Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
This one at least has a happy ending.

He flipped on me, left me alone in the woods, and is now trying to apologize.

quote:

Long long story as short as I can make it:

We went camping. It has been a long since I could. I was so excited. Had everything packed- even meal prepped food for dinner so it was easy to warm up if we had a few too many. Well.... he did. And it got ugly.

I fell asleep in my hammock around 3. We had a plan- make dinner at 5, then go get more wood bc we were almost out. When I laid down he said he was going to forage for dead wood. Great.

I wake up at 5 and there's this HUUUGE fire he built. All proud with a puffed up chest he's like, "see all I gathered?" I look at the ground and there's nothing. I ask if everything on the fire is what he found and he says yes. Wtf? I tell him I can't put a grate over that (3 feet high with logs that hang over the side with 12 foot flames) and he LOSES IT.

Decides to leave, angry. Only thing I said was "who does this?!" as he's busy tearing up the tent to get his poo poo. He dumps the one cooler he owned onto the ground and straight up LEFT ME THERE. No car, no light (he took them out of malicious intent) and my phone was dead on a non electric site. It was getting dark so I had to scurry and get the food I could fit into my cooler before the animals came out. Jar of pickles shattered. Put the dry food (bread, chips, etc) into my tent. Dark came quickly.

I was surrounded until dawn by a dozen raccoons and they weren't playing. Standing on their back legs, hissing at me, lunging for my feet. I ended up back to a tree fighting those fuckers all night with a stick on fire. There are bears in those woods and that's my biggest phobia. I was terrified. Crying and panicking, I heard a growl in the woods. I just stood there frozen, I was so drat scared ya'll.

This son of a oval office tried to show up at 7am the next day telling me, "if you apologize for the mean way you treated me I'll take you home. " BITCH NOW THAT THE DAY BROKE YOU WANNA HELP?! I told that bastard to kick rocks and waited for my mom to come around noon. I left the site with 2 days paid still on it. Wasnt going to fight those fucks again. And gently caress that bear I heard.

I have completely cut contact with him but he owes me money. I do have a bunch of his expensive disc golf bullshit that he left here- which he's not getting until he pays me back. Petty or not, I spent like 600 bucks on everything to do with this trip and he paid zero bc he lost his job. I was just trying to do something nice for him bc I badly wanted to go. Instead I get left in the dark with no communication device, no light, and have to fight off wild animals. No rear end in a top hat, you can't come sweeping in and fix it. This will never be fixable.

Sorry for the rant but I didn't know where else to post this. gently caress that dude.

Edit: I've called the police on him and his officer.

Edit 2: got a rabies shot just a few hours ago. I seem to be just fine. Thank you so for the awards, I'm a bit overwhelmed by all of the replies, but im trying to get to everyone and I sincerely appreciate all of your kind words. Thank you to everyone!

Update: dude who left me in the woods in now in jail

quote:

His probation officer somehow found my post. I gave her proof, and she went and picked him up. He has 5 charges: 1: not staying at his confirmed housing 2: under the influence 3: assault and battery 4: assault with a deadly weapon 5: endangering the welfare of a disabled person

I have rheumatoid arthritis and I suffer from seizures due to a brain tumor.

So yeah he's hosed. And I'm happy over this. He deserves to spend his time in jail. Please check my profile if you don't know the story.

SUCCESS!!

Edit: sorry for title gore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

wow, an angry disc golf player

Uncle ShortyB
Oct 18, 2013

"Do you think since your cat is dead I could

You know

Wear it?"
Just Because Of A Status? HELP!!

quote:

Well I had a long distance relationship with a girl, she was usually very busy on her work and i would usually wait for her to return from work and 2days ago without thinking found a tweet and put it up on my status about “she is not busy, she is replying to a guy who looks better than you” I wasn’t targeting her in any way, but she think i did, she didn’t talk to me for a while and then almost broke up, i was VERY close to breakup but i managed,now she’s just sending the ‘sarcastic’ emojis like 😊,🙂 and avoiding me and just saying goodnight, bye etc when at the time we would usually talk before this happened, i managed to stop the breakup but she’s acting like we are ex’es…

English is not my first language so please dont mind my grammar

Not as funny as some of them, sure, but I love the "sarcastic emojis".

