Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

I'm at work so I can't post much but I wanted to say that this thread iteration needs the Timothy story.
Absolutely. Was the “fingerblast that little turd” story also from here, or was that a greentext?

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Also for the last time, it's DIPAC because you read it like dye pack, like the thing that blows up in your face, much like these relationships
Counterpoint: it is properly DICAP because then I read it as DICAP ATTACK:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
AITA for not wanting my girlfriend to dye her hair?

quote:

My girlfriend approached me and said she wanted to dye the tips of he hair. The problem I had is that I'm not really attracted to dyed hair, and so it bothered me a little bit. Desperate to find positives for dyeing hair I looked it up and the cons definitely outweigh the pros. Knowing this and the fact someone in my family as well as a friend used to have dyed hair and they said they hated it, I confronted her and she got really defensive and started getting very angry at me. I felt very guilty because I didn't want to make the decision for her so I told her we could text this instead of getting very emotional (and potentially hateful) about it. I told her that i found her natural beauty more attractive than anything something like dye could ever do, and that i think she shouldn't change they way she looks because she's already perfect to me. After I told her everything, she said, " regardless of how the argument ends, I'm still going to do it." So, in a fit of immature anger, I said, "gently caress you." (This obviously wasn't a good idea no matter the circumstances) so she was reasonably upset so I kept trying to backtrack and kept saying I was sorry. She eventually responded after I said, "listen to me please" she asked, "what" so I told her. "I’m sorry. I just don’t want you to make a mistake that may or may not even happen. Like I always say, your natural beauty is perfect for me and everyone else, but especially me. I love you the way you are and I just can’t bear you changing." And she said she understood. This was written right after, and I feel bad. (As stated this was written right after so I'm still pretty emotional, like her so please forgive any grammar mistakes.)

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

dye your hair and get a new partner who isn't a dumb fuckin rear end in a top hat, win win

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

Piell posted:

AITA for not wanting my girlfriend to dye her hair?

I can understand trying to protect you partner from making a permanent life-altering decision on a whim.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Rescue Toaster posted:

I can understand trying to protect you partner from making a permanent life-altering decision on a whim.

But dying your hair is not one...?

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

What are you talking about? You can never undo a bad dye job or haircut.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Rescue Toaster posted:

Lol YTA

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

if you have dark hair and bleach it, it's pretty much hosed

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

staying with a dipshit who believes a woman's value is tied to their beauty and shouldn't dye her hair because idk biotruths is a life altering decision but you can make it not permanent, by leaving

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

hallo spacedog posted:

But dying your hair is not one...?

You're acting as if there was a process to safely remove the tips of her hair after they've been stained.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Is it better to send the money and not have any connection with the kid, or is it better to force a connection with a kid he clearly doesn't want and may abandon later in life if he's still adamant he doesn't want a kid?

I feel like the kids sake he did the right thing. He is an rear end in a top hat but he did something assholish for the right reason. But the mom sucks too for forcing a connection that would traumatize the kid who would be desperate for attention from a dad who clearly doesn't want to give it

All in all I feel really bad for the kid

Barudak
May 7, 2007

That kid's life sucks, and its not their fault, and unironically they should probably have not been born.

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥

Barudak posted:

Trying to figure out what book has the name Cataleya as a name and could not give less of a poo poo about the rest of the story.

Google tells me Cataleya is the main character in Columbiana, which is about cartels and revenge murders, and I feel like that's way too cool for OP.
That's as close as I can find

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Probably already been posted but if not there’s a lot of good content in here, and also I’m depressed now that I read that and realized I’ve seen and remember like 90% of them.

https://reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/qbwi13/redditors_who_fequent_aita_whats_the_biggest/

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Is it better to send the money and not have any connection with the kid, or is it better to force a connection with a kid he clearly doesn't want and may abandon later in life if he's still adamant he doesn't want a kid?

I feel like the kids sake he did the right thing. He is an rear end in a top hat but he did something assholish for the right reason. But the mom sucks too for forcing a connection that would traumatize the kid who would be desperate for attention from a dad who clearly doesn't want to give it

All in all I feel really bad for the kid

I think my answer is that this guy seems like a real sack of poo poo, this wasn’t some drunken hookup that resulted in a pregnancy; it was his wife. I guess he wasn’t real committed to that relationship!

