeah, the mouse is keeping your money. But hey, here's some Disney fun bucks. Enjoy your third of a T-shirt!"

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

WhiteHowler posted:

"Yeah, the mouse is keeping your money. But hey, here's some Disney fun bucks. Enjoy your third of a T-shirt!"

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
So I read that wait times are about the same or longer now with genie plus? That true?

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

It seems that way, but this is a really slow time at the parks. The true test will be thanksgiving.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Fair enough. I also saw you share a booth at ogas with random people now similar to biergarten, that seems unfun

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Fun thing about walking to the entrance but not being in the park yet is flipping off trump 2024 shirts

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

https://youtu.be/POGN_75Nxug
So animal kingdom kite show

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Ok I'll bite. What?

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I was waiting for Simba to come flying toward you and get stuck in the tree but nothing happened

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Fixins posted:

Fair enough. I also saw you share a booth at ogas with random people now similar to biergarten, that seems unfun

It's a bar, strike up a conversation, brag about how much coaxium you stole from the First Order (or how badly you wrecked the Falcon)

(if you are not the sort who thinks that is fun yeah probably, but we exchanged pleasantries with our neighbors and it was fine).

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Boxman posted:

It's a bar, strike up a conversation, brag about how much coaxium you stole from the First Order (or how badly you wrecked the Falcon)

(if you are not the sort who thinks that is fun yeah probably, but we exchanged pleasantries with our neighbors and it was fine).

Talk to them about how it's weird to be sharing a booth with people with all this space plague going around

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Hazo posted:

Ok I'll bite. What?

The latest, saddest water parade

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

congrats on your video evidence of exactly 1 kite surviving a turn. what a mess that show is.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

congrats on your video evidence of exactly 1 kite surviving a turn. what a mess that show is.

I was too busy yawning to make a full documentary of how bored people were, thank you. I was there it's my boring video of one kite pass with music, it's missing the other 12 passes and 3 song changes

Edit here's propaganda https://youtu.be/YCAj7zPCBXI

Upsidads fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Oct 21, 2021

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Kite Tails is 100% the sort of thing we're going to look back in decades from now and remember it as that time Animal Kingdom got weird, not unlike the circus show at Epcot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

The projected video on water jets show was weird, this was disappointing.
I think they should aim for an animatronic lifelike critter that lives in the pond. Like the dragon in the castle