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Uncle ShortyB posted:

Here's an edit I saw cause I just opened this one up before I saw this post.

I think maybe, just maybe, her parents might be revealed to be Secret Racists.

poor lady beating herself up thinking she got disowned for inappropriate relationships with an ex-boss the same age as her when it was really just racism the whole time :smith:

rotinaj posted:

Why is your dad dating a 21 year old college student and making you loving scrub her underwear

gently caress this entire situation, everything about it sounds bad

do the laundry, tell your dad you can smell his new cologne on his girlfriend's clothes and it's really nice.

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

Zurtilik posted:

Wife finds me repugnant

Mostly a sad tale. But I lost it at "Told I look like Tom Brady."

This guy should do what I did in a similar situation: Identify that this is a real problem and that it makes you feel bad and unwanted. Ask about what he can do, and if he is doing something wrong or there is anything bad happening that is making her not want to be intimate, then listen to the answers. He can try being more attentive to her emotional needs and try to ensure she gets time to herself regularly to recharge. He can increase his share of household chores, and try and get her something nice every so often to show her is thinking of her in addition to voicing his appreciation.

It's a touchy subject, but if the other stuff doesn't make an impact he could try helping her see a doctor and a therapist. She might be on meds that shut her down, maybe there are alternatives her and her doctor could try. Maybe she is getting poor or not enough sleep and feels exhausted all the time. It's easy for that to come across as "the only reason you don't want to have sex with me is because there's something wrong with you", so you have to make as sure as you can it's not because of non-medical issues before you broach the topic.

He should make sure to keep clear communication throughout, making sure not to be accusatory ever and to stress that he loves her and this is just one issue in an otherwise fulfilling relationship.

none of that worked for us and I'm seeking a divorce but pretty sure that's what you're supposed to do anyways

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Uncle Enzo posted:

This guy should do what I did in a similar situation: Identify that this is a real problem and that it makes you feel bad and unwanted. Ask about what he can do, and if he is doing something wrong or there is anything bad happening that is making her not want to be intimate, then listen to the answers. He can try being more attentive to her emotional needs and try to ensure she gets time to herself regularly to recharge. He can increase his share of household chores, and try and get her something nice every so often to show her is thinking of her in addition to voicing his appreciation.

It's a touchy subject, but if the other stuff doesn't make an impact he could try helping her see a doctor and a therapist. She might be on meds that shut her down, maybe there are alternatives her and her doctor could try. Maybe she is getting poor or not enough sleep and feels exhausted all the time. It's easy for that to come across as "the only reason you don't want to have sex with me is because there's something wrong with you", so you have to make as sure as you can it's not because of non-medical issues before you broach the topic.

He should make sure to keep clear communication throughout, making sure not to be accusatory ever and to stress that he loves her and this is just one issue in an otherwise fulfilling relationship.

none of that worked for us and I'm seeking a divorce but pretty sure that's what you're supposed to do anyways

all of this is ridiculous, obviously what they should do is open the relationship and also have another kid

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

1stGear posted:

all of this is ridiculous, obviously what they should do is open the relationship and also have another kid

Maybe what he needs to do is stop allowing her to leave the house and also restrict all the money so she ca-

:negative: even in jest, this feels icky

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

teen witch posted:

I have a sneaking suspicion she was taught some pretty horrific things as a kid and this is the result of that. I kinda feel bad for her

This was my thought as well. She was probably raised in a really repressive household and she didn't know how to deal with wanting to masturbate with what she was taught. I also got the sense the guy didn't really try to talk with her after the act. She obviously didn't handle things well but I honestly just want her to get help and learn her urges are natural and ok.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Just divorce her, she's the rear end in a top hat for calling a minor chub "rapey"

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Zurtilik posted:

Wife finds me repugnant

If his wife won't let him kiss her, he can always kiss his kids!

EDIT: Alternative joke: Don't count out Touchdown Tom.

William Bear fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Oct 20, 2021

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

mllaneza posted:

The cops are getting paid off, no way this scam lasts more than a week without official cover. It's also Virginia, one of the absolutely most dangerous states to try this in given local gun culture.

this is exactly the level of interest I've seen cops take in literally any crime where a cop wasn't personally involved, including in Virginia. I'm pretty sure like random pillheads doing burglaries or that one whackjob who thinks he can annex the neighbor's yard by putting his own fence around it aren't all paying the cops off.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Oct 20, 2021

deety
Aug 2, 2004

zombies + sharks = fun

Uncle ShortyB posted:

Just Because Of A Status? HELP!!

Not as funny as some of them, sure, but I love the "sarcastic emojis".

Lol. Guy just randomly happens to share a post about how girls who don't answer messages quickly must be chasing better looking men at the same time that his girlfriend is too busy to drop everything to reply to him. What a wild coincidence! He definitely didn't do that as an attempt to passive-aggressively shame her into paying more attention to him.

Ugh, girlfriends are the worst. It might help to calmly explain that he didn't mean her. Just, you know, girls in general. Cause come on, babe. You know how girls are.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Zurtilik posted:

Wife finds me repugnant

Dead ringer, but for the inflated balls

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Uncle Enzo posted:

Well that sucks but it’s a pretty common experience. You just have to weigh whether there is anything else worth sticking around for. Partners of either gender sometimes decide that they aren’t all that interested in sex and don’t give a drat about their spouse’s feelings on the subject. If there are kids involved they may figure you won’t leave them anyway.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Soylent Pudding posted:

Reminds me of this classic saga.
My [22f] boyfriend’s [24m] new tattoo makes me feel like a pedophile

the only thing that still upsets me at the end of this is how she's still too nice about the sister trying to effectively yeet her outta the family via manipulating OP's boyfriend into aggressive body modification to repel her, and then poisoning the social well with reputation-destroying rumors. that's not...just a little thing to let go. and why would she hesitate to do it again? it doesn't matter that she's his only family left, if she's trash that's going to cause pain and strife, then no family is better than that.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Oct 20, 2021

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
The exciting truth is there's no actual 'rules' to relationships and you have to communicate and have a sense of what matters to you. It's all very hard and sucks though!

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

this is exactly the level of interest I've seen cops take in literally any crime where a cop wasn't personally involved, including in Virginia. I'm pretty sure like random pillheads doing burglaries or that one whackjob who thinks he can annex the neighbor's yard by putting his own fence around it aren't all paying the cops off.

Oh there's a strong case to be made for laziness, but this is a case where the cops can do nothing AND get paid on the side.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Zurtilik posted:

I mean, I could just go and grab whatever is funny on the front page but I assume people have already done that or don't want to see front page crud?
Please do this. You're doing me the valuable service of not having to read reddit to find the funny ones.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Roommate poisoned my betta fish

quote:

I found bleach in my betta tank. Dramatic right? And I know exactly who dunnit.

I live in a house with 5 other guys. I’ve been living with this group for two years, I know them by their mannerisms, their dreams, their peaves, etc. And they know me and all my quirks both good and… different. They’re all decent dudes, but one of these fellows I’ve been in a feud with for the past couple months. He’s been leaving dishes out, stealing other peoples food, underpaying me on rent by a cent. Classic rear end in a top hat behavior. I’ve been good about not taking anything personally, I’m never the type of person to get violent over small potato poo poo like that, ain’t my style. But there is something up with this dude, it seems like he only ever is happy seeing other people suffer. When I’ve confronted him on his bullshit before, he completely dismissed his behavior. This is me paraphrasing what he said after I confronted him on PEPPER-SPRAYING my roommate, the SECOND TIME.

