Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Current status of Hu Tao fund:

I'd really like to add the 2400 gems for beating the Spiral Abyss (?) but I don't have the skill to not get slaughtered on floor 7~

perhaps i'll get there before she drops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dramatika posted:

Yes, she really, really wants staff of homa.
No, not really. R1 Staff of Homa is only a 10-15% upgrade over Deathmatch. And while Dragon's Bane is hard to compare directly due to it encouraging a more reaction-based playstyle, its DPS is generally higher than Deathmatch's.

Staff of Homa is nice but at all a requirement, not anymore than 5* weapons are on most characters.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

So are we getting a childe story quest with the event or nah?

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

kater posted:

So are we getting a childe story quest with the event or nah?

childe already has one, if anything we'd get the second act

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Tae posted:

Hu Tao's entire thing is dps, and doing it in extremely quick windows with a cooldown that favors the playstyle of switching off to replenish your buffs.

From a pure gameplay thing, no one needs a fire unit ever until they make someone outdamage a Catch Xingling or out utility a benny.
So is Hu Tao a very big number all at once or does she have continuous big numbers and continuous elemental application?

I'm just trying to understand what Hu Tao actually does. Like is she doing 100k pyro dmg every 20s with no particle generation and a single elemental application? Because that would be terrible.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hu tao is an autoattack/charge attack focused whose skill gives her damage based on her max hp and a pyro infusion. her ult deals bonus damage when shes below half health and she has a passive that gives her bonus pyro damage below half health. therefore she can trigger vaporize and melt off her autoattacks and enjoys HP% sands. shes a consistent on field dps, not a burst focused character, its just that you switch off when her skill's buff ends.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Sanctum posted:

So is Hu Tao a very big number all at once or does she have continuous big numbers and continuous elemental application?

I'm just trying to understand what Hu Tao actually does. Like is she doing 100k pyro dmg every 20s with no particle generation and a single elemental application? Because that would be terrible.

You charge spam during 9 seconds and at some point you may ult. Her energy recharge over those 9 seconds is 4-6 particles.

As far as damage for example, my hu tao with deathmatch without buffs from other characters, just vapes, does 36K charged crits up to 8 times + 2 x12K normal crits + 6 x 7K non-vape crits over the skill duration with 69% crit rate. The average damage I do is about 290K without other buffs over duration. If I ult I do 92K ults. If I add Zhongli and Albedo, their buffs make the numbers 42% bigger .

Her stats, about 36K max HP, 69% crit rate, 210% crit daamge, 2 wanderers + 2 millelith.

AParadox fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Oct 21, 2021

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Sanctum posted:

hu tao pushes her E button, then spams charge attacks and makes a couple of particles during it. Depending on how built your Hu Tao is, you've go from decent output in a short window tied to how much stamina you have, and some vapes, to very strong output unbound by stamina (C1) and tons of vapes, to reality-bending boss vaporizing crits (C6 Homa R5) only matched by the likes of C6 Ganyu and C6 Eula.

Hu Tao is considered one of the strongest DPSes in the game, but she is mostly single-target and requires a bit of finessing to uses properly. But her limiters on damage output are definitely workable, unlike Yoimiya, and her damage ceiling blows way past Diluc or Klee.

I mean, we don't know how strong Itto is going to be, but let me remind people that he's going to be a Geo unit, and therefore, its next to impossible for his DPS to match that of the top level DPSes. If you're looking for a top DPS right now, Hu Tao is the best bet.

...now, if you have Xiao, you might want to hold off, as there's rumblings that Yun Jin is going to be the Anemo gorou/sara, so keep your wits about you.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Sanctum posted:

Hu Tao is more of a continuous damage character.
She presses her skill to light her spear on fire and get a fat attack damage bonus based on maxhp, then she spams normal attack->charge attack->normal attack->charge attack until the buff wears off. Normal and charged attacks have separate internal cooldowns for reactions, so, paired with Xingqiu, she can trigger vaporize on every single hit this way.

Her burst is a big single-hit nuke that gets stronger if she's below 50% hp. It's not the majority of her damage but it's a nice big number that can also vaporize, and hits in a fairly large AOE.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
Hu tao with those stats I mentioned in action:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
further adventures in genshin:

Raiden's english VA sounding a bit british is really weird.

Compared to Liyue and Mondstat, a lot of the ladies in Inazuma really are into the Traveler. Slow your roll there, ayaka.

e: Wait Ayaka is just Vergil from DMC, as you were Ayaka :swoon:

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
Still want to get Hu Tao, but I hit a 20k crit on signora while finishing up the inazuma questline with XiangLing so I really don’t need her.

How do I get started on fishing? After I burn through the event as fast as I can now that it’s unlocked I want to get XL her Catch. Her base energy recharge is abysmal.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

There's a guy on the river outside Monstadt, talk to him to unlock fishing. He's on the shore closest to the city, not on the opposite side of the river from it. On the left.

Once you have it unlocked, you can trade for the catch with a lady in Inazuma. Fish take a couple days to respawn and there's only a few fishing spots for the fish you need for it, so it might take you a week or so to unlock it, and probably about a month to R5 it. You can cheese it by going to other people's worlds, though.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

Endorph posted:

There's a guy on the river outside Monstadt, talk to him to unlock fishing. He's on the shore closest to the city, not on the opposite side of the river from it. On the left.

Once you have it unlocked, you can trade for the catch with a lady in Inazuma. Fish take a couple days to respawn and there's only a few fishing spots for the fish you need for it, so it might take you a week or so to unlock it, and probably about a month to R5 it. You can cheese it by going to other people's worlds, though.

Thank you!

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

Still want to get Hu Tao, but I hit a 20k crit on signora while finishing up the inazuma questline with XiangLing so I really don’t need her.

How do I get started on fishing? After I burn through the event as fast as I can now that it’s unlocked I want to get XL her Catch. Her base energy recharge is abysmal.

Basically just look up all the locations for the fish you need on the map because even if you hit all of them every 3 days (which is the respawn timer for fishing spots) it'll take a few weeks to R5 it.

Most importantly, the unique purple fish you need (Raimei Angelfish) only appears in a single fishing spot, and can only be caught at night. It's the only fish with a time-of-day restriction AFAIK. Then there are 6 fishing spots for koi (needed for the weapon itself) and 7 for pufferfish (needed for the refine material).

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Speaking of fishing rods do the other ones do anything different or are they just cosmetic? The wiki seemed to suggest the latter.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Basically just look up all the locations for the fish you need on the map because even if you hit all of them every 3 days (which is the respawn timer for fishing spots) it'll take a few weeks to R5 it.

Most importantly, the unique purple fish you need (Raimei Angelfish) only appears in a single fishing spot, and can only be caught at night. It's the only fish with a time-of-day restriction AFAIK. Then there are 6 fishing spots for koi (needed for the weapon itself) and 7 for pufferfish (needed for the refine material).

There are quite a few fish that appear only during day/night (see https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Fishing/Fishing_Points ), but it's less visible for them, since they are mixed in with others.

Acerbatus posted:

Speaking of fishing rods do the other ones do anything different or are they just cosmetic? The wiki seemed to suggest the latter.

You can read it in inventory, I believe. IIRC they get shorter catching times in their respective areas and the event rod gets shorter time anywhere, but only if you stay in the catching area.

Sanya Juutilainen fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Oct 21, 2021

Selane
May 19, 2006

Hazdoc posted:

I mean, we don't know how strong Itto is going to be, but let me remind people that he's going to be a Geo unit, and therefore, its next to impossible for his DPS to match that of the top level DPSes.
It can be as high as they want it to be.

Hazdoc posted:

...now, if you have Xiao, you might want to hold off, as there's rumblings that Yun Jin is going to be the Anemo gorou/sara, so keep your wits about you.
Is there even the slightest bit of actual proof of this? I don't believe any rumors about characters that aren't even in the beta yet.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Selane posted:

Is there even the slightest bit of actual proof of this? I don't believe any rumors about characters that aren't even in the beta yet.
She has an anemo vision in the ending CG of the cooking event. We don't know if Gorou's on Albedo or Itto's banner, but if he's on Albedo's then we know they really like putting new same element 4*s meant to work with the character on rerun banners. So odds are pretty strong on her being an Anemo 4* that will be on a rerun banner. Both Venti and Xiao are in a pretty good range to be rerun in 2.4.

Everything else is pure speculation from there, though, but there's some grounding in fact and precedent.

Of course, I wouldn't hold off on rolling for Hu Tao just because a 4* two months from now might be good with a character I may or may not have.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Oct 21, 2021

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

AParadox posted:

Hu tao with those stats I mentioned in action:
That's a lot

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Sanctum posted:

That's a lot

Hu Tao is one of the elite 5 star DPSs, up there with Ganyu and Eula (in the right circumstances). She also really only needs XQ to function.

Not shown in that video is that a her ult is an AoE single hit and huge self heal, that far out damages her charge attacks.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I'm not entirely sure what the point of the second team is in the labyrinth. If your main team is low on health, the only place you can change to the second team is where you get healed up anyway, unless you're specifically cursed against being healed by the thing. And you're likely to have a healer on your team, so, okay?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Jesus christ, mhy. This is an enemy spawned for a commission, why is it's leash range so short?

https://i.imgur.com/JNlaqul.mp4

e: This honestly seems to be a running problem with the big dogs; they're aggro range is like just slightly shorter than their reset. I had multiple times where I'd aggro one while fighting some other mobs, but moving it just slightly further away from where it started it would reset forcing me to fight it all over again.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
There's a weird warp dog spawn that agroes you across a stream that is just at its limit for it's rebound effect. Hopefully they fix it in a future patch they'll make it invulnerable, like those loving hatchlings

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/GundamJoe/status/1451185625453895693

No idea how to solve this puzzle.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

I though most white light ones were not a puzzle? Only the the ones you can infuse electro are part of any puzzle AFAIK

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Anora posted:

No idea how to solve this puzzle.

Why do you think it's a puzzle?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It's not a puzzle, it's a guide stone to keep the fog from engulfing you and teleporting you a ways back. The other ones that want you to hit them with Electro do the same thing.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

The white stones are just there to be visible through the fog so you can find your way to the fog-dispelling perch tree while you can't see poo poo

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea they're just fog lights

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Magus42 posted:

Why do you think it's a puzzle?

there are a lot of puzzles on that island. why are the fog lights still on when the fog is cleared? I get the confusion

e: there are fog lights, fog lights that have to be turned on to explore, and fog lights that need to be lit up with the feather for some puzzles

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Aww, you can click on the tiny shikigami dude in the event screen and pet him. :3:

And Xinyan :rock:

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I think I hate the new event. At least for the first day, it's a boring corridor slog bookended by a ton of very slow dialogue cutscenes.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Purple ones are a puzzle! White ones are just there.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Hey has anyone heard about these lights that aren't a puzzle? Crazy stuff

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Traveller posted:

Aww, you can click on the tiny shikigami dude in the event screen and pet him. :3:

And Xinyan :rock:

we're getting closer to petting dogs and cats, so close

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
Really wish they had offered some explanation regarding the new event before they threw you into the party construction screen.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Lazy_Liberal posted:

we're getting closer to petting dogs and cats, so close

If we can have all the characters playing instruments we can have this.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im really digging this event but then 'combat corridors and a bunch of dialogue' is basically what i want from this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

when they added the fishing i was disappointed only traveler had animations for it, but they got the instrument working with everyone so i guess this is just a work in progress