Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Don't level with Cyclone, use Bladestorm instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

If max Energy Shield is 0, are you considered on "Low Energy Shield"?

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Alright, I think I'm gonna start this Exsang/Seismic Trap Sabo to get things going. I've never played a trapper, though, so is this thing too good to be true?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqem-MJ_sR0

Fully expecting the CIPs to be outrageous the first few days, but it looks like the build can still function exceptionally well without them.

The only question I've got coming away from the vid is whether this thing will be squishy or not. But I don't need anything insane cause I just play SC.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I'm starting to panic that I don't have a build planned yet.

Historically I've refused to double up on builds, and broke that rule in Heist, Ritual, and Ultimatum when I ended up running BB/BF in all three back to back.

I've run with success:

RF Jugg
Arc & Lightning Ball Traps and Mines
FP Totems
Multiple Necro builds
Earthshatter Champ
Bleed Glad
Cyclone
An insane TR Trickster in Harvest that's the strongest character I've ever run
An insane Storm Brand Heiro in Delirium that's the second strongest character I've ever run
Helix Raider
SST Glad
Dire Ignite Ele

Anything looking good as a starter that's not any of the poo poo above?

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

soscannonballs posted:

If max Energy Shield is 0, are you considered on "Low Energy Shield"?
No. You're not on Full Energy Shield either.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

next league is gonna be poo poo right?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Lpzie posted:

next league is gonna be poo poo right?

looks pretty good op

no trials of ascendancy is already the greatest qol buff since being able to buy gems

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020

Looks like they changed it around a bit from the patch notes.

e: I kind of want to run Burning Arrow Snipe in Assailum but you'd need to hit them with a non-Snipe BA first to make sure they're already ignited. That's a loooot of flat damage, though.

shimmy shimmy fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Oct 21, 2021

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Aerox posted:

Exsanguinate Champion
Skele Mage Necro

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

So it’s 4 secs of 25% “more ignite” basically ?

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

Energy Blade look good and is a cool idea, to bad the damage looks pretty garbage.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Alright, I think I'm gonna start this Exsang/Seismic Trap Sabo to get things going. I've never played a trapper, though, so is this thing too good to be true?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqem-MJ_sR0

Fully expecting the CIPs to be outrageous the first few days, but it looks like the build can still function exceptionally well without them.

The only question I've got coming away from the vid is whether this thing will be squishy or not. But I don't need anything insane cause I just play SC.

yeah seismic/exsang is legit.

here's darkee's POB which is way more defensive but still fuckloads of damage:

https://pastebin.com/vBBjtuMF

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Dias posted:

looks pretty good op

no trials of ascendancy is already the greatest qol buff since being able to buy gems

I think maybe he meant the league after Scourge is going to be poo poo.

And having gone through Anomaleague you have no idea how much not being able to buy skill gems sucks. I started playing this game well before that ever became a thing, but with all of the options we have no and different archetypes the starting classes can do? Woof.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Aerox posted:

Historically I've refused to double up on builds, and broke that rule in Heist, Ritual, and Ultimatum when I ended up running BB/BF in all three back to back.

I've run with success:

RF Jugg
FP Totems
Multiple Necro builds
Earthshatter Champ
Bleed Glad
Cyclone
An insane Storm Brand Heiro in Delirium that's the second strongest character I've ever run
Helix Raider
SST Glad
Dire Ignite Ele

Lol if you don't make 8 changes to your starter build the two days before launch. Lmao

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Wanting to do phys cyclone this league since it's been a while and I love the ol' spin and win. Am I going to regret it?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

whypick1 posted:

I think maybe he meant the league after Scourge is going to be poo poo.

And having gone through Anomaleague you have no idea how much not being able to buy skill gems sucks. I started playing this game well before that ever became a thing, but with all of the options we have no and different archetypes the starting classes can do? Woof.

I played the game when buying gems wasn't a thing and it indeed sucked donkey dick. Also yeah, duh, that makes sense.

Zenithe posted:

Lol if you don't make 8 changes to your starter build the two days before launch. Lmao

im in this post and i don't like it (still can't decide what I wanna play)

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Zenithe posted:

Right, but I'm not even at the stage where I've picked a starter to completely abandon at the last minute yet.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Aerox posted:

Right, but I'm not even at the stage where I've picked a starter to completely abandon at the last minute yet.

https://asmodeusgit.github.io/PoeBuildRoulette/

e: vvv Shockwave Totem Slayer :smug:

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Oct 21, 2021

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
SST Occultist :mad:

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Some parts of this build are a little sus. He's got the elder axe and a vuln on hit ring, so that's, uhh, not what it's gonna be like entering maps. I swapped to jack the axe and turned off vuln and it's still reasonable.

