Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

Z the IVth posted:

Is there anything to do in the Galeria? I wondered about visiting every time I go by on the A1.

there used to be a nice (for the price) Chinese buffet there, but idk if it's still there or not

apart from that, it's just your bog-standard mall

e: what a pitiful snipe :smith: 87 is uhhhhh a number, i guess. also, wikipedia tells me that British Rail Class 87 is a type of locomotive

nurmie fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Oct 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

Genuinely thought the green sign was a Colston statue protest thing for a few seconds until I realised it was a public safety notice.

Is this the next thing for the blueticks to worry about? Social justice campaigners have moved on from chucking racist statues in the Floating Harbour to outside broadcast trucks?

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

LOL, all that's going straight in the bin 30 seconds later.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
get a fuckin hobby m8

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

(Greenwashing?)
And IMHO :tinfoil: :tinfoil: it seems that this and the 'green duty' to be added now when gas prices are shooting through the roof are designed specifically to undermine the greening of the UK because I imagine (and maybe I'm wrong) that The People will not be happy bunnies at all and demand an end to greening. (As well as the property transfer thing.)

It's this. Either the telegraph or times went off half-cocked and was already blaming the fuel shortages on environmentalism

add to that things like 'insulate britain' who's entire existence appears to be to poison the public towards any kind of climate activism. Combine this with the leaked COP26 papers that have various governments demanding any mention of 'climate activism' be removed. Yeah the west is definitely mobilizing against any possible change in society due to climate pressure.

SpaceCommie
Oct 2, 2008

I'm escaping to the one place that hasn't been corrupted by Capitalism ...

SPACE!

Gorn Myson posted:

I can absolutely imagine this Labour looking at Islington North and thinking "this is a Labour safe seat, lets run a Starmer ally here", which means they'll run as tedious an pliant a centrist as you can possibly imagine, who will then eat poo poo.

I know this is a few pages back, but I'm now hoping in 2024 Starmer decides to once again show the clean break with the previous Labour leader and he parachutes himself in to stand against Corbyn.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
They should let this guy be ScotLab leader imo.

https://twitter.com/GMBGlasgowCC/status/1450680906478497794

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

BalloonFish posted:

Genuinely thought the green sign was a Colston statue protest thing for a few seconds until I realised it was a public safety notice.

Is this the next thing for the blueticks to worry about? Social justice campaigners have moved on from chucking racist statues in the Floating Harbour to outside broadcast trucks?

Comrade Harbour strikes again.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Not that he's wrong there, but Myerson is a transphobic zionist shitpile. Desperately wants to be Seff Jamuels. He's no business complaining about self-importance or indulging oneself.

BizarroAzrael fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Oct 21, 2021

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

BizarroAzrael posted:

Not that he's wrong there, but Myerson is a transphobic zionist shitpile. Desperately wants to be Seff Jamuels. He's no business complaining about self-importance or indulging oneself.

I just picked a random twitterer, and hadn't heard of him before. Thanks for pointing it out.

In other news... wtf? https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1451142195986280450

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
What a coincidence then, that covid also has a convivial fraternal spirit with your lungs

cyril sneeeer
May 3, 2021

by Pragmatica
I sincerely hope ALL conservative MPs catch covid through this "convivial fraternal spirit" and are left to die face down in a ditch by the nhs staff who would have to risk their health to treat them.

:)

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Soo the perennial 'which ISP is good'. I was happy with Zen with my Unlimited Fibre One (14 quid line rental, 10 quid fibre a month) but now when I go on their website to get internet at the new place the lowest speed option they'll offer me is 38 quid a month, not counting line rental, for an 18 month contract which seems just a bit steep. Possibly it doesn't help my new address doesn't have fttc apparently?

I know about Andrews and Arnold, had them before and liked them except you get a 500 gig a month download cap and then have to pay to top up. However, given their ADSL option is 35 quid with copper pair, Zen have somehow succeeded in making them look cheap. Any other decent options?

Edit: I guess I can do A&A with a 6 month contract and switch if I need to later.

feedmegin fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Oct 21, 2021

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

fuctifino posted:

I just picked a random twitterer, and hadn't heard of him before. Thanks for pointing it out.

In other news... wtf? https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1451142195986280450

So much utter contempt against the oik that asked him this that he couldn't even be bothered to think up of a good excuse.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

I'm reminded of his "and the fish are British fish, and they're happier fish for it" thing from a few months ago, and Labour's complete inability to capitalise on what a bunch of loving clowns the Tories are.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Don't interrupt your opponent when he's making a mistake.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Classic Kay Burley

https://twitter.com/CharlieBCuff/status/1451114719453065216?t=k33n6fz_x2pfaktBvXhNDA&s=19

"Ethnic fabric" :ohno:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

fuctifino posted:

My parents sowing: 6 people at the big wedding anniversary do we went to at our posh apartment building’s restaurant got covid but not us oh ho ho we are vaccinated