But yeah, he should stay away, but don’t go trying to find kudos from the internet for it

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Malkof posted:

Just Dew it:

My (23 F) boyfriend (24 M) put Mountain Dew in my coffee to make "Mountain Dewfee" (yes really) and thought it would be "romantic".

quote:

My sister says that I should propose marriage to him,

Sister has been reading this thread and can't recognize sarcasm.

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth

quote:

AITA for getting my sister arrested?
Please don't speed read this.

I really love my sister. Before she got into drugs she was the best sister in the world. When we were little we pretended we were Elsa and Anna. We used to play video games and travel.She would break me out of school so we could get games on their release dates. She was so good at all of them it was amazing. Once we drove to Arizona just for in and out.

But then she got into drugs and the sister I knew slowly faded away. She always wanted to be with her "friends" and when we went places I always had to foot the bill. I didn't mind at first but then it was almost every time we hung out and soon it was time for me to go to college and I needed to save up money for college

When I started going to college she became very nasty towards me and my brother said it was because she was jealous that I was in college. I tried to encourage her, she could do it. Its not that hard. I would help her with the paperwork and everything but she didn't want to. So we sort of drifted apart. She went to prison and started getting arrested for drugs and she broke out of the court ordered rehab and we hadn't seen or heard from her in months.

Anyway, yesterday she calls me and asks for money. It was the first time Id heard from her in months, I was just gonna paypal her the money and call it a day. But then I had an idea. I started asking if she wanted a pizza and she gave me her address and I asked what sort of pizza she wanted and she told me.

I called the pizza place and ordered all of her favorites and then I called the cops and told them where she was.

Unfortunately the cops got there before the pizza did and her Meth head friends start telling me I'm awful for what I did to her and how could I do that to my own sister and how they just wanted her to be happy, I started screaming back and telling them I LOVED my sister and she deserves the best and if they loved her they would want her to get clean and start taking care of herself again.

A few minutes later I get a call from the pizza place and they say the kid was too afraid to go inside because of all the screaming and cops and I ask if I can just cancel the order and just leave him a tip on the card.

My family members tell me they're happy I did this as we were all worried we'd get a call that they found her dead somewhere but I told my friends and they all said I'm an rear end in a top hat for doing this and I should have just gave her the pizza and looked the other way.

AITA?

UPDATE: I DID NOT SEND THE PIZZA GUY TO A METH HOUSE

She was in a hotel room and I called and sent the pizza to a hotel room. Why??? Because i was trying to feed her before she got arrested and where I live 99% of the time the pizza gets there before the cops do. I tipped the dude 20 bucks and after class Im going and giving him another 20 bucks.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

I think my answer is that this guy seems like a real sack of poo poo, this wasn’t some drunken hookup that resulted in a pregnancy; it was his wife. I guess he wasn’t real committed to that relationship!
Assuming we take him at his word:

quote:

I had told her that it was due to a contraceptive fail and I don't want to have a child. I wasn't allowed to get a vasectomy done because I was too young then.
"Committed relationship" goes both ways. If he was adamant enough about it to have tried to get a vasectomy it seems pretty reasonable to assume this had been discussed with his wife.

If she wasn't in agreement with his thoughts about having not children, saying "oops I'm pregnant now, gonna have to be a father" is an rear end in a top hat move. The betrayal probably hurts more in a committed relationship than a drunken hookup because you'd expect your partner to be on the same page.

But who knows, maybe he had always said he'd be willing to have kids and changed his tune when it became real.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Cobalt-60 posted:

quote:

where I live 99% of the time the pizza gets there before the cops do

How often are people getting pizza and arrested in your town?

