Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

mortons stork posted:

holy poo poo game 2

Indeed, absolute must-watch. Dumb idiot theorycraft: could JyJ have reversed the outcome by hanging on to his dropship longer, and dispatching it with an 8-strong marine+medic squad to the third base?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Heavy_D posted:

Indeed, absolute must-watch. Dumb idiot theorycraft: could JyJ have reversed the outcome by hanging on to his dropship longer, and dispatching it with an 8-strong marine+medic squad to the third base?

I don't think JyJ ever knew about the third.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

Elyv posted:

I don't think JyJ ever knew about the third.
I thought the flanking attacks during the siege of the nat would have told JyJ there's a hatch out there somewhere. I guess that's not the same as actually scouting where it was (edit: especially since he only had one comsat) - although surely top-left main is the odds-on favourite.

Group B is up, not watched it yet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzr2Q31lcSw

Heavy_D fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Oct 3, 2021

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Group A was literally one of the best days of ASL I can remember. GSL is also killing it this season. starcraft might be abandoned but man is it still generating some crazy good games

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
From group B, winner's series, the final match in that one is one for the ages.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Group C is up. Includes Queen, Light, Stork, and Snow. Could be RO4 with the players in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkY5Vx59gYk

I don't know what the hell happened in Light vs Queen g1. It's a very good and interesting game.

Queen vs Snow on eclipse was a great PvZ

Khorne fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Oct 7, 2021

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

Khorne posted:

Queen vs Snow on eclipse was a great PvZ

MVP of this game is a no-brainer: the one DT denying bottom right all game. Once that base is up, the odds change considerably.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
D up now, they're really getting these out at a good pace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbqOuu3Ou_Q

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Who are the ASL English casters on the live stream? They have audibly worse sound quality, banter, insight, jokes, but ASL pays them full price?

I saw the Queen vs. Soulkey on ASL LiveStream like three days ago and Tastosis still doesn't have one up?

What happened with the ASL Tastosis fallout? It looks like it was really that bad. Who are these guys with no personality and no sound quality that still have ASL English jobs? Do they have families and babies in Korea like Arty and Taste do?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Elephunk posted:

Who are the ASL English casters on the live stream? They have audibly worse sound quality, banter, insight, jokes, but ASL pays them full price?

I saw the Queen vs. Soulkey on ASL LiveStream like three days ago and Tastosis still doesn't have one up?

What happened with the ASL Tastosis fallout? It looks like it was really that bad. Who are these guys with no personality and no sound quality that still have ASL English jobs? Do they have families and babies in Korea like Arty and Taste do?

Is that the starcast TV stream? I think they're doing it themselves, I don't think Afreeca is paying them. If it is the starcast TV cast, the casters are Nyoken(a former top non-Korean Terran) and Scan(probably something like the 7th-10th best Terran in the world, made it to ASL once)

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Elyv posted:

Is that the starcast TV stream? I think they're doing it themselves, I don't think Afreeca is paying them. If it is the starcast TV cast, the casters are Nyoken(a former top non-Korean Terran) and Scan(probably something like the 7th-10th best Terran in the world, made it to ASL once)

It was on the ASL website stream interface instead of youtube

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Elephunk posted:

What happened with the ASL Tastosis fallout?
Artosis and Tasteless did not want to attempt to negotiate different partnership terms with twitch or risk their partnership to stream live on afreeca. ASL wanted the english cast live on afreeca and neither side would budge. Early on one of the two hinted that it burnt some bridges. The reality is Artosis probably makes significantly more from his stream than he does from casting ASL.

They ended up being able to cast it on their own with it getting reposted to the ASL youtube channel. ASL provides a clean vod to cast over. They do this on their own after it is broadcast live. Not while it is live. The vods are delayed because they have someone translate parts of it and there needs to be some editing. Although they do it in a live-cast format so presumably there isn't too much editing.

Given the coordination required and the reality that they can now schedule casting ASL to when it is most convenient for them, it's not too surprising there are frequent delays. They've been much better about getting the videos out quickly this season, but if you're relying on a team of 4 people + coordination with a company then you're introducing many potential ways to delay vod relases.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Oct 14, 2021

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6uwY5D6djk
I love when a strategy is so weird it just breaks the casters. "...what?" "...yeah." "...what?" "...yeah."