He's got marked that he has max power charges but I don't know where those are coming from.

He's got 97% mana reserved. 11 mana remaining to cast your spells.

The DPS isn't against a boss.

He's using level 5 awakened gems.

His gear is simultaneously good and not good. His gear is missing resists, but getting the resists he needs on that gear would make it gg.

Finally, he's level 95. Drop it to 85 and see what still looks good about it.

Thanks - the gems were the only thing I noticed right away, but you're right about all of this. Probably not the way to go.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Oh no

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
You can damage enemies with traps if you take ancestral bond?!

Holy crap, energy blade slam totems + blade trap here I come!!!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Vulpes posted:

Wanting to do phys cyclone this league since it's been a while and I love the ol' spin and win. Am I going to regret it?

You can do it as long as you find enough currency or heart to stick with it.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kind of intriguing actually, might workshop it a bit when I get home. it wouldn't be endgame viable but I like to farm money for some leveling uniques in white maps and then make a real character anyway

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Saboteur Flame Golems.

Looks like I'm skipping this league.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Bodyswap Trickster

This is going to be great. I have no idea what bodyswap even does.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

totalnewbie posted:

Bodyswap Trickster

This is going to be great. I have no idea what bodyswap even does.

Does bodyswap even work on bosses? That should be fun.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
I have had strangely good experiences with making builds as ascendants vs just using the meta ascendancy. Doesn't work for everything ofc, and the day one experience of ascendants can be iffy, but the ascendancy gives a lot of flexibility that smooths out builds early league

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

I’m slightly favoring exsang champion, among like 5 other builds. Mostly because I don’t like dying, haven’t played exsang, don’t care for traps/mines, and league started TR many times. Is the play style for self cast exsang all right?

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

lord help me i'm going to leaguestart as "melee" (steel skills champ)

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I have had strangely good experiences with making builds as ascendants vs just using the meta ascendancy. Doesn't work for everything ofc, and the day one experience of ascendants can be iffy, but the ascendancy gives a lot of flexibility that smooths out builds early league

I've always wanted to do slayer/elementalist melee just for the complete immunity lol. Shame that's all it would have going for it.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Social Media posted:

lord help me i'm going to leaguestart as "melee" (steel skills champ)

Lord help this goon leaguestarting as a known solid league start build

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Zenithe posted:

Lord help this goon leaguestarting as a known solid league start build

the timeless mystery of 'which extremely solid build with many great guides do i start with??'

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

gently caress I'm going poison scourge arrow. poo poo weird and there's probably better starting builds that on the left side of the tree but I'm in the mood for poison.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Leatherhead posted:

Thanks - the gems were the only thing I noticed right away, but you're right about all of this. Probably not the way to go.

I mean, the build is capable of doing that, the author is just being overly optimistic of what it's capable of early on. I'm down for bleed lacerate and love builds that have a damage over time component, but I'm interested in having better bossing this time around.

Maybe take what you learned from that build and see if you can make numbers get big starting fresh.

E: I think I've decided to start as warchief slams, maybe headed towards strength stacking later on, even though I used up all my league luck during testing when a tabula dropped from merveil.

Slams still work right? Right?

DisgracelandUSA fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Oct 21, 2021

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The drat build randomizer is too good lol. I got fireball occultist when I saw it in my tabs and that's kind of intriguing actually. Too bad there's no way I don't think to curse on ignite, just on the hits that cause ignites. It would be really sick to have some kind of unique or something that let you use fireball sort of like EDC. Or to have chaining curse splosions somehow.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Aerox posted:

I've run with success:

RF Jugg
FP Totems
Multiple Necro builds
Earthshatter Champ
Bleed Glad
Cyclone
Helix Raider
SST Glad
Dire Ignite Ele

Chaos DoT Occultist - take your pick from bane/soulrend/ED/Contagion for skills. CDot got buffed with new tree and masteries this league.

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020
I took Darkee's Level 90 Champion TR build and rebuilt it for Raider instead. I'd really like to keep the spell suppression cluster but it makes the pathing super awkward (have to path around Quickstep or you overcap with Raider). PoB reports the damage at 1.15m on two 5 links with the ballistas out and what looks like a pretty generic set of gear. I've got absolutely no idea how/if PoB calculates overlaps either, so that might just be per pod.

There's some free mana available too, I think I'm going to try the new temporal flashback skill.

https://pastebin.com/wafpsdfy

E: could definitely use some sanity checking here

shimmy shimmy fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Oct 21, 2021

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

boredsatellite posted:

gently caress I'm going poison scourge arrow. poo poo weird and there's probably better starting builds that on the left side of the tree but I'm in the mood for poison.

Death Oath Scourge Arrow. You can scale dps on scourge arrow to 7 million for bosses on Occultist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
why death's oath tho?