At that point I assume the cops just follow the pizza guy and arrest everyone they deliver to.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
AITA for waking my roommates up for a snack?

quote:

I currently live in a two bedroom apartment with two roommates (married couple). For a number of reasons, right now we are temporarily all sleeping in one room. I usually eat a late-night snack around 10 PM or so but regardless, I usually wake up around 2 or 3 AM pretty hungry. The way our situation works (again for a multitude of reasons), one of my roommates has all of the snacks and I don't have any direct/easy access to any food, so I have to wake her up to give me a snack. Usually I end up waking the guy up too since we are all in the same room.

If I don't eat at 3 AM and just wait until they get up around 6 or 7 (or later) I would be very hangry/cranky the entire half of the night and literally crying because I am so hungry. Currently, neither of my roommates is working so even if I wake them up for a snack, it's not like they have anything to do in the morning so they can sleep in.

AITA for waking up my roommates for a 3 AM snack every night?

EDIT: State is MA and I am a 6 week old newborn/baby. The married couple are my parents.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yolo Swaggins Esq posted:

Google tells me Cataleya is the main character in Columbiana, which is about cartels and revenge murders, and I feel like that's way too cool for OP.
That's as close as I can find

Yeah, but isn't that like a 2010s movie? The daughters not gettnig a name change at 11.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

pentyne posted:

Wasn't there an AAM about some middle manager who organized a happy hour or something, was encouraging everyone to eat some weed edibles, then surprised then with a drug test the next day?

Yeah he took them away to a mountain retreat for the weekend and had them tested on the first day back at work.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

DoubleNegative posted:

what's it called when it's not quite a laugh, but a wheeze of exhausted recognition?

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

DoubleNegative posted:

On the internet no one knows you're a dog

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

what's it called when it's not quite a laugh, but a wheeze of exhausted recognition?

the letterman

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

AITA for being upset that my husband has been taking credit for housework that my daughter has been doing?

quote:

My husband(65M) and I(47F)have been married for 19 years. I’ve always done virtually 100% of the housework. Even though we both worked full time. Although I did stay home after my daughter was born. He retired a few months ago, and so I expected him to do more housework since he would be home all the time. But he hasn’t. I only specifically asked if he’d pick up the groceries from now on though.

After talking to him about it. He agreed to start. I thought it was great. And was kind of shocked. He was suddenly doing all the cleaning and cooking by the time I got home. He was going to the grocery store and doing the laundry.

But then I recently discovered that he’s just been having my 17 yo daughter do it. I guess I should’ve known since he went from having never used a stove, to suddenly cooking these beautiful dinners.

I only found out cause my husband told me he had got everything from the grocery store. But my daughter told me they were out of Coke’s when she went. I asked her about it and she said that her father had told her that I asked him to pick up some of the chores. And so he had her do it.

She said that I was being unreasonable for being upset and that that’s just how he is. But I don’t think I am. I’ve been falling over myself thanking him for the things I’ve done for 20 years. And I feel like an idiot.

Edit: typo

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Breathing.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

I was doing more

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Malkof posted:

Just Dew it:

My (23 F) boyfriend (24 M) put Mountain Dew in my coffee to make "Mountain Dewfee" (yes really) and thought it would be "romantic".

Lmao, i did this once at a hotel on a school trip when i was like 14 thinking it was the best idea ever. Wasnt witty enough to think of calling it dewfee though

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

limp_cheese posted:

At that point I assume the cops just follow the pizza guy and arrest everyone they deliver to.

OP could live anywhere and this would be true. If the pizza guy is late to your house, there are consequences.

I don't think she often makes the cops and pizza guy race each other for her amusement. Arresting all the stoners at 2am is a good way to none pizza left beef up your minor possession conviction numbers I guess.

If she's going to swat her sister, she should just kind of like, admit what she's doing. It's like she's buying the pizza as an indulgence because she knows she's not actually helping.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nooner posted:

Lmao, i did this once at a hotel on a school trip when i was like 14 thinking it was the best idea ever. Wasnt witty enough to think of calling it dewfee though

Was it romantic

was it romantic

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

limp_cheese posted:

It's within driving distance of Arizona, so frequently.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Lol it’s ok because I thought the cops would bust in after she’d had a couple bites of pizza, not before.

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Cobalt-60 posted:

AITA for getting my sister arrested?

