Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Barudak posted:

Its a growth target through June. Its bad they missed it, obviously, but 37% growth is on ??? so we have no idea what it means. They also would have made this goal assuming Halo would launch during the year so I've got a feeling internally there is less sky falling panic than online posting.

They really do need to unfuck its perception/reality on PC though, because that should be generating growth and it doesn't seem it online.

yeah, I'm guessing it's much closer to whatever internal target they had in a world without Halo Infinite coming out. And (without reading the article) I think they can look at other metrics (like stickiness of customers) and see positive signs there separately. One number won't tell the whole story.

Fly Ricky posted:

No new Beetle in FH5? It’d better be because Beetle Adventure Racing is headed to Nintendo Online Expensive Edition.

there's a couple of older Baja Bugs and a 2017-era rallycross Beetle, those should count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Nuts and Gum posted:

I mean they included the Nissan 240SX SE so thats clearly not universally true. I just want to relive the 90s okay!

No Ford Taurus, how am I supposed to make my robocop car now?

The 240SX is actually an extremely capable chassis for just about any motorsport discipline. extremely versatile and responds well to simple bolt on power and suspension modifications, abundant after market and support scene.

the 300ZX is the peak of Japanese excess in car tech (similar to the Mitsusbishi 3000GT or Lexus Soarer) and while technologically more advanced than the 240, its complexity and over-reliance on technology make it an extremely poor choice for motorsport of any kind. I remember my dad had one when I was a kid and he had an alarm installed in it but the screamer/siren had to be installed in the rear bumper as there was not enough room in the engine bay for it. great GT car (after all they designed the trunk in a way that you can stow 2 full golf bags) but not great for actual track use.

300ZX are making a resurgence in popularity now because all the other cool and good nissans are worth ridiculous money because of speculation on classic japanese cars.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I saw the new Defender in forza 5 trailers somewhere they’re really pushing marketing on that one. Was in James Bond too

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Looks like the next-gen versions of Cyberpunk 2077 and Witcher 3 are delayed until next year
https://www.polygon.com/22736576/cyberpunk-2077-next-gen-update-witcher-3-ps5-xbox-series-x

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

2022 will be a good year for gaming.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

webmeister posted:

Looks like the next-gen versions of Cyberpunk 2077 and Witcher 3 are delayed until next year
https://www.polygon.com/22736576/cyberpunk-2077-next-gen-update-witcher-3-ps5-xbox-series-x

Can't wait to finally enjoy Cyberpunk in 2025

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Nuts and Gum posted:

No Ford Probe GT or 300ZX? this is BULLSHIIIT

1st or 2nd gen probe?

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

harperdc posted:

a 2017-era rallycross Beetle, those should count.

Sweet. That must have been the one Volkswagen that didn’t display on my mobile screen!

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

fridge corn posted:

1st or 2nd gen probe?
2nd gen. Didn’t have the spoiler, though:argh:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Nuts and Gum posted:

2nd gen. Didn’t have the spoiler, though:argh:

My first car was a 1st gen probe which I later built and swapped in a turbo engine. It was such a stupid car lol. Will always have fondness for all probes tho :love:

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I'm trying out Echo Generation, which I've never heard about but is out on Game Pass today. It's a turn-based RPG kind of game. It seems promising, looks nice at least.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Sounds like you also get survival mode and something called saints and sinners for free as well. I wonder what the next gen enhancements will be.

https://twitter.com/BethesdaStudios/status/1450839288459976707?s=20

Mummy Napkin
Mar 18, 2018
Shoutouts to whoever recommended Into the Pit in game pass itt. Played a few hours last night and it rules.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/10/21/new-seagate-storage-expansion-cards/

quote:

At the launch of Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S, Designed for Xbox announced the close collaboration with Seagate to expand next-gen storage with the 1TB Seagate Storage Expansion Card. Designed for Xbox has collaborated with Seagate once again, and we’re excited to announce 512GB and 2TB Storage Expansion Cards for Xbox Series X|S will be available soon in all Xbox markets.

The Seagate 512GB Storage Expansion Card for Xbox Series X|S is available for pre-order today from Walmart in the United States for $139.99 USD (US Dollars) and will launch mid-November. For other markets and availability, please check your local retailer.