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
hahahahaha that's such a good moment
feel sad for soulkey, seemed like he could pull it off, had the grit and the special tactics, but ultimately was outmatched

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

mortons stork posted:

hahahahaha that's such a good moment
feel sad for soulkey, seemed like he could pull it off, had the grit and the special tactics, but ultimately was outmatched

It was a really varied series for ZvZ, and Tastosis seem to be better at commentating their off-race than they once were
yeah, seems like queen's mutas are just too good to combat in a straight late-game fight, soulkey really needed to have an edge/win before he had the second control group going

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
New Tastosis cast up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYRHZVAjhX8

seeing that video timer kinda gives away the game already

Khorne
May 1, 2002

mortons stork posted:

New Tastosis cast up
seeing that video timer kinda gives away the game already
g2 fight at the choke to the nat, royal threw so hard by getting all his tanks stuck on each other due to that one sieged tank

shout out to g3 for showing what happens when you try to play starcraft

Khorne fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Oct 15, 2021

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

one of those rare cases where there's a 3-0 and it's not clear which player was better

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Are there any good 256 x 256 8 player maps out there? Especially somewhat asymetrical ones

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

(Non-ASL)

PvT goes off the rails:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0HJ4yP_0OM

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Elyv posted:

one of those rare cases where there's a 3-0 and it's not clear which player was better

fully agree - I loved watching artosis rage on his stream about TvP last night and then watching him watch game 2 of this

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Elephunk posted:

fully agree - I loved watching artosis rage on his stream about TvP last night and then watching him watch game 2 of this

Game 3 got me even more than game 2, RoyaL somehow turned g2 into a real game. G3 was just invisible men vs late detection, cool game. I don't blame mini for doing it but it's frustrating to watch

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HjSsaMqPb0

another ASL up and boy lemme tell you, this one is a hell of a series.
Rush played absolutely INSANE. Especially game two, broke through on soma like it was no big deal, he just played absolutely impeccably. that save on game 3 too goddamn

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

mortons stork posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HjSsaMqPb0

another ASL up and boy lemme tell you, this one is a hell of a series.
Rush played absolutely INSANE. Especially game two, broke through on soma like it was no big deal, he just played absolutely impeccably. that save on game 3 too goddamn

game 2 looked like loving tower defense!!! they make this game look so easy to play and it's so far from it.

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

Elephunk posted:

game 2 looked like loving tower defense!!! they make this game look so easy to play and it's so far from it.

yeah, all the poo poo they were doing is a nightmare to coordinate in real time and on top of that Rush just loving bruteforced his way through a next to unbreakable location, i cannot even imagine what it takes to do that.

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYcZpsj3wnk
That Overlord was not worth it.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Fox News for Terran.

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

what was that trying to accomplish. what the gently caress was he doing

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

mortons stork posted:

he was trying to snipe a free overlord while zerg was powering

Khorne
May 1, 2002

mortons stork posted:

starcraft is a game of imperfect information & he did not see or expect zerglings there because it would sabotage the zerg's growth to make them and zerglings are useless against the terran position [unless you walk out on the map to snipe overlords/force mutas to come harass your army]

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Khorne posted:

starcraft is a game of imperfect information & he did not see or expect zerglings there because it would sabotage the zerg's growth to make them and zerglings are useless against the terran position [unless you walk out on the map to snipe overlords/force mutas to come harass your army]

it's not like it was a crazy amount of lings though, it's amazing how strong they are late game even in groups of 6-8

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

The Scan and Nyoken casts really aren't that bad. I watched Artosis stream on twitch for the first time ever (or in a really long time) and got very turned off by his "streamer personality" which is very different than a Tastosis cast.

It's also nice to not be waiting forever for ASL games, both Ro4 games that are up and not Tastosis casted yet are awesome.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Elephunk posted:

The Scan and Nyoken casts really aren't that bad. I watched Artosis stream on twitch for the first time ever (or in a really long time) and got very turned off by his "streamer personality" which is very different than a Tastosis cast.

It's also nice to not be waiting forever for ASL games, both Ro4 games that are up and not Tastosis casted yet are awesome.

Artosis' stream is borderline unwatchable with the twitch chat donation trolling.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I don't see how anyone watches Artosis while he rages, which appears to be a common occurrence.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Artosis has a channel where he solo casts games from tier 2 tournaments and he's great there too, it's just streamertosis who is still his inner 15 year old.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
It's weird how positive he is during casts and how unrelenting negative he is when streaming. I enjoy the former a lot but the latter is unwatchable.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

it's obviously an act and produces some beautiful moments

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
by all accounts he was a huge rager looong before he started streaming. i still assume it's absolutely hammed up for the stream, but lol his ~competitive attitude wrt his competition~ also explains a lot about why he just kinda stopped improving at starcraft long-term

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
new asl!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EMthiOCnFw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
it is insane to me in game 4 how mini took on queen on a macro style game and won. like I was super scared when I saw that and though yea this goes back into a tie, but no holy poo poo
e:he's soooo good! I'm so excited to see him in the finals, and rooting for him. He truly deserves this. Just makes it look like he's playing against people who don't fully grasp the game, as tasteless joked. Except it was a 4-1 sweep against a two-time ASL champion. Mind-boggling stuff

mortons stork fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Oct 31, 2021