I had a question about this situation, though I feel I already know the answer. I have next to no experience with the legal system beyond traffic violations. When the cops pick her up for escaping court ordered rehab, will the court most likely send her back to rehab and *then* prison for the violation, or just straight to prison?

Also, her sister getting into drugs is very likely because she had to play Anna and never got to be Elsa when they played Frozen. This is all OP's fault.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Bruceski posted:

Fentiman's? That one goes straight to my sinuses and is a bit staggering for the first sip of the bottle.
Maine Root. I swear, I think they cheat and put a little cayenne in it.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...

spouse posted:

I had a question about this situation, though I feel I already know the answer. I have next to no experience with the legal system beyond traffic violations. When the cops pick her up for escaping court ordered rehab, will the court most likely send her back to rehab and *then* prison for the violation, or just straight to prison?

Also, her sister getting into drugs is very likely because she had to play Anna and never got to be Elsa when they played Frozen. This is all OP's fault.

I'm just wondering how old they were when they were "little"? OP's in college, so at least 18. Frozen was released in 2013. Saying that you were "little" when you were 10 years old just seems really off to me. Not really the point of the story, but it's just annoying me!

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Halloween Jack posted:

Maine Root. I swear, I think they cheat and put a little cayenne in it.

I was at my GFs cousins wedding where there was a bar but half of the family doesn’t drink due to their religion and we brought a bunch of cokes + grenadine over to our table for them and a couple of them thought that was booze lol.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

spouse posted:

"No, not that kind of snowman. poo poo"

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Tetramin posted:

I was at my GFs cousins wedding where there was a bar but half of the family doesn’t drink due to their religion and we brought a bunch of cokes + grenadine over to our table for them and a couple of them thought that was booze lol.
That's a Roy Rogers. A mocktail for little kids. (By all means have fun drinking it, it's just hilarious that they thought red syrup was whiskey.)

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Technically, a guffaw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Evil Willow posted:

I'm just wondering how old they were when they were "little"? OP's in college, so at least 18. Frozen was released in 2013. Saying that you were "little" when you were 10 years old just seems really off to me. Not really the point of the story, but it's just annoying me!

"little" is a weird marker for 5th grade (or 10 years old), but then I remember when I was in 5th grade I used to play dragon ball z with my friends on the playground. I was always Trunks.

Also, content:

Proposed to my (30) GF (35) with a World of Warcraft ring that has the WoW Insignia on it and I've lost her ever since and need her back.

quote:

Hey y'all,

I'm not a particularly sociable person. I play video games and keep my head down, its what I do. I met this cool priest in WoW who I ended up PvPing and raiding with a ton. I finally got the hint that she's talking to me more than anyone else in our guild and finally summoned the courage to ask her to hop on voice chat. She was enchanting. I was so nervous and she was so endearingly spazzy and nasally voiced that my heart absolutely melted. We finally met up and she accepted me for who I was, never pressured me to do anything outside of my comfort zone and was honestly the closest thing I can imagine to an angel being sent down to me. Cheesy, I know, but its how I feel. My social anxiety has had me push off the whole engagement idea for years now because I just couldnt feel like I could handle the rejection.

I finally mustered the courage to buy a cute ring with the Horde emblem from WoW on it and stuttered through a proposal while shaking awkwardly. She seemed completely blown away until I opened the box and showed her the WoW ring. She said she had to think about it, that her stomach hurt, and how she had to go be alone for a bit. Texting has been extremely sparse since. I texted her to ask how she was doing and she literally told me she's struggling to take a 'massive dump', something we've never been open about sharing in the past. A few days went by and I checked up on her again only to get a GIF of the scene from the shining where blood spills into a hallway. Assuming she was saying she had a bad period, but it felt really insulting and dismissive of me. I've been hurting but I'm being called all sorts of names by our friends because of how 'obviously terrible' the WoW ring idea was. In retrospect, I can see it, but I really did think I was doing a sweet gesture to honor how we met.

Reddit, I'm hurting really badly and not sure how to get her back.

Zug Zug :thumbsup: