Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

Oh gently caress seriously? Owns

Not that there’s anything wrong with the fan translations— they’re good and I’m grateful— but I want this series in paperback

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
:same:

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

Lol I was reading Japanese stuff about the Violinist of Hamelin anime and apparently the director wanted it to be still images because he liked the last episodes of Eva and it had nothing to do with budget or schedule

The only good thing about TV Violinist of Hamelin is the music.
LOL at the bait and switch with the movie that tonally actually followed the manga.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I was 20 in 2008

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lurking Haro posted:

The only good thing about TV Violinist of Hamelin is the music.
LOL at the bait and switch with the movie that tonally actually followed the manga.

The manga's sense of humor is a little too obnoxious for me so a nice in-between would have been nice, like what the show had going on in the first few episodes before it became all melodrama all the time

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Namtab posted:

I was 20 in 2008
*counting on fingers* ... yikes

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Chris Ayers has passed away.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

drat, rip to the best monkey hater in the galaxy. That really sucks.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
In today's Tubi anime, the female captain wears a monocle.

And an AI missile goes awol into deep space because they don't like the military, and also learned the concept of self-preservation.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Mister Facetious posted:

Hot Fuzz was fun. I don't watch many Simon Pegg films though.

nick_frost_shame.jpg

mycophobia posted:

UPDATE i got my k-on bluray in the mail. the little nubs that hold the discs in seem a little weak but other than that it looks like a quality product. $80 including shipping well spent.

yay

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

That sucks rear end. Him and his brother seemed to come to the con I used to work for every year since the first time we could afford guests. I don't really care about con guests but they were decent fellas and really fun to hang out with at the bar or when grabbing food.

I thought it was Greg at first which is even more surprising since he seemed to party harder and had a health scare a while back. It's been years since I've seen them or been to a con though so maybe something changed in the meantime.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I didn’t know it was terminal but I think he’s been doing real bad for a while, they’ve been using an understudy for the games/Super and he did the Broly movie at something like 11% lung capacity.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Mister Facetious posted:

In today's Tubi anime, the female captain wears a monocle.

And an AI missile goes awol into deep space because they don't like the military, and also learned the concept of self-preservation.

The first few seasons of Galaxy Angel are good times: they gave the animation studio the character designs and the voice actors, but not the series bibles and just told them to do whatever.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Ardeem posted:

The first few seasons of Galaxy Angel are good times: they gave the animation studio the character designs and the voice actors, but not the series bibles and just told them to do whatever.

They were fun! I liked the games quite a bit too..

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Endorph posted:

grouchio why do you think im going to watch a 30 minute video of what is essentially a podcast

marumaru
May 20, 2013

ended up reading a comment thread on Reddit about the cowboy bebop trailer and holy poo poo, i don't think a single comment was positive.
some people also linked cowboy bebop fights and they make the trailer look even worse. spike fights are even smoother than i remembered
also Cho doesn't smirk even once. trash

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

marumaru posted:

ended up reading a comment thread on Reddit

well there's your mistake

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

This forum and reddit end up sharing 99% of the same opinions. Really makes you think!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

sometimes i wish we had some of reddit here, like the strange guy i found defending against a bunch of negative posts about the latest Fena ep

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I've been saying from the start that Fena is 2000s as gently caress and what's more 2000s than writing yourself into a corner in the penultimate episode? It rules, no lie.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Last Celebration posted:

I didn’t know it was terminal but I think he’s been doing real bad for a while, they’ve been using an understudy for the games/Super and he did the Broly movie at something like 11% lung capacity.

drat, I didn't know he had COPD. He always seemed active in those combat panels he did with cosplayers, but I guess smoking catches up with you eventually.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

I've been saying from the start that Fena is 2000s as gently caress and what's more 2000s than writing yourself into a corner in the penultimate episode? It rules, no lie.

Fena feels very much like something ADV would of co-produced in the early 00's which is why I can't drop it despite it being pretty bad

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Ardeem posted:

Not familiar with the source material or anything, but I think it's charming and reminds of of a more goofy Dirty Pair Flash from the nineties.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/Mark_TDD/status/1449658972735094790?s=20

Every victim of the arson was also credited, either for their contributions to the movie before the arson or with the rest of the employees.

I just watched Violet Evergarden the Movie last night. There's about a thirty minute stretch of it where I'm in tears. So, you know, true to form for Violet Evergarden and fitting that it would have a dedication in the credits that would also make me cry.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i'm gonna watch cowboy bebop THE REAL and you can't stop me

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Fena feels very much like something ADV would of co-produced in the early 00's which is why I can't drop it despite it being pretty bad

It's good, OP.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I mean even by 00's anime standards Fena is very much not good. It's pretty but not good

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the anime that defines 2000s aesthetic for me is g u n x s w o r d

e: or maybe Noir

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Patware posted:

i'm gonna watch cowboy bebop THE REAL and you can't stop me

I watched the real and now I can't sleep because Blue is playing on repeat in my head.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

This forum and reddit end up sharing 99% of the same opinions. Really makes you think!

just because nobody on reddit watched the pachinko anime either doesn't mean we're the same :mad:

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
ive seen all 2 episodes of prisma nana though?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

prisma what

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
how many episodes of banana no nana did you watch

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

still loling when some guy was like 'dont turn this into reddit where nobody can say this anime is fascist!!!' about kyoukai senki and then i went to the reddit thread for it and the second most upvoted comment was 'this show seems kinda fascist' 'yeah a bit but we'll see where it goes i guess'

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The 7th Guest posted:

the anime that defines 2000s aesthetic for me is g u n x s w o r d
Gunxsword is an OK show

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Endorph posted:

still loling when some guy was like 'dont turn this into reddit where nobody can say this anime is fascist!!!' about kyoukai senki and then i went to the reddit thread for it and the second most upvoted comment was 'this show seems kinda fascist' 'yeah a bit but we'll see where it goes i guess'

lol

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Endorph posted:

lol

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I Am Fowl posted:

I just watched Violet Evergarden the Movie last night. There's about a thirty minute stretch of it where I'm in tears. So, you know, true to form for Violet Evergarden and fitting that it would have a dedication in the credits that would also make me cry.

Zorak?????

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

marumaru posted:

ended up reading a comment thread on Reddit about the cowboy bebop trailer and holy poo poo, i don't think a single comment was positive.
The Lost Gig short was fun until Vicious dragged it into bad game cutscene territory. So basically all the fun will come out of doing its own thing and not being a shot by shot remake of the animu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

Namtab posted:

Zorak?????

i dont get it