“Believe it or not dude, I’m not trying to be a dick, you’re over reacting, take a deep breath.”

We should have kicked this dude out a while ago.

Anyway, rewind about 3 days ago. I get up out of bed and start making my day. I get downstairs to the kitchen, and I brew up some coffee and a French omelette, (phenomenal by the way) when in walks the aforementioned rear end in a top hat.

“Hey bud, your fish isn’t looking too hot.” He looks at me with a gigantic poo poo eating grin.

I keep my betta fish, in a 2.5 gallon tank, he has a filter, an led light, a heater, and all the foliage a fish could ask for. Needless to say I treated Hamood like a son. To me in that moment, I thought dickhead was just trying to get a rise out of me so I just said,

“Disappear.”

And believe it or not, it worked, he hosed right off. I was surprised, I carried on with my day, went to work, and then another roommate texts me, he says my fish is dissolving. After I got off work, I go to the bathroom where my fish had been stationed, I take a whiff of the water and look at my once black betta fish, now bleached beyond recognition.

One of my other roommates call up the betta bleacher, he tells him that he’s crossed the line and is no longer welcome in our house. I immediately get a call from the dude, saying that he knows things between us have been tense, but he would never do anything to mess with my fish. I don’t want to pull the trigger on something like this, part of me really wanted to believe him, but I no longer trust anything he says.

So now we’re here. I have a dead fish, and I’m on the fence about kicking this fool out.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
^^^^^^^^^Why did you not kick him out and also call the cops after he assaulted a human

ShootaBoy posted:

Just divorce her, she's the rear end in a top hat for calling a minor chub "rapey"

Yeah if you ever use that word about something your partner did that relationship should probably end asap

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

teen witch posted:

Fake towing company stealing cars with tags from apartment lot, police say they can’t do anything

(chud voice) "b-b-b--but if we abolish the police, who will investigate crimes?"

Yeah, while I wouldn't rule out the police getting a slice of the action, it's not necessarily at play. Ask any person who has survived an encounter with police and this is how they act about all crimes "sounds like a civil matter" is the only thing cops know how to say aside from "he went for my gun"

Re: fakes, fakecalling, etc. the general guideline is "don't post stories that are obvious agenda pushing" like all the "[minority] was cartoonishly mean to me and then everyone on the down with cis bus beat me up" because they're boring and don't provide interesting stuff to talk about. Informally the "you can say 'story is fake' but you have to post content" is sometimes enforced and that does cut down on it a lot. I think that's been a successful policy but since the thread's mostly old guard, a vague guideline versus a hard numerical rule is probably fine.

Zurtilik posted:

Is there a good set of rules/tips for finding and posting content? I mean, I could just go and grab whatever is funny on the front page but I assume people have already done that or don't want to see front page crud? But I would like to bring some content back to the group on occasion.

Strategies I've been successful with are:

Going to r/aita, sorting by "controversial," ignoring anything where the main character is a teen (they're all either trivial bullshit or just straight up parental abuse) and skimming until I see something that looks interesting

Periodically glance at other advice column/agony aunt type places for salacious stories. These places have paid staff sifting out the obviously fake-seeming submissions so most of their content is either mundane or the character in the letter is experiencing some kind of normal problem. Occasionally you get good content though. Places aside from reddit we've had success with include savage love, hola papi, dear prudence, care and feeding, the emily post podcast, ask a manager, and captain awkward.

On the rare occasions an op on reddit doesn't use a throwaway, checking their history for other threads they've made, sometimes even off r/aita, is often a valuable source of entertaining content.

If you're on twitter and you have one or more reddit bots who post popular stories from reddit, those are fine too. Like many regular posters in this thread, I don't regularly read everything on the front page of any particular reddit sub because it's a garbage site full of garbage people, so don't feel obligated to avoid posting recent or popular stuff from there if you think it's funny.