My parents reaping: we thought we had colds but our posh apartment building made everyone take covid tests before they went into the lobby and now they have banned us from leaving our apartment for 10 days and are arranging council food boxes, what the gently caress?!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

drat can't believe ol' KKKay would do something racist

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

fuctifino posted:

So this guy can stand there and say that, legally, yet someone in the opposition can't stand up and shout "you stupid loving oval office" at him without breaking some rule? loving police state of a country.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Failed Imagineer posted:

"Ethnic fabric" :ohno:
This is the only ethnic fabric we need

e: I bet if you stylized the O in Monaco you could get Greenland in there too

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Oct 21, 2021

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Guavanaut posted:

I'd use one of those souvenir tea towels from somewhere in Cornwall.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I find this interesting, in that he (and a lot of other people) really believe it's true. They see the systematic demolition job done on Corbyn as just the expression of the natural order, not as any manifestation of ideology.

https://twitter.com/Dominic2306/status/1451155989063950336?s=20

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

peanut- posted:

If there's one conspiracy you can safely believe this government will not be engaged in, it's one that would dramatically reduce house prices.

I think that it wouldn't just dramatically reduce prices (which would be good on the face of it), but it would make them completely unobtainable by anyone except cash buyers as mortgage lenders would refuse to lend at all on them. So there would be a massive transfer of property ownership to a few people who can afford to cash buy.

See how mortgage lenders reacted to the 'global financial crisis' where even if you have an unblemished record of forking out £1200 per month rent, you can't get a mortgage costing £600 per month, the whole cladding thing where it seems to me (and just a cursory glance - not gone into in detail) that they have clamped down on practically every clad property, not just high rises or type of cladding.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Oct 21, 2021

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum
Also ISP chat:

Anyone on 5G home broadband? I'm considering it because it's very good from a price-speed perspective, and I have solid 5G connectivity around here. Virgin have offered me 213 Mbps for like £25 after I cancelled with them but I can get 5g for £26 and my Three mobile 5g is speedtesting at like 300-800 Mbps.

Just a bit concerned about gaming with it, since a few people at work have mentioned that it might not be the greatest for that.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

cyril sneeeer posted:

I sincerely hope ALL conservative MPs catch covid through this "convivial fraternal spirit" and are left to die face down in a ditch by the nhs staff who would have to risk their health to treat them.

:)

As i grow older I seem to be developing an especially strong detestation of Tories, currently leading me towards a captive bolt gun (à la "No Country For Old Men") and a tank full of pig slurry as the cure for their existence. :commissar:

And no i can't do in any local MPs as N.I. doesn't have those type of Tories.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
I loving hate this country and I loving hate tories.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

e: I bet if you stylized the O in Monaco you could get Greenland in there too

Hmmm I'm going home to Cork today and I feel attacked by this

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

bessantj posted:

So this guy can stand there and say that, legally, yet someone in the opposition can't stand up and shout "you stupid loving oval office" at him without breaking some rule? loving police state of a country.

dude all the rules aren't enforcible

someone could absolutely have stood up and shouted that, they just didn't. Everyone's a coward, me, you, them. How the gently caress do you think it got this bad?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I hope all the MP's get guns so I can bully them into trying to do some John Wick stuff and watch them shoot their own dicks off.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Barry Foster posted:

big loving same

Oct 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/HKesvani/status/1451170763684425735

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Regarde Aduck posted:

dude all the rules aren't enforcible

someone could absolutely have stood up and shouted that, they just didn't. Everyone's a coward, me, you, them. How the gently caress do you think it got this bad?

Thatcher?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

bessantj posted:

Thatcher?

Thatcher was a lot of things but she was also extremely conservative and all about the rules and conventions. This whole "gently caress the norms" thing didn't *start* with Brexit - personally I date it to the GFC - but Brexit is definitely what's kicked it up to the current fever pitch.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

I think what JRM is trying to say is that there's no point Tories wearing masks because they already caught everything there is to catch during their regularly scheduled satanic orgy.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Exactly. They have all already gone mask off.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

peanut- posted:

I find this interesting, in that he (and a lot of other people) really believe it's true. They see the systematic demolition job done on Corbyn as just the expression of the natural order, not as any manifestation of ideology.

https://twitter.com/Dominic2306/status/1451155989063950336?s=20

professional victim

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

Barry Foster posted:

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

jiggerypokery posted:

professional victim

ngl, reading dominic cummings's twitter has taught me that he's kinda lame. which is dissapointing

i honestly expected more from this unironically galaxy brained dark intellectual éminence grise type of guy (at least according to all the press bigging him up for the better part of his shadowy reign)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

nurmie posted:

ngl, reading dominic cummings's twitter has taught me that he's kinda lame. which is dissapointing

i honestly expected more from this unironically galaxy brained dark intellectual éminence grise type of guy (at least according to all the press bigging him up for the better part of his shadowy reign)

The Brexit movie where he was played by Sherlock Cumberbatch, and he's basically giving it the full Beautiful Mind/Good Will Hunting only for the revelatory moment to be him scrawling "TAKE BACK CONTROL" on an office wall. That was a crack-ping moment for me