Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Shear Modulus posted:

they're going to try to claim some extremely common word like "Book" or "Verse" or "Meta"
either something vague like “Here” or hilariously on-the-nose like “OmniCorp”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
I hope it’s troncbook

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
FocusVerse

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

The obvious bets have been taken so I'm gonna guess Zuck will go for something from his Rome obsession, like August or Empire.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
zuckr

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
MySpace

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Internet©

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Internet2

*someone runs over and whispers in zuck's ear*

Internet3

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Everything3

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

New Facebook.

Followed by Classic Facebook.

Facebook Light.

Facebook Clear.

Faxxon.

International House of Facebook.

Facesan.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5BZkaWZAAA

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

TACD posted:

either something vague like “Here” or hilariously on-the-nose like “OmniCorp”

there's already a tech company called Here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Here_Technologies

facebook deciding to just steal the name and brand of another company that's been around for 10 years would be pretty on-brand for them though

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
Is this cyberpunk enough?

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1450658324542857222

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Facebook is just going to abbreviate to FB. Just watch.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

They put a baboon liver in a dude before

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2962592/

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

why'd they "attach" it to him? don't they normally put replacement organs inside of people?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Shear Modulus posted:

why'd they "attach" it to him? don't they normally put replacement organs inside of people?

So they could monitor it and take samples. Plus it was only for 2 days and then the guy gets to be dead and have a funeral and stuff.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/AndrewYang/status/1450882429674156032

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Facebook Aunt posted:

So they could monitor it and take samples. Plus it was only for 2 days and then the guy gets to be dead and have a funeral and stuff.

if he died in two days it doesn't sound like the replacement kidney worked

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

quote:

Although many questions remain to be answered about the long-term consequences of the transplant, which involved a brain-dead patient followed only for 54 hours, experts in the field said the procedure represented a milestone.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

disappointed it's not an ICO

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

Shear Modulus posted:

When baboons send their kidneys, they aren't sending their best.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

sounds like they got mixed up and replaced a guy's liver when it was actually his brain that had died

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
they used to install goat balls in dudes ballsacks, it's a lost art these days. we've fallen so far.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Shear Modulus posted:

disappointed it's not an ICO

you don’t have to use ico anymore all browsers support svgs

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
mmmmk

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

the Soviet Regime transplanted different dogs heads on top of each other and two headed dogs and stuff

quote:

In the end, this two-headed dog lived only for just four days. Had a vein in the neck area not accidentally gotten damaged, it may have lived even longer than Demikhov’s longest-living two-headed dog, which survived 29 days

54 hours is kinda weak imo.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
remember that guy based on the doctor from MGSV who wanted to do a head transplant? that was wild

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

christmas boots posted:

remember that guy based on the doctor from MGSV who wanted to do a head transplant? that was wild

a real person based on a fictional character? eesh the writers are just phoning it in these days.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Yeah it was in futurama.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
my parents are very concerned about the metaverse and got mad at me when I laughed instead of taking them seriously

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Glad to see d&d posters pulling their weight for once.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

christmas boots posted:

my parents are very concerned about the metaverse and got mad at me when I laughed instead of taking them seriously

have some empathy—we can’t all be confident in our katana skills

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

Shear Modulus posted:

Not a replacement, an extra third kidney. The triple piss power was just too much for his weak brain to handle.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/FoldableHuman/status/1451031033885782018

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

mawarannahr posted:

the Soviet Regime transplanted different dogs heads on top of each other and two headed dogs and stuff

54 hours is kinda weak imo.

It sounds like the family wanted the body back soonish. He was an organ donor whose organs weren't suitable for transplant so the family agreed to let his braindead body be used for this instead. Letting them use the body for 3 days is different than agreeing to let them use the body for as long as it takes.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Since posting is a promise, should I ever become entirely braindead feel free to use my living corpse for whatever. Graft in three appendixs or transplant my head onto a goat, really go nuts with it. I'll be in hell or non-existence hooting and hollaring

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i'm willing to donate my body to science to perform any procedure that promises to give my body an absolutely massive dick

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

This was advertising its on the Solana chain and thus not environmentally damaging, and I've seen other NFTs advertising the same. I've tried go ogling to see if this is actually true and only get very questionable sources that all seem very biased (reddit, crypto websites, etc). Anyone ha e any info on if this is ACTUALLY not burning down rainforests?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

tokin opposition posted:

Since posting is a promise, should I ever become entirely braindead feel free to use my living corpse for whatever. Graft in three appendixs or transplant my head onto a goat, really go nuts with it. I'll be in hell or non-existence hooting and hollaring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyAx_TflZ34