Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Danann posted:

Festering Desire made Jean hilariously strong during the event especially towards the end where you got all the buffs.

Her Q animation is also perfect for an obviously malevolent cursed sworn with an eye in the cross guard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Am I correct in understanding that the playable Raiden Shogun is the puppet doppelganger and the real one is... Somewhere else doing her own thing?

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Acerbatus posted:

Am I correct in understanding that the playable Raiden Shogun is the puppet doppelganger and the real one is... Somewhere else doing her own thing?

Seems that way. We get to play with the partially-disabled murderbot.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

You could run a jank Childe fireworks comp with Childe/Fischl/Lisa/Bennett. You could also run Hu Tao/Xiangling/Anemo Traveler/Thoma as a monopyro team.

Why did I allow you Bennett in the first comp? Bennett is in Paimon's Bargains in November, just buy him then with the currencies you get from rolling. As for Hu Tao, Thoma's literally designed to work with her, and odds are the other two characters on her banner will work okay with her. If they put Diona on it you could run a jank-rear end melt comp with that. Xingqui will also be in Paimon's Bargains in a couple months.

So just roll for whoever you want. 4 stars aren't that hard to come by, especially not Bennett and Xingqui. It'll probably be nearly a year before Hu Tao gets rerun, but it'll only be a few months before you have a guaranteed Xingqui so long as you save up the currency you get from wishing for him. Doesn't exactly make sense to hold out on rolling for Hu Tao just because you don't have him right this instant.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pope Urbane II posted:

Seems that way. We get to play with the partially-disabled murderbot.

I'm fascinated to see how the hangout event or whatever plays out with that in consideration.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
I see a lot of teams include an Anemo character where it's not obvious what it does for the composition. Is that just for Viridescent Venerer? If so, are there any teams where you don't want an Anemo? (I guess other than physical damage ones)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Redmark posted:

I see a lot of teams include an Anemo character where it's not obvious what it does for the composition. Is that just for Viridescent Venerer? If so, are there any teams where you don't want an Anemo? (I guess other than physical damage ones)
It's for VV and because most Anemo characters are really good at grouping enemies for AOE. Most of them have some kind of utility, too. Sucrose boosts Elemental Mastery, Jean and Sayu double as healers, Venti and Kazuha boost elemental damage, and Anemo Traveler has an additional resistance shred on top of VV. Lots of teams don't use an Anemo character. Raiden National doesn't, for instance, and Fireworks teams tend not to. Eula doesn't especially want one on a team either, since as you mentioned a lot of her damage is physical.

Generally, an Anemo character is used when a team is already mostly 'complete' with 3 characters and can use the 4th slot for an additional damage boost.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Acerbatus posted:

Ei's consciousness is contained in her sword, which the Shogun puppet is able to summon when you hit Q. It's possible for her to leave the Plane of Euthymia...somehow. (Her story quest deliberately doesn't explain how it works, so it's probably not as simple as taking over and piloting the Shogun-body for a while.) Most of the voicelines that play in the overworld are said by the Shogun, although Ei does have a remark in response to lightning striking and she delivers half of the voicelines that unlock at Friendship 4-6, including the "More About Ei" voicelines, which play automatically when you hit the corresponding friendship level. Ei also does the teapot conversation lines.

So, kind of. We seem to be driving the Shogun when we run around Teyvat, given that the triggered voicelines are all done in her mechanical voice. It's harder to tell the difference with the combat voicelines. IMO, the skill callouts sound like the Shogun, but the burst callouts are more ambiguous. The assumption that Ei takes over and does the fighting when you hit burst and the Shogun pulls her out is a perfectly plausible one until we get info that disputes it.

Redmark posted:

Zhongli does resistance shred too, though it's 20% compared to VV's 40%. Resistance shred has diminishing returns, so VV is less useful on teams that use him and vice versa.

Geo and Anemo generally don't play so well together, since they can't react with each other and Crystallize reactions can clear elements that Anemo would have wanted around for Swirling purposes. It depends on which characters you're running, though.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
drat, why are the Inazuma world quests all so loving dark?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I have actually seen people running Venti/Zhongli/Raiden a decent amount tho I imagine that's more for Team Archon memes than it is for gameplay function. Genuinely wonder if the Dendro Archon will actually be able to glue that one together.

