Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I still want a 61-key if not a full-rear end 88-key someday, just cause I like having the freedom of an entire plane to work with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

3-4 octaves is really enough if you're not doing keyboard splits. the frustration you feel when you need to push the octave button to hit the next note is balanced out by being able to put in on your lap or carry it

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

I still want a 61-key if not a full-rear end 88-key someday, just cause I like having the freedom of an entire plane to work with.

Don't stop at 88, go all the way to 288

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

The ct 310 is perfection

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I’m gonna preorder the new sp404 does anyone wanna buy my 404sx before it goes to reverb. Perfect condish bro

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Pollyanna posted:

You can find a decent 88 key MIDI keyboard for real cheap nowadays. I found one at the Goodwill in fact.

A MIRACLE posted:

I’m gonna preorder the new sp404 does anyone wanna buy my 404sx before it goes to reverb. Perfect condish bro

Yes sigh I can only pay you in cheesy keyboards though

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Present them

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

A MIRACLE posted:

Present them

I've got an awful lot of them. If I can really interest you I'm hopefully doing the flea market Saturday, I'll try to get a photo of every keyboard. But I doubt I have much that would be of interest to you.

ED: Hell this shot doesn't even show many of my favorites.

petit choux fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Oct 21, 2021

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

petit choux I just want to say I admire the choices you have made in life

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Agreed posted:

petit choux I just want to say I admire the choices you have made in life

Must be an aesthetic choice, it sure doesn't make money! Come to the flea market and buy a keyboard. Be there Saturday.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
In what particular corner of the world will you be selling all those beeps and boops?

I want to say it’s come up but have you considered circuit bending the older ones and selling them for outrageous prices to hipsters?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

About 95% finished with my new desk, bought a 6' instead of 5' just so I could have extra room for my synths

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Johnny Truant posted:

About 95% finished with my new desk, bought a 6' instead of 5' just so I could have extra room for my synths

That cat is soo going to love your new synth corner :cabot:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Now you just need to ditch that wallpaper.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I am extremely envious of people who have space for cool setups.

Space is really the only piece of a synth corner that I can't easily purchase I'm at the point where I have to really consider whether I get rid of the One because I'm just not using it, and it would give my 1K a place to sit.

e: Oh my sweet gracious gently caress, I didn't realize how dusty everything looks in the photo. It doesn't look that bad in real life but I guess I posted it so I won't shame out now :lol:

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Martytoof posted:

Space is really the only piece of a synth corner that I can't easily purchase I'm at the point where I have to really consider whether I get rid of the One because I'm just not using it, and it would give my 1K a place to sit.

e: Oh my sweet gracious gently caress, I didn't realize how dusty everything looks in the photo. It doesn't look that bad in real life but I guess I posted it so I won't shame out now :lol:
Gonna guess those ammo crates are not full of ammo, right? Cause that would be a lot of weight on a small shelf, over top of your valuables.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

:lol: Yeah absolutely not full of ammo

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
I built my work desk (and synth desk) out of a $200 sit/stand desk frame and a $200 6" x 3" butcher block counter top from the hardware store.

I finished the butcher block with Danish oil (many coats with sanding in between), and it came out amazing. Having my monitor on mounted on an arm is also an S-tier quality of work-life improvement.

If you need a desk that will outlast you, I completely recommend it.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Pollyanna posted:

gently caress no that poo poo’s classic

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Rolo posted:

In what particular corner of the world will you be selling all those beeps and boops?

I want to say it’s come up but have you considered circuit bending the older ones and selling them for outrageous prices to hipsters?

Salisbury, MD, USA at the flea market downtown. And yes, I have, but most circuit bending doesn't do much of an improvement over the original sound so I'm not quick to do it. I'm trying to direct my raccoon genes toward building poo poo instead of taking poo poo apart though - it's not easy - and I'm hoping to have finished assembling this very soon:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The desk isn't as important as the cable management and power outlet availability. :colbert:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

dexefiend posted:

I built my work desk (and synth desk) out of a $200 sit/stand desk frame and a $200 6" x 3" butcher block counter top from the hardware store.

I finished the butcher block with Danish oil (many coats with sanding in between), and it came out amazing. Having my monitor on mounted on an arm is also an S-tier quality of work-life improvement.

Honestly kinda tempted to do this. I need a new desk and I would like it to be simple and not have to break the bank.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

IKEA has a new computer desk with cable management. I bought two

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
https://youtu.be/5oNFASVNH9Q

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

xzzy posted:

The desk isn't as important as the cable management and power outlet availability. :colbert:

I’m currently embracing the use of battery power and a coffee table.

I’m getting tired of moving these around so I think I’m just gonna get another ikea desk or something for the other room.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rolo posted:

I’m currently embracing the use of battery power and a coffee table.

I’m getting tired of moving these around so I think I’m just gonna get another ikea desk or something for the other room.

the perspective on this picture is messing with my mind. i almost asked you what that synth made of cloth is all about

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Oh yeah it’s just an IKEA indoor/outdoor rug. I prioritized something easy to clean so my friends dogs can come sleep on it.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I'm guessing you don't undock that Switch much, huh

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

…poo poo, maybe I should get a coffeetable.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Martytoof posted:

what stand are you using for your tracker?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Lol, she was integral in getting the legs on and checking for stability!

Pollyanna posted:

Cutting me deep, Pollyanna, deep :negative:

dexefiend posted:

Exactly what I did! The frame I think was closer to $300, and I finished with 4 coats of poly. I'm also already looking at a monitor mount to really make the space amazing. One more monitor and a dual monitor arm mount :allears:

xzzy posted:

So true, I'm now onto the actual HARD part of dealing with such a large desk. Especially because I don't want my desktop tower to be on the desk itself, which means loooooooong cables, at least for a few things. I've had a cable track bookmarked for awhile that has good recs from homies, hoping that will solve most of my issues.

I'm aiming, for the synths, to get a powered USB hub, then a USB mixer/MIDI in/out hub for the actual bleep bloops. Wish me luck :ohdear:

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Quick everyone post their synth cats

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Black cats best cats. :cabot:

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Pollyanna posted:

Black cats best cats. :cabot:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
1. SYNTH CATS. More please that’s awesome.

2. How do you like the Digitone? My friend fell so hard for his Digitakt that he’s debating selling some stuff to get one.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Organ (might as well be a synth)cat

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ8t0L8FZrY

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
I'm glad to see they're making what looks like original synths again, and for Volca money this is sure to be a hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Rolo posted:

1. SYNTH CATS. More please that’s awesome.

2. How do you like the Digitone? My friend fell so hard for his Digitakt that he’s debating selling some stuff to get one.

Oh I fuckin love my Digitone! I'll probably get a Digitakt to complement it in the (near-ish) future. If your buddy like the DT, the DN has all the same Elektron sequencing goodness, satisfying to press buttons, infinite encoders, etc etc

Pia is the only furbutt of mine to take interest in my synths, Butter gives 0 fucks