Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Though I have met people that are very weird about it. The same people lent me a book that I was forbidden to open more than 45° do I didn't ruin the spine. I didn't read it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Wow check out this bookspreader

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

grittyreboot posted:

FYAD calling itself Han Solo dies was pointlessly mean spirited

wait he died in the movies? i literally cannot remember

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I don't even know how many star wars movies I haven't seen at this point

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The Force Awakens was my first ever time falling asleep in a theater, so I didn't really follow up on it.

I think I might still be asleep, everything has been surreal as gently caress ever since

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Brawnfire posted:

The Force Awakens was my first ever time falling asleep in a theater, so I didn't really follow up on it.

I think I might still be asleep, everything has been surreal as gently caress ever since

Please wake up so that this miserable existence ends.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Eh the new star wars movies according to Disney are "Canon in theory, but not in practice" (read poo poo we hosed up) so you can feel free to ignore their existence.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

lollontee posted:

wait he died in the movies? i literally cannot remember
yeah this guy stabbed him

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

ranbo das posted:

Eh the new star wars movies according to Disney are "Canon in theory, but not in practice" (read poo poo we hosed up) so you can feel free to ignore their existence.

Wait did they seriously say that?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

IronicDongz posted:

adam driver, the only good and funny actor in the series

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I love how Disney tries to kiss up to all their fans but actively repulses most of them instead because they have poo poo in their mouths

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Matt the Radar Tech was the best part of both modern Star Wars and modern SNL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaOSCASqLsE

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

ranbo das posted:

Haha did they really?

BirdOfPlay
Feb 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

GreenMetalSun posted:

Are these men sourcing the penises from the ones they cut off?

Of course not. Don't you know recycling is a scam?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

BirdOfPlay posted:

Of course not. Don't you know recycling is a scam?
Talk about your microplastics

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/GOPSenate_AP/status/1449510845160071172

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Otana posted:

https://twitter.com/yumcoconutmilk/status/1450562288868601862

After posting this, the "therapist" claimed she was being bullied, then went private

I really hope she loses her license.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

IronicDongz posted:

Gonna tell my kids this is Glup Shitto.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Well, their pinned tweet helps explain somewhat

https://twitter.com/GOPSenate_AP/status/1447670925818802179

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

I love spoilers. Spoiler me daddy 🥺

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

I love spoilers. Spoiler me daddy 🥺

In recent promo materials for Amazon’s lord of the rings series it was only barely hinted at that at least some of the series will take place during the Years of Trees which predates the First Age.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Waterbed Wendy posted:

In recent promo materials for Amazon’s lord of the rings series it was only barely hinted at that at least some of the series will take place during the Years of Trees which predates the First Age.

Also apparently there will be nudity? Only don't worry, it's not loving, it's super grim elf death camp nudity

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Waterbed Wendy posted:

You piece of poo poo

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
naked dwarf women?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Brawnfire posted:

I love how Disney tries to kiss up to all their fans but actively repulses most of them instead because they have poo poo in their mouths

Just imagine going up to people you have every reason to believe have the worst standards in the world and still completely loving up

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

LOL

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Otana posted:

https://twitter.com/yumcoconutmilk/status/1450562288868601862

After posting this, the "therapist" claimed she was being bullied, then went private

So I'm not 100% sure I understand, might not speak enough therapy. Is this basically "My patient tried to tell me about their problems during our therapy session where I was their therapist, nuh-uh mister!"?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I think she has been reading too many long winded blog posts about trauma on the side and has forgotten it is her job to listen to the people who pay her money

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

theironjef posted:

So I'm not 100% sure I understand, might not speak enough therapy. Is this basically "My patient tried to tell me about their problems during our therapy session where I was their therapist, nuh-uh mister!"?

Yeah basically. "It's our first session, how dare you expect me to do anything to help you this soon"

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

theironjef posted:

Yes.

This tweet is also the fifth Google result.

This therapist’s career is GONE

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

This feels like validation for my strategy when therapist hunting of dumping all the heaviest abused childhood poo poo first session to see if the new therapist can handle it or if I should move on.

Flossie
Nov 8, 2008

Soylent Pudding posted:

This feels like validation for my strategy when therapist hunting of dumping all the heaviest abused childhood poo poo first session to see if the new therapist can handle it or if I should move on.

Same.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Skwirl posted:

While watching a movie completely fresh, no spoilers, is fun, if knowing a plot twist ruins it, it wasn't good to begin with.

I was annoyed to have The Sixth Sense big twist spoiled. It didn't ruin the movie at all, but since I knew the twist I noticed all the hints, and it left me wondering if I would have figured it out on my own.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

1stGear posted:

High-quality penises, grown right here using only organic farming techniques.
Ethically sourced bespoke dick

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Facebook Aunt posted:

I was annoyed to have The Sixth Sense big twist spoiled. It didn't ruin the movie at all, but since I knew the twist I noticed all the hints, and it left me wondering if I would have figured it out on my own.

The Sixth Sense is a great example. I saw it in theaters close to its release, when a friend wanted to see it. If I had known about the twist, or even the existence of a twist, it would have lessened the experience (it's trivial to figure out the twist if you know to look for one).

Still, most stories don't have twists that are as load bearing as that one, so learning how and why a twist happens is often a good enough reason to keep watching.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

But the greatest twist was yet to reveal itself: shyamalan sucks butt lol

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

But the greatest twist was yet to reveal itself: shyamalan sucks butt lol

And this was before Newsweek had completely turned to dog poo poo too.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

I seem to remember there being a very subtle clue in the first scene where you literally see him die

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Signs was the first movie I recall being actively angry about. I would've been nineteen? I came out of the theatre just so annoyed at the whole thing.

"Water is fatal to aliens so they decided to invade a world full of it? What would they do with the Earth if they won?" Occasionally someone comes out with "oh but they're metaphorically demons and it's holy water" but that's dumb as poo poo, just because something is metaphorical doesn't mean it doesn't have to make sense, that's a bad metaphor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

RoboRodent posted:

Signs was the first movie I recall being actively angry about. I would've been nineteen? I came out of the theatre just so annoyed at the whole thing.

"Water is fatal to aliens so they decided to invade a world full of it? What would they do with the Earth if they won?" Occasionally someone comes out with "oh but they're metaphorically demons and it's holy water" but that's dumb as poo poo, just because something is metaphorical doesn't mean it doesn't have to make sense, that's a bad metaphor.

I mean, the fact that Mel Gibson was in it should've clued you in that the movie was going to be poo poo.

There is not a single movie Mel Gibson has ever been in that wasn't carried by other actors, if the movie was good it was because of everybody other than Mel Gibson.

I did get a laugh out of the brutally painful death the mom went through giving Gibson's character clues for how to survive the night when he had random flashbacks about it during the invasion.