Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I love it when I open a crate to receive 7 iron arrows, it's great. Thanks, game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002
Title? I dont need no stinkin' Title

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I love it when I open a crate to receive 7 iron arrows, it's great. Thanks, game.

That’s the best feeling, running around in elite level 60 areas and getting some iron bullets from a crate. Not even starmetal or orichalcum 🤦🏾‍♂️

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Hey, is SFD still cooking over on Plancta? Looks like server xfers are opening up and me and my US-West buds are looking to move over and join a bigger goon company.

Dr. Bonertron
Mar 26, 2009

The doctor said I was too muscular to be aborted

Chilichimp posted:

Hey, is SFD still cooking over on Plancta? Looks like server xfers are opening up and me and my US-West buds are looking to move over and join a bigger goon company.

I came here to ask the same question -- joined a RL friend and his buddies on a US East server, and I think I'd rather just hoe down with some goons. How are things looking, and are we expecting transfers to be available to that server?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Dr. Bonertron posted:

I came here to ask the same question -- joined a RL friend and his buddies on a US East server, and I think I'd rather just hoe down with some goons. How are things looking, and are we expecting transfers to be available to that server?

Unfortunately even if it was East to West transfers are probably a long way off.

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002
The 2 East coast goon guilds are looking to link up on the same server in the coming weeks so that’s an option if you’re interested.

Dr. Bonertron
Mar 26, 2009

The doctor said I was too muscular to be aborted

Lawlicaust posted:

Unfortunately even if it was East to West transfers are probably a long way off.

Ah, I didn't realize this was an issue. That's fine, being on East isn't really the problem. I'll join one of the eastern discords.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
I'm going long, real long, on animal eyes and viscera. I can't stop buying t3 and up mats. I'm gonna break 1k azoth water soon

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Gone Fashing posted:

they definitely cause chat lag, which is really annoying. if i want to see messages from my guild or party i have to have global chat turned on, which makes the messages i'm looking for scroll by too quickly

If you have like 500 unread messages or whatever, you just have to click over to the window and clear the unread status and it stops lagging.

The bugs in this game are weird.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

WarEternal posted:

If you have like 500 unread messages or whatever, you just have to click over to the window and clear the unread status and it stops lagging.

The bugs in this game are weird.

its like no one listened to all the beta testers for months and still didn't at release

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I'm going long, real long, on animal eyes and viscera. I can't stop buying t3 and up mats. I'm gonna break 1k azoth water soon

animal eyes look like they were intended to be used as a t4 offensive but the game hasnt categorized it as such

if they ever fix that animal eyes will be useful sure. t4 offensives are currently much rarer than t5 offensives and probably shouldnt be

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
How big are the goon companies rn? Id like to jump in whenever they decide where they are going. Maybe there are too many for one company and there are 2 companies in the same faction? Idk. Im still leveling and useless in pvp, but id like to join up.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/RKRigney/status/1450819957013585927

:hmmyes:

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

the open-world pvp does get pretty costly, for sure

I have one friend I give 420.69 coin to everyday and idk if he would be able to pvp without it, t5 gear costs a good amount to repair

Noonsa
Jan 18, 2003
For the love of god, anything other than the
I was about to transfer to Royllo to join the goon companies, but it seems you all might still transfer to another server?

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

I'll say again that if anybody has interest in Orofena (na east), my company isn't exclusive to goons but if you can pretend not to be a shitter we've got room for folks. We're currently Marauder, though open to shifting around if we deem it necessary.

