Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

All hail The Cryobong! :2bong: :coolzone:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Gibbo’s WhatsApp group is blowing up as we speak

https://twitter.com/bethrigby/status/1450766099721691143?s=21

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Really excited for Brenda to finally cark it so we can all break out necrothatcher.gif and have a good old laugh

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Answers Me posted:

So sad............. anyway.

Got enough eejits over here without importing them.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Brenda dying will be the pretext for UK government banning Twitter to prevent the spread of disrespectful image macros.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

keep punching joe posted:

Brenda dying will be the pretext for UK government banning Twitter to prevent the spread of disrespectful image macros.

Some boomer is gonna stand up in the House of Commons and ask the governement to ban the use of disrespectful may-mays about brenda carking it on the internet, or at least make it a criminal offense punishable by jail time.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
This country is already running at an absolute fever pitch of insanity, I'm genuinely concerned about how unhinged things will get if she dies imminently.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

sebzilla posted:

Really excited for Brenda to finally cark it so we can all break out necrothatcher.gif and have a good old laugh

my boss specifically told me not to speak to any TV cameras after the queen dies.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Speak to their microphones instead.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

peanut- posted:

This country is already running at an absolute fever pitch of insanity, I'm genuinely concerned about how unhinged things will get if she dies imminently.

Remember those scenes of North Koreans wailing and rolling around in the street when Kim Jong Il died? That except they're much fatter dressed head to toe in a suit of poppies and banging pots and pans.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

peanut- posted:

Yeah honestly I'm not sure I can take it right now

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

We’d get a bank holiday though, right

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Still annoyed at the plans to con me personally out of two bank holidays for the funeral and coronation

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Lady Gaza posted:

No

We do however get a bank holiday next year for the jubilee... if she survives

https://twitter.com/PoliticsForAlI/status/1450769435162300417

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Lady Gaza posted:

They'd probably find someway to shaft us out of it.

I can even picture the headlines "Workshy millennials DISRESPECT memory of THE QUEEN by demanding day off work"

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Remember those scenes of North Koreans wailing and rolling around in the street when Kim Jong Il died? That except they're much fatter dressed head to toe in a suit of poppies and banging pots and pans.

If she died on remembrance sunday, the country would spontaneously combust tbh

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Necrothatcher posted:

my boss specifically told me not to speak to any TV cameras after the queen dies.

Ah, so they didn't say anything about interpretive dance?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Royal sons to be put in charge of celebrations. Clean for the Queen. Sing for the King. Nonce for the Prince.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

fuctifino posted:

Oh, a TCC goon named the bong last night: The Cryobong

Dub Zero

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I got a ban on my local newspaper's facebook page for typing 'The Duke of Deadinburgh" when Philip snuffed it.

Is there an equally offensive-to-gammons phrase for Liz for when she finally dies?

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Answers Me posted:

That last sentence almost sounds like a threat

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

When I was seeing Buckingham Palace was trending I was at least expecting like... a fire or some nutter climbing the gates.

The Queen sitting on her arse for a few days is immensely disappointing.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

She's pining for the fjords

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

SixFigureSandwich posted:

That last sentence almost sounds like a threat

*stabs u in the belly* The Windsors send their regards!

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Covid for the Queen.

Nationwide campaign to infect everyone with Covid and get Covid done once and for all. Her majesty will be laid to rest in a tomb made of the skulls of the martyrs.

also.

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1450781452858232838

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

fuctifino posted:

I got a ban on my local newspaper's facebook page for typing 'The Duke of Deadinburgh" when Philip snuffed it.

Is there an equally offensive-to-gammons phrase for Liz for when she finally dies?
Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, and of her other Realms and Territories Queen, Dead of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith :smug:

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Instead of the actually good reason for banning Twitter, which is that it’s Twitter.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Beefeater1980 posted:

Instead of the actually good reason for banning Twitter, which is that it’s Twitter.

anything that makes hacks this mad is worth keeping around

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58979992

quote:

The nation's longest-reigning monarch has attended a series of events in recent days, hosting a Global Investment Summit at Windsor Castle on Tuesday evening.

Earlier in the day, she held two audiences via video link, greeting the Japanese ambassador Hajime Hayashi and the EU ambassador Joao de Almeida.

On Monday, she held a virtual audience with the new governor-general of New Zealand, and at the weekend, she attended the races at Ascot.

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

fuctifino posted:

Queen Lizn't?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Can't allow extremist content that undermines public trust, such as
https://twitter.com/JimMFelton/status/1450556384332984327

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Covid for the Queen.

Nationwide campaign to infect everyone with Covid and get Covid done once and for all. Her majesty will be laid to rest in a tomb made of the skulls of the martyrs.

also.

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1450781452858232838

Important to point out that the Bill hasn't even been written yet & Kieth is supporting it.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Beefeater1980 posted:

It drives them loving mad, they hate it so much that anyone can drive by @ them and call them a oval office.

I posit that despite Twitter being a vector for gossip and nastiness, it has a net benefit when it aimed specifically at a certain type of liberal English melt.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

forkboy84 posted:

Important to point out that the Bill hasn't even been written yet & Kieth is supporting it.

There's a draft, apparently. He's still an idiot to declare that he's supporting it before amendments are submitted though.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

forkboy84 posted:

Yeah but he also knows that there is anything the Tories can put forward that he won't support

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

I don't really see it going anywhere apart from a bunch of statements of intent, like that you should use your real name, and twitter should hand over ip / registration details. The government cannot legislate against Facebook or especially twitter. The only way to enforce a law against twitter would be to threaten to ban it, and Boris' journo friends would go absolutely bezerk if the tories even tried.

What does worry me though is the possibility of them strengthening the firewall so minor sites can't get through. We'll probably lose SA and suchlike, and twitter and whatsapp will remain despite being the primary source of most of the country's hate radicalisation.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
an ancient law dating from the reign of edward the confessor will oblige the UK to go to war with china for causing death of the monarch by spread of pox :witch:

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Just had an interview I did about fudge, Fudjit and related matters at the festival I traded at last month drop.

Go to timestamp 22:04 at https://anchor.fm/ginger-and-spice-festival/episodes/Series-2--Ep-4-Ginger--Spice-Festival-2021-e18v4ve if you want to hear me ramble about how it started, how it’s going and baked beans.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Oh dear me posted:

Queen Lizn't?

That's loving amazing. lol

In other news, also lol https://twitter.com/DankAckroyd/status/1450722814294638597

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

lol yikes

Coincidentally I'm supposed to be going to a stag this Saturday at Cheltenham race course and I'm getting pretty nervous about being surrounded by huge crowds of unmasked boozed up gammons. Wasn't one of the first big spreading events Cheltenham?

Also I'm not going to know anyone there except the stag and two lads from uni I haven't spoken to in fourteen years.

Kinda wanna gently caress it off tbh