Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
lol can I get this hello post stickied in the refunds sub or something because I've had like a dozen random people accuse me of altering this or whatever to tank ship sales hahaha

TheAgent posted:

well boy howdy and hello
  • "server meshing" in its original form is scrapped completely as of Q4 2020
  • "no possible way to make it work" with thousands of players in a single instance
  • going forward, areas will be partitioned into about 100 players although "might be less"
  • this is not per system but per arbitrary "zone," that might include planetary bodies, outposts, platforms, etc
  • currently this is working in test bed internals (lol yeah okay we'll loving see)
  • this will be downplayed as "tier 0" or "test version" but will see "no significant improvements"
  • being handled by Turbulent who immediately scrapped the earlier designs and brought in new ideas
  • Pyro is coming "very, very soon" read: by end of year/next two patches (lol yeaaaah okay)
  • "Our next updates skew heavily towards combat and improving the [PvE] combat experience."
  • devs feel that PvP griefing "has been solved" and no further development time will be allotted for griefing issues
  • there's yet another quest system internal redesign happening
  • this might cause older quests to be dropped or reworked (what quests lol)
  • some of these new quests will be labeled "quick action"
  • these pit players directly into action with PvE actors with little to no travel times
  • there will be no "quick action" for PvP players -- "that's Theaters of War" (I still think ToW is a goner, but whatever)
  • there will be no capital ship PvP -- things "might change" if their servers can handle it
  • larger ships (crew of 30+) will never encounter another player capital ship by design
  • "The [capital ship] system is a God-drat loving mess."
  • yet another new player experience is in the works
  • this "tutorial" allows new players to explore without fear of PvP in their own sharded system
  • "At the end of the questline -- if you decide to leave -- everything will be normal, including flagged for PvP."
  • existing backers can go back and experience this content
  • players in this shard have a limited credit cap but can rent different ships for reduced cost
  • requires no ship package or purchase in order to access (????)
  • there's a new group finder in the works with "some" automated process
  • this will allow like minded players to group up easily across servers/zones
  • new group flagging will disable friendly fire attacks
  • grouping system will "more easily show" players you've grouped with
  • UI redesign of the grouping system, chat, and HUD is in the works since early 2019
  • "The design of the original mobiass [sic] is very dated."
  • this is also being handled by Turbulent
  • Chris Roberts and his family take "about ten percent" of all incoming revenue
  • this was a decrease from previous years

edit oh I left one off about the grouping system that was pretty cool
  • you can set your spectrum account to allow others to join your in-game group directly from the forums
one dude wrote this

quote:

Done with your lying bitch mouth you gently caress. You wrote this during the panel and I know it. You weasel stink gob. You chariot of lies. Wheels on wheels on wheels. gently caress you. Stupid fat gently caress worthless fat gently caress weasel. Eat my shite you cum faucet bitch. Liar.
If you could give them the timestamp or whatever that would be great oh and

quote:

when folk like you talk like this and ruin lives yes lives plural because its hurting the project and hundreds of good people who working on it and people like me who have done not much for it but we see the potential and that potential is grater than you hate and we will overcome negative because we are in the light all know such when seen at the end bless you for you will know it

thank you for contributing to STAR CITIZEN for you are shadow to our light god bless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

TheAgent posted:

lol can I get this hello post stickied in the refunds sub or something because I've had like a dozen random people accuse me of altering this or whatever to tank ship sales hahaha

one dude wrote this

so chris and his family have taken over 40 mil from the enterprise, on the low end

it must be nice to have no strings attached!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TheAgent posted:

thank you for contributing to STAR CITIZEN for you are shadow to our light god bless

You were the shadow to my light
Did you feel us?
Another star system, you fade away
Afraid our aim is out of sight
Wanna see us alight

Where are you now?
Where are you now?
Where are you now?
Was it all in my fantasy?
Where are you now?
Were you only imaginary?

Where are you now?
Atlantis, under the sea, under the sea
Where are you now? Another dream
The monster's running wild inside of me
I'm faded, I'm faded
So lost, I'm faded, I'm faded
So lost, I'm faded

e: Coincidentally I was listening to that today so it came to mind

trucutru fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Oct 21, 2021

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
Although no death threats this time!

That's good because these are coming through like, an email associated with my real identity. I didn't tell anyone here (except Bootcha) but the leak email is dead and done. Closed down and sent away to the protonmail Gods. No more juicy leaks besides those people I know in person -- so any "hello" from now on will be from actual people I know, get drunk with, and let them completely rant against how loving everyone leading this project is completely corrupt and inept (like the good old days of 2016).

I've also moved across the motherfucking country so my heady LA/OC development days are long gone.

Don't expect many "hello" posts in the future, is what I'm trying to say, I guess.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
hello

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thanks for your service anyway, many fun hellos were had.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Its fun that the true Star Citizen was Chris Roberts himself all along.

Having crowdfunded 40m into retirement.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

goodbye

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

TheAgent posted:

That's good because these are coming through like, an email associated with my real identity. I didn't tell anyone here (except Bootcha) but the leak email is dead and done. Closed down and sent away to the protonmail Gods. No more juicy leaks besides those people I know in person -- so any "hello" from now on will be from actual people I know, get drunk with, and let them completely rant against how loving everyone leading this project is completely corrupt and inept (like the good old days of 2016).

I've also moved across the motherfucking country so my heady LA/OC development days are long gone.

Don't expect many "hello" posts in the future, is what I'm trying to say, I guess.