Orofena is a really interesting server. It's the unofficial home of the rp community, but aside from that it's been pretty balanced until recently when marauders made a big push when syndi dropped the ball. All in all it's been a ride so far.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Ad by Khad posted:

animal eyes look like they were intended to be used as a t4 offensive but the game hasnt categorized it as such

if they ever fix that animal eyes will be useful sure. t4 offensives are currently much rarer than t5 offensives and probably shouldnt be

I just buy whatever I never see. Once these herbs finish selling I'll buy up all the legendary fish which have dropped below 200. I don't know what they are used for or anything else besides they are gold and seem too cheap. People complained about leveling fishing to 200 and never seeing one. I hit one in 1-80. The purple epic moth parts, yea I'll take all those. Salamander slime? For sure. Imagine trying to farm those sticky logs

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I just buy whatever I never see. Once these herbs finish selling I'll buy up all the legendary fish which have dropped below 200. I don't know what they are used for or anything else besides they are gold and seem too cheap. People complained about leveling fishing to 200 and never seeing one. I hit one in 1-80. The purple epic moth parts, yea I'll take all those. Salamander slime? For sure. Imagine trying to farm those sticky logs

I fished up one legendary fish so far but yeah I dunno wtf its used for (prob nothing at this point lol) but its sitting in my bank till something gets figured out.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

Noonsa posted:

I was about to transfer to Royllo to join the goon companies, but it seems you all might still transfer to another server?

apparently, but nobody knows which yet and nobody is making any decisions for two weeks.

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002
The deets are in our announcements channel in the discord.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Digital Prophet posted:

apparently, but nobody knows which yet and nobody is making any decisions for two weeks.

Hah, found this out just a little too late after I'd already hit transfer. I'll guess I'll join goons on whatever the new server is once they allow second transfers assuming the game isn't dead by then.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Oct 21, 2021

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

I hope you all pass your interviews for your new amazon jobs.

https://twitter.com/bobvids/status/1451001943107805185

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Wasn't crafting packs and delivering them how you made some money in Archeage?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

BadLlama posted:

Lucrative PvP Travel Quests are a thing in almost every PvP-centric game which is why its so weird they are absent here.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

BadLlama posted:

God bless MMO HMO for making me realize Archeage was Death Stranding years before the fact

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Lawlicaust posted:

Lucrative PvP Travel Quests are a thing in almost every PvP-centric game which is why its so weird they are absent here.

Question. What game materials would be required. Is there tiers that affect price. Ie, t3 materials give higher payout.

How would that affect the already bleak reagent scarcity.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

https://clips.twitch.tv/SullenTemperedDragonCurseLit-RLW6rH6AiEVmrSlf

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
Threw my profile info into the GoonWorld discord to get auth. Hoping I can join you guys soon!

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

I feel disconnected from the "currency crisis" so bad. I've always found stuff of value to sell, just not ores. I hit 70k gold at one point and now I have a t2 house in everfall and two t1 houses in cutlass and weavers, two t5 bags I bought for 4.5k ea, power leveled furnishing to 170 with gold etc and I'm still sitting on like 20-30k after some sales go through soon. The problem is people expect to just walk around and hit some trees or ore to make gold, you need to focus on selling stuff with actual value. Right now that means mostly gems, certain craft mods, recipes, schematics, high level rare materials you get with luck or crafting really good gear on your own to sell. There are a lot more ways to make money too like flipping and I'm sure a bunch of niche items I don't touch.

With that said, despite knowing ways to make gold, I do see issues with the deflation and general lack of gold income post 60. I think we need more raw gold available, but they clearly don't wanted anyone to be able to bot it, so I'm not sure where it will come from exactly.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Akumos posted:

I feel disconnected from the "currency crisis" so bad. I've always found stuff of value to sell, just not ores. I hit 70k gold at one point and now I have a t2 house in everfall and two t1 houses in cutlass and weavers, two t5 bags I bought for 4.5k ea, power leveled furnishing to 170 with gold etc and I'm still sitting on like 20-30k after some sales go through soon. The problem is people expect to just walk around and hit some trees or ore to make gold, you need to focus on selling stuff with actual value. Right now that means mostly gems, certain craft mods, recipes, schematics, high level rare materials you get with luck or crafting really good gear on your own to sell. There are a lot more ways to make money too like flipping and I'm sure a bunch of niche items I don't touch.