As far as subs not to waste your time with, despite our legacy title, I very seldom find good content in r/relationships. Most of the posts there are boring, and the ones that aren't are just straight up abuse, which we thankfully don't post here anymore. I also avoid justnomil, estrangedparents, or raisedbynarcissists. Aside from their impenetrable nomenclature, naming all the characters single initials and enforced use of a zillion stupid acronyms, the stories themselves are really long and not that interesting.

This isn't to say content from any particular sub is forbidden, just strats I've observed save a little time if I'm skimming for a good story to post.

Keyword searches are also popular. You can search thread favorites, such as "funko pops," "wipe," "shower," or "recipe," or you might come up with your own. People find all kinds of interesting things using criteria such as "popcorn," "allergic," or "inheritance," but feel free to use your imagination.

In addition to forum/advice column posts, the occasional longform journalism piece about the kind of character who is a frequent fixture within the r/relationships threads if you can find one that's interesting is also a welcome addition once in a while, like the idiot who ran a successful restaurant and then decided to close up shop for weeks and go on vacation during peak season, or the world's most divorced man writing about how much he likes burning man.

I'm sure whatever you end up posting will be great.

EDIT: no animal abuse stories please; we don't like them

Invisible Clergy fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Oct 20, 2021

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Zurtilik posted:

The exciting truth is there's no actual 'rules' to relationships and you have to communicate and have a sense of what matters to you. It's all very hard and sucks though!
The closest thing to a "rule" I've ever heard is that as long as a relationship has a 5:1or better ratio of positive:negative reactions to bids for attention (i.e. "oh hey, look at this neat article" "what dress do you think I should wear" "oh honey I just saw this great movie yesterday with a friend") it will be solid, happy, and last long. (came from a long term study of a lot of long term relationships)

Pretty simple: show positive interest in your partner and their interests, and if they're doing the same for you, your relationship will be good.

Uncle ShortyB
Oct 18, 2013

You know

Wear it?"

Zurtilik posted:

gently caress this dude. That poor fish.

Also how the gently caress do you not kick his rear end to the curb when he pepper sprays a roommate the first time? Maybe I'm just not as conflict-averse as this (potentially fictional) dude is but like, you torture and kill a living creature I have an emotional attachment to just to be rude to me, you don't have a place to live. There is no being on the fence about kicking this dude out, but there is being on the fence over whether or not you're gonna get your rear end kicked.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Zurtilik posted:

Looool, OP has a death wish. Next time, the roommate is going to pour bleach in your coffee.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Zurtilik posted:

Is there a good set of rules/tips for finding and posting content? I mean, I could just go and grab whatever is funny on the front page but I assume people have already done that or don't want to see front page crud? But I would like to bring some content back to the group on occasion.

if it's actually from r/relationships or r/aita and isn't from the frontpage it's probably been posted already, people have spent the last million posts or whatever stripmining that poo poo for content. Not that there's anything wrong with reviving an old classic if it's really good. There's also loads of subreddits for lunatics, just find some libertarian or sex magic or whatever forum and look around for dudes talking about their hosed up home lives

How do I protect myself from my uncle's evil eye?

quote:

So my uncle, a very bad selfish person who never had kids (he uses this to manipulate people) has this 'evil eye' thing where he harms people with it. I know this sounds stupid but he actually harmed quite allot of people including my sister's kids even some relatives know this and they are afraid of him and even give him money or something to "protect themselves" from his evil eye. A while ago we argued and after that he doesn't like me and I'm done with people being afraid of him and his evil eye, how do i protect myself or my family members from his harm?

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Oct 20, 2021

Uncle ShortyB
Oct 18, 2013

You know

Wear it?"
I haven't seen this anywhere but I love this dude's fuckin attitude here lol

AITA for drinking a single Busch Light every day with lunch?

quote:

I started a new job last month. At my previous employer, they were very lax and laid back. They had work sponsored beer Fridays at the end of every week, and they served beer at the work cafeteria, with a limit of one per person during the work day. That being said, I usually drank a Busch Light or an IPA every day with my lunch for the past 2.5 years.