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

Redmark posted:

Yep, you got it. VV offers a substantial gain to the teams elemental damage output. Physical doesn't benefit from VV, but every element besides geo and anemo wants that boost.

Where are you seeing anemo that's not obvious?

I run kazuha wirh eula in the overworld for instance because his CC vortex sucks almost everything into the blender.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

So 2 things happened today:

First I feel like I hit the jackpot on drops for Signora

Second, this motherfucker hit level 81 via natural experience (on Azdaha no less)

And since my broke brain won't accept a ones digit that isn't 0....

Congrats on becoming my 2nd level 90 and murdering my book supply. :v:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Endorph posted:

I have actually seen people running Venti/Zhongli/Raiden a decent amount tho I imagine that's more for Team Archon memes than it is for gameplay function. Genuinely wonder if the Dendro Archon will actually be able to glue that one together.

Raiden and Venti go well together since her burst and he burst attacks can hit him in the swirl. Zhong is good for his shield and for paralyzing enemies. They're no the worst combo.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

at least zhongli has actual HP scaling so leveling him to 90 isnt that big a waste, 3000 HP on him is a couple thousand points of burst damage once you add in multipliers and such

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Acerbatus posted:

The impression I got is that you've got the full package as usual. Who's speaking when is beyond me though.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bloody Emissary posted:

Ei's consciousness is contained in her sword, which the Shogun puppet is able to summon when you hit Q. It's possible for her to leave the Plane of Euthymia...somehow. (Her story quest deliberately doesn't explain how it works, so it's probably not as simple as taking over and piloting the Shogun-body for a while.) Most of the voicelines that play in the overworld are said by the Shogun, although Ei does have a remark in response to lightning striking and she delivers half of the voicelines that unlock at Friendship 4-6, including the "More About Ei" voicelines, which play automatically when you hit the corresponding friendship level. Ei also does the teapot conversation lines.

So, kind of. We seem to be driving the Shogun when we run around Teyvat, given that the triggered voicelines are all done in her mechanical voice. It's harder to tell the difference with the combat voicelines. IMO, the skill callouts sound like the Shogun, but the burst callouts are more ambiguous. The assumption that Ei takes over and does the fighting when you hit burst and the Shogun pulls her out is a perfectly plausible one until we get info that disputes it.

Haven't finished Inazuma yet so it might come up but does it ever completely explain if the Shogun has uh... her? own mind? I can't tell if it's like, a sci-fi AI vs running a script.

Boat Stuck posted:

drat, why are the Inazuma world quests all so loving dark?

Why is every chest and electrocculus a homeric ordeal? :negative:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph posted:

at least zhongli has actual HP scaling so leveling him to 90 isnt that big a waste, 3000 HP on him is a couple thousand points of burst damage once you add in multipliers and such
Actually just plugged it into a damage calculator, with a decent artifact set and hitting a hilichurl with it it's pretty much exactly an extra 3000 damage on crit bursts. So yeah, not the worst thing to do with your books if you're using Zhongli a ton.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
What is the thread title a reference to? I've got far too many hours in this game to have missed a gently caress cloud I don't read dialogue

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

a post in the old thread about Venti's burst

or something, i found it last time someone asked but don't want to sort all my stupid posts to find that again

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Acerbatus posted:

Haven't finished Inazuma yet so it might come up but does it ever completely explain if the Shogun has uh... her? own mind? I can't tell if it's like, a sci-fi AI vs running a script.

It gets kinda explained at the start of Raiden's story quest. The Shogun is an AI based on Ei, but she's deliberately designed to be subordinate to Ei's wishes and as unchanging as possible. Ei calls the Shogun "one of [her] forms of existence," so the Shogun isn't an entirely separate being from Ei per se.

Maybe it's something like the difference between Katherynes?

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Acerbatus posted:

Why is every chest and electrocculus a homeric ordeal? :negative:

I finally found the 180th electrocculus today (still need that final extra and I have no clue where the gently caress it is) and I'm so tired and ready to pass out into my bed made from an in-ground olive tree.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/aetioncc/status/1450389107117461508?t=FR0sOq39cH51WAxkCH5tBA&s=19

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

goals

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Note Block posted:

I finally found the 180th electrocculus today (still need that final extra and I have no clue where the gently caress it is) and I'm so tired and ready to pass out into my bed made from an in-ground olive tree.