Perhaps in the future instead of the long screeds you could report your findings in a picture format.

I would always be delighted to see a hello.jpg

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
Somehow missed this post when it was first posted.

TheAgent posted:

well boy howdy and hello
  • there will be no capital ship PvP -- things "might change" if their servers can handle it
  • larger ships (crew of 30+) will never encounter another player capital ship by design

And now we see why they released an Idris that only needs 3-4 to crew it...

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

I’m so confused that people are mad that other people would try to kill them to take their poo poo. Like isn’t that what all the Starlords wants to do to the poor, non-Idris having masses?

Also that quote about homeboy’s earn being more important because he paid for it is solid gold.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
sound
https://i.imgur.com/Z1Htu2E.mp4

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

TheAgent posted:

well boy howdy and hello

So i never have to worry about my RSI Orion being ganked in PVP! Mostly because it will never be functionally implemented, but if it ever is it's immune to ganking!

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
o8 commendar god bles,s

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Sammus posted:

I’m so confused that people are mad that other people would try to kill them to take their poo poo. Like isn’t that what all the Starlords wants to do to the poor, non-Idris having masses?
most of them just want to slowly fly around and look out their windows and take screenshots

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

TheAgent posted:

one dude wrote this

Those replys read like dril tweets.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Squatty Potty!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Kosumo posted:

I'm a little confused.

When I played games in the arcade's back in the 80s, the games often told me winners don't use drugs.

Now it seems like Star Citizen is telling me that the winners are using drugs?

Can anyone explain this to me?

You're not going to call Chris Roberts a loser, now are you?
Remember, he was a small and ultimately troublesome cog in the far more talented team that made a minority portion of the Wing Commander games. How can that guy be a loser? What kind of evil fudster would want to paint him as one?

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008

IronicDongz posted:

most of them just want to slowly fly around and look out their windows and take screenshots

Honestly, I do have urges for interstellar resource gathering and production to sell on a market. Though I'm not sold that that's a possibility in any reasonable time frame here. Something is going to come out more thought out and flat out more fun before this thing 'launches'; maybe 3 more No Mans Sky updates

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Chris moves to the UK, and "TheAgent" also moves away from LA at the same time? What a likely story.

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

Play the game

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Sammus posted:

I want a game where I can kill you and take your poo poo, not a game where you can kill me and take my poo poo.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Oh, now I'm SO looking forward to the introduction of anti-personnel mines!

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
stolen from refunds sub, how do you gently caress up shooting this badly in an engine for FPS games

"Awesome" new trickshot attachment.

https://v.redd.it/70y628798qu71/DASH_720.mp4

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
Ashes to ashes,
Monk to monkey,
We know Captain Crob’s a junkie

TheAgent posted:

Thanks for all the laughs and gossip. It’s been a lot of fun, but it’s not worth letting evangelical hate mail into your home.

(Promise you’ll drunk livestream any future legal proceedings though)

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

one dude wrote this

Cum faucet bitch is something i haven't seen before. Glad I learned something new today. :thunkher:

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

TheAgent posted:

one dude wrote this

No way friendo. This would do an absolute number on the Star Citizen Net Promoter Score.

Ruining lives!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

These fudsters need to remember this is the game Chris Roberts always wanted.

He plays it daily and showed his proficiency a long time ago when he struggled to log in 7 years ago and not a time since.

Asking if cig plays their game should be a bannable offense in the name of Chris, daily star citizen gamer and chief coder. :colbert:

HexiDave
Mar 20, 2009

Dwesa posted:

stolen from refunds sub, how do you gently caress up shooting this badly in an engine for FPS games

"Awesome" new trickshot attachment.

https://v.redd.it/70y628798qu71/DASH_720.mp4

I know the point is that the gun now shoots up, but that slow zoom out to reveal the 400 lb weapons locker the guy is wearing on his back was incredible.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

HexiDave posted:

I know the point is that the gun now shoots up, but that slow zoom out to reveal the 400 lb weapons locker the guy is wearing on his back was incredible.

it's so unrealistic how other games have a non physicalized weapons inventory

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

biglads posted:

Perhaps in the future instead of the long screeds you could report your findings in a picture format.

I would always be delighted to see a hello.jpg

How much are you willing to pay for that jpeg?

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019

The Titanic posted:

These fudsters need to remember this is the game Chris Roberts always wanted.

He plays it daily and showed his proficiency a long time ago when he struggled to log in 7 years ago and not a time since.

Asking if cig plays their game should be a bannable offense in the name of Chris, daily star citizen gamer and chief coder. :colbert:

No FUD! There was also this proof of life tweet with 3 seconds of him playing it with his child. No footage of screens, but chris wouldn't lie to you :trustme:

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
The real star citizens were the friends we made along the way

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Dr. Honked posted:

The real star citizens were the friends Derek Smart alts we made along the way

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I saw someone unironicly call someone "Derek Smart fans" on a Norwegian gamer forum today.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Yikes, that griefing tactic- roofie-ing fellow players to rob them.

I see the "inevitable consequences" portion of the playerbase is still around...

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

TheAgent posted:

one dude wrote this

All of this reminds me of Q. The insulta you're quoting would me a bunch of hell good forum names imo

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Let's ride in the chariot of lies my cum faucets

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

TheAgent posted:

o7 Thank you for your service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Yikes, that griefing tactic- roofie-ing fellow players to rob them.

I see the "inevitable consequences" portion of the playerbase is still around...

The inevitable consequences of Star Citizen...