During the interview process at my new job, they asked me what I liked about my [then] current employer, and I mentioned that they were very lax and the interviewer said "Not to brag, but we're known for having a very lax culture here as well. I would bet we're more laid back than your current employer". This was a relief to hear. I'll skip past the boring parts, but after a few more interviews at this place, I got an offer and took a job.

Upon accepting the position, I was mailed a onboarding packet with the employee handbook. I read the handbook from front to back and didn't see anything about a no alcohol policy in the book. This along with the mention of a "very lax work culture" had me thinking not many things would change from a culture standpoint from my old job to my new one.

The first few weeks was a lot of training and the training usually ran over lunch, so they would provide us with a variety of sandwich options/pizza that were catered, as well as drink options (waters, sodas, juice, tea, coffee, etc.) so I would just help myself to whatever they provided. Later in the month, my boss scheduled a lunch at a restaurant with our vendor to introduce me to them and explain my new role, and at this lunch my boss was the first person to order a beer, and the rest of us followed suit. This was another good sign.

Fast forward to last week, training was over and I was starting to settle into a routine and working more on my day to day tasks. That being said, I packed my own lunch, and included in my lunch was a Busch Light. I ate the first few lunches at my desk, undisturbed by anyone else. I didn't think anything of it. Eventually I was invited to eat lunch at the lunchroom upstairs, so I joined some colleagues upstairs for lunch. I unpacked my lunch and cracked open my Busch Light. Immediately I could sense a "What the hell is this guy thinking" vibe from my colleagues, but no one said anything. I brushed it off. Later that day HR stopped by along with my boss and called me into the HR office. They said what I did was unacceptable and that "I'm lucky I'm not getting fired for that type of behavior." I mentioned the vendor lunch and my boss shot me daggers. We ended the meeting with an agreement that I would refrain from drinking alcohol on the job again.

The next day, my boss chewed me out for "throwing him under the bus" and asked me "what the hell I was thinking". I don't get the big deal, no grown adult gets drunk or even buzzed off one single beer with lunch. I was following his lead and thought it was acceptable! So much for "lax".

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Captain Yossarian posted:

My two cats Clover (1f) and Lilly (1f) keep fighting over the unplugged heating pad and it keeps waking my girlfriend and I up in the middle of the night. Please help 🥺

Requoting to share the furry cat paws again

eta:

Barudak posted:

Everyone in my family who never worked in a corporate environment: how can you wear that to the office, you look like hobo noone will respect you
The one other person who held a global job: I think you're probably over dressed
When my brother started working in computer tech someone told him that his wearing a buttoned shirt and tie was making people nervous.

trickybiscuits fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Oct 20, 2021

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

haveblue posted:

Yeah if you ever use that word about something your partner did that relationship should probably end asap

I think in many cases not really. People get really weird when they're up in their feelings, and it's possible that, were she 1) not awakened in the middle of the loving night and 2) not wound up by apparent frustration at not having enough Me Time, she would have found a more reasonable way to describe it.

This case sounds a lot like the couple just have no idea how to communicate their needs, and could do with someone who knows how to help people get properly communicating, whether that be a couple therapist or whatever else works for them. Wife is obviously suffering heavily under something, husband is obviously not getting physical or emotional intimacy needs met, and the whole thing really, really sucks. I hope they can untangle things and figure out a good solution, whether that's divorce or better communication or some other intervention.

E:

How do I protect myself from my uncle's evil eye?

I don't understand how you can believe in the Evil Eye and not already know at least one traditional talisman to repel it. There's like a zillion of them!

Puppy Time fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Oct 20, 2021

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

1stGear posted:

Go hog wild like the Satan shitplane girl & furiously masturbate in front of her whenever she declines sex

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Uncle ShortyB posted:

I haven't seen this anywhere but I love this dude's fuckin attitude here lol

AITA for drinking a single Busch Light every day with lunch?