I'll bite. pics

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Hot take, probably time for a new thread title. Honestly should've happened around 2.0

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I'll bite. pics

This is the best pic I can find of it, in the background

I love Homer and the Odyssey, I'm sorry

Note Block fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Oct 20, 2021

kater
Nov 16, 2010

feels weird not having a new character for so long. last rerun was like what early june? i just crowned hu tao i dont even have a hp artifact. im using atk% sands and hat. those can't be good choices!

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Genshin Impact: Paimon deals, player spiels, anime heels

humpthewind posted:

What is the thread title a reference to?

Bigger enemies resist anemo suction. They still get pulled but don't instantly ragdoll into the center of Venti's Q like small enemies do. I think at the time we were talking about how level also affects that. It's best not to think too hard about the gently caress cloud.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Bloody Emissary posted:

Geo and Anemo generally don't play so well together, since they can't react with each other and Crystallize reactions can clear elements that Anemo would have wanted around for Swirling purposes. It depends on which characters you're running, though.

Meanwhile double geo double anemo is Xiao's best team :v:
Although that's more because as an anemo maindps he can't benefit from reactions at all and geo resonance is one of the few remaining ways to boost his damage.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Meanwhile double geo double anemo is Xiao's best team

Better than pyro resonance?

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

raverrn posted:

Better than pyro resonance?

Its more the fact that you want Zhongli in the team since the only sources of anemo resist shred right now are: zhongli, 5* constelations and anemo travelers clunky ult. Then you usually need anemo battery so that leaves no room for anything else.
No mater how bad people think geo support and gearing options are, Xiao has it so much worse.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

looking forward to the anemo version of gorou

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yunjin in 2.4 :pray:

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

gandlethorpe posted:

Hot take, probably time for a new thread title. Honestly should've happened around 2.0

not a hot take, I've always hated this title

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dogsicle posted:

yunjin in 2.4 :pray:
if she's in 2.4 she could come with a xiao rerun which would then actually mean she'd be a character that supports xiao. its all coming together.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The rhythm minigame is so professionally done except the note placement is all messed up (wasn't as bad as last time until today's song). You do better with the music off.

EDIT:

No Wave fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Oct 20, 2021

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
I really hate the rhythm game. It doesn't match the music, and you have to click at times that are not intuitive.

Kale
May 14, 2010

I'm still hard pressed to think of any worse Daily Quest for lost time than the Gentleman Strikes one on Yashiori Island. Like it's fine if a bit nerve wracking if you don't get discovered but if you do it still turns into the most absolute tedious daily mission of them all by a long shot. Like hey lets put a bunch of buffed Fat Men with ice guns on this island where it always loving rains and see how fun that is to deal with. Not only does the attack last way the gently caress too long but it's hit box seems to go well beyond the the ice particles and all it takes is a slight graze to get completely stopped in your tracks and take a whole bunch of chunky damage and then probably get frozen again trying to get out of range until the attack finally stops for like a couple seconds at a time. It's really truly loving awful and has made me switch off of Inazuma for daily quests multiple times and I'm probably doing it again after this latest one. It might not be so horrendously bad if I had Yoimiya or a built up Yanfei (seriously considering trying to build her a bit now) to attack with fire at range instead of just Diluc to try to play footsies with it's ice gun attack and probably still get frozen by the extended range.

Once I clear the Orobashi world quest and hopefully the constant rain goes away it might not be so annoying but I just don't want to get this one anymore in my commissions if it's gonna be like this so back to Mondstadt setting it is. This is like the one quest in the game I find really and truly annoying as gently caress though.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Wow good timing on the thread title stuff, I'll be going back into publish or perish mode in a few days so now is the perfect time for people to

:siren: SUGGEST NEW THREAD TITLES!! :siren:

although really people can do that whenever and if I catch it and like it I will probably just request a change

Let's get a new one by Monday! Can post here or ping me in the discord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selane
May 19, 2006

humpthewind posted:

What is the thread title a reference to? I've got far too many hours in this game to have missed a gently caress cloud I don't read dialogue
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3947706&pagenumber=603&perpage=40#post516220215