The Seagate 2TB Storage Expansion Card for Xbox Series X|S will be available for pre-order in November for $399.99 USD and will launch early December. The Seagate 2TB Storage Expansion Card will also be the next product featuring the Designed for Xbox Limited Series badge, ensuring premium product quality, performance, and design.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

400 dollars for more storage absolute loving laffo are you mad lads

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Just buy another series s and store more games on there

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Could just buy a second xbox instead to store the rest of your games.

edit: great minds think alike

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
lmfao

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

Real hurthling! posted:

Omg carto goes on and on. Make a livejournal and leave it outta the game you're wearing out my text bubble killing button

Flashbacks to CrossCode. Unending tutorial filled with unending dialogue. I don't give a poo poo! Let me play the game.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Skrill.exe posted:

Flashbacks to CrossCode. Unending tutorial filled with unending dialogue. I don't give a poo poo! Let me play the game.

I like that it quite literally has a plot mandatory quiz on the lore, that even within the context of the game is tedious to its players and completely made up with no bearing on the actual story. And by like I mean if there hadn't been 1,000 textboxes of gently caress all nothing before that it would have been funny but instead it was where I realized the game was lying about what it wanted to be.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/SKULLHORNETS/status/1450911657182564355

Xbox stays winning.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
What's type final and why does that picture have a big pink dick in the middle of it?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ultrachrist posted:

What's type final and why does that picture have a big pink dick in the middle of it?

That's apparently the same question that the US PlayStation Store asked, hence the delay so they can change the content.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It's a retro side scrolling shooter that got a remake. In the original game though, one of the bosses is quite literally a gigantic robot :dong:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I keep holding off on R Type Final expecting it to be a game pass addition but its a race between that and a sale price I stuipdly buy it at

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Looks like Apex Legends is getting another new map, with this one seemingly being set on a tropical island with a lot of wildlife. The new character looks fun as well. Gameplay reveal coming soon but for now we've had another animation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R559DWBYbU

Path of Exile is getting another update which looks great as well but it still seems like an intimidatingly complex game to get into :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNx68r2TzRY

Edit:

Also, Doom Eternal is getting a horde mode shortly :swoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoY6CgJjO34

SUNKOS fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Oct 21, 2021

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
I've been totally spoiled by Quick Resume and I can't describe how weirdly outraged I get when a game doesn't support it. And that goes double for first-party games, THE OUTER WORLDS.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
the worst is when a game DOES support it and then a patch breaks it. the ultimate betrayal

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

the worst is when a game DOES support it and then a patch breaks it. the ultimate betrayal

Yes! I think I've seen this happen with a release that was basically:

- bumped game up to 60 fps (even though it had fps boost and didn't need it)
- broke quick resume

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
Haha was that Fallen Order?

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
Think so, yeah.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

I’m finding conflicting information on Arkham Origins for Series X. If I find the disk version will I be able to play it? Looks like it was removed from the digital store. Also, would it be enhanced any compared to the PSNow version? I usually have pretty good luck with streaming from it but would rather play the game locally.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

loudog999 posted:

I’m finding conflicting information on Arkham Origins for Series X. If I find the disk version will I be able to play it? Looks like it was removed from the digital store. Also, would it be enhanced any compared to the PSNow version? I usually have pretty good luck with streaming from it but would rather play the game locally.

It'll work, probably won't look much better than on 360/PS3 generation consoles, except that the framerate will be an unflinching 30 fps, plus the usual improved texture filtering on BC stuff.

The PC version would be highly preferable if possible, as with all the Arkham games except Knight.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
Definitely works, I have it on disk and it will install fine. It looks like the 360 version. Loads faster on Series X and you wouldn't be using a lovely PS3 stream like PSNow.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
October System Update is out. Adds 4k support for the dashboard, night mode settings for dimming various lights, and a Quick Settings menu to the guide for toggling various accessibility features.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Kins posted:

October System Update is out. Adds 4k support for the dashboard, night mode settings for dimming various lights, and a Quick Settings menu to the guide for toggling various accessibility features.
Do I have to manually download this or is it an automatic thing?

Also,
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1451253197268389896

Really looking forward to playing this in a couple weeks!

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I have my xbox set to auto-update, but I find it usually doesn't update for a couple of days. I usually just manually update if I find out about them.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Rageaholic posted:

Do I have to manually download this or is it an automatic thing?

Automatic, but you can make it happen immediately by going to Settings > system > updates.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
Nice, the controller and console LED brightness can be set independent of Dark Mode. Good update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

The controller home button getting a custom brightness setting is the best. I chose to go with the dimmest setting while still leaving the light on. Much more comfortable than the full brightness it used to be.

The console power button I straight up made full dark.