I think a lot of businesses are hesitant to allow any on the job drinking for liability reasons these days. But I don't know, I'd probably feel weird too if some dude just cracked open a cold one in the midst of lunch. On the other hand, one Busch Light will probably get you less buzzed than a Pepsi.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Zurtilik posted:

On the other hand, one Busch Light will probably get you less buzzed than a Pepsi.

…what?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

It's weak beer

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Just giggling at the boss nodding along with HR "how dare you drink a beer!”

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Zurtilik posted:

I think a lot of businesses are hesitant to allow any on the job drinking for liability reasons these days. But I don't know, I'd probably feel weird too if some dude just cracked open a cold one in the midst of lunch. On the other hand, one Busch Light will probably get you less buzzed than a Pepsi.
This is hilarious because I've worked at multiple places with kegerators or beer in the fridge and would regularly (though not every day!) have a beer with lunch. So would other folks. Nobody cared.

Hooray PNW software office culture!

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

It is a 'weak beer' joke. But it's also just like, one beer does nothing. You probably would feel as much or more of sensation (not necessarily drunk tho) from guzzling the fizzy sugar caffeine drink as one 4.3% ABV beer.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Kenshin posted:

This is hilarious because I've worked at multiple places with kegerators or beer in the fridge and would regularly (though not every day!) have a beer with lunch. So would other folks. Nobody cared.

Hooray PNW software office culture!

*nervously eyes Blizzard lawsuits*

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Uncle ShortyB posted:

Also how the gently caress do you not kick his rear end to the curb when he pepper sprays a roommate the first time? Maybe I'm just not as conflict-averse as this (potentially fictional) dude is but like, you torture and kill a living creature I have an emotional attachment to just to be rude to me, you don't have a place to live. There is no being on the fence about kicking this dude out, but there is being on the fence over whether or not you're gonna get your rear end kicked.

I hope this story is fake. This character is a loathsome doormat and will soon be killed by his roommate, so I guess the trash will take itself out.

Zurtilik posted:

It's an insurance thing, yeah. If this guy slips on a pile of widgets the insurance place can deny the workplace's claim if they find out he had one molecule of American pisswater in his bloodstream at the time. If that's all they said to him, I could kind of understand their point, but them pearl clutching over it is kind of a lol.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Puppy Time posted:

I don't understand how you can believe in the Evil Eye and not already know at least one traditional talisman to repel it. There's like a zillion of them!
It would be pretty funny if it turns out that magic exists, but it's easily nullified by carpets and glass beads. Next time astronauts go to the moon, they should just leave a nazar up there, in case some witches try to hex it again.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

hawowanlawow posted:

wow, an angry disc golf player

Lol I picked disc golf back up when I moved ~5 months ago and there are some FURIOUS fuckin people. like sure I'll get salty about hucking a disc into the poo poo, but I witnessed a guy throw a relatively mediocre drive, nothing awful, and he just erupted in screams and swears and stomping around. he was playing alone, not sure if that makes it better or worse...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Uncle ShortyB posted:

This is what gets me with so so many of these stories. Apparently a huge number of people just have zero spine or self respect and will put up with everything or have come to normalize incredibly hosed up poo poo because they've just not experienced anything else. "Hey my mom tried to cut off my daughter's hand for the 3rd time, feel bad going no contact though as family will get mad. Just going to try to keep knives away from her when she visits." "Hi my dog's in the vet again after my girlfriend poisoned him again but I can't afford the vet bills since she stole all the money from my account. I feel I'd be in the wrong breaking up because she has anxiety issues" "My roommate is actively shooting at me right now, forgive grammar as I'm posting on my phone behind a makeshift barrier dodging bullets. Roommate is unemployed so if we kick him out he might have trouble finding a new place, would I be the rear end in a top hat if we did?"

Like its just insane what people can put up with.