Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Aurora posted:

it's weird to establish that it's a sin to cry because of an anime

It's a sin to tell a lie.

We need to normalize crying as a common form of emotional expression rather than stigmatizing it as a weakness. Never liked the term "break down" as it implies that showing emotion is wrong somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Arc Hammer posted:

It's a sin to tell a lie.

We need to normalize crying as a common form of emotional expression rather than stigmatizing it as a weakness. Never liked the term "break down" as it implies that showing emotion is wrong somehow.
Mhm. Otherwise you get

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K-h9W9L2aw

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I cry watching and reading stuff all the time so a better distinction is whether or not it was just a few tears or real tears like ugly crying

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'll compromise and allow up to 8 tears

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ahh gurren lagann. i've heard it has Epic ftw moments in it, and it'll make me cry too? gainax does it again

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

I've heard this one so many times but I don't think I've ever found a youtube video for the English dub where the actor got kicked in the balls to replicate the sound.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

dogsicle posted:

it is a sin

a casshern sins, ep 12

ne, ima doushite bokura umareta no
ne, hora doushite bokura deatta no
wakaranakute kowai kara tsunaide kono te wo
ima kimi ni tsuyoku, nigirikaeshite hoshiindo

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Everything Burrito posted:

I cry watching and reading stuff all the time so a better distinction is whether or not it was just a few tears or real tears like ugly crying

I make a distinction between tears and actual verbal sobbing.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Arc Hammer posted:

I've heard this one so many times but I don't think I've ever found a youtube video for the English dub where the actor got kicked in the balls to replicate the sound.
Sorry what

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

El Burbo posted:

i also cried at gurren lagann

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I cried watching the first episode of Demon Slayer.

It was a big relief to know that I'm not actually a robot and I can feel emotions actually.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
I cried at episode 11 of Zombieland Saga Revenge when the kids tell Franchouchou while they're out of makeup that they aren't scary and that they're Franchouchou, not zombies. especially when Ai is on the brink of tears in happiness
'

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Tears ran down my cheeks as Rem gave her big speech to Subaru on how he could live his life as her hero.

Which turned to devilish laughter when he replied "I love emilia"

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The part with the brother in Panorama of Hell had me sobbing. Just thinking about it makes me wanna cry to be honest.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i haven't cried at an anime but i have felt happiness for characters that have good things happen to them. snow white with the red hair is good for this. or when kaiji is able to survive each new opponent

any anime where a character that starts out very lonesome/lonely and ends up with a friend group will make me smile a lot

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I don’t know about Kaiji but I definitely cried at the end of Ten.

Best arc I’ve read in manga!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

well kaiji is a very emotional person! and the stakes are always so high, and his situation so dire.. so when he's able to pull out a win it's such a great feeling

I used to be heavily emotionally impacted by sporting events, so there's a little remnant of that in watching something like kaiji (oddly, sports anime doesn't usually get this feeling out of me, though. in fact i kind of hate tournaments in anime lol)

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Your Name and A Silent Voice were tearjerkers for sure though I'm sure those are easy and obvious choices.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i cried at the end of the chimera ant arc in hxh. and a couple times in the last few episodes of k-on. and a couple times in euphonium. oh and a place further than the universe. anime makes me cry kind of easily actually lol

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

man i wish the samurai girl in boruto was canon so she could participate in the real arcs

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

lol if you're not constantly in tears because anime is not real

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I think you'll find that anime is real, actually

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

The last ep of gurren lagan is a tearjerker

also if you feel no emotion during grave of the fireflies, you're a monster

the last ep of fma brotherhood when the slow version of the theme kicks in too. you know the scene.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

my intellect is constantly at war with my emotions so i tend to cry and then 10 minutes later go "yeah that wasnt a very good show huh"

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

TV Zombie posted:

Your Name and A Silent Voice were tearjerkers for sure though I'm sure those are easy and obvious choices.

Yeah, these two and Summer Wars

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
It was sad when Goku died

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The Scene With Her Emails IMO

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i cried when i saw hillary's emails too

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Crying is good and healthy, both physically and mentally. :colbert:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I cried at the episode about Lily's dad in Zombieland Saga and when I saw the animation in DBS Broly. Oh and at the 100% Gratitude scene in Mob Psycho followed shortly by Reigen and Mob's first meeting.

I find many things in this world beautiful

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Missing Name posted:

The last ep of gurren lagan is a tearjerker

also if you feel no emotion during grave of the fireflies, you're a monster

the last ep of fma brotherhood when the slow version of the theme kicks in too. you know the scene.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i cry at the end of most anime/games/books/movies i like tbh, even if nothing sad is happening.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
ABC (Always Be Crying)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
How is Cowboy Bebop not on Netflix yet

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the last time i cried was when i learned what good morning, good night, thank you, and goodbye meant

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

the last time i cried was when i learned what good morning, good night, thank you, and goodbye meant

lol

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

i feel like most people probably teared up at minimum at march comes in like a lion but gently caress if that one didn't hit like a sledgehammer

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I don't think I've cried at an anime but I did tear up at the end of Outer Wilds

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Look, I spent years not crying after my parents broke me of it and I'll be damned if I'm not gonna cry to sad anime now that I've got hrt helping me.

Also yes, the episode with Lily's dad in Zombieland Saga got me both the first time and honestly harder the second time when I was watching it with a friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
a silent voice and ai-ren both made me cry real hard
what an emotional moment