Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kale
May 14, 2010

gently caress me sideways, I'm being a slightly coy here, but with the announcement that the Labyrinth dungeon thingy is apparently beginning tomorrow can they give this guy a bit of a break here. :lol: It's looking like I'm going to be able to polish off the rest of Inazuma Act III tonight at least since as far as I can tell I'm hitting the climax and about to confront Raiden Shogun again and try to expose the conspiracy so I was kind of looking forward to for once hopefully being able to just polish off the current event and be caught up on time limited stuff, but apparently now it's gonna overlap and I'm probably going to have to make my way out to Tsurumi post haste assuming it starts on that island.

Much more effective than gacha banners (which only updated every 3 weeks anyway), it's the frequent turn over of time limited events that is the addictive FOMO factor for me so like congrats Mihoyo, you got me at least for now. :golfclap: :rolleyes:

Seriously though anyone that argues this game lacks content and stuff to do must be trolling from my perspective cause it's the exact opposite problem for me with the pace of time limited events, almost all of which are slightly different in concept and actually require you to do more than click a couple times every few minutes and toggle a setting to auto-battle.

At least things aren't too dicey with the banners atm with 2.2, but I kind of expect it to get that way afterward looking at what's potentially down the line. Hu Tao for the rerun seems like it's probably going to be the focus for most people for this patch, but then after that there's the very real potential for Itto, Shenhe, Yunjin and Yae to come in rapid succession and if their cards right with them with their trailers (and they probably will) then they all kind of come across as winners. Itto looks like a super fun character personality wise from the leaks and I still see female players ending up head over heels for the guy. Shenhe could be Cloud Retainer and very much has a "type" appeal for a lot of players, Yunjin has that Red Eyes/Hime Cut appearance (my type appeal at least visually admittedly) and Yae is well...Yae. I really don't want to think about it :stonk:

Now that I think of it Thoma is supposed to be on the Hu Tao banner and Gorou and possibly his mother are coming into play at some point so so like this is it....this is effectively the "lull" in the banners for the next 12 days or how much is left of Childe's rerun. Again gently caress me sideways......

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Xun posted:

Wow good timing on the thread title stuff, I'll be going back into publish or perish mode in a few days so now is the perfect time for people to

:siren: SUGGEST NEW THREAD TITLES!! :siren:

although really people can do that whenever and if I catch it and like it I will probably just request a change

Let's get a new one by Monday! Can post here or ping me in the discord

Genshin Impact: workaholics are my fetish

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Genshin Impact: Raiden The Lightning

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Sexual Aluminum posted:

I really hate the rhythm game. It doesn't match the music, and you have to click at times that are not intuitive.

Yesterday's threw me for a loop, the first two difficulties matched perfectly and then Pro was just like "lol nevermind"

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Sanganomiya pro matched pretty close to perfectly. Expert was the one that had notes that started on beat 2 when they normally started on beat 1.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Thanks everyone for the thread title explanation. I'm glad I now have an explanation for the title that makes me laugh a lot.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Genshin Impact: Childe Gambling Simulator

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

QuantaStarFire posted:

Genshin Impact: Childe Gambling Simulator

Genshin Impact: Childe Abuse

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
IIRC the music in GI was recorded with a live orchestra, and in those situations a conductor is going to take liberties with the tempo now and again. While this makes for a much better performance, it sucks for rhythm games. The one with Keqing in particular was really pronounced.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Just be a sicko like me and play the entire game without sound, and these rhythm games are a whole lot easier when the rhythm is (apparently) off.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Genshin Impact: Your character is bad and you should feel bad

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Schrodinger's Geotwink

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Just be a sicko like me and play the entire game without sound, and these rhythm games are a whole lot easier when the rhythm is (apparently) off.

Do you ever play with it on? The soundtrack is shockingly good!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I've had the game muted for months tbh

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Genshin Impact: The Childe reruns will continue until morale improves

Genshin Impact: Why you think they call him Mr. Worldwide?

Genshin Impact: Don't talk to me or my Childe or my Childe's Childe ever again
(based off the launcher, you cannot escape him)

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Solkanar512 posted:

Do you ever play with it on? The soundtrack is shockingly good!
If I ever get out of my podcast backlog, I will find out

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Solkanar512 posted:

IIRC the music in GI was recorded with a live orchestra, and in those situations a conductor is going to take liberties with the tempo now and again. While this makes for a much better performance, it sucks for rhythm games. The one with Keqing in particular was really pronounced.

Rhythm games also have a tendency to stuggle with templating grace notes which are used frequently in Genshin's soundtrack, notably the Sangonomiya soundtrack out of the ones that have appeared so far (I haven't seen todays yet, so I can't make a judgement on it).

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

Note Block posted:

this one

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

What's a good female silent protagonist name? I need something that you can swap in if you're using a male or female Traveller.

Genshin Impact: Silent Bob and Emergency Food's weird adventure

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Genshin Impact: Osmanthus wine still tastes the same as I remember

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Note Block posted:

Genshin Impact: The Childe reruns will continue until revenue improves

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Incoherence posted:

Genshin Impact: Osmanthus wine still tastes the same as I remember

Huh, Osmanthus wine is a real thing!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassia_wine

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Note Block posted:

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Genshin Impact: Childe Trafficking

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

lol who added the sentence about Zhongli to that article?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RareAcumen posted:

What's a good female silent protagonist name? I need something that you can swap in if you're using a male or female Traveller.

Genshin Impact: Silent Bob and Emergency Food's weird adventure

They have cqnon names,don't they?

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Kale posted:

gently caress me sideways, I'm being a slightly coy here, but with the announcement that the Labyrinth dungeon thingy is apparently beginning tomorrow can they give this guy a bit of a break here. :lol: It's looking like I'm going to be able to polish off the rest of Inazuma Act III tonight at least since as far as I can tell I'm hitting the climax and about to confront Raiden Shogun again and try to expose the conspiracy so I was kind of looking forward to for once hopefully being able to just polish off the current event and be caught up on time limited stuff, but apparently now it's gonna overlap and I'm probably going to have to make my way out to Tsurumi post haste assuming it starts on that island.

You will likely only need to be finished with the archon quest to begin the new event (just like with the rhythm game event going on right now), as it contains a continuation to events included in the Archon quest.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Acerbatus posted:

They have cqnon names,don't they?

Aether and Lumine, yeah

Kale
May 14, 2010

Hazdoc posted:

You will likely only need to be finished with the archon quest to begin the new event (just like with the rhythm game event going on right now), as it contains a continuation to events included in the Archon quest.

I figured that when it was locked behind the final quest in it

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Genshin Impact: Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series
Genshin Impact: How do I delete Aloy from my account
Genshin Impact: Mihoyo give me DIFFERENT free stuff

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I named my character Aoki because of the VA, whoops on assuming she speaks

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
Genshin Impact: Horizon Zero Resin

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Genshin Impact: See that domain? You can grind that

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Genshin Impact: Breath of the Childe

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

QuantaStarFire posted:

This is perfect lmfao

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Tae posted:

I named my character Aoki because of the VA, whoops on assuming she speaks

She does speak! But only in the voiceline-playback thingy in the character details menu.
There's a bunch of dialogues with paimon, unlike every other character who only has solo voicelines there.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

There's a few instances of the protag getting voiced dialogue in the main story.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

QuantaStarFire posted:

:drat:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Breadth of the Childe (Banner)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I spel gud
Feb 17, 2011

Endorph posted:

There's a few instances of the protag getting voiced dialogue in the main story.

It is so frustrating to me that my character does the silent protagonist bit while the other playable MC is fully voice-acted in the same cutscene!