With that said, despite knowing ways to make gold, I do see issues with the deflation and general lack of gold income post 60. I think we need more raw gold available, but they clearly don't wanted anyone to be able to bot it, so I'm not sure where it will come from exactly.

The selling works for now with the game new but without a large influx of new players those avenues will drive up because demand will fall off and money will start to dry up for others. Without ways for large amounts of new money to enter the system Wealth will become concentrated on the companies who own the cities and the few people who manage to play the market.

Even something as simple as increasing equipment salvage gold by 5x would go a long way to addressing the issue.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

Lawlicaust posted:

The selling works for now with the game new but without a large influx of new players those avenues will drive up because demand will fall off and money will start to dry up for others. Without ways for large amounts of new money to enter the system Wealth will become concentrated on the companies who own the cities and the few people who manage to play the market.

Even something as simple as increasing equipment salvage gold by 5x would go a long way to addressing the issue.

Personally I just think they should add vendors. Clearly this whole player driven economy thing is a failure for this game with the current gold gen and 99% of the poo poo you make being completely worthless and the materials having almost no value anyway. I'd be alright if it were just equipment you could vendor and not the materials, but at least there would be a way to inject some money into the economy.

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

You can just pick up azoth water from the ground in reekwater, so that's a poor investment.

DaitoX
Mar 1, 2008
Maybe outpost rush will add a lot of gold to the economy, being a high level queue-able thing that people can't be excluded from.
But who knows, since it has been disabled for a while now.

Darwin_
Oct 4, 2021

While you worry about the economy people are duping gold in mass amounts. Y'all are going to love this.

https://forums.newworld.com/t/gold-duplication-from-characterpersistfailure-post-2/431314/16

Darwin_ fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Oct 21, 2021

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

Darwin_ posted:

While you worry about the economy people are duping gold in mass amounts and maxing their skills. Lmao yall are going to love this.

https://forums.newworld.com/t/gold-duplication-from-characterpersistfailure-post-2/431314/16

This is the poo poo that ruined my interest in FO76. I am hoping they actually address this.

Darwin_
Oct 4, 2021

Amazon's answer to "deflation is coming" posts. Devs are having the final laugh.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

Lawlicaust posted:

owning a city doesnt make you rich, in fact quite the opposite in some cases

you think your house tax is bad? the city itself eats money ridiculously, and some cities are shitbird wastelands that no one ever goes to. first light and weavers fen I'm looking @ u

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
How is gold generated in this game? Not how do players make money. How do players ORIGINATE gold? Quest rewards. Chests. How else does the game inject money into the economy? What ways are gold destroyed? Which taxes/fees don’t go into a company’s coffer.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

CLAM DOWN posted:

Wu Tang Company
Company Name: Wu Tang Company
Server: EU - Zerzura
Faction: Covenant
Discord/Invites: https://discord.gg/pFJezJ8NMd

Updated info:
Cool Single Dad Hangout
Company Name: Cool Single Dad Hangout
Server: EU - Alioth
Faction: Covenant
Discord/Invites: https://discord.gg/pFJezJ8NMd

GET INTO DA CHOPPA fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Oct 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

cosmicjim posted:

How is gold generated in this game? Not how do players make money. How do players ORIGINATE gold? Quest rewards. Chests. How else does the game inject money into the economy? What ways are gold destroyed? Which taxes/fees don’t go into a company’s coffer.

Money goes in through kills, quests, chests, wars, and invasions.

Money goes to companies through trading taxes, housing taxes, and crafting/refining taxes. I don't know if this is 1:1 and it may not be. I would guess a percentage is tithed out before entering company coffers.

Money leaves through trading house listing fees, individuals buying houses, and the above exorbitant company fees for upgrading/maintaining a territory. Edit: And declaring war.

sure okay fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Oct 21, 2021