Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

free guy is the weirdest champion for non franchise integrity because for all the pandering bullshit in that finale and the obsessive need to explain its own plot it was marketed entirely based on concept and having ryan reynolds as a star

that free guy broke a hundred million anyway yet somehow didnt inspire studios to make similar kinds of movies going forward suggests that the economics of filmmaking are hosed in such a way that no one is willing to explain why theyre hosed because theyd have to also admit that box office is a lie and doesnt actually determine whether or not a movie is considered a success

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I mean does anyone actually think Nolan’s next $200m budget movie won’t get the green light cause it isn’t Inception: Origins

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

indigi posted:

I mean does anyone actually think Nolan’s next $200m budget movie won’t get the green light cause it isn’t Inception: Origins

i think it's gonna be an oppenheimer/manhattan project biopic, hope he doesn't need 200 mill for that

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

god Nolan is such a fuckin dipshit. just do your spectacle clown movies so we can shovel popcorn into our mouths

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

i think it's gonna be an oppenheimer/manhattan project biopic, hope he doesn't need 200 mill for that
Only because he doesn't appreciate practical effects like a true artist.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

youre casting Cillian Murphy as Robert Oppenheimer you stupid gently caress what the gently caress

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

nolan's a good lad who means well, let him make his weird chaste dead wife movies in peace

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i mean how's nolan gonna top this come on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKXuBxsuK-w

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
Dunkirk was good but the best part wasn't the movie itself. It was Ben Shaprio crying 'SJW film' when The Shape of Water won Best Picture instead.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Robert Oppenheimer but with an inexplicable Peaky Blinders haircut.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
nolan has put so many chunky boys in suits because of his movies. i hate it

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
no you don't look like tom hardy, in that suit. you look like tom hardee's

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

chris nolan singlehandedly keeps the fancy hotel business afloat by only filming his movies in their lobbies

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Mantis42 posted:

Every new MCU movies is about a new actor with a new contract being introduced as a lovely copy of an existing character and replacing them.

So you get that lady version of Loki, Black Widow's fake Russian sister, new Captain America, and lady Thor.

The Hawkeye spinoff is also going to do this

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
i think the highpoint of that trend in comics was "Oh yeah you know that loving boygenius twerp? Well he's Hulk now!"

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
these masked thots are getting younger and younger!

ToxicAcne
May 25, 2014
I think the Eternals deep marketing campaign might be working somewhat. My friend was gushing about how the Eternals looks sick and how it's gonna be a mature Marvel movie and all the rest, and he's on twitter all the time.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

ToxicAcne posted:

I think the Eternals deep marketing campaign might be working somewhat. My friend was gushing about how the Eternals looks sick and how it's gonna be a mature Marvel movie and all the rest, and he's on twitter all the time.

:sever:

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

The only thing in free guy anyone responded to were the constant references to franchises

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

i thought Tenet had a really good sound track

and i liked the main character for the 3 minutes he got to be cool: the kitchen fight and then threatening to bang the crime guys wife

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
the best Nolan movie was the one with the two magicians having a magicians arms race with each other

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
I still like memento

ToxicAcne
May 25, 2014
Nolan is a hell of alot better than the Marvel dreck that every neoliberal "critical" loves to slobber over.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

ToxicAcne posted:

Nolan is a hell of alot better than the Marvel dreck that every neoliberal "critical" loves to slobber over.

:goonsay:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I only want to see films with a budget of $100k or less.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

ToxicAcne posted:

who do you think slobbers over Nolan films

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
marxists

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

i wish i could travel back in time.... and stop myself from watching that loving movie! what a piece of poo poo!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

ToxicAcne posted:

Fresh take.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

instead of getting pissed about the latest marvel film we should get pissed about the pos cgi dbz film they're making

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

a piece of poo poo dbz film? mais non!

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

ToxicAcne posted:

two things can be bad at the same time

ToxicAcne
May 25, 2014

oscarthewilde posted:

two things can be bad at the same time

Interesting bad movies still have their charm, that's more than can be said about most capeshit.

ToxicAcne
May 25, 2014

indigi posted:

who do you think slobbers over Nolan films

Touche

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Isn't Nolan a tory

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

I only want to see films with a budget of $100k or less.

my friend told me to watch Primer last week and it was cool. great execution on a $7k budget

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Moon was like 5 mili

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i say swears online posted:

my friend told me to watch Primer last week and it was cool. great execution on a $7k budget

check out Coherence — similar vibes, also v low budget ($50k) trippy scifi/kinda movie

thatfuturekid
Jan 5, 2014

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

check out Coherence — similar vibes, also v low budget ($50k) trippy scifi/kinda movie

Coherence is the best, I really adore that movie. Very simple, nothing flashy but what a trip!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Hodgepodge posted:

Allow me to rend the veil before your inno introduce you to the wonder and magic of SMG

I like Sonic, and I like the idea of hanging out with somebody who doesn't want to do sexual things to me. We can just run through Green Hill Zones and tell Eggman that he's too slow!