Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

mahershalalhashbaz posted:

mum did a dna test too and now my grandmother has two surprise half-siblings lol

my mom now has two half cousins that came from some combination of her father or some of his three brothers. everyone in the family is trying real hard to pretend we never learned this and not to try to think about who might have been cheating

i was a good enough son not to say "i told you so". i am still mad about making it harder for me to commit cold case crimes though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

hello dadchat

saw this and wanted to share it
https://twitter.com/devtesla/status/1446653995808866306?s=20

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Lmao

"Hold jump button longer to jump higher" has been a thing in games at least as far back as Super Mario Bros in 1985.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
hahahahaha

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
That is some impressive failure to learn the controls.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

lmao euph is usually a bad gimmick but this one is good

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

putting the "dad" in "dadchat"

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica
lmao i saw that earlier but didn't notice it was euph

our proudest son

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
my job is sending me to fire fighter training so if a giant rear end fire rolls through i can stand behind the firefighters in the middle of the swirling inferno and tell them which plants not to run over with their armored helldozers. i have to learn the right tools and techniques such that the unstoppable firestorm slowly smothers me instead of reducing my flesh to cinders while i still live

this particular facet of the job was not in the description i applied for

it's not his fault, dads are congenitally bad at videogames. it comes in a obligatory kit with the lovely jokes

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica
every time i close my eyes i see john belushi singing rawhide

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
critical support for euphronius

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

i was just thinking today and realized prime-dadchat was like ~2015 and that this was six years ago

it made me feel old

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

sudo rm -rf posted:

i was just thinking today and realized prime-dadchat was like ~2015 and that this was six years ago

it made me feel old

prime dadchat was Randler posting German gangsta rap in the steam group

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
tbh without villains we lack cohesion, zoux and volkerball and dickeye were the glue that kept us all together

atriptothebeach
Oct 27, 2020

dickeye was wonderful tho, i hope they are well

atriptothebeach
Oct 27, 2020

:ohdear:

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

If you look closely, it was in as "Arson duties as assigned"

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

atriptothebeach posted:

dickeye was wonderful tho, i hope they are well

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
watching bernie run a zoom meeting is wild in a way i can't describe

Paracaidas posted:

If you look closely, it was in as "Arson duties as assigned"

dang, i thought it was going to be the fun kind of arson

it's fine, there's no way our parks could burn for the fourth year out of five. surely fires in southern california have run their course

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

it's not his fault, dads are congenitally bad at videogames.
Bullshit, I'm much better at Starcraft now

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica
gojm i was about to say "can you look for a new job" but then i remembered this is the new job

i hope the inevitable fiery doom stuff is the only downside and it's all positive apart from that

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

With climate change moving along quicker than expected California is just going to be perpetually on fire so it wont matter what job he takes, dealing with the incoming inferno of death will always be part of the job.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Well eventually it'll turn into desert and there won't be much to burn.....

.....other than the rich and venture capitalists :anarchists:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Arent most of them in the process of moving to places like New Zealand to avoid exactly that fate?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnGzLlwmjSU

mahershalalhashbaz posted:

gojm i was about to say "can you look for a new job" but then i remembered this is the new job

i hope the inevitable fiery doom stuff is the only downside and it's all positive apart from that

aside from this it's been good so far. i'm going to have a hand in some very cool projects taking place on land that was a major part of my youth. also cashed the first paycheck which covered about 40% of september and it was almost equivalent to an entire months worth at the old job

i'm keeping my fingers crossed that i only have to go to the small, pleasant fires. also that my heart doesn't give out on the fitness test

Cicero posted:

Bullshit, I'm much better at Starcraft now

just keep repeating this to yourself in a few years when your spawn is obliterating you at vr ultra-pong or whatever the gently caress

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

if you're going to do conservation in california(?) being prepared for the inevitable hellish firestorm seems only reasonable tbh

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

my job is sending me to fire fighter training so if a giant rear end fire rolls through i can stand behind the firefighters in the middle of the swirling inferno and tell them which plants not to run over with their armored helldozers. i have to learn the right tools and techniques such that the unstoppable firestorm slowly smothers me instead of reducing my flesh to cinders while i still live

Stay safe mr. Muir, and try to keep the firemans alive too. It's a big ask, but you can do it, we believe in you!

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnGzLlwmjSU

aside from this it's been good so far. i'm going to have a hand in some very cool projects taking place on land that was a major part of my youth. also cashed the first paycheck which covered about 40% of september and it was almost equivalent to an entire months worth at the old job
summoned to the wilderness of your childhood to face the burning bush. i need you to know: i have always loved you

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.
Alec Baldwin killed a lady and is probably going to prison:
https://www.npr.org/2021/10/21/1048246249/woman-killed-alec-baldwin-film-prop-firearm-new-mexico

Blank guns sure seem to kill a lot of people

America Inc. fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Oct 22, 2021

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
This week I ended up in a conversation about how there was a forum that hosts cringe revolutionary cosplay doomposting where a bunch of weirdos worked each other up into a froth about being the revolutionary vanguard or whatever and escalated to one poster straight up shooting people at brawls, and then after the shooting went back to the same forum on an alt to find where people were posting about it so they could post about how the shooter was so cool and this was awesome, and this was also the forum that invented slenderman and they asked me if I had heard of it, and I had to smile sweetly and go "something awful? haha! what a weird name, I sure have never heard of that before!"

Exact same extremely nervous energy as years ago when someone at work asked me if the narwhal bacons at midnight and I absolutely had to pretend not to know anything

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
cspa m poster, here

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.
I suspect at least one of my coworkers is a goon, but I'm not exactly eager to find out. I do know 1 goon irl who makes excellent music.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
everyone go see dune 20 times so they'll make another one for me

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

No don't, just chill at home and watch Into the Spider-verse instead

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

The special effects and little details of the movie really make Dune, but the double edged sword of that is that you need to understand the context of those details by having read the books.

It seems to me that it would've been better as a tv show to let you soak in everything more slowly.

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

no hay camino posted:

The special effects and little details of the movie really make Dune, but the double edged sword of that is that you need to understand the context of those details by having read the books.

It seems to me that it would've been better as a tv show to let you soak in everything more slowly.

This is, afaik, nearly always true of adaptations, now that there's a culture of production of high-gloss high-budget television series that feel free to burn through movie-level quantities of money a la GoT. Adaptations of a book are best as a glossy miniseries, and adaptations of a book series are best as a full-blown series.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Seeing as motive is a big factor I doubt he will go to jail

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

everyone go see dune 20 times so they'll make another one for me

I mean, they've basically confirmed Part II is happening, so I wouldn't worry?

no hay camino posted:

Yeah, and this is what SciFi did with the Dune Miniseries in 2000 as well as the children of dune miniseries, and it was really well done.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah, and this is what SciFi did with the Dune Miniseries in 2000 as well as the children of dune miniseries, and it was really well done.

I was kind of afraid of posting this take, but I really agree, the Dune sciffy miniseries is pretty good in my opinion. Obviously some of the CGI etc. are really dated now, but they had... Interesting costuming, and there's Ian McNeice having an absolute blast being BARON VLADIMIR HARKONNEN, it's really fun.

Rappaport fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Oct 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Rappaport posted:

I was kind of afraid of posting this take, but I really agree, the Dune sciffy miniseries is pretty good in my opinion. Obviously some of the CGI etc. are really dated now, but they had... Interesting costuming, and there's Ian McNeice having an absolute blast being BARON VLADIMIR HARKONNEN, it's really fun.

Ian McNeice practically MADE that roll sing, I like his more Shakespearian take on the Baron versus the 80s "He's a